February 12th, 2007, 06:12 PM
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5166/bruteghostmbak5.jpg

For SPV2, concept art by Dano.

DaneO'Roo
February 12th, 2007, 06:30 PM
:P Someone model it and ill skin it.

Syuusuke
February 12th, 2007, 07:41 PM
For some reason, I was thinking that if you added a boost feature, it would go backwards =S

I am so retarded!

Arteen
February 12th, 2007, 07:45 PM
No guns?

HDoan
February 12th, 2007, 08:10 PM
make the boost ( if it has any ) go backwards!

TeeKup
February 12th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Needs more weapons.

Hurrvish
February 12th, 2007, 10:51 PM
make it so that the wings at the sides are razor sharp, so that if someone hits it, theyll get killed and blood will go all over the place XD
good concept
make a boost >_>

DaneO'Roo
February 12th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I was thinking that this ghost would be extra fast and be basically meant for mowing people and vehicles down, and make the old ghost higher up off the ground, so its easily able to be ducked undernath. Kinda balances it, in theory, but It'd have to be done first in game to know i spose.

Teroh
February 12th, 2007, 11:08 PM
That is... Hawt.

Stealth
February 12th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I looks nice, but I think the front tip needs to be more sweaped back abit, and Grav Boosters in the back on the seat back, with some kind of wings.
like this...
http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo/Gallery/Concept/sketch_026.jpg
and Dano, make the black like vents in the front look like they have some kind of shielding kind of like a covie sword. and Make it a Darker Red in the front and close to the blades so it looks like it has been staned by human blood, and in the back make it a light red.

DaneO'Roo
February 13th, 2007, 12:18 AM
whoa that ghost owns, too bad bungie never made that one

*edit* (referring to stealths deleted post that was directly above mine, showing bungie ghost concept art)

Stealth
February 13th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Ya, I know, there is a few good ideas Bungie came up with, there is one more of the ghost that I'm working on, but it'll shoot needles, and when you blow it up, it shoots some of it's needles every where.

legionaire45
February 13th, 2007, 01:51 AM
that ghost looks strangely like a dolphin...0_o. Are you saying we should ride dolphins Stealth? xD.

Great concept, i'll work on that furry piece of artillery for it if you want ;D. mb an easter egg just for us?

TIA Gangsta
February 13th, 2007, 03:41 AM
For some reason, I was thinking that if you added a boost feature, it would go backwards =S

I am so retarded!

ROFL! It's true!

And you've kept the basic Ghost shape. I was hopeing for something a bit more original than that, like you Ghost that shot Needlers in Campaign.
How about making a Brute Ghost? It'll be useful for when you insert your Brutes as well.
There's no point of making a "mowing down vehicle". It'll just ruin gameplay in my opinion.

n00b1n8R
February 13th, 2007, 04:00 AM
what if you made it alot weaker than the ghost?

i mean, fast things are rarely that strong in video games (except for boss battles :P)

and the name needs to be changed.

more like "raper" :D
n00b out

Reaper Man
February 13th, 2007, 04:46 AM
:P Someone model it and ill skin it.
I'll consider modelling it.

Masterz1337
February 13th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Well, your not CMT.

DaneO'Roo
February 13th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Neuros modelling it :O

Reaper Man
February 13th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Well, your not CMT.
Therefore I cannot model things for a friend? Oh, gg.

Neuro Guro
February 13th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Neuros modelling it :O

Yes

DaneO'Roo
February 13th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Therefore I cannot model things for a friend? Oh, gg.

you can have a go at my other concept if ya want Reaper, or try and outshine Neuros :P. Whatever ya wanna do really.

Reaper Man
February 13th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Nah, 's ok. I got alot of stuff to do atm anyway.

Stealth
February 13th, 2007, 07:46 AM
that ghost looks strangely like a dolphin...0_o. Are you saying we should ride dolphins Stealth? xD.
No, that wasn't where I was going with the fins in the back, I was thinking it would have some fins in the back to help it from going out of control when it gose really fast. Masterz, plz do not delete this post, you shouldn't of deleted my other post, I was never telling you to do any thing, I was giving Dano some ideas to inprove the look of his reaper. I've been too hostile to you, and I'm sorry, I got mad at you for no good reason, you had more say then I did, I'll leave you alone, if you leave me, and my posts alone.

someone
February 13th, 2007, 08:21 AM
that ghost looks strangely like a dolphin...0_o
It looks like a pimped ghost without guns :P

itszutak
February 13th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I don't like it. :/

Looks too...elaborate.

Very non-covenant, brute, or anything. Just looks like something some 12-year old thinks is "badass". Also, dano...I know you drew that. Dosn't mean you have to repeatedly post saying how great you think it is. :/

*waits for the -rep barrage*

AAA
February 13th, 2007, 12:00 PM

Looks too...elaborate.

Very non-covenant, brute, or anything. Just looks like something some 12-year old thinks is "badass". Also, dano...I know you drew that. Dosn't mean you have to repeatedly post saying how great you think it is. :/

You have no taste it sex and coolness do you?

