PDA

View Full Version : W.I.P Halo 3 Battle Rifle

Hunter
April 14th, 2008, 03:28 AM
I feel that it is in a showing condition, so that I can get some tips on what to change.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/BattleRifleWIP.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/BattleRifleWireframeWIP.jpg

I have got more parts to make still, like the bolt. And the sight needs alot of work.

I will probobly use the handle of the sniper rifle. Because the battle rifle handle is horrible.

What do you think so far?

P.S. I posted it here as well because no one is replying to the thread in The Studio, and I need to know if it is any good.

Oh and the poly count so far:

Halo 3 Battle Rifle;
Polygons - 2, 353
Vertexes - 3,067

Roth
April 14th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I hate those /\/\/\/\/\ on the sides but it looks neat though.

And isn't the scope kinda bigger? I haven't played h3 so...

Hunter
April 14th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I think it is. I need to work on that. And yay. A post lol.

Masterz1337
April 14th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Scope needs alot of work, as oes the bottom of the handle area. The butt is weird, and teh display screen is more boxy in h3.

Hunter
April 14th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Ok. Thanks Masterz. I will work on that.

I will probably do scope last.

PenGuin1362
April 14th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I don't like the area around the display, the scope, and the grip. Fix those. Grip needs to have a more rounded appearance, and I don't just mean smoothing.

Hunter
April 14th, 2008, 01:58 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/BattleRifleWIP2.jpg

Phopojijo
April 14th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Various places I see little issues with vertex placement. Nothing really too noticeable in realistic applications of the gun though... not really even sure if they're worth the time fixing.

Other than that -- pretty damn good.

Hunter
April 14th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Good. Thanks. I just need to redo that sight now.

Patrickssj6
April 14th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I think I just gave you that green bar and only because I like that model. :awesome:

Hunter
April 14th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Lol. Thanks. IM GREEN!! YAY! Lol.

I_Am_Error117
April 14th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Uhh looks pretty good.

Some things could use a little work. Anyone else think the scope is off?

Hunter
April 14th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Scope is waaaay of. Ive got to remake it.

paintballakid5
April 16th, 2008, 03:36 PM
looks nice... good job Hunter..

Hunter
April 16th, 2008, 04:32 PM
http://hdkriq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pLNCJWSOXrVGq1N2tX4wflg4i0Ji24422x6_WJeAduW13igg wsYDH4rOld1ygM3u_peXmq80JRwVTucRZvcELTw/BR_6.jpeg
http://hdkriq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pLNCJWSOXrVHvSbVzBRPDVkknvF_k8cfgCocCjxDhE5Z7iZ0 FEVkZeo6c-00dlQs3avTMM24zfXbP_VEjXXmQbg/BR_5.jpeg

TeeKup
April 16th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Theres just something about that grip that makes me want to kill a kitten. It looks deformed.

kid908
April 16th, 2008, 10:37 PM
gun looks good. grip looks like shit...

Hunter
April 17th, 2008, 05:32 AM
I used the grip of my Sniper Rifle. But i had to make it thinner. I don't like it either.

So im going to remake it so it is like the actual Battle Rifle grip. But... Make it smoother. Because Bungies Battle Rifle grip is just and extruded block... Mainly because they use bumpmaps, and you don't notice the grip much....

I still don't like the sight. Does it look any good to you?

DaneO'Roo
April 17th, 2008, 05:47 AM
The grip needs to be fucking round, just cut more subdivisions in it and make it round.

teh lag
April 17th, 2008, 05:55 AM
The grip needs to be fucking round, just cut more subdivisions in it and make it round.

^

Also, the ammo counter area doesn't look like it's correct relative to the scope, and the end of the gun doesn't seem right either.

Heathen
April 17th, 2008, 09:09 AM
The grip does look bad. It sort of seems like a rock.

SnaFuBAR
April 17th, 2008, 04:20 PM
all the proportions look flat out wrong.

Disaster
April 17th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Nothing, except for maybe the stock, looks good. The stock still has some problems with proportions like Snaf said however.

Btw, are you not capable of smoothing the guns forward hand grip?

Hunter
April 19th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Update:
http://hdkriq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pLNCJWSOXrVHTYZixzW-96nghVGw4KXNQRBk9Y-Zgv3aHQcqRBZoxW3ydmKYlvF1fg93K2_r9JnbGk0Jdo8y4hw/BR_8.jpeg

I have noticed some errors on the render. And there are some parts I need to add and edit.

