PDA

View Full Version : Animations

HDoan
March 25th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I've been animating for awhile now and I've think I got the hang of if (Need a lot more practicing though), I just finished a reload animation for a battle rifle so I was wondering if you could critic it.
rkkg4DntcTs
And a link encase the embed didn't work.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=rkkg4DntcTs

teh lag
March 25th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I've been animating for awhile now and I've think I got the hang of if (Need a lot more practicing though), I just finished a reload animation for a battle rifle so I was wondering if you could critic it.
rkkg4DntcTs
And a link encase the embed didn't work.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=rkkg4DntcTs

You're embedding it wrong. Only put the video code between the [youtube]tags.

Also, it's not very defined - your movement is all over the place and lacks uniformity - it needs a sense of being "natural." You're also missing a bunch of "reaction" animation. The gun is totally unaffected by the mag coming out, going in, or the bolt being pushed. There needs to be some better blending of motion as well - I can't define it very well, but you don't "flow" from one motion to another very well.

ICEE
March 25th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I think that your arm doesn't have enough reaction. Remember, its not just the gun thats moving, the arm has to move for the gun to. Use the move tool, not just rotate

Hunter
March 25th, 2008, 05:59 PM
It looks pretty good.

SnaFuBAR
March 25th, 2008, 06:37 PM
It looks pretty good.
no it doesn't. to be honest, it looks like everything basically moves to and holds a position while other things are happening. it should all happen at once. the BR shouldn't stay roboticaly still while the arm stiffly moves to put the magazine in it. needs some wobble as well. too stiff, too robotic, keep practicing, though.

ICEE
March 25th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Another thing I noticed, the hand goes through the gun several times. Most notably when it is returning to the origin position. Also, try posting more than just the reload.

paintballakid5
March 26th, 2008, 04:58 PM
yeah... umm.. if your trying to make the animations look like Halo 3 your kinda off.:rolleyes:

they would look awesome if you were trying to make it look like C-3po from Star wars was trying to reload a Battle rifle. but it still needs some more work..

GJ keep it up.:)

Ki11a_FTW
March 26th, 2008, 07:07 PM
it looks VERY robotic and unrealistic to me.

FRain
March 26th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Looks very unrealistic. Remember, this is a Spartan, so add some OOMPH to it, add reactions. Go get a BB gun and do a reload animation, and then try to copy that.