This IS Da Sex! I'd run a guy over anyday with that smokin' baby! *wolf whistle*

na, jp.

although it is pretty sweet. The Reaper + Ingame = Dead mu'uh Fu-- :X .... :D

and make it to where it shoots like the H2 ghost but instead of the plasma being blue....make it red like a brute rifle and a boost would be helpful

Stealth
February 13th, 2007, 12:26 PM
It looks like a pimped ghost without guns :P
he wasn't talking about Dano's Ghost, he was talking about the old Ghost drawing of Bungie's that I've posted in reply, but it was deleted... Because Masterz wants me banned from here for ever and thinks that I shouldn't have any say on if I can give ideas to CMT's members.

Looks too...elaborate.

it needs some more shape that is less Ghost like, and more bad ass vehilce with lots of speed and maybe a turret in the back, for anti-Air use.

Neuro Guro
February 13th, 2007, 12:56 PM
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/61/bruteghostmbak5yv8.jpg

+ some small tail wings and a passenger be able to ride on the back. Oh and some guns.

AAA
February 13th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I thought this was for single player....are you going to make the Marines smarter and make one of them get in with us and ACTUALLY shoot something?

please do...

Pooky
February 13th, 2007, 01:02 PM
If this is to replace the Apparition, it needs to have some kind of weapon. If not...

Well, I agree it doesn't feel very Covenant-ish. If you look at the Covenant vehicles, from Ghosts to capital ships, they all follow the same basic design of simplistic curved shapes with as little detail as possible. This looks like someone put a Ghost through a body shop and spray painted it red (the blue color at least looks a little better). We'll see how it works out though

I_Am_Error117
February 13th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Streamline it a litle more, add guns, anmaybe a blade on the back...

just my $.02

DaneO'Roo
February 13th, 2007, 03:06 PM

Looks too...elaborate.

uh, look at covenant architecture and design, hunny. You'll find it's quite elaborate.

also: o_O wtf was that last part about??

Quote at least 1 post of mine saying how great it is.

k?

k

@ people who care: What I was thinking if this 2 seat idea goes ahead, is raising the old ghost up off the ground a lil bit more, so its able to be dodged, ducked underneath, this ghost however I was thinking could be much faster than the old ghost, damages anything it runs into, cannot be dodged as easily and the shooting is occupied by the passenger, using their own gun. But I don't care what happens wiht it, as long as it turns out playable. Giant rocket cannonc lasers idc. Can't wait to see what Neuro can do with it.

Besides, it was a rough concept, laying out the basic design, I never put in all the covenant fancy pants stuff, I'm saving that effort for the skin.

Stealth
February 13th, 2007, 05:26 PM
ya, that is a great idea, and I was thinking that if you keep it a one seater, make it so when you right click, it turns on boost.

Masterz1337
February 13th, 2007, 05:48 PM
You can't boost with right click.

Pooky
February 13th, 2007, 05:49 PM
ya, that is a great idea, and I was thinking that if you keep it a one seater, make it so when you right click, it turns on boost.

Today, 07:26 PM #31 (http://h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=28235&postcount=31)
Stealth (http://h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=51)

I am gone for a few days

Um... what?

SnaFuBAR
February 13th, 2007, 05:56 PM
can't really say it's a good concept. just a touched up ghost with wingblades. cmt really does need something a little more original than that. seems too easily accomplished in a pc mod.

TIA Gangsta
February 13th, 2007, 06:10 PM
can't really say it's a good concept. just a touched up ghost with wingblades. cmt really does need something a little more original than that. seems too easily accomplished in a pc mod.

Exactly!

I don't see why everyone's going "OMG IT'S AWESOME", when it's just a slightly modified Ghost...

Masterz1337
February 13th, 2007, 06:12 PM
ironicly, the idea behind it was a brute varient of the ghost. We'll definaly make more changes to this concept though.

TeeKup
February 13th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Ok, no plasma weapons.

Its a ghost with razor blades for weapons.

Masterz1337
February 13th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Obviously it will have guns teekup.... We planned to mount them under the wings.

Edward Elrich
February 13th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Think of the sides where the guns would be as the bayonet attatchment for a Brute Shot (not as curved, but just as sharp) There really is no need for weapons, it's basically an energy sword on "wheels" (the "wheels" being whatever method the vehicle uses to hover) Now it can be the Brute Ghost :D (what would be really funny is if limbs of whatever you hit stay stuck on the blades and slowly slide off. That, or the enemy gets cut in half, one of the two)

*waiting for the flames to come...*

AAA
February 13th, 2007, 10:09 PM
^^^^^ he he he. I kinda like that :D

Stealth
February 13th, 2007, 10:13 PM
You can't boost with right click.
Oh you can't? that is odd, because I've played a few Halo Demo mods that the Banshee had Boost as right click, I can't remember how to do it, but I use to.

Today, 07:26 PM #31 (http://h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=28235&postcount=31)
Stealth (http://h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=51)

I am gone for a few days

Um... what?
Um, off topic, and I've yet to take that off, I'll get around to it some day.