Also, I got it IN-GAME!

Shot tag won't work: Click here (http://hdkriq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pLNCJWSOXrVGr65Z2RAwA-IhB-cAVfKBiMDDIhHOaQ8YMeCJg2cVL741eczOAFsOFQJsCVkKiz-KwcYOfiZEhIA/926632_20071204_screen023_mybr.jpg)

Only kidding, I just made a first person view of it.

And I made a custom grip.

Disaster
April 19th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Make the scope have the curved eye piece like in h3 and make it slightly bigger.

Hunter
April 19th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Ok. I will make it bigger. The eye piece is actually curved, but you can't see in the render:
http://hdkriq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pLNCJWSOXrVEFL_cgrM5Rh5h-z5VDvagHKtk0VohpsgPnnb-N-9Q06XDEMsBnd7OnHKw6qTXktrPNVzf7wF9JGw/Sight_Curve.jpeg

teh lag
April 19th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Front grip still looks nasty, scope still looks too small. The latter is even CLEARLY obvious in the fp view you posted - why didn't you fix it? The butt of the gun is also still not looking right.

Hunter
April 19th, 2008, 10:07 AM
latter?

Disaster
April 19th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Meh, I still dont like the eye piece. It needs to be more smooth and rounded. Not a jagged inward curve. Also please smooth the unsmoothed parts on the grips and trigger area.

teh lag
April 19th, 2008, 10:26 AM
latter?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3Alatter

the second of two or the second mentioned of two; "Tom and Dick were both heroes but only the latter is remembered today"

latter(a): referring to the second of two things or persons mentioned (or the last one or ones of several); "in the latter case"

second of two mentioned, as in: I saw Barbara and Betty this morning, and the latter said to give you her best wishes.
:downs:

SgtBotley
April 19th, 2008, 10:30 AM
yeh, where that eye piece looks fubar'd (where it starts to curve), mb just insert a line in there and adjust the vertices to accomodate the curvature start.

lol i think it looks awsome atm, but does seem and awful lot of detail for Halo 1... mb think more for gameplay then brownie points?

TeeKup
April 19th, 2008, 12:43 PM
That grip still makes me want to kill a kitten, please fix it.

Hunter
May 8th, 2008, 11:51 AM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/BR_10.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/BR_11.jpg

teh lag
May 8th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Why have you still not changed the fact that the front grip is nothing more than a series of bevels? We've told you enough now, there's no excuse not to have fixed it.

SgtBotley
May 8th, 2008, 02:53 PM
yeh i hate the front grip... the rest is nice i guess.

TeeKup
May 8th, 2008, 05:26 PM
If you don't fix that grip I WILL kill a kitten.

Donut
May 8th, 2008, 05:45 PM
it might just be the perspective but it seems like the triangle parts are in too far

ICEE
May 8th, 2008, 06:02 PM
The slide section seems a little to long

Hunter
May 9th, 2008, 03:03 AM
Stupid grip!!

Lol. I don't know how to do this grip. Is there a good tutorial some where?
Or could someone explain to me on how to make it/a grip?

I still need to double check the scaling. Does the sight seem better now?

Please DONT kill the kitten, it will be fixed. Please almighty T33KUP! PLEASE!!
Spare its LIFE!!
http://www.mockingbirdcats.com/images/kitten_begging.gif

Advancebo
May 9th, 2008, 04:01 PM
wtf, this was on halomaps.org, as seen on this topic http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=16803&start=1 and

Pooky
May 9th, 2008, 04:04 PM
:gonk:

E: those guys on there are talking about WMclan so

Hunter
May 9th, 2008, 04:25 PM
wtf, this was on halomaps.org, as seen on this topic http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=16803&start=1 and

Your point being?

I post at more than one forum.

Different people go on different forums. The more forums I go on.

The more tips I can get.

Advancebo
May 9th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Your point being?

I post at more than one forum.

Different people go on different forums. The more forums I go on.

