PDA

View Full Version : New way to stop aimbotters.

supersniper
May 5th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Well I was cleaning out my computer about 15 minutes ago and I found this program that said Aimbot.exe. At first I was like oh this must be the screen flipper BB made but then I realized it didn't have the Halo icon as the icon picture.
So I went into Halo PC and CE and tried it out. Basically what is does is once you click shift it starts spamming up the text box with this, "I'm Using An Aimbot! Ban Me!." Over and over. The longer the botter holds shift the more it spams it up.
Also if they try moving forward they start to jump up and down. I don't know who to give credit to because there is no credit or about thing in the application but I want to share it because I think it can really stop botters.

Video Here:http://files.filefront.com/Fake+Aimbot+Featuresavi/;10136703;/fileinfo.html
Yeah the quality sucks I know.
http://static4.filefront.com/ffv6/graphics/b_dl_now.gif (http://dodownload.filefront.com/10140481//fc099802f77cfc3eeb25b2198b70c43375976f67a842fe724a 45af5272e5d1d5b356f889de2f3f6a)

Bad Waffle
May 5th, 2008, 01:57 AM
That would be bitterbanana. It was a download off his site. This isn't a new way. It's been around as a joke since 2005.

n00b1n8R
May 5th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Not everyone was around back in 05. :downs:

supersniper
May 5th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Wave you are wrong. The joke one from BB is the one that flips your screen. The one that I am talking about makes you spam ban me over and over. I posted the video in the first post. If you notice they are not the same.
9HEdDBR-BA4

Sel
May 5th, 2008, 07:15 AM
We just need to start scripting kirbys anti Aimbot shit into maps :/

Patrickssj6
May 5th, 2008, 07:59 AM
or rewrite the engine :v:

TeeKup
May 5th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I got an idea.

Don't even breath the word aimbotter so people aren't tempted.

Pooky
May 5th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Or just shut the fuck up about it because who gives a shit. Honestly, if aimbotters bother you that much, go play in the HIV server or something. They're not even that hard to take down, most of the stupid kids don't know how to use it properly anyway.

FlyingStone
May 5th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Or just shut the fuck up about it because who gives a shit. Honestly, if aimbotters bother you that much, go play in the HIV server or something. They're not even that hard to take down, most of the stupid kids don't know how to use it properly anyway.

PenGuin1362
May 5th, 2008, 10:59 AM
News flash. No one cares.

supersniper
May 5th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Wow I am sure someone cares. Anyways the download link is up. If anyone wants it to distribute it to catch botters then go ahead.

Heathen
May 5th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I have tried to use the Aimbots before and I was more annoyed than anything. I lost bad. Its horrible. (I knew how to use it btw)

People that use them wont use them for long if they value the game....either they will get bored of having to use no effort to kill everyone on a non-ranked game, or they will be murdered.

Roth
May 6th, 2008, 11:52 AM
They bot in slayer to get good ranking on gametracker lol :D

TVTyrant
May 6th, 2008, 12:05 PM
The only custom map where bots are that annoying is Snow Grove anyways, because the CMT pistol is extremely over powered in that map. They use it as a whore weapon. But there are only a handful of botters out there anyways. And the only server that gets them is 24/7 Ban Free.

Lateksi
May 6th, 2008, 12:32 PM
And the only server that gets them is 24/7 Ban Free.
Indeed.

supersniper
May 6th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Well Ban Free gives it away sort of...

OmegaDragon
May 6th, 2008, 04:39 PM
How is this supposed to stop current aimbotters?:raise:

supersniper
May 6th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Distribute it around saying it is an update to bitterbanana's aimbot. Because that is what is says when you first open it.

Pooky
May 6th, 2008, 08:12 PM
The only custom map where bots are that annoying is Snow Grove anyways, because the CMT pistol is extremely over powered in that map. They use it as a whore weapon. But there are only a handful of botters out there anyways. And the only server that gets them is 24/7 Ban Free.

What are you talking about... the only difference is that the bullets dont spread when you hold down the trigger.

Lateksi
May 7th, 2008, 11:03 AM
What are you talking about... the only difference is that the bullets dont spread when you hold down the trigger.

