PDA

View Full Version : ATI All-In-Wonder with 360?

Con
March 30th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I was just tinkering around out of boredom and thought about using my old computer (now mom's computer) with my 360. Her computer has our old All-In-Wonder 9800 PRO card which has S-Video input. I took my xbox and plugged the RCA cords into my RCA to S-Video converter, then plugged that into the graphics card. Using the ATI TV shit, I can switch to the S-Video input but there is only audio. Any words of advice? I know the video and audio aren't in real time on the PC, I plan on using a splitter or something.

Sel
March 30th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Audio doesnt go through S video, and maybe the audio isnt played through the co-ax?

You could plug some speakers into the 360 with the appropriate adapter.

But the card is fine for this, since the 360 does all the graphics processing.

Just ensure the audio is travelling to the PC, or the speakers.

Zeph
March 30th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Word of advice? Use the oldest version of the AIW recording software you can. Once ATI introduced Video-On-Demand for the AIW series, they introduced a significant video lag from the time of the input to the time of the output. It's typically around 1.5 seconds.

Con
March 30th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Audio doesnt go through S video, and maybe the audio isnt played through the co-ax?

I just said that all I get is audio, so obviously yes it does.

Word of advice? Use the oldest version of the AIW recording software you can. Once ATI introduced Video-On-Demand for the AIW series, they introduced a significant video lag from the time of the input to the time of the output. It's typically around 1.5 seconds.
I don't really care about the lag, I was just hoping maybe that I could record the input while I play on a different input on the actual screen/tv. The problem is that I'm only getting audio. The little AIW TV window is black.

Mr Buckshot
March 30th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I think the Xbox 360 has a problem with S-video. I tried it on my multimedia laptop which supposedly supports video-in. A VGA adapter is a better way to display it on your PC monitor.

Sel
March 30th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Hahahah, I read that wrong D:

Dunno about the video, I never got that ATI TV USB thing working for me :\

Con
March 30th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Apparently I had an old USB TV thingy lying around which I can use to play/record the game on my PC. Sucks that my xbox only puts out 640x480 (hardly even looks like that). I have an old used xbox, I don't think it can do HD. The little HDTV/TV switch on my 360 video cable just displays blackness when it switch to HDTV, and increasing the resolution in the dashboard makes it black too.

Zeph
April 6th, 2008, 01:45 AM
I don't really care about the lag, I was just hoping maybe that I could record the input while I play on a different input on the actual screen/tv. The problem is that I'm only getting audio. The little AIW TV window is black.

Select the right source?

InnerGoat
April 6th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I just said that all I get is audio, so obviously yes it does.

Aggy is that you?

Also, you're doing it wrong.