Obviously it will have guns teekup.... We planned to mount them under the wings.
Spiker guns on it, that'll work.

Masterz1337
February 13th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Demo mods being the keyword. The fact they are all meta swaps might be the reason why they suck.

Stealth
February 13th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Demo mods being the keyword. The fact they are all meta swaps might be the reason why they suck.
just so you know, the one I played, was one that good old L33t made, I think, I got it from ZimeDale.com, and it was good, and not all meta swaps are suck, only if only use HMT, I use HMT, HHHT, and HHT, to make my newer mods, much better then just swaping meta, it is just some editing in the tag links, nothing hard if you know what you're looking for.

Edward Elrich
February 13th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Now that we know it's going to be spiker guns on the sides, I've changed my mind. Think of the sides as pimped out spiker guns (or just spiker guns with Brute shot blades instead of whatever the gun had before.)

Phopojijo
February 13th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Meh, couldn't put my finger on it last night but I think I figured out why it looks weird.

The Brutes are large creatures, and their ride is even thinner than the Ghost... maybe make it a bit (a lot) more bulky?

n00b1n8R
February 14th, 2007, 12:08 AM
It Needs To Be Weaker Than The Ghost >:u

DaneO'Roo
February 14th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Lol I wouldn't worry about it guys, tbh. In the end, theres a good chance it won't look anything like the concept. Just look at bungies concept art. Hardly anything turned out like it was intended, and for the better. Neuros going to be putting alot of his creative spin on it, and I'm going to make the best of a skin I possibly can for it.

Limited
February 14th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Meh heres what i'd add

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/743/ghostox7.jpg

Make the "guns" at the front mostly black like tubing ish, like some of the vehicle guns on star wars you know those like black turret thingys?

Boost would shoot out from back like in picture maybe a nice blue or some thing lol

itszutak
February 14th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I still think it is completely un-halo in appearance. Brute, human, covie, whatever...It just looks out of place and terrible.

IMHO. <_<

Every vehicle in halo 1 acts like an energy sword; just drive over or even nudge anybody and they're dead...

And I don't think I can picture a brute riding that. :/

EDIT: This is directed towards the earlier concept; I can't see Limited's drawing, so I don't know how it's been changed. <_<

Limited
February 14th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I still think it is completely un-halo in appearance. Brute, human, covie, whatever...It just looks out of place and terrible.

IMHO. <_<

Every vehicle in halo 1 acts like an energy sword; just drive over or even nudge anybody and they're dead...

And I don't think I can picture a brute riding that. :/

EDIT: This is directed towards the earlier concept; I can't see Limited's drawing, so I don't know how it's been changed. <_<
Mines pretty much the same lol..

Edward Elrich
February 14th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Don't forget, as it's concept, it's unskinned and could undergo major changes (the spikers still need to be added, for example)

Limited
February 14th, 2007, 10:27 AM
I wish some one would model my concept, 2 seater craft but it may look weird with just driver in lol..

I think your ghost thing would look good with guns on it like on mine, one at bottom from and one on the like top side of it.
cough >_>

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2465/unnamedcraftey4.jpg

TeeKup
February 14th, 2007, 02:55 PM

No keep the blades, that actually fits the brutes style. Something cruel and horrid. :D

Pooky
February 14th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Spiker guns on it, that'll work.

Yes

The Brutes are large creatures, and their ride is even thinner than the Ghost... maybe make it a bit (a lot) more bulky?

And yes, then it'll be awesome.

Just my personal opinion, if it has Spikers don't make them super spray weapons like the Ghosts current Plasma Rifles, instead make them fire 2 really powerful spikes at a time, slowly.

Edward Elrich
February 15th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Or if you do, make it similar to the aparition's weapons in the SPv1 where primary fire was rapid-fire needlers, like the ghost, but secondary was like the CMT grunt turret from SPv1. This is also assuming "ctl" can be used as the boost key

TIA Gangsta
February 15th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Remember in the Halo 2 E3 Demo last cutscene where the Brutes were in Ghosts and chasing down the Masterchief.
They looked a bit cramped, but they look reasonably fine to me. Bungie definately thought that a Ghost bulk up wasn't needed, and Brutes can easily drive it.
I heard the Brute Ghost was the same shape as the Ghost in every way, except it shot Brute Plasma Rifle Projectiles, was faster in a straight line, but straffed less easier.

Pooky
February 15th, 2007, 04:19 PM
but this thing is THINNER than an Elite's ride, thus makes no sense for Brutes, which are bigger

TIA Gangsta
February 15th, 2007, 04:29 PM
but this thing is THINNER than an Elite's ride, thus makes no sense for Brutes, which are bigger

Is it? Oh, but I was responding to the people saying to make a more bulky Ghost anyway.