Maybe he is talking about the whole weapon set in the map? I find pistoling there much easier than shooting Battlerifle or MA5K.

TVTyrant
May 7th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Maybe he is talking about the whole weapon set in the map? I find pistoling there much easier than shooting Battlerifle or MA5K.

Well, the thing about the pistol in that map is that it takes four rounds to the head to kill. Thats not exactly overpowered, but when you add just how accurate it is, and then throw an aimbot in there, it can deliver a whole world of hurt on those of us who do not bot.

Jelly
May 7th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Distribute it around saying it is an update to bitterbanana's aimbot. Because that is what is says when you first open it.
Nobody will fall for it.

Syuusuke
May 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM
They can just keep playing on another server with the working aimbot when they find out this one is a dud.

supersniper
May 7th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Well at least the will be banned on one server. Then people can make a list of which people bot. Simple??

SnaFuBAR
May 7th, 2008, 07:43 PM
such a list already exists and is nothing new. this thread is totally pointless.

Sel
May 7th, 2008, 07:47 PM
http://www.hivclan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=574

TVTyrant
May 8th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Well, it really isn't that big of a deal if someone bots. If your good at playing, you'll take them out anyways.

Lateksi
May 15th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Man I was seriously almost ROFL when I saw a guy spam all that couple days ago on some Blood Gulch server! I didn't think someone would actually fall into this trap but hell, that was so funny.

t3h m00kz
May 16th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Well, the thing about the pistol in that map is that it takes three rounds to the head to kill.

ftfy.

The pistol IS overpowered. A side arm should NOT be the primary weapon. With those high-explosive semi-armor piercing rounds, it should have slow-moving, inaccurate, non-headshotting rounds. Something similar to plasma. Heavy shield damage, not so much against the armor.

The Pistol does 25 damage to a 75 HP shield according to the projectile damage tags, has a 12 round clip (That's four potential kills), a split-second reload time, and is damn near dead-accurate. That's three headshots with a reasonably dead accurate weapon to kill. The original Halo Assault Rifle is damn near useless compared to that... in fact, most of the original Halo weapons are. Halo 3 was kind of a step in the right direction, but they nerfed everything to make them balanced rather than gave them more power. People loved the power of the Halo 1 pistol, why didn't they make everything else stronger?

Also, lol hi I was in BanFree with you earlier. w0rt.

Pooky
May 16th, 2008, 09:07 AM
ftfy.

With those high-explosive semi-armor piercing rounds... Heavy shield damage, not so much against the armor.

Uh... :confused2:

t3h m00kz
May 16th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Spartan armor (I'm imagining it to be a TOUGH ASS armor... vizorium alloy or some bullshit). semi armor piercing rounds.

TVTyrant
May 16th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Spartan armor (I'm imagining it to be a TOUGH ASS armor... vizorium alloy or some bullshit). semi armor piercing rounds.

Its supposed to be Zirconium-Tungsten crystal bonded alloy. The best way to fight the pistolers is the Sniper Rifle, which is useless at short range. In the CMT maps, the MA5C is ftw against the pistol users. Grenades help too.

Pooky
May 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM

I think you're underestimating the sheer force of a bullet impacting your body, armour or no.

t3h m00kz
May 16th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I think you're underestimating the sheer force of a bullet impacting your body, armour or no.

True.

But tell that to the SMG in Halo 2.

Or even the AR in Halo 1.

Its supposed to be Zirconium-Tungsten crystal bonded alloy. The best way to fight the pistolers is the Sniper Rifle, which is useless at short range. In the CMT maps, the MA5C is ftw against the pistol users. Grenades help too.

Sniper rifle, useless at short range? I beg to differ, my friend. I really do. :p

MA5C rocks ass against pistol sometimes... they get hit by a barrage of bullets and don't know wtf to do :haw:

I just think all the other weapons need a bit more power to them. I'd love to be able to own with nothing but the MA5K and not worry about being outdone by the dreaded M6D side arm pistol.

TeeKup
May 16th, 2008, 08:29 PM

Indeed, the average speed of a bullet today travels somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000+ feet per second. Do the match and you have a HELL of a lot of kinetic energy focused on one point.

