PDA

View Full Version : W.I.P Halo 3 Battle Rifle

Hunter
March 24th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I have started the Battle Rifle, this time I will try and keep it lower poly, I will be optimizing after as well.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/BR_1.png

Edit: 16 Views and not one reply! Thats mint!
Come on people, just say what you think so far...

Hunter
March 24th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Will another picture get you posting?

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/BR_2.png

Or another two?

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/BR_3.png

Timo
March 24th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Trying actually getting the thing fully or at least half modeled before you come in asking for comments - you'll probably get more replies then.

teh lag
March 24th, 2008, 07:10 PM
There's not much to comment on tbh; you have a bad habit of posting stuff that's not at a state where it can genuinely receive crit. A few things I noticed though :

-Grid looks uncomfortable.

-At the back/top, the faces seem a bit odd. Not sure exactly what's causing it, but they just don't look right.

-What's up with that random triangle intrusion on the grip?

Sel
March 24th, 2008, 07:16 PM
-What's up with that random triangle intrusion on the grip?

He mistook the forger indicator as part of the gun.

Hunter
March 24th, 2008, 07:16 PM
You have a point Timo lol.

The grip does look un-comfy, but take a look at bungies.

And there is a little detail in the handle, but i missed some vertexes. I will prob take it off.

Edit:
Halomaps.org---RougeSpartan414: Take the indent off the handle.
martynball (WMHunterTLS): Why?
Nugga117: because it's not on the weapon, that's the forge directional indicator you're seeing in the screenshot.

I am an idiot Lol.

TeeKup
March 24th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Um.

Chamfer = Bad

Sel
March 24th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Um.

Chamfer = Bad

It can be good in places.

Tweek
March 24th, 2008, 07:39 PM
spline + bevel = idiot
also, WTF chamfer. too bad you're barely using it properly.

Hunter
March 24th, 2008, 07:41 PM
spline? I havnt used spline once, since I started modeling....

Tweek = Failed to try and be smart.

SnaFuBAR
March 24th, 2008, 07:45 PM
you're not turning your surfaces properly, they look bad.

Tweek
March 24th, 2008, 07:45 PM
whatever, you still haven't got a clue of what you're doing though.
not like anything you say makes any impact to anyone here, so say whatever you want.
everyone will just look at you, and think about what a joke you are.

TeeKup
March 24th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Tweek = Failed to try and be smart.

AH HA HA HA HA.........HAH HA.

Hunter
March 24th, 2008, 07:48 PM
They will also think how perfectic you are... flaming me all of the time. Now Stfu, or get the fuck of this thread, because I dont want people going off-topic because of you.

Infraction for off topic? ^

Ontopic: I will fix that Snaf.

SnaFuBAR
March 24th, 2008, 07:48 PM
whatever, you still haven't got a clue of what you're doing though.
not like anything you say makes any impact to anyone here, so say whatever you want.
everyone will just look at you, and think about what a joke you are.

/thread

Sever
March 24th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Seriously, learn to spline-model before you even show your face here again. Stop viewing bad (ie: most of them) tutorials on how to model (or more precisely, on how to take the 'easy' route, but fail at it altogether).

Hunter
March 24th, 2008, 07:51 PM
What I don't understand is why this community try and judge peoples models on the way they are modeled.

Why the Fuck does it matter.

People model differently.

As long as the model looks good it does not matter how its modeled.

I Plane Model! Not Spline... End of story.

If I make another thread on a model I make do NOT start commenting on the techniques I used to model it, just tell me how to improve it!

Its mainly Tweek...and some other people. Snaf actually tells me how to improve it, plus hes the weapons expert.

Seriously, learn to spline-model before you even show your face here again. Stop viewing bad (ie: most of them) tutorials on how to model (or more precisely, on how to take the 'easy' route, but fail at it altogether).

I think you will find that I WILL model the way I model, if you don't like it then stfu and gtfo!

