PDA

View Full Version : Character map changing

Sel
April 25th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Well, since I got this new laptop of mine, Ive had a small problem that occurs everyone once in a while, and is fixed by restarting and stuff.

However, I have that problem right now and I was logged in here, so why not post it.

Pretty much, my question mark has been replaced with É

And a load of other keys that have changed from their proper functions

`
^
¸¸
'

Now some of these are normal keys, and others are not, but theyre not the right ones, so any idea what might be able to fix this.

Im using Windows Vista Home Premium

OmegaDragon
April 25th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I think i know what is wrong, can't walk you through it throughly right now since I am in a computer that does not allow me to go into the control panel, but you will have to go into the there, go into keyboard settings and check the keyboard layout. Make sure it is set to US. I will make it more thorough later if needed.

Edit:
OK here is what you have to do:
Go to the start menu and select Control Panel.
if you have the CP Home, the setting is under Clock, language, and region settings. In classic view it is Regional and Language Options.
In CP home, select the option under Clock, language, and region settings to go directly to keyboard settings. In classic view open the Regional and Language options and go to the keyboard tab.
Once there press the "change keyboards..." button. This should open the Text services and Input language window. Check you default and set it to US, make sure that the US Keyboard is on the bottom box as well. Change the hotkey for keyboard change to Not assigned if you have more than two languages and don't want to accidentally switch