Syuusuke
May 16th, 2008, 09:31 PM
That's 304.8 m/s which is about 30 meters less than the speed of sound.

That hurts mon.
---

I doubt there's any way to stop aimbotting in Halo...

Unless they just flick the switch on the Gamespy servers, then the only thing left to worry about aimbotting over LAN servers.

SnaFuBAR
May 17th, 2008, 01:42 AM
fyi most bullets are supersonic iirc. 1000fps is air rifle speed. most rounds are in the 2000 fps range.

TVTyrant
May 17th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Actually the majority of US weapons have been based around near 3000 fps for 100 years. 30-06/7.62x51=2800 fps; .50 BMG=2900 fps; 5.56=3200 fps; 30mm ant-tank=3300 fps; the only modernly used round that doesn't break 2500 fps (i believe) is the 7.62x39 Soviet, which is 2300 fps. Modern Interceptor body armor will take 12 hits of 7.62 Soviet, 18 of 5.56, 0 of 50 BMG, 5 of 7.62 NATO/30-06, and -17 of 30mm, lol. Dragonskin will take 20 or more 7.62 NATO, and thats with very little damage to ballistic padding (which represents skin in the tests). Doron with steel plating will take less bullets, but more upfront damage from shrapnel/grenades. Seeing as how the armor is made of 100% nano fiber bindings, and then over-lapped with plates of xrystal bonded Zirconium-Tungsten alloys, you can easily believe that the armor should take alot more damage then it does, seeing as how in the 50s we had armor that, if you dove on a grenade, you would live.

High-five for research? Anybody?

TeeKup
May 17th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Actually the majority of US weapons have been based around near 3000 fps for 100 years. 30-06/7.62x51=2800 fps; .50 BMG=2900 fps; 5.56=3200 fps; 30mm ant-tank=3300 fps; the only modernly used round that doesn't break 2500 fps (i believe) is the 7.62x39 Soviet, which is 2300 fps. Modern Interceptor body armor will take 12 hits of 7.62 Soviet, 18 of 5.56, 0 of 50 BMG, 5 of 7.62 NATO/30-06, and -17 of 30mm, lol. Dragonskin will take 20 or more 7.62 NATO, and thats with very little damage to ballistic padding (which represents skin in the tests). Doron with steel plating will take less bullets, but more upfront damage from shrapnel/grenades. Seeing as how the armor is made of 100% nano fiber bindings, and then over-lapped with plates of xrystal bonded Zirconium-Tungsten alloys, you can easily believe that the armor should take alot more damage then it does, seeing as how in the 50s we had armor that, if you dove on a grenade, you would live.

High-five for research? Anybody?

You're new, and you actually did research. TeeKup approves.
_o/

Pooky
May 17th, 2008, 08:33 PM
No one's denying that the armour can take damage, it's the effect on the person inside :eyesroll:

n00b1n8R
May 17th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Halo 3 was kind of a step in the right direction, but they nerfed everything to make them balanced rather than gave them more power. People loved the power of the Halo 1 pistol, why didn't they make everything else stronger?
Because people would then cling to cover a lot more (ala-CS) as opposed to running out guns blazing (which is basically the essence of halo's gameplay).

Syuusuke
May 17th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I kept thinking fps was frames per second...Damn video games.

t3h m00kz
May 17th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Because people would then cling to cover a lot more (ala-CS) as opposed to running out guns blazing (which is basically the essence of halo's gameplay).

This is true... but is that a bad thing? Tactics aren't bad. Games like COD4 and shit are fun.

In Halo 1, when you get two people who are both really kick ass at pistols in a fight, they're going to be taking a hell of a lot of cover from each other anyway ;P Snowgrove's a good example... I've come across a few people who are excellent pistolers, and whenever I get into a pistol fight with them it's always *JUMP OUT AND SHOOT, TAKE COVER, REPEAT.*

I can see why they changed it, but I still think the weapons in H3 are a bit nerfed and should have been given a bit more power.

p0lar_bear
May 18th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Bungie changed the weapon set because all of the crybabies complained.