Heathen
March 25th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I really don't like WM's attitude towards everyone...seriously, look at his posts....
No infraction? I'll take one if he gets one...
I'm waiting for his remark...attempting to be smart but failing

SuperSunny
March 25th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Grow up all of you? You're not going to achieve anything by winning on the internet.

Just crit his model, not him. (Applying to everyone who's critiquing each other)

I can see the imperfections everyone else has posted. I recommend completing much more of the model first before you show the next screenshot, though. It would help on judging it a bit more accurate.

The reason I never modeled any weapons is not that they would look bad (I can model decently), but that they would be overjudged beyond anything else on a sci-fi game taking place thousands of years later. Although you are modeling off a reference and it should be accurate to it.

I understand that Tweek and WM have a bit of lashing heat. That's why I wholeheartedly love the PM system.

Bastinka
March 25th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Really, give the kid a chance. We all make mistakes in the past don't we?

I think it's coming along nicely (In some places), I dont really like the chamfered edges but then again i always hated the grip part of the battle rifle. Just ignore people who don't crit and don't walk into an argument leading to off-topic and another ban/infraction.

IAW SuperSunny.

Hunter
March 25th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I really don't like WM's attitude towards everyone...seriously, look at his posts....
No infraction? I'll take one if he gets one...
I'm waiting for his remark...attempting to be smart but failing

My attitude...?

There is nothing wrong with my attitude. Its the fact that I state the facts.

Also i'm not receiving Infractions because staying on topic, and im not flaming people unless get flamed myself by that person.

Thanks for the support Sunny and Silent.

SgtBotley
March 25th, 2008, 05:10 PM
'careface' about the silly grudge match you n Tweek are having i wanna see more progress on this rifle.

'Having an argument on the internet is like taking part in the parolympics, whether you win or fail you're still retarded'

as i sort of found out once receiving crit from Snaffles :D, at the end of the day all that is important is 'progress'.

Hunter
March 25th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I feel the same way, but i'm not going to sit here and watch Tweek flame me.

He is a bit ridiculous.

I mean, what is the point, what did I do to provok that thread the noob made?

Fuck all lol. All of his silliness. Hes like a kid :D

On topic: I will finish this Battle Rifle.

SgtBotley
March 25th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Offtopic: just leave it and dont give a shit, just accept or ignore advice from people without gettin provocative.

On Topic: i want some updated Renders :D !

Hunter
March 25th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Lol. That is a good idea but...

I think Tweek deserves a comment. Otherwise he wont feel like a retard...

On topic: I will get you some renders in a few minutes when Tweek decides to stop.

Hotrod
March 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM
This is looking pretty good, keep it up.

Don't let people discourage you from your work. It doesn't really matter how you do it, as long as it looks good. Sure, it might be easier to do it another way, but if you prefer plane modeling, then nobody should try to force you to change.

SgtBotley
March 25th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I think this topic* got confused a bit...

1) Plane modelling FTW,
2) Hunter, if you keep retaliating then you're feeding the fire and one of you will eventually get burned (corny eh? :P)
3) i'd suggest giving forums in general, that you know you're going to be provoked, a break. finish your model so its looking 'Seksy' and bring it back here for crit, if someone says something to antagonise you, be the bigger man and leave it, just simply ignore that posts existance and you should be fine.

teh lag
March 25th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I think this topic* got confused a bit...

1) Plane modelling FTW,
2) Hunter, if you keep retaliating then you're feeding the fire and one of you will eventually get burned (corny eh? :P)
3) i'd suggest giving forums in general, that you know you're going to be provoked, a break. finish your model so its looking 'Seksy' and bring it back here for crit, if someone says something to antagonise you, be the bigger man and leave it, just simply ignore that posts existance and you should be fine.

This man speaks wise words. Hunter, there's no reason you had to get into these massive dramaz, and you could have avoided them easily by not arguing over such trivial matters. If something looks like it could start a flamewar, just leave it be. I find it funny how we have yet to see some mroe progress; perhaps if you weren't so focused on arguing with people you could actually improve your ability and make some progress.