AAA
February 15th, 2007, 04:38 PM
uuuhhhhh, brutes are going to be in SPv2?

and we should really stop talking about how bulky it was and how it doesn't look brute like, as true as it may sound....stop making such a big deal about it....we all get the point already....:mad:

DaneO'Roo
February 15th, 2007, 04:59 PM
my god its a CONCEPT picture people, not the actual thing. Do you really think in game it's going to be SMALLER than the original ghost?

Fuck no. Most ingame stuff never ends out exactly as planned. I didn't even plan this concept, I just tried to make what the brutes would make of a ghost. The actual thing will have big mean rusty blooded up blades, bulky, vents, and a haloish skin and model. I mean, gawd, Neuros modelling it. It's gunna be good.

My concept was a rough idea of what I have in my head, along the way neuros going to put his creative spin on it.
I made it red, as in the red brute plasma rifle, at the time, but now seeing the Halo 3 Ad, it seems that like the new wraiths, it would be a dark black/blue colour.

It's just a rough concept drawing, not the actual skinned, finished, polished, rigged ingame model :/

TIA Gangsta
February 15th, 2007, 05:09 PM
my god its a CONCEPT picture people, not the actual thing. Do you really think in game it's going to be SMALLER than the original ghost?

Fuck no. Most ingame stuff never ends out exactly as planned. I didn't even plan this concept, I just tried to make what the brutes would make of a ghost. The actual thing will have big mean rusty blooded up blades, bulky, vents, and a haloish skin and model. I mean, gawd, Neuros modelling it. It's gunna be good.

My concept was a rough idea of what I have in my head, along the way neuros going to put his creative spin on it.
I made it red, as in the red brute plasma rifle, at the time, but now seeing the Halo 3 Ad, it seems that like the new wraiths, it would be a dark black/blue colour.

It's just a rough concept drawing, not the actual skinned, finished, polished, rigged ingame model :/

Actually, it hasn't been comfirmed if those are "new" Wraiths or if they're just the same old ones. It also hasn't been comfirmed if the Wraith is linked to the Brutes (i.e. Brute Wraith).

Mr Buckshot
February 15th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Reaper Man would like this.

Edward Elrich
February 15th, 2007, 08:50 PM
For all we know it was reaper's idea. Anyway, where is he? He should give some insight to this.

Hurrvish
February 15th, 2007, 08:57 PM
actually, the "reaper" is a suitable name for this new vehicle
hint: the blades...

Edward Elrich
February 16th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Wow, nothing gets by you. (sorry, but it is kind of obvious. -rep me if you must.)

And my on-topic comment: This could go very far. Will it be in multiplayer as well, or is this another SP-only vehicle?

Masterz1337
February 16th, 2007, 07:21 PM
SP only. New weapons ar eonly going into SPV2, except the Ma5k, because after tagging it for sp, it proved it'self to be a new unique weapon that fitted in well with the mp weapons.

Dole
February 17th, 2007, 10:52 AM
That explains the five week delay after mappacks were announced to be released every week or two.

Masterz1337
February 17th, 2007, 12:39 PM
That's because of HUD. I would say you might get a new map, or the exclusive area will get a beta soon.

Boba
February 17th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Instead of this, you should use the Shadow.

Masterz1337
February 17th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Show the brutes some love Boba. Besides, no one wants to see more recycled h2 stuff.

Boba
February 17th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Show the brutes some love Boba. Besides, no one wants to see more recycled h2 stuff.
Not that Shadow. :x

n00b1n8R
February 17th, 2007, 05:50 PM

*cough*

Reaper Man
February 17th, 2007, 07:37 PM
For all we know it was reaper's idea. Anyway, where is he? He should give some insight to this.
Well, when Dano first drew it up I helped him come up with ideas for weapon mounts etc, but it doesn't look like he's used them.

HDoan
February 18th, 2007, 12:24 AM
public or private betas?

n00b1n8R
February 18th, 2007, 01:06 AM
oh it will be in a public beta for sure.

it will also be in this new super secret map in development that's called CMT_Super_Happy_Rainbow_Cuddles_Island_:D

don't you know anything you silly :)

DaneO'Roo
February 18th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Well, when Dano first drew it up I helped him come up with ideas for weapon mounts etc, but it doesn't look like he's used them.

nah, i just forgot cuz im a lazy fat shit :X

Reaper Man
February 18th, 2007, 04:59 AM
im a lazy fat shit :X
Precisely.

AAA
February 18th, 2007, 11:09 AM
LOL, So the reaper won't just be in SPv2. Your Base are belong to us!

Reaper Man
February 19th, 2007, 01:06 AM
...What the hell? Grow up.

n00b1n8R
February 19th, 2007, 01:15 AM
says the guy who made this:
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1746/vhighres2bu.gif

go and set yourself up the bomb :P
n00b out

Reaper Man
February 19th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Oh, aren't we the clever one? I may have made that image, but do you see me making immature posts as AAA does? I didn't think so either. Both of you, grow the fuck up.

Did you really think made a valid argument/point by posting that picture?

rossmum
February 19th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Stop spamming, all of you. Gosh.

Any ideas for weaponry, other than the obvious?

TheGhost
February 19th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Any more red cards?