The more tips I can get.

just curious

Hunter
May 9th, 2008, 05:10 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/newBattleRifle.jpg

Roostervier
May 9th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Honestly, I can't tell why you're still putting off the repair of the foregrip. Just do it already. D:

teh lag
May 9th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Honestly, I can't tell why you're still putting off the repair of the foregrip. Just do it already. D:

THIS

For god's sake, why are you completely disregaring our advice? We've been saying from the start that you need to work on it. Really, it's like a slap in the face of those of us trying to help you when you keep posting pics without any acknowledgement of our advice.

Pooky
May 9th, 2008, 08:24 PM

Well, if this is supposed to be a view model it doesn't really look all that bad in first person ... and LODs will probably keep it from being a big concern in 3p

Donut
May 9th, 2008, 09:43 PM
if he makes lods

Hunter
May 10th, 2008, 05:47 AM
I will fix grip when everything else is fixed.

SnaFuBAR
May 10th, 2008, 09:14 AM
right.

TeeKup
May 10th, 2008, 10:36 AM
I will fix grip when everything else is fixed.

Well from my perspective everything else seems just fine. You're putting off the grip because you don't want to have to go through the trouble of possibly reshaping that area. Stop being lazy and do it cause the grip is ruining that rifle.

Hunter
May 10th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Lol. Ok.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/100508.jpg
Latest picture ^

Grip is next ;)

teh lag
May 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Lol. Ok.
Latest picture ^

Grip is next ;)

I can't even tell what you fixed there. Please stop posting so many updates with so few changes.

paintballakid5
May 10th, 2008, 02:06 PM
it looks ok... you really need to fix that Grip though.. just stop putting it off and fix it.. then people might actualy apreciate the model;)

it kinda like this: a great compuer with a sucky Gfx car = a Great BR with a sucky grip ;) lol...:p

Sel
May 10th, 2008, 02:08 PM
This actually looks pretty nice.

Good work.

Roth
May 10th, 2008, 03:25 PM
The scope looks nice, I like the blue colour :D

TeeKup
May 10th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Thats a screen shot you tard.

Patrickssj6
May 10th, 2008, 03:55 PM
This actually looks pretty nice.

Good work.
This.

I can't believe people are so retarded still criticizing him like they could do any better.

paintballakid5
May 10th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Thats a screen shot you tard.

lol:lol:

t3h m00kz
May 10th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Honestly

I would not be complaining if I were to play with that BR in a custom map. I think it looks great so far.

BobtheGreatII
May 10th, 2008, 08:57 PM
The scope looks nice, I like the blue colour :D

Lol. Fail. :lol:

It doesn't look too bad, if you ignore all the obvious errors and everything else people are pointing out. Grip just bugs the crap out of me because of all the face errors I see and the way it looks compared to the real thing. I don't really think it would take long to fix, just get to it.

Heathen
May 11th, 2008, 12:58 AM
It doesn't look too bad, if you ignore all the obvious errors...

As does everything?

I personally think it looks fine. Refine it a bit and you have yourself a jewel there.

jngrow
May 11th, 2008, 03:31 AM
This.

I can't believe people are so retarded still criticizing him like they could do any better.

Same. And why do people care so much about the grip? It's just a box in H3, and it's not like you will ever see it anyways.

MNC
May 11th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Very nice, but as said scope is a bit too small.

Also, dont people get tired of modeling battle rifles?

Hunter
May 11th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Im modeling all the Halo 3 weapons for High Ground which me and HaloGuru are making.

Once Ive done all Halo 3 weapons I will probably do other stuff.

Heathen
May 11th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I have seen so many BR's

Why not make a few good H3 perm bipeds.......not that anyone likes making bipeds here.

Hunter
May 11th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I'm not that good of a modeler. Otherwise I would. But I can't.

Geo
May 11th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Honestly

I would not be complaining if I were to play with that BR in a custom map. I think it looks great so far.

This.

If I saw this in a map I wouldn't even notice the grip. Good job.

paintballakid5
May 12th, 2008, 12:36 PM
the grip looks ok, just add some smoothing and it'll be as sweet as candy ;)

NuggetWarmer
May 12th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I have seen so many BR's

Why not make a few good H3 perm bipeds.......not that anyone likes making bipeds here.

Pffftt... The perms are easy.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/foxymccloud/SecurityFinal.jpg
Ignore the neck, that's my size dummy's neck.

Also, why would you need a full biped for perms? You can just change out the permutations on a the biped model, then it randomly changes out the armor.