SgtBotley
March 25th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Origionally Posted by teh lag
This man speaks wise words. Hunter, there's no reason you had to get into these massive dramaz, and you could have avoided them easily by not arguing over such trivial matters. If something looks like it could start a flamewar, just leave it be. I find it funny how we have yet to see some mroe progress; perhaps if you weren't so focused on arguing with people you could actually improve your ability and make some progress. Today 10:29 PM+ rep to you sir

Hunter
March 25th, 2008, 05:38 PM
You have got a point lol.

Could a mod lock Tweeks thread, as it is obvious he has made it aimed at me.

CrAsHOvErRide
March 25th, 2008, 05:40 PM
WMHunter...his behavior was pathetic but yours wasn't that much better. You could have ignored him and to be honest, that would have achieved even more what you wanted to achieve in the first place, his humiliation.

Pathetic either way, this topic needs a lock.

SgtBotley
March 25th, 2008, 05:43 PM
not this topic..., this topic needs a clean.

the other topic needs deletion if it was a direct assault on Hunters character.

Hunter
March 25th, 2008, 05:43 PM
You are correct. This topic will only have my updates in now.

Please don't lock this thread, please lock Tweeks.

Saves me making a new thread when my Battle Rifle is done.

CrAsHOvErRide
March 25th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Sorry, I mixed up the threads.

thehoodedsmack
March 25th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Hunter, why don't you lock this thread, and then unlock it once you have stuff to show?

Hunter
March 25th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Good idea.

Thread locked.

Hunter
March 26th, 2008, 10:15 AM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/BR_4.png

Not much of any update but yeah...

And i think I am going to change bungies grip. As bungies is shit.

teh lag
March 26th, 2008, 10:51 AM

So why post it?

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4311/br4bm0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

il Duce Primo
March 26th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Those triangle things are not spaced apart evenly.

@teh lag, Maybe he wanted to give an update to see if someone can point out a mistake that he has not seen. And if you are not going to help him and instead be a douch why post yourself?

Choking Victim
March 26th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Those triangle things are not spaced apart evenly.

@teh lag, Maybe he wanted to give an update to see if someone can point out a mistake that he has not seen. And if you are not going to help him and instead be a douch why post yourself?
He did help him...

SnaFuBAR
March 26th, 2008, 02:51 PM

And i think I am going to change bungies grip. As bungies is shit.

Mostly inaccurate, because you still don't know how to read form. look at the way that light acts on the surfaces. there's too much wrong with it. The heatshield is too flat. There's poor surfaces all over the place. You've yet to learn how to make a good mesh and that's pretty obvious.

Funny to hear someone of your skill level bashing Bungie's model:eyesroll:

il Duce Primo
March 26th, 2008, 03:18 PM
O, I'm sorry teh lag. When I posted the picture didn't show up. My bad and sorry.

Apoc4lypse
March 26th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Mostly inaccurate, because you still don't know how to read form.

I can agree with that, I think its mostly that hes not being accurate or true to what he sees... I can see quite a few inaccuracies, but they really aren't show stoppers to me, if the gun was actually further along there would be more to comment on, but right now, the only thing to constructively critique is small inaccuracies, and some messy faces.

Its really too early in the game though to make him fix these. Modeling clean sort of comes with time, and its a skill you pick up the more you model, and you begin to see whats right and whats wrong. He just doesn't have the eye for that yet imo. Its more of an experience thing I personally think.

Its why all of us can look back at things we modeled close to a year ago and find countless imperfections in the mesh, even though at the time you might have thought the model was pretty good, and you maybe felt proud of it.

I personally think its not a bad model, I also don't think its finished enough to be critiqued.

Keep working on it hunter, next post try to have about 2 times as much done that you have now. Its currently maybe 25% finished, add on another 25% and maybe there will be more we can help you with other then small imperfections.