Dole
February 19th, 2007, 08:39 AM
What does that mean? What are you talking about?
It's only in SPv2.

Did you really think made a valid argument/point by posting that picture?
Steer clear of trying to use "the double whammy" (words/words) when going two to one.
It doesn't look good. It's the internet equivalent of using finger quotes in real life.

But seriously, n00b, that made absolutely no sense. At all.

n00b1n8R
February 19th, 2007, 03:34 PM
basically, he was calling me immature, and i pointed out that he was proudly displaying the giant "< smiley. what i was doing was also immature so it was a joke <.<

only verry rarely should anybody take what i'm saying (if derogatory) seriously. that sentance < was one time you should take it seriously. <so was that one. <so was that one...

see? it's a joke. LAUGH YOU UNGRATEFUL THETANS!

Dole
February 19th, 2007, 04:30 PM
That smiley was made for one of the biggest spam threads this site has ever seen... even though there have only been like three.

And I still have no idea what you're saying. Don't bother trying to explain it.

Any ideas for weaponry, other than the obvious? What about that big energy ball thing that was originally on the Apparition, from like the second CMT teaser trailer.
Or relatively slow-firing dual Spiker cannons.

Masterz1337
February 19th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Get on topic, otherwise you will recieve warnings.

The Apparation use to fire the Covie dropship projectile. I think spike cannons would work better though.

demonmaster3k
February 19th, 2007, 05:54 PM
looks more like a modified halo 2 ghost concept also, where's the guns!?

HDoan
February 19th, 2007, 06:00 PM
its more of a mow the covie over weapon

TeeKup
February 19th, 2007, 07:56 PM
its more of a mow the covie over weapon

.....what?

Roostervier
February 19th, 2007, 08:16 PM
He means: "The vehicle is used to ram into the covenant instead of using plasma weapons." I think =p. If it ends up using weapons, I hope it shoots out normal plasma or spikes from the brute spiker... please not needles.

TeeKup
February 19th, 2007, 08:18 PM
He means: "The vehicle is used to ram into the covenant instead of using plasma weapons." I think =p.

The lack of quotation marks confused me.

Dole
February 19th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Considering this thing is pretty much a lawn mower, it'll have to be extremely nimble if you were to hope to even clip anything, with aliens dodging, rolling, and flipping out of the way.

n00b1n8R
February 20th, 2007, 05:40 AM
let me tell you something.

i am the worlds greatest ghost whore.

i kill people with the guns, heck sometimes i have no alternative (people in vehicles for example) but i gain the vast majority of my ghost kills by running people over.

you only need to bump people to kill them. if this was even faster than a ghost, it would rape all.
n00b out

itszutak
February 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I expect Brute vehicles and items to look a bit more... "Industrial"... Something about the pic sets me off. :/

Dole
February 20th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I expect Brute vehicles and items to look a bit more... "Industrial"... Something about the pic sets me off. :/
It's too colorful, and too cute (not grotesque)? Meh, industrial pretty much is the word to describe how it should look.

but i gain the vast majority of my ghost kills by running people over.
In the game, Spartans can only sidestep at [what feels like] three mph. AI dives to the floor, ten feet away, in the blink of an eye.

TIA Gangsta
February 20th, 2007, 02:56 PM
It's too colorful, and too cute (not grotesque)? Meh, industrial pretty much is the word to describe how it should look.

In the game, Spartans can only sidestep at [what feels like] three mph. AI dives to the floor, ten feet away, in the blink of an eye.

Yeah, even Hunters can jump out of the way of a Ghost over and over faster than a Spartan.

And isn't it annoying how you can't actually run over a Grunt of a Jackel. I think running over an Elite is possible, but you need to be quick. The trick is to run it over as soon as it gets up from diving, before it has a chance to dive out of the way again.

Hurrvish
February 20th, 2007, 03:30 PM
heres my two pence :D

add more black to the ghost, not the entire thing, but just a little black. cuz that seems to suit brutes more

also, make the reaper about 3 times faster than the ghost, but with limited steering/ control

and one "cannon" under the front of the ghost that shoots out one overcharge.
lolz nub ideas >_>

Dole
February 20th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I would go for "slower than the Ghost with enhanced steering/control."

Edward Elrich
February 20th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Does the word "concept" mean anything to you? The pics are sketches/concept drawings of the vehicle. It'll probably look much better once it's ingame.

Hurrvish
February 20th, 2007, 08:19 PM
think about it, brutes crave for something destructive and fast (ie, brute plasma rifle) their nature is violent and unstable, and need something that perfectly suits them. something able to inflict large amounts of damage, but has something that counteracts the amount of damage

n00b1n8R
February 20th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Yeah, even Hunters can jump out of the way of a Ghost over and over faster than a Spartan.

