PDA

View Full Version : 3dsmax 10 exporter

SgtBotley
April 20th, 2008, 06:01 AM
hey,

im currently using The Bluestreak exporter as its the only one i know compatible but i was wondering whether there was a new blitskrieg or another exporter for 3dsmax 10 as i find i cannot export shader data tags (%$£"!*-.) whenever i try and export breakabe glass, it then does not pick up my models geometry...

ive checked globals for material type effects, they're all good, the colllision geom tag is fine in my scenery model...

im gonna attempt to create my scenery model from scratch and see if i come across the same problems, i just posted this to see if anyone else had suffered the same inconveniences.

thanks for reading.

edit:Shader Symbols
"The following table shows the list of special material or shader symbols used to assign certain attributes or behaviors to a particular surface in the level. These shader symbols are hard-coded in the tools and game to be recognized as applying their associated attribute when added to the end of a material name.
These shader symbols should NOT be used or added to the name of a material unless it is for the specific function for which it is designed. These symbols should not appear anywhere in the normal name for a material nor should these special symbols appear in the name of a data tag (.bitmap, .shader_environment, etc...).
The shader symbols are taken into account during the compilation of the .jms and affect the surfaces at this time.
For example, if a ladder is created using 2 polygons and has the material "ladder" (without the quotes) assigned to it. This ladder is able to be viewed from both sides. To make the ladder a true ladder with respect to the Halo engine AND to make it able to be viewed or rendered from both sides the "%" would be added as well as the "^". The resulting material name viewed in 3ds Max for the Sub-Material under the Multi/Sub-Object would be "ladder%^" (without the quotes). The data tag name would still be ladder.shader_environment."

the text highlighted in bold is the reason i assumed it was the exporter

kid908
April 20th, 2008, 12:13 PM
what is 3dsm 10? i thought they stop with numbers after 9 and started using years.(ie. 3dsm 2008)

you're best luck if finding 3ds max 7 or 8. i don't think there is any compatible with 9 and up except max scripts. bluestreak is what i use and it seems to export fine to me.

SgtBotley
April 20th, 2008, 02:12 PM
yeh, 2008/09 classify as version 10 i believe.

Balls, i guess im gonna have to get 7...

Matooba
April 20th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I here blitz 10 will not be made unless someone wants to decompile and recompile it for max 10's....:eyesroll:

MMFSdjw
April 20th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I here blitz 10 will not be made unless someone wants to decompile and recompile it for max 10's....:eyesroll:

Saddly that's true because autodesk apparently has severe anal rape fetish and like to screw as many people as possible as often as possible.