I kind of think thats the problem though, its an experience issue, anything we point out to you at this stage is just because your not very experienced, and I don't think that pointing out most of the minor errors will actually help your modeling skills. Its all about having the eye for detail, and being able to see your own imperfections, the more you model the more and more of these minor mistakes you will catch and the better your mesh's will become. Of course there are bigger things that can be helped like poor technique that can lead to bad habits with modeling.

The biggest thing I would tell you to fix at this stage is what lag pointed out in his picture. (mainly the stuff on the left) the grip definitely looks uncomfortable to hold, but if thats the way Bungies is then I'd say keep it that way for now.

TeeKup
March 26th, 2008, 03:30 PM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6213/okaydi4.png
I find this rather funny especially coming from you. Perhaps I should have been more specific in my post concerning the hypocrisy consider the fact that he was trying to make Tweek seem ignorant when it was inherent sarcasm and the only thing Hunter has been posting is/was total stupidity and drama in a good number of his post. I don't give a damn about rep but I would appreciate it if and when you tried to insult me or prove me wrong you read everything everyone has said and take it all into consideration. I think I've made it clear by now that I can't stand any form of stupidity. Regardless of how someone has improved on a model, if he posts stupid comments; takes things out of proportion, I'll show no amount of respect what-so-ever.

Hunter
March 26th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Fuck It..... Good bye.

SgtBotley
March 26th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Good job guys, just downed the quantity of the community by 1.

('Good Job' = sarcasm for those who are inept)

Choking Victim
March 26th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Fuck It..... Good bye.
Until next time...
Thinks about a certain suicide thread written by someone

Idjiki
March 26th, 2008, 05:27 PM
offtopic: I know about being flamed and I gave up on retaliation... just took too much of my time and I was thinking about that and not my work...PM for BS keep the threads clean

disclosure: I'm too new to really help you out any

ontopic: don't drop the work or your thread. I like the model so far and yes I can see the imperfections but we learn by doing and re-doing and starting fresh and posting here for help/advice/exposure/community... i subscribed to this thread in the hopes he will come back

Keep it up and bring us more pics... I for one am interested

JDMFSeanP
March 26th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Quitting is no way to deal with anything.

Take what Snaf says in the right light and you can become very good. He is a very talented artist, and sure you may be on his bad side, but in a way that is good as he will give you harsher comments.

You need to learn to take comments the right way and grow from what you are told. Nobody can hit this first try and just be perfect.

SnaFuBAR
March 26th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Fuck It..... Good bye.
see you in 3 days.

Apoc4lypse
March 26th, 2008, 05:52 PM
teek... bleh i dont care

and yes I did edit this post.. had more to say but your just not worth my attention

word of advice tho, next time you want to play that game, do the community a favor, negative rep my post, and say what ever you want, or pm me, because no one cares about our argument, and you just basically destroyed the thread.

Good job, you just won at the "special Olympics".

SnaFuBAR
March 26th, 2008, 05:57 PM
tweek hasn't posted in like 4 pages bro... wrong thread?

Apoc4lypse
March 26th, 2008, 06:00 PM
tweek hasn't posted in like 4 pages bro... wrong thread?

tis a typo bleh fixed it.

but seriously, rep is rep, if you want to bitch about it, either rep me back and bitch about it, or just pm me, because no one else here cares what you think about it, plus u derailed the thread and pissed off the topic starter.

whats even funnier is the post I repped was like 3 pages before that, and even funnier was what you said...

AH HA HA HA HA.........HAH HA.

which came right after tweek talking about what a joke hunter is... bandwagoneer. How necessary was it to post that stop kissing ass.

liam3006
March 26th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I reckon every1 shud chill out, let hunter do his work, tweek do his and just leave each other alone :(

SnaFuBAR
March 26th, 2008, 06:56 PM
welcome to the community :evil:

liam3006
March 26th, 2008, 08:30 PM
welcome to the community :evil:
sorry i didn't mean to offend anyone:(, i hope we can still be friends :)

randreach454
March 26th, 2008, 09:21 PM
ugh, where to begin..
Ok, Hunter, at least model the battlerifle fully before posting it, with a great amount of pics so that, with a "what you might think complete" model, then we can give you all the feedback you need to knock it all out in one shot and have a perfect model..
Tweek, I know your a great artist, but that thread was a tid bit too far, it could have just began and ended with what i just said..

anyways, I dont model guns, but tbh its not that good even with your little updates.. get referance pics of every angle of the gun if you havent already, so that you'll understand how the guns sides angle and bevel in etc etc..