And isn't it annoying how you can't actually run over a Grunt of a Jackel. I think running over an Elite is possible, but you need to be quick. The trick is to run it over as soon as it gets up from diving, before it has a chance to dive out of the way again.

am i the only one who gets more kills in the driver seat of a hog than 2 marines in gunner and passenger??? it's easy to run elites over, it's easy to run jackals over, it's easy to run grunts over, IT'S EASY TO RUN EVERYTHING, BAR HUNTERS, OVER.

you seem to be forgetting that ghosts can strafe. that is their single greatest ability (and mb their ability to have semi-controlled free-fall). you can strafe beside a hog and shoot it, you can strafe AROUND a hog and shoot it meaning that you can't be shot buy the gunner because of your stunn. that's why a ghost can often rape a tank.

grow some skill and give it a go please :)
it's alot of fun to!

In the game, Spartans can only sidestep at [what feels like] three mph.

that's just to make things abit more interesting :)
n00b out

TIA Gangsta
February 21st, 2007, 10:19 AM
am i the only one who gets more kills in the driver seat of a hog than 2 marines in gunner and passenger??? it's easy to run elites over, it's easy to run jackals over, it's easy to run grunts over, IT'S EASY TO RUN EVERYTHING, BAR HUNTERS, OVER.

you seem to be forgetting that ghosts can strafe. that is their single greatest ability (and mb their ability to have semi-controlled free-fall). you can strafe beside a hog and shoot it, you can strafe AROUND a hog and shoot it meaning that you can't be shot buy the gunner because of your stunn. that's why a ghost can often rape a tank.

grow some skill and give it a go please :)
it's alot of fun to!

that's just to make things abit more interesting :)
n00b out

As usual you fail to understand the post you were replying to and failed to read it properly.
I was talking about how hard it is to run over covenant in a GHOST. Of course it's easy in a hog because it doesn't float. And even with the straffing, it's still hard.
If anyone needs to "grow some skill" it's you who needs to grow some skill in reading.

itszutak
February 21st, 2007, 11:06 AM
Does the word "concept" mean anything to you? The pics are sketches/concept drawings of the vehicle. It'll probably look much better once it's ingame.
I'm sick of people using the "concept" excuse.

I'm suggesting ways to make the concept better. This is what concepts are for. You draw up an idea, people comment on it, and it's changed based on what the artist thinks could be changed.

Pooky
February 21st, 2007, 03:33 PM
<_<

I never have any problems running over Hunters, they always dodge out of the way, as do Elites, in the same horridly predictable patterns.

AAA
February 21st, 2007, 03:49 PM
heres my two pence :D

add more black to the ghost, not the entire thing, but just a little black. cuz that seems to suit brutes more

also, make the reaper about 3 times faster than the ghost, but with limited steering/ control

and one "cannon" under the front of the ghost that shoots out one overcharge.
lolz nub ideas >_>

I agree but, with twice as much speed as the ghost. because if it's slower and has more steering/control what's the point in all that control if you're going so slow?

n00b1n8R
February 21st, 2007, 04:02 PM
As usual you fail to understand the post you were replying to and failed to read it properly.
I was talking about how hard it is to run over covenant in a GHOST. Of course it's easy in a hog because it doesn't float. And even with the straffing, it's still hard.
If anyone needs to "grow some skill" it's you who needs to grow some skill in reading.

and again you fail by not being able to run them over. as metroid said, it's the same predictable animations, so you just have to time it, get them to dive, and crush them when they get up.

THEIR IS NOTHING EASIER/MORE FUN THAN RUNNING EVERYTHING OVER IN A GHOST WITH NO SHEILDS :D

n00b out

itszutak
February 21st, 2007, 08:26 PM
I can always crouch under ghosts. :)

Pooky
February 21st, 2007, 09:45 PM
The good old under-ghost crouch stick. Most satisfying kill EVER.

n00b1n8R
February 22nd, 2007, 12:28 AM
i can only crouch under ghosts if they have just come up a hill >.>

TIA Gangsta
February 22nd, 2007, 10:48 AM
and again you fail by not being able to run them over. as metroid said, it's the same predictable animations, so you just have to time it, get them to dive, and crush them when they get up.

THEIR IS NOTHING EASIER/MORE FUN THAN RUNNING EVERYTHING OVER IN A GHOST WITH NO SHEILDS :D

n00b out

Wtf was that first phrase all about? Wow, I bet you're real good at come backs aren't you?
And I've tested it tons of times and it's the fact that it's pretty hard to run over Elites with a GHOST. They just dive under the Ghost and because the Ghost takes a while to stop and change directions, by the time you're strafing to where they dived they're diving again.
Grunts and Jackels always duck under the Ghost.

n00b1n8R
February 22nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
no.

i've never seen a jackal duck under me, i've never seen a grunt jump under me. if you want, i'll make a nice video to show my point.

(but first i gota get up to AOTCR.. i've recently re-installed halo.. unless anybody knows the dev comand to get to a specific level?)
n00b out

Edward Elrich
February 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
No dev command needed. Type "map_name [map goes here]" without the quotes with console active (you can do this on Halo PC too, it's not a devmode-only thing.)

