PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 for Xp?

xXGaaraoftheFunkXx
May 24th, 2008, 06:47 PM
does anyone know the hack or a place to download a hack that will let me install/play/play-online halo 2 on XP? I have DirectX 10 but i don't want to get the most useless OS ever and DON'T ask me how I got it, it takes too long to explain...

Tweek
May 24th, 2008, 06:52 PM
does anyone know the hack or a place to download a hack that will let me install/play/play-online halo 2 on XP?
I have DirectX 10 but i don't want to get the most useless OS ever and DON'T ask me how I got it, it takes too long to explain...

lol

Phopojijo
May 24th, 2008, 06:52 PM
If you don't have Vista, you don't have DirectX 10.

As for the most useless OS ever... not really... Vista is pretty decent. No reason to upgrade from XP though, so if your computer is preloaded with XP... keep that... if you have a free choice? Vista would be my pick. Works well... just differently from the way people know it. Most issues I've seen people complain about are really quick fixes they just would rather complain about than attempt to fix.

Besides, Halo 2 Vista is DirectX9 only... there's no DX10 features in it.

As for the hack... http://halo2xp.tk/ that appears to be a hack. Never tried it though as I have Vista... and really don't play Halo 2 anyway.

Limited
May 24th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Just to let you know, its works. But do buy a real copy of the game, then get that to work on XP.

xXGaaraoftheFunkXx
May 24th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Just to let you know, its works. But do buy a real copy of the game, then get that to work on XP. i got the real copy of the game so how do i get it on xp?

oh and i can prove that i have directx 10 on XP if you would like to see it then message me!

NuggetWarmer
May 24th, 2008, 07:37 PM
We don't give two shits if you have DX10 on your XP or not. We're telling you that H2V uses DX9. Also, just buy Vista. You can't go online or gain achievements in the XP hack.

Limited
May 24th, 2008, 07:56 PM
i got the real copy of the game so how do i get it on xp?
Look at page 22 of the manual that came with the game. Bottom left.
Go to zeph's site, then read
Also, no you dont have DX10, but its okay, I dont either :)

KIWIDOGGIE
May 25th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I think he is referring to the Half ported version of DX10 to XP. It doese'nt work well at all.

Patrickssj6
May 25th, 2008, 12:44 PM
DirectDraw from DirectX10 works on XP but that's it if I can remember.

Snowy
May 25th, 2008, 07:39 PM
This thread has peaked my interest, and I'm trying to install H2V on XP... It's been at "Installing Halo 2 for Windows Vista" for like ten minutes now.. :/

Can I sign into Live to message my xbox friends? That's really all I care about.

Limited
May 25th, 2008, 09:14 PM
This thread has peaked my interest, and I'm trying to install H2V on XP... It's been at "Installing Halo 2 for Windows Vista" for like ten minutes now.. :/

Can I sign into Live to message my xbox friends? That's really all I care about.
Did you check that website out? Also it does take ages to install.

Patrickssj6
May 26th, 2008, 04:06 AM
You can sign into live...but you have to do some manual update/tweaking.

supersniper
May 26th, 2008, 10:13 AM
If only multiplayer worked on xp. I am wondering though why won't multiplayer work on xp?

Limited
May 26th, 2008, 04:11 PM
If only multiplayer worked on xp. I am wondering though why won't multiplayer work on xp?
Requires Windows LIVE, which doesnt fully work on XP.

You cant even play lan which sucks, so you cant make a game and play coagulation or whatever, its litterally only SP.

If some one finds a way to play non SP maps, like coagulation or any custom maps, let me know :O

supersniper
May 26th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Can't you just install Live on xp and run it. Then check out the error and find a way to fix it?? I am sure it just needs simple .dll files that aren't on xp. Yeah it would be hard to do but very doable.

Limited
May 26th, 2008, 08:16 PM
You need to actually sign into LIVE, and LIVE doesnt work on XP...

Give it a try if you want...

p0lar_bear
May 27th, 2008, 06:06 PM
http://www.modacity.net/forums/announcement.php?f=27

That said, any threads made after the date of this announcement (Dec. 15, 2007 at 4:30am Eastern Time) asking if the game will run on their computer will be given an "Unconstructive Post" infraction (2 points, 21 days to decay) and the thread will be locked and/or deleted. Also, anyone asking for help with running the game on Windows XP via WoWloader or any kind of Windows Vista environment emulation patch will also result in the same treatment.

It's been proven time and time again that Halo 2 will not work on XP for a long time. While we welcome people attempting to hack the game so it will run on XP with no problem, the current patches that exist can only barely get singleplayer to run on XP, and this is why we do not support this. If you want to play Halo 2 for Windows Vista, then simply buy Windows Vista and stop complaining.