PDA

View Full Version : tag instance index #65535 (0xffffffff) is unused or changed

Masterz1337
May 2nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
So I woke up this morning, and decided to make a few quick edits to something in my tagset. When I go to use Sapien or Tool, debug.txt spits this at me.

05.02.08 11:47:56 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\memory\data.c,#495: tag instance index #65535 (0xffffffff) is unused or changed

I've tried removing the tags I changed, but it still keeps happening. Any ideas what's doing this, or if theres a way a program could be wrote to go through my tagset tag by tag and find the faulty tag?

supersniper
May 2nd, 2008, 05:55 PM
Did you check to see that you didn't accident overwrite or delete any old tags when you added the new brute tags. Because you did say that you gained more tag space when you added them which was pretty weird. I think that you might've deleted something unknowingly.

Masterz1337
May 2nd, 2008, 06:12 PM
It has nothing to do with that. I was editing projectiles and effects when this happened.

Disaster
May 2nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
Try replacing the tags. Or undoing what you did. If that doesn't fix it I'm clueless. Ill ponder this error for a while.

supersniper
May 2nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
You always seem to get the strange errors. I'm sure like usual it will fix its self anyways.

Masterz1337
May 3rd, 2008, 06:16 PM
Well looks liek I fixed, ended up having to re-rip every tag by class.

My best guess to what happened was that the hacked Tag editors have a small small small small chance of corrupting a tag when saving it. Last time this happened was to Lag 2 years ago, and his maps just became temporarily uncmpressed map files. I just got a different result from a bad tag.

=sw=warlord
May 6th, 2008, 05:23 AM
i tend to get that error when ive saved something in korns guerrilla and it somehow corrupts somthing in the scorpion tanks tags.