Mr Buckshot
March 26th, 2008, 09:27 PM
As I am no modeler, it ain't in my position to criticize Hunter's work. However, I have observed that other modelers progress a lot more than you have before posting their work as a "WIP." I know WIP means Work In Progress, but you might as well post one polygon and call that a WIP at the rate you go. Your rifle is still in the gray un-patterned state. I suggest you put on all the core parts, and maybe smooth it a bit before posting again.

In other words, please don't post a model whose next stage is rather ambiguous. Your model is in too early a stage to receive any real critique.

m13120
March 26th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Off topic: I think some sort of "guidelines" should be created, stating that before someone posts a model to be critiqued, that the model must reach certain standards such as being in a somewhat almost-finished state and needs some fine tuning, not a model which has just been started and the modeler wanting everything they do to the model to be critiqued. What I had in mind was something like the noobie tip Conscars made about releasing maps

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1480

On topic: Please hunter, don't become one of those people that start working on something then lose interest in it very quickly. They annoy me almost as much as the people that have "super great ideas for maps" but then ask other mappers to make the map for them. Even if the model isn't that great in its present state, I think if you kept working at it, no matter how long it takes, you could achieve something worthy. I think that one of your problems may be that you are lacking the patience to finish a model. I'm sure that when you came up with the idea to try and make the H3 battle rifle you were excited to start working on it, but now you seem to have lost that eagerness. I say just try to keep working on this model, and when you think it is in a state where its almost finished but need some finishing touches, you could come back and post an update of your model and have some of veteran modelers give you some tips on how to make it better.

il Duce Primo
March 26th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Who is anyone or a rule that states that this model sucks. There should not be a guidline. BUt instead people willing to help in any possible way or just not post.

SnaFuBAR
March 26th, 2008, 10:14 PM
or if you come to a public forum to show your work, expect positives and negatives. you want pats on the back and gratitude only? go show mommy.

SMASH
March 26th, 2008, 10:23 PM
^^ it works every time, I know

m13120
March 26th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Who is anyone or a rule that states that this model sucks. There should not be a guidline. BUt instead people willing to help in any possible way or just not post.

Sorry I couldn't really understand your first sentence. If you are saying there shouldn't be a guideline stating that a model should be in a somewhat almost-finished state before being posted, then that could be parallel to you saying that there shouldn't be a guideline about releasing one's first map and that anyone can post a map, no matter how crappy or boxy it is.

But I do agree with you that there should be people willing to help. I don't really like seeing veteran modelers just showing off their skills but not willing to help someone that wants to become a good modeler. I believe that it is a veteran modeler's responsibility (notice I didn't say duty) to help newbie modelers so they can pass their knowledge onto others and help create a better community. In my opinion (because I know a lot of you will disagree with me), if veteran content creators helped others improve what they are trying to do, maybe there would be more quality content being released.

or if you come to a public forum to show your work, expect positives and negatives. you want pats on the back and gratitude only? go show mommy.

Agreed, if you post your content at a site where there aren't many veterans, then you can be expected to get comments like "oh wow super awesome" or "uberly great job!" If that were to happen, you can be misled into thinking that you have actually created quality content, whereas in the "real world," many others will look down on the content. Negatives are what help you improve, as long as it is constructive and doesn't discourage you from completing your work.

SMASH
March 26th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Ok, so, for Hunter's sake, I will tell a story.