LOLTHREADJACK

Choking Victim
May 12th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Keyword: good

NuggetWarmer, your model looks sloppy and inaccurate. However im not a modeler, just my opinion.

paintballakid5
May 12th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Keyword: good

NuggetWarmer, your model looks sloppy and inaccurate. However im not a modeler, just my opinion.

his model is quite neat and well modeled if you can't model don't give Crit.

Darkness
May 12th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Surprising that you're saying that.

Tweek
May 13th, 2008, 01:22 AM

by that reasoning, you shouldnt even be alive.
please kill yourself now sir.

TeeKup
May 13th, 2008, 08:03 AM

LOL IRONY.

paintballakid5
May 13th, 2008, 09:22 AM
by that reasoning, you shouldnt even be alive.
please kill yourself now sir.

true...;) but i've acted stupid in the past and childish and now i'm going to try to redeem myself.;)

anyway back on subject..:)

Con
May 13th, 2008, 10:23 AM
The bottom of the screen should be curved, and the little scroll-wheel thing above the screen isn't the right size. It should also stick up a bit above the wheel.

t3h m00kz
May 14th, 2008, 02:05 AM
*image*

<3 Security.

I don't know why everyone's so focused on modeling weapons and shit, I hardly ever see anything like WIP bipeds anymore... just weapons. Mostly the Battle Rifle.

Don't we have enough BRs guys? Everyone and their mother has a BR model laying around somewhere.

t3h m00kz
May 14th, 2008, 02:06 AM
*image*

<3 Security.

I don't know why everyone's so focused on modeling weapons and shit, I hardly ever see anything like WIP bipeds anymore... just weapons. Mostly the Battle Rifle.

Don't we have enough BRs guys? Everyone and their mother has a BR model laying around somewhere.

It's MAJOR LEAGUE MODELING, OMG!

"MY BR IS BETTR URZ IS TERRIBL, OMG THESE KIDS HAV TERRIBLE BRS"

lol.

Hunter
May 14th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Im modeling all of the Halo 3 Weapons though. Most people just choose afew of them.

And alot of people do't have a good BR.

Pooky
May 14th, 2008, 06:50 AM
<3 Security.

It's MAJOR LEAGUE MODELING, OMG!

"MY BR IS BETTR URZ IS TERRIBL, OMG THESE KIDS HAV TERRIBLE BRS"

lol.

Don't forget spikers.

n00b1n8R
May 14th, 2008, 07:01 AM
And Ar's

paintballakid5
May 14th, 2008, 10:54 AM
someone say Spikers?;) the tip of the blades are a little messed up..everytime i fix them i forget to save:p
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264/paintballakid5/spikerz.jpg

and as for AR's ;)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264/paintballakid5/AR-1.jpg

Hunter
May 14th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Why not make your own thread?

NuggetWarmer
May 14th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Paintballa, those are :(. I was only using my model as an example.

paintballakid5
May 14th, 2008, 05:39 PM
lol sorry not trying to thread jack ;)

Heathen
May 14th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I'd post mine if I had any abilities......I fail.

But I, since I have an untrained eye, only look for what would look good ingame...not for whats accurate, or realistic. And so far I think it all looks great.

Tweek
May 15th, 2008, 03:31 AM
i don't post mine, because i'm actually * GASP * original, and dont recreate shit.

whats the point in making stuff THATS ALREADY MADE.
it's just fucking copying shit.

do something fucking original.

Hunter
May 15th, 2008, 05:42 AM
I can make what ever "I" like. If I want to make a spiker then I WILL make a spiker.

If you don't like it then don't read the thread.

I'm making all the Halo 3 Weapons, I am doing this because I am trying to make a Halo 3 Map with some friends.

Grr!! Pisses me of when people say this kind of shite when I'm doing it for a purpose.

You do what you do, and I do what I do. These forums where pretty good before you came back.

I aint starting to argue with you again. End of. Finnished. Fuk of. Done. bon au revoir.

If you comment on this when you constantly flame me then I will just put you on my ignore list. Simple as.

Tweek
May 15th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I can say what ever "I" like. If I want to say make something original, then I WILL say make something original

If you don't like it then don't read the post.

I'm making original stuff, I am doing this because I am trying not to be a human copymachine, and actually be creative with some friends.

