PDA

View Full Version : Random Ideas (for turrets)

sdavis117
May 8th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I just had a couple random ideas about Halo 3 (removable) turrets for Halo CE.

Most people have been making the (already) removed turrets weapons, which makes them first person and has no effect on the speed. The thing that should be done is make removed turrets into vehicles with limited ammo. This would mean you could make them third person and have the player be slower.

And I had a guess on how to make the Turret removable. I think that the "Destroyable Vehicles" script (atleast the one that is used for H2 Coagulation) transforms the object when it receives enough damage (as you can tell by the ability to "flip" certain parts of the destroyed vehicles). Now all you would have to do is apply a similar script to a turret, and have the player automaticly apply the neccesary damage by pressing "f" (or whatever they have melee set to), but instead of tranforming it into a destroyed object it could transform it into a "removed" turret.

I'm sorry if some of the assumptions I have made are wrong. I still have yet to test some of these theories. I just needed to get this out there if it does work. Might have some actual examples soon.

kid908
May 8th, 2008, 08:13 PM
XD i find it easier to make a script for third person for a weapon than animating the biped over again to walk jump and shoot etc.

sdavis117
May 8th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Well there are two things with that:
1) You would also have to make the player slower.
2) When you pick up a turret in Halo3 you don't have to swap it for any weapons.

kid908
May 8th, 2008, 11:11 PM
there is a way to make it not swap to pickup it's quite easy actually.

sdavis117
May 9th, 2008, 06:54 AM
But aren't you forced into picking up those weapons when you go near them? I'm guessing your talking about things like the Bubble Sheild in the H3T Coag Beta, or the C4 that is in half the maps larger then a football field.