So I started modeling and anything decent I'd show off at Halomods and everyone would applaud. Then, I came here, did exactly what your doing right now, and turned myself off to criticism. Bad move. Cause then I did the mature thing and put my ego aside and actually listened to these great veterans and was able to exceed increasingly.

So moral of the story = shut up + listen + take criticism like a man = Better skill.

Sorry, i got two people mixed up forget this part >.<

Idjiki
March 27th, 2008, 01:06 PM
offtopic: Well, how about this... if someone releases their first boxy map (or model or whatever) and gets all the abuse that they will get here but then actually learns from that mistake and starts trying much harder... well then what?

<looks to self as a good example>

I get it if someone posts something too early and then nvr improves on it or even tries... then that was a total mistake in the first place.

Maybe we need a new forum for new modelers, that way the vets can avoid it altogether if they want.. no need to fight over it then since the line is clearly demarcated... 'new boxy crappy I'm just learning stuff' on one side and professional (or nearly professional) stuff on the other side. The new ppl can learn from the professional posts and can post their work at the other 'boxy crappy I'm just learning' forum.

I don't know, I just think it looks so bad when I go through a lot of threads and see more ranting and flaming than actual commentary and feedback.

ontopic: ummm, I want new pics of the model Hunter. Bring 'em here.

Apoc4lypse
March 27th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I'm surprised that no ones come here yet to put a stop to this madness...

SnaFuBAR
March 27th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I'm surprised that no ones come here yet to put a stop to this madness...
madness??

THIS!

IS!

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3002/thisisspartayd4.jpg
SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Ki11a_FTW
March 27th, 2008, 04:50 PM
*searches for the techno remix*

http://91.121.71.200/gifs/5283.gif

SPARTA!!!-A-A-A-A-A-A!!!!

teh lag
March 27th, 2008, 04:58 PM
*searches for the techno remix*

http://91.121.71.200/gifs/5283.gif

SPARTA!!!-A-A-A-A-A-A!!!!

wtf is that

also

wcAq9mOUx8s&autoplay=1

SnaFuBAR
March 27th, 2008, 05:16 PM
roffle, teh lag's avatar is dancing to sparta techno xD

Heathen
March 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM

Damn, I have to agree....and I'm far from a kissass...

but I give one hell of a rimjob

Timo
March 27th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Back on topic, now.

Idjiki
March 27th, 2008, 10:18 PM
ontopic: ...

offtopic: the last page makes me smile!

legionaire45
March 27th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Considering Hunter has given up on H2V for the 5th time this week shouldn't this thread be locked?

I'm going to direct the next few comments at Hunter. If (rather, when) you come back to read these, don't freak out. In fact, get the idea that we are all out to get you out of your head. Thinking like that is only going to hurt you rather then help.

Your biggest flaw is that you can't sit down and listen to anyone. Every time you get banned you come back and say "Look i lerned to listen to peple i am better now i don't do dat old shit anymor!" and yet this happens over and over again. If you are offended by people's comments, tough shit, suck it up. I've had teachers at my school openly tell me that my works look like BS and that I should go back to Middle School and instead of pissing my pants and crying like the rest of the class I suck it up and ask how I can improve it. I actually have the respect of some of my teacher's. Honestly, if you freak out over something as small as criticism from an online forum where the closest people to you are dozens or hundreds of miles away I seriously worry about what will happen to you in the real world.

Next time, instead of rushing to show off the 5 minutes of work you have put into your latest model get more then at least 80% of it done. Posting something like this:
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/4/9523380592.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic/5163149)
doesn't tell me even a fifth as much about the model as something as incomplete as this:
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/4/10102573821.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic/5205179)

Another thing, work on your spelling and grammar. No one will even attempt to take you seriously if u talk and typ lik dis. If you have to, install Firefox and use the built in spell checker. Reread your posts, go take an english class at a local community college or something (if you are under 18 and are enrolled in high school then you can take classes for free, at least in California), anything! If you misspell the word "provoke" out in the real world you will be laughed at and ignored by any serious employer, unless of course you plan to work at a McDonalds. Don't give us the bullshit excuse that you can't learn how to spell, I have friend who entered this country without knowing a single god damn word of English and he got a 700 on his fucking SAT, which probably beats my score which was in the 93 percentile of everyone in the entire US. I've spoken English my entire damn life, so that is saying something.