Master's edit. Before doing that, set your game difficulty by doing one of the following.

game_difficulty_set easy
game_difficulty_set normal
game_difficulty_set hard
game_difficulty_set impossible

demonmaster3k
February 22nd, 2007, 06:44 PM
i'm pretty sure it'll look better once it's modeled, but the concept drawing from photoshop looks like a little unrealistic(in reality objects do not have solid lines for contours, try using a difference in the value to get rid of the coloring-book look.) the shading's ok but it looks plastic rather than metallic, unless a plastic look is more what you were going for. for it to look more metallic, make more hilights using the dodge tool
also limited has a good point on gun mountage, but i think they sould be coming out from the part where the wing is connected to the front body, towards the bottom.

n00b1n8R
February 22nd, 2007, 11:27 PM
No dev command needed. Type "map_name [map goes here]" without the quotes with console active (you can do this on Halo PC too, it's not a devmode-only thing.)

Master's edit. Before doing that, set your game difficulty by doing one of the following.

game_difficulty_set easy
game_difficulty_set normal
game_difficulty_set hard
game_difficulty_set impossible

thanks masterz and edward :D

now does anybody know how to compress the movies fraps makes? their kinda obscenely huge >.>

and i don't mean just ziping/RARing :P
n00b out

Masterz1337
February 23rd, 2007, 12:07 AM
You can use windows movie maker.

n00b1n8R
February 23rd, 2007, 05:42 AM
^TY

why are all your posts getting flagged?

itszutak
February 23rd, 2007, 02:01 PM
Cause they're bad. :P

Arteen
February 23rd, 2007, 03:50 PM
why are all your posts getting flagged?
The flags usually mean "bad post," but with Masters, they just mean "bad poster." :p

n00b1n8R
February 23rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
mmhmm..

is he flagging them himself?

Masterz1337
February 23rd, 2007, 05:22 PM
I wish I could flag people. It's in my Sig.

n00b1n8R
February 23rd, 2007, 06:17 PM
no it's not >.>

Dole
February 24th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Yes it is, you just copy and paste it.

n00b1n8R
February 24th, 2007, 03:45 PM
what? masterz has no sig that i can see (or when i try to highlight it)

Edward Elrich
February 24th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Look, the posts work like this.

(Post goes here)

v A flagged post would look like this v

(post goes here.)

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/h2images/buttons/redcard.gif

In addition, the flag is a clickable link in a truly flagged post.
Now we can get back on topic, using PM's for stuff like this. Who really cares, anyway? If it's not you, it doesn't matter.

AAA
February 25th, 2007, 12:17 AM
So, the Reaper, any progress?

Edward Elrich
February 28th, 2007, 07:32 AM
I guess not.

Dole
February 28th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Stop posting in this thread.

DaneO'Roo
February 28th, 2007, 04:19 PM
wow, people are still posting in here?

Ok, heres the deal:

The old ghost, you can duck under, this one, you cannot. This ghost, will be able to damage vehicles when running into them, the old ghost doesn't. It will also be faster to counter the fact that it doesn't have guns AT THE MOMENT.

The concept was old, i did it yonks ago, and the reason i made it red was because the Brute PR was red, so i thought i'd make the brute ghost red. But NOW, judging from the Halo 3 Videos, It's black/purple.

And yes, seeing as brutes quite often use blades on everything, I'm almost certain the brute ghost will have blades on it somewhere. And honestly, why would bungie make 2 ghosts that both shoot guns? My guess, the original ghost is NOT the counter for the atv, given the atv is much faster. I think the brute ghost, won't have weapons, and will be 2 seater, much like the mongoose, might not be as fast, but the ability to "decapitate" all who are riding the mongoose (because the riders are unprotected). It just doesn't make sense that bungie would have 2 of the same vehicle in the game, and the only difference really is aesthetical.

and btw, the actual ghost in progress is going to have 2 seats, so the second person on board uses their own gun. And it's goign to be much bulkier and thicker then the old ghost. I respect all the criticism, and it has helped alot, but now your all saying the same stuff over and over again :/

n00b1n8R
March 1st, 2007, 02:01 AM
or perhaps they'll stop with all the counter the covenant/human weapons bullshit and make unique weapons like in H1?

AAA
March 1st, 2007, 12:35 PM
well, it being more bulky would fit the concept that brutes made it...I like the progress:) I'm satisfied

Edward Elrich
March 4th, 2007, 09:46 PM
I like it too. Since this is going to be the only time (unofficially) the Brutes and Elites fight side-by-side, it makes sense the Brutes have their own vehicle, meaning the Elites alone get the Ghosts, when needed. Also, can't wait to see what's done with this for H2Vista, like what's added/improved on.

AAA
March 26th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Update, mb?

Dole
March 26th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Stop bumping, you dick. This is the third time you've dredged up this thread, alone.
If you really care about a vehicle whose model has never been made public or even hinted at, do so in a PM.

Masterz1337
March 26th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Right now, it has been cancelled due to the amount of time we have before h2v comes out. The brutes may just get a recolored ghost, that shoots brute plasma at a slower rate than the normal ghosts for the SPV2.

