PDA

View Full Version : ELEPHANT WORKING!

Chainsy
May 24th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Well Wm has been working on a campaign, and one of members Haloguru, discovered how to let you stand on moving things such as vehicles, so here is the link, you msut download vid because we wanted as high quality as possible for your viewing pleasure. Heres the link:
http://gamerscreek.com/files/omgwat.wmv

Tweek
May 24th, 2008, 02:04 PM
this isn't actually "new" information, standing on vehicles.

and the elephant in that video is just another device_machine, so it's even more nothing new.
also lol at elephant model.

i only liked the bit with the turret at the end.

Roth
May 24th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Vid doesn't load :\

PlasbianX
May 24th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Vid doesn't load :\

Open it as a URL in something like winamp and it works.

Sel
May 24th, 2008, 02:16 PM
The use of it on the hog is cool I guess.

Just needs to be on the hog itself :|

Masterz1337
May 24th, 2008, 02:26 PM
It's nothing that is special or hasn't been done before tbh.

Patrickssj6
May 24th, 2008, 02:44 PM
youtube plz....

Chainsy
May 24th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Were uploading on youtube, and also though isnt neccesarily new, it hasnt been implied onto an elephant before or we would of had it a while back, it is basically a device, but were planning to make it an invisible shell around the surface of the vehicle. Also, the reason the elephant isnt a vehicle is because we want it to be a scripted evice for our campaign. But yes, it would work jsut fine as a vehicle too, wer ejsut getting the final chinks out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy6-x7DTrBk

ICEE
May 24th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Heres a chink: its just a tad LARGE sir.

HDoan
May 24th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Nothing new here =/ It's just a giant device. But the turret pit at the end just attaches a device =/ I had the idea for awhile but I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Chainsy
May 24th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Like I said, the elephant can be a vehicle if needed and bale to stand on, were making an invisble shell that will alow you to actaully walk on the hog and you wont fall off even at top speeds, and this idea has been out there for a while, was actaully started by selentic and killerelf a long time back. But its still great because about everyone has had the idea, but it has never been fully operational as it is on this. Also, this opens a large ammount of possibilites not just for a campaign, but for multiplayer, we could now create a map with actual moving space craft you can walk around in, we can create a map on a ship in the water that could move with people walking around in its cabins, and could create mobile bases that you can walk on while its moving. Even more exciting is the fact that now that you can stand on them, it opens up the possibility of creating an operation hi-jacking system like that of h2 and h3. Sorry for the rant, just excited.

Tweek
May 24th, 2008, 04:09 PM
i once made an entire covenant capship crashing-scene

it was all just devince machines, particle systems etc included.

ICEE
May 24th, 2008, 04:15 PM
i once made an entire covenant capship crashing-scene

it was all just devince machines, particle systems etc included.

Pics.

SnaFuBAR
May 24th, 2008, 04:15 PM
that model is pretty terrible.

TeeKup
May 24th, 2008, 04:19 PM
How long was that model in production.

Chainsy
May 24th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Yes, its a beta model and is very old, you would probably remember it from a much older thread, it was made by deehunter, before halo 3 came out, so its pretty inacurate and scaled badly, plus..dear god..it had so many open edges...I mean, I know it would work fine, but it made the model even more
:(. Its collision was also screwed up, so hguru had to make one that sort of resembled it.

TeeKup
May 24th, 2008, 04:24 PM
If its old, inaccurate and unfinished then you shouldn't have even posted this. I see this thread as an attempt to gain attention and recognition after your little assault rifle incident and should probably be locked immediately.

ICEE
May 24th, 2008, 04:31 PM
If its old, inaccurate and unfinished then you shouldn't have even posted this. I see this thread as an attempt to gain attention and recognition after your little assault rifle incident and should probably be locked immediately.

Now whose making bold assumptions? Chains didn't claim any credit on the project, he was only advertising it. I see this thread not as an attempt to get attention, but rather an attempt to rally support for the project.

TeeKup
May 24th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Where in my post did I confirm whether he claimed credit or not? You failed to analyze my post correctly. He can rally support once the project is refined more.

ICEE
May 24th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Well then my bad. But this little comment certainly points the finger at him doesn't it?

SnaFuBAR
May 24th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Now whose making bold assumptions? Chains didn't claim any credit on the project, he was only advertising it. I see this thread not as an attempt to get attention, but rather an attempt to rally support for the project.
you just made an assumption by saying that teekup is claiming chains claimed any credit...

TeeKup
May 24th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Well then my bad. But this little comment certainly points the finger at him doesn't it?

Well no shit because that's what he's doing. Seriously don't even attempt to stick up for this kid, it would negligent to your health if you did.

Chainsy
May 24th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Heh, Iron clad its ok, these guys make a living off doing this crap. Its ironic that they tell people to grow up, yet they troll and find ways to herass and put down people, its kind of funny actaully, and pathetic at the same time.
Its also sad when admins and moderators are corrupted and bandwagon with the larger side and give into peer pressure. Another funny thing is that they have dirty little perverted minds, but when someone new posts something like that, they act offended like theyre polictically correct gentlemen.

ICEE
May 24th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Well no shit because that's what he's doing. Seriously don't even attempt to stick up for this kid, it would negligent to your health if you did.

You seem incredibly biased against certain people. I think you need to chill out man. I'm only sticking up for him because I don't believe he's done anything wrong in this particular thread. What I see here is you attacking him just because he jumped the gun and posted his team's work a little early. I'm not trying to start a war with you teek, I just think your being way to harsh for this particular situation. Notice that no one else who saw this thread was as negative as you.

E: He wrote this post while I was still writing the above one.

Heh, Iron clad its ok, these guys make a living off doing this crap. Its ironic that they tell people to grow up, yet they troll and find ways to herass and put down people, its kind of funny actaully, and pathetic at the same time.
Its also sad when admins and moderators are corrupted and bandwagon with the larger side and give into peer pressure. Another funny thing is that they have dirty little perverted minds, but when someone new posts something like that, they act offended like theyre polictically correct gentlemen.

Way to negate my defense of you chains. Well until this post, I still believe teek was being aggressive... Now I'm done trying to help

Chainsy
May 24th, 2008, 05:07 PM
You know Im as tired of these people as they are of me.

SnaFuBAR
May 24th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Then go back to halomaps. You're upset over that ridiculous "KoKa-Kola" thread you posted. It all goes back to you bro. You're upset over us not accepting your sub-par work unlike back a halomaps.

ICEE
May 24th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Lol just lock the topic. Theres no way for this to end well.

Chainsy
May 24th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Too true iron clad, too true.