By all rights, you'd think MJOLNIR Mark V armor would repel a lot of crap unless hit at a joint, but since it's a multiplayer game, it seems to be as effective as a kevlar vest. Also, when playing on any map that ends up in space, don't you think taking any ballistic projectile would breach the suit and cause life support to fail?

The game doesn't make a lot of sense for the sake of making it playable and fun (to a degree). Can't really play a game and enjoy it for long if the player's an undying juggernaut.

high-explosive...rounds...non-headshotting

AP-HE rounds not causing a headshot? Are you kidding?

Oh, and I was recently edumacated that there is no such thing as SAP rounds, and if there were, it's probably the result of someone trying to make an AP round but failing. It's just Bungie making stuff up to sound cool.

n00b1n8R
May 18th, 2008, 03:45 AM
This is true... but is that a bad thing? Tactics aren't bad. Games like COD4 and shit are fun.
That kind of tactical thinking seems to be far above the capabilities of your average halo players. :/

In Halo 1, when you get two people who are both really kick ass at pistols in a fight, they're going to be taking a hell of a lot of cover from each other anyway ;P Snowgrove's a good example... I've come across a few people who are excellent pistolers, and whenever I get into a pistol fight with them it's always *JUMP OUT AND SHOOT, TAKE COVER, REPEAT.*
Which isn't really the gameplay bungie was looking for. They want you to take cover (to recharge shields), but they don't want it to just dissolve into 2 guys hiding behind rocks.

t3h m00kz
May 18th, 2008, 09:13 PM
That kind of tactical thinking seems to be far above the capabilities of your average halo players. :/

looool burnnnnn

Sad, but it's true.

Playing Death Island in regular HPC is just... way too easy. You shoot at somebody they keep walking in a straight line. Begging to die. Horribly.

TVTyrant
May 19th, 2008, 10:38 PM
No one's denying that the armour can take damage, it's the effect on the person inside :eyesroll:

Well, thats true, but the fact that you have that much armor is part of the effect. By inserting the gel impact layer (which in the books takes a 2KM supersonic drop and the SPARTANS survive), you would minimize the impact effect to the point where it would be like getting hit with a marble. If you look ate ballistic padding overlapped with modern DraginSkin armor, you get this extremely small impact effect, something like a really high FPS Airsoft gun. So, the Super-Uber-Ultra MJOLNIR would minimize it WAY down from even that...

Weren't we talking about Aimbots? I'm confused......

p0lar_bear
May 19th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah, quite a derivation from the original topic. That's okay though, as long as it wasn't an abrupt derailing.

This program is ineffective. Only real morons would fall for it. While we're quick to say that people who bot are stupid, that's not always the case.

The only thing that would break the aimbot 100% is if there was an update that would check for it directly (Yelo), or if how aiming was handled was changed. For now, the script that attaches and detaches an invisible dummy biped to players at random is the best we'll do, but we'd have to get everyone to put said script into their map.

Limited
May 19th, 2008, 11:44 PM
This program would work for say 20 seconds, then the person would relise and delete it, right?

Any update, pbear will fix it, even if they just add/change one line of code that doesnt even have to be related to shooting part of the game, and the aimbot wont work.

supersniper
May 20th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Yeah I posted it on a bunch of sites a while ago. Got many downloads and many posters saying things like you suck and ban this guy for posting a fakey... Anyways I have seen it work in Halo CE sometimes and it is pretty funny to see when you chat box spams up. But yeah it really isn't that effective after a while.

TVTyrant
May 20th, 2008, 12:04 PM
As I said before, the only place where bots play is Ban Free Snow_Grove, and thats because, well, its ban free. Its going to happen no matter what, and playing against them just makes you a better player. It makes you think differently, really tactically instead of "Im a go shoot stuffs".

blind
May 20th, 2008, 12:10 PM
This won't stop aimbotters at all.
ANYWAYS who really cares about them, they're all horriiiiibad

ALSO. A few weeks ago I was playing against very skilled people, except I was going AR only. I won with 25-4. Assault Rifle is an amazing gun but most people aren't smart enough to use it right.

edit: snowgrove blows, so who cares anyways

TVTyrant
May 20th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I tend to disagree with the whole "Snow_Grove blows" opinion. Yes, it is over-played. And yes, there are better maps. But as far as the actual gameplay, I would say that Snow_Grove is one of the 5 best maps. And, I actually enjoy playing against bots because ther's a certain ammount of satisfaction at taking out someone who cheats. I find the map and the Ban Free server to be very enjoyable.