Grr!! Pisses me of when people say this kind of shite when I'm doing it for a purpose.

You do what you do, and I do what I do. These forums where pretty good before you came.

I aint starting to argue with you again. End of. Finnished. Fuk of. Done. bon au revoir.

If you comment on this when you constantly fail me then I will just put you on my ignore list. Simple as.

Hunter
May 15th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Lmao. How pathetic, you couldnt come up with your own post, You had to copy and paste mine. Well.

You will see that I am not being a human copymachine as once I have finnished these weapons I will be modeling custom stuff. Or making other weapons, (real life weapons).

If you want to say what you like, then do not post in MY thread. Make your own. You are now in my ignore list.

SgtBotley
May 15th, 2008, 01:12 PM
www.infraction.com

p0lar_bear
May 15th, 2008, 01:12 PM
...I will just put you on my ignore list....

...I will just put you on my ignore list...

Then fucking do it already, christ.

SgtBotley
May 15th, 2008, 01:17 PM
wow... i was using a popular expression amongst the youth of today to express that this thread was heading to an infraction fest... and i recieve one in the process.

what the actual fuck... this forum is worse than secondary school its so anal.., in more ways than one.

im fuckin sick of this shit hole, hope half you cunts get a life one day.

SnaFuBAR
May 15th, 2008, 01:24 PM
then piss off. hunter, your rifle needs serious work on the front half after having seen peng's.

E: how long have you worked on just this one gun? are you seriously thinking that you're going to keep up with all this halo 3 content if it takes you so long to half finish one rifle?

=sw=warlord
May 15th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I do love the civil tongue being used in the arguments here:eyesroll:
Though i do like the model so far albiet a few thing wrong with it but im sure you'l get around to fixing the problems.

Hunter
May 15th, 2008, 01:44 PM
then piss off. hunter, your rifle needs serious work on the front half after having seen peng's.

E: how long have you worked on just this one gun? are you seriously thinking that you're going to keep up with all this halo 3 content if it takes you so long to half finish one rifle?

How fucking long have I been modeling?

How long has he been modeling?

What the fuck do you expect, I do have a life as well as modeling. I do other things on the computer. I do not model 24/7. I will take as long as I want.

SnaFuBAR
May 15th, 2008, 01:46 PM
chill out, kid. it was a serious question. i think you might lose interest.

Patrickssj6
May 15th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Snaf was nice for once and then WMHunter falsely interpreted it xDDD

This is epic.

SnaFuBAR
May 15th, 2008, 01:49 PM
yeah, holy crap. i lol'd

Hunter
May 15th, 2008, 01:49 PM

Wasn't the question that annoyed me.

I understand your question, I'm now doing my GCSE Exams so I need to revise... So I aint going to have that much time, once I manage to get a laptop I can spend a long time on them and get them done.

Edit: Ohh Shit. Sorry Snaf. I thought you told me to piss off. Then I re read the posts.
Sorry. :(

I also over reacted because I thought everyone was turning against me again because Tweek is back.

paintballakid5
May 17th, 2008, 05:21 PM
How fucking long have I been modeling?

How long has he been modeling?

What the fuck do you expect, I do have a life as well as modeling. I do other things on the computer. I do not model 24/7. I will take as long as I want.

Well if you have other things to do then don't get all mad because Snaf told you more model needs more work.. just work on it and don't get pissed off about it... believe me i made that mistake of getting pissed cuz someone told me my Models suck ;) now i just accept it and work harder on my models...

TeeKup
May 17th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Well if you have other things to do then don't get all mad because Snaf told you more model needs more work.. just work on it and don't get pissed off about it... believe me i made that mistake of getting pissed cuz someone told me my Models suck ;) now i just accept it and work harder on my models...

Look whose talking. :rolleyes:

Bastinka
May 18th, 2008, 01:06 AM
:hypocrite:

Also, the models eh. It looks like you used boolean. The triangles on the side are not evenly spaced, the thing you put your left hand on to hold it looks weird, and there are some proportion errors. Also I never really liked the trigger handle for this gun.

BR is overrated anyway. Looks alright though, keep it up.

Heathen
May 18th, 2008, 11:50 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm61/HeathenHero/duty_calls.png

The BR looks fabulous IMO.......and take your quarrels elsewhere...