PDA

View Full Version : Coldsnap to H2V WIP

{AHS}SONIC
May 23rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Imagine being able to see coldsnap/hugesnap all the way accross from end to end, with out that stupid sky issue, and all in super high detail rendered in halo 2's engine.

COMING AS SOON AS I CAN GET HEK+ TO WORK

SnaFuBAR
May 24th, 2008, 02:32 AM
why would anyone want that?
E: also, it's not hugesnap, it's hugeass.

Patrickssj6
May 24th, 2008, 02:35 AM
NOoOOOOOOoo

Please.

p0lar_bear
May 24th, 2008, 03:08 AM
I doubt severely you're going to get it to work.

For one, Coldsnap is an incredibly complex map, tech wise. There are tons of scripts running to make everything work in that map, from pelican pickups, to vehicle teleporters out of the base, etc.

For two, Halo 2's assets are differently sized than Halo 1. IIRC, they're smaller in size.

Three, don't forget that Halo 2 Vista's editing kit is locked down tighter than solitary confinement in a high-security prison. You don't have, and probably can't have, the assets required to remake coldsnap.

Four, don't post threads announcing projects with seemingly empty promises. Post when you've got material to present.

Feel free to attempt this. If you actually do have extensive knowledge of both Halo 1 and Halo 2's scripting system and tag structures, and can pull this with tools and hacks you can make, surprise us. I'm just letting you know what you're getting yourself into.