Jelly
May 20th, 2008, 03:00 PM
The pistol in Snow Grove is too slow for me, and the reload is longer than I'm used to, making my habitual reload-melee useless.

blind
May 20th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I tend to disagree with the whole "Snow_Grove blows" opinion. Yes, it is over-played. And yes, there are better maps. But as far as the actual gameplay, I would say that Snow_Grove is one of the 5 best maps. And, I actually enjoy playing against bots because ther's a certain ammount of satisfaction at taking out someone who cheats. I find the map and the Ban Free server to be very enjoyable.
It was bad before it was overplayed. Grove_Final is thousands of times better.
For gameplay, Schwinnz and WartornCov3 are on top and cannot be surpassed.
You may get a kick out of taking out botters but personally, it pisses me off that people do that after I've been playing this game for 4 years to get where I am now skill-wise and these scrubs just waltz in to try and be good at HALO Worst Game Ever.

Sel
May 20th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Unfortunately, no one ever plays grove_final :|

Nor have I seen a wtc server up, well, ever. Except that occasional time we play it on HCEL or something

Donut
May 20th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I should see if I cant get my hands on an old computer and set up a dedicated server.... idfk how to set it up, but it cant be that hard, right? If i did i would put all of the GOOD maps on it.

itszutak
May 20th, 2008, 07:00 PM
People have tried. It's expensive, and you'll notice that almost nobody stays in the server. :(

Pooky
May 20th, 2008, 08:49 PM
People have tried. It's expensive, and you'll notice that almost nobody stays in the server. :(

Nah, they just all fuck off to play coldsnap :v

As for playing WTC, you just have to set it up with people. Most of the cool people on CE don't play regularly anymore. I played heaps of WTC in my last few weeks of CE.

supersniper
May 20th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Well I have a dedicated server all ready to go. If you guys want I can put up a list and hope it gets populated. Also it will have admins and be bot free. If anyone is interested in this pm me. But if it is empty all the time I will take it down. It can handle 16 people and is on a computer I normally don't use at all.

TVTyrant
May 20th, 2008, 10:48 PM
If you do set up a server I'd like to see Desolate Keep in the list. I love that map, but no one plays it. Grove_Final and Wartorncove would be pretty sweet too.

t3h m00kz
May 21st, 2008, 03:14 AM

Eh, I think snow-grove is so-so for gameplay... TBH I prefered Fragment.

But... God I miss the days of No_remorse, Covenant, Prime, Hyrule_Field, and Chronopolis (NONE OF THAT FUCKING RP SHIT).

I looooved Covenant.

Ban-free is lulz btw

Lateksi
May 21st, 2008, 03:23 AM
Like TVTyrant, I enjoy playing against cheaters on Ban free too. I also lag like hell there, so it makes it even harder :S

And yes, a 10-14 players server running maps no_remorse, fragment v2, grove_final, wtc and some new like vestige would be a very good server.

n00b1n8R
May 21st, 2008, 04:05 AM
Along with my old clan servers, the ban free SG server used to be one of my main stomping grounds, along with Diesel PL 3 (is that server still up? is it even called 3 these days?).

p0lar_bear
May 21st, 2008, 04:07 AM
If it is, the IP changed. Granted I haven't been on myself, but I haven't seen Diesel on XFire in ages.

Sel
May 21st, 2008, 07:13 AM
Yeah his servers still up, and pretty bitchin as always.

blind
May 21st, 2008, 11:25 AM
If you have Wartorn on a server, the server stays on Wartorn.

Pooky
May 21st, 2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah his servers still up, and pretty bitchin as always.

Except I'm banned from all of them :downs:

Yes, I was banned from all of them even back when he had 7