Ki11a_FTW
March 27th, 2008, 11:14 PM
i like it :-3

Jay2645
March 27th, 2008, 11:31 PM
I think I liked Tweek's gun better.

legionaire45
March 27th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I think I liked Tweek's gun better.
If that is directed at me...well....FUCK YOU WITH A RAKE >=U.
xD that was my first gun model ever, there wasn't any smoothing applied to it and there were a shit load of errors on it :3

EDIT: well, Since I didn't crit Hunter's model I might as well. There are errors on the top of the butt of the weapon and you are wasting polygons on those lines you added in. Texture that in or bake it onto the texture. The end of the rifle where the clip is needs to be more convex instead of flat. Your triangle thingies aren't evenly spaced out and why did you bother chamfering the bottom of your box-grip? Speaking of which, deviate from that bit on Bungie's model. It looks like shit if all you are making is just the plain old model and nothing else. If you were putting this in game I could understand considering you can't even see that bit through the hand but I think it's safe to say that this won't be getting ingame any time soon. However, the model is overall decentish and better then a lot of the shit out there, so kudos for you. Once again, complete more of the model before you show us it.

From now on don't flip out at people for criticizing your models because all that does is make people want to pick on you more. It's the bully factor: if everyone is giving you hell then other people think it's safe to come out and pick on you because they are now a part of the crowd. I wasn't here to witness the earlier verbal attacks or whatever but to be honest you have made yourself quite a target for bullying here. Shit like this happens all the time out in the real world - Wonder why thugs and other similar types of slime always attack people in groups? Because not one of the slugs has the courage to attack you on their own. They need other people. If instead of letting it get to the point where Tweek points out your character flaws you had simply listened once or twice to people who know what they are talking about and are spending their free time trying to help you wouldn't have to deal with all this shit. Yes, you would still be criticized for your modeling skill but you wouldn't be criticized for who you are. To be honest, at the moment I think you have made yourself as big of a joke as that one .50AE dumbass that Rossmum flamed into oblivion forever ago. He certainly shared your habit of coming back after being banned and also never listened to anything anyone said. He only gave up after being IP banned though.

You can still improve. Look at Jay for example - I remember the first model he showed us was stolen and IIRC the others looked bad or were just as questionable as to whether he had made them or not. However, Jay has shown the community that he is capable of modeling and of being trusted and while he isn't the best modeler out there he is a very respectable one. Hell, I've even forgiven him for his little model theft thing and almost forgot about it completely. That is rare coming from someone like me.

Myself, I used to be a totally shitty modeler who couldn't model his way out of a box. When I posted the first model I ever put on display on the Gearbox Software Forums I was told that I had wasted $3,500 making a shitty box with a white texture on it that was supposed to look like a Mac Mini. Did I cry myself to sleep because of this? Did I run away and plug my ears up and ignore the problem? Hell no! I continued practicing and when that didn't work I kindly asked someone who knew what they were doing for some help. If you ask nicely enough and are respectful anyone will be willing to help you. Demanding help like TerrorNoMore over here (http://www.game-artist.net/forums/tutorials/4815-request-metal-tutorial.html)doesn't work becuase nobody wants to help an asshole (if you notice, they threw Terror the standard material texture instead of something more specific).

I'm out, I just pissed away an hour and a half of my time that could have gone towards Math and English homework xD. Fucking Teachers Flame me and shit grrr!

Ki11a_FTW
March 27th, 2008, 11:38 PM
If that is directed at me...well....FUCK YOU WITH A RAKE >=U.
xD that was my first gun model ever, there wasn't any smoothing applied to it and there were a shit load of errors on it :3

i hope its pointy

E: AHA quotes reveal ninja text!