PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] Seclusion

il Duce Primo
March 29th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Well here it is. The map is almost done. Before we release I would like to get a video out showing how the map plays. Well I will let you decide after you watch the video.
Youtube Link
A5mKSKmWl9U
Download Video
http://files.filefront.com/Seclusion+GPT1wmv/;9916002;/fileinfo.html (http://files.filefront.com/Seclusion+GPT1wmv/;9916002;/fileinfo.html)

I must thank everyone who has helped or contributed in any way. ThankYou! It has been fun working on this map and I'm sure everyone has loved it too. For the people who have not played it yet, hold on tight and it will be here. I'm not telling when it will be released so don't ask.

Sub-Zero
March 29th, 2008, 08:14 PM
sweet cant wait tell its released.

Ki11a_FTW
March 29th, 2008, 08:48 PM
D: everyone i know was in there except me, :fail:, map looks really cool , though

Limited
March 29th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Nice decent map release very soon I hope :P Interesting music as well, who is it by (if you know)

I miss the old Halo MP days, wish I could still play grrr.

LlamaMaster
March 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
D: everyone i know was in there except me, :fail:, map looks really cool , though
Thats what you get for not spending your life online. :eng101:

jngrow
March 29th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Wow, looks really cool actually.

ICEE
March 29th, 2008, 09:45 PM
This looks really great duce. good to see there are still good mappers out there

Geo
March 29th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I like mah fp sticks. :D

Heathen
March 29th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I like this map....looks good primo...Dr. Fink approved. ;D

paladin
March 30th, 2008, 02:00 AM
I really like.

SuperSunny
March 30th, 2008, 04:00 AM
I think this is incredible! Good work!

Teh Ganon
March 30th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Map is really fun!

http://files.filefront.com/wowwmv/;9917119;/fileinfo.html

/random rape

PlasbianX
March 30th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Wow this looks really good, I think ill actually load up CE to play this :D

Sel
March 30th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Still needs dano for the bump maps and shits, but otherwise this is amazing, and it was a lot of fun playing.

Still though, you should consider using some of sunnys effects to improve the looks a bit, you can afford to jam some more demmanding stuff in.

But great work so far, Id rep you if I hadnt given out too much :\

I hope you can find something pretty to do with the base lights, because right now theyre not that pretty D:

Zeph
March 30th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Nice decent map release very soon I hope :P Interesting music as well, who is it by (if you know)

music sounds like Mothergoat's Repeater.

Geo
March 30th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Its actually Anthem 117.

Con
March 30th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Wow, this looks really fun! Nice work. +repz

DaneO'Roo
March 30th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Ill Duce you really should include credits,...

Oh and there are bump maps there, but remember this is halo 1 and not halo 2, it doesn't have fully dynamic lighting (unless you want ultra mega lag). Also I still have to tweak the textures. Basically it's me holding the map back :X Dw, lights said I only need to darken some of the textures.

Sel
March 30th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Ill Duce you really should include credits...

Oh and there are bump maps there, but remember this is halo 1 and not halo 2, it doesn't have fully dynamic lighting (unless you want ultra mega lag). Also I still have to tweak the textures. Basically it's me holding the map back :X Dw, lights said I only need to darken some of the textures.

I did dynamic lights in sympathy, and they seemed to work fine, Im sure they could be tried here. But it really needs cubemaps D:

DaneO'Roo
March 30th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Well, lightning told me hes not going to bother doing final shaders until I fix the levels of the textures.

Oh, just though I'd mention, Mass and Il Duce did an awesome job modelling a great layout and Lightning is just all round sexy for offering his time to help get the map ingame and looking good.

A slight plug though, all the textures in the map, apart from obvious minor detail maps and cubemaps, are all custom made by yours truly. But really, this is the first released CE map that is fully textured by myself, so I'm kinda really proud of it :)

beele
March 30th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Very nice map. Looks like a lot of fun :)

m13120
March 30th, 2008, 02:56 PM

You can get the mp3 here

http://www.mothergoat.net/hail117anthem.mp3

thehoodedsmack
March 30th, 2008, 03:21 PM
It looks a little too open to me. I'm sure that problem would be fixed with more people playing, though. Good work.

SgtBotley
March 30th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Looks very small...but fun none the less :D

Mass
March 30th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I am really happy with how this turned out.

First of all, even though the structures are fairly basic, they really come together well in the map. I have to say, Dane did a texturing job without equal and that more than anything else made the map.
I still remember when duce gave me the blank terrain canvas for the map. He did all the structure integration and has done an excellent job managing the project.

One of the things that I think is the best about this map and that I'd like to point out is how well weapon diversity works out. I mean, I don't think it's all the video, the map style really strays from piztal raep. That's something in itself.

Also, I'll be open about the fact I'm a whore and want some rep for this. :/

DaneO'Roo
March 30th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Lul , I'll make sure when I get home today Ill fix all the textures so release can happen soon :)

Ki11a_FTW
March 30th, 2008, 07:40 PM
mother goat is my hero

Jay2645
March 30th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I wish I could have spent more time in the beta for this, but my internet sucks on non-dedi servers.

Chainsy
March 30th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I think it looks great, how large is the map exactly? seems symetrical, just with different lighting... Its got my download, i just hope it doesnt get repetitive. < (god i hate spelling that word)

Sel
March 31st, 2008, 06:48 AM
I think it looks great, how large is the map exactly? seems symetrical, just with different lighting... Its got my download, i just hope it doesnt get repetitive. < (god i hate spelling that word)

Its pretty small, but the top part is really big if you use DEV to get up there, its quite fun driving a hog around like a complete tard.

Teh Ganon
March 31st, 2008, 05:20 PM
I wish I could have spent more time in the beta for this, but my internet sucks on non-dedi servers.

ports

Ralex123
March 31st, 2008, 06:21 PM
Nice. I'd like to see about 16 people go at it on this map.....

Jay2645
March 31st, 2008, 07:03 PM
ports
I would have fiddled around with ports (We were testing it on HPC, not HCE), but it was late, and I had a girlfriend who wanted my attention (No, not THAT kind of attention, we were both still virgins at the time of the beta. Can't say the same now, though. :XD:)