Pooky
March 26th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Right now, it has been cancelled due to the amount of time we have before h2v comes out. The brutes may just get a recolored ghost, that shoots brute plasma at a slower rate than the normal ghosts for the SPV2.

Shoots spikes with less of an aiming angle plz

Hurrvish
March 26th, 2007, 07:29 PM
who cares about the release of h2v? like rossmum said, just finish the damn thing, these deadlines are killing the quality of cmt's work. no one's pushing you guys to quickly finish up what you have right now. im sure that therell be lots more people wholl stick with ce rather than move onto halo 2 vista.

Masterz1337
March 26th, 2007, 08:12 PM
We care about the release of h2v. You think we want to still be using the h1 engine when we can use a nice new one, that we have never explored before?

I_Am_Error117
March 26th, 2007, 08:26 PM
even if H2V is released before SP v2, we will be happoer because we have a more complete mod so take your time

Hurrvish
March 26th, 2007, 08:26 PM
you still have time. no one is going to expect cmt to whip out new maps, full throttle, a few weeks after h2v comes out, right? youve still got to tie up what you started in halo ce. once youve got that secured, then you should go ahead and make h2v maps. no ones going to complain if you dont make the maps for h2v soon enough. but people are going to complain if you guys did a crap-tastic job on SPv2

I_Am_Error117
March 26th, 2007, 08:28 PM
you still have time. no one is going to expect cmt to whip out new maps, full throttle, a few weeks after h2v comes out, right? youve still got to tie up what you started in halo ce. once youve got that secured, then you should go ahead and make h2v maps. no ones going to complain if you dont make the maps for h2v soon enough. but people are going to complain if you guys did a crap-tastic job on SPv2

Quoted for truth. :)

Masterz1337
March 26th, 2007, 09:05 PM
We don't just mod and make maps for you, we make them to have fun creating the content. None of us want to stay on CE when we can be using h2V, we're tired of a 6 year old game, that we have been modding for 3 years. We won't turn out "crap maps" for SPv2, but we are and will cut things to get it out so we can start playing with H2V.

The day we work to please people other than ourselves is the day this stops being a hobby, and is a job (except with no pay :()

AAA
March 26th, 2007, 09:16 PM
We don't just mod and make maps for you, we make them to have fun creating the content. None of us want to stay on CE when we can be using h2V, we're tired of a 6 year old game, that we have been modding for 3 years. We won't turn out "crap maps" for SPv2, but we are and will cut things to get it out so we can start playing with H2V.

The day we work to please people other than ourselves is the day this stops being a hobby, and is a job (except with no pay :()

although....you really should get paid for your services ;) You guys are goood at what you do.

Now all you need to do is is make things, not for Halo, but your own agme that you can actually make money off of as well as this game does.

back on subject, the reaper will not have those blades to 'em? and they will be released? just as a regular red one with different globals and prejectiles?........okay...

Pooky
March 26th, 2007, 09:22 PM
although....you really should get paid for your services ;) You guys are goood at what you do.

Now all you need to do is is make things, not for Halo, but your own agme that you can actually make money off of as well as this game does.

back on subject, the reaper will not have those blades to 'em? and they will be released? just as a regular red one with different globals and prejectiles?........okay...

No. Needs spikes <.<

rossmum
March 27th, 2007, 07:45 AM
We care about the release of h2v. You think we want to still be using the h1 engine when we can use a nice new one, that we have never explored before?
No reason to rush work so it comes out sub-standard. Who cares if nobody else has used H2V, CMT doesn't need to be the first to release on it and you should see that. You guys are well enough known without doing that, and I'd hate to see you just dump all your CE stuff into a half-assed release just because H2V is coming out.

Finish what you start.

Hurrvish
March 27th, 2007, 08:38 AM
No reason to rush work so it comes out sub-standard. Who cares if nobody else has used H2V, CMT doesn't need to be the first to release on it and you should see that. You guys are well enough known without doing that, and I'd hate to see you just dump all your CE stuff into a half-assed release just because H2V is coming out.

Finish what you start.

QFT. what i said :D

Pooky
March 27th, 2007, 10:13 AM

Finish what you start.

Also quoted for truth.

AAA
March 27th, 2007, 10:53 AM

Finish what you start.

Amen.

Hurrvish
March 27th, 2007, 03:30 PM
instead of "qft"ing, i say we make a public poll. see what they think.

Masterz1337
March 27th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Well, it wouldn't matter, because to be frank, we do what we want to do, we don't serve any of you or owe you anything. And we don't care about being the "first" to release on vista, we mod for fun.

Phopojijo
March 27th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Well, it wouldn't matter, because to be frank, we do what we want to do, we don't serve any of you or owe you anything. And we don't care about being the "first" to release on vista, we mod for fun.And for all the hot girls...

... what? Works for CliffyB (http://www.cliffyb.com/).

CabooseJr
June 21st, 2007, 04:43 PM
Any news on this bad boy?

Elite Killa
June 21st, 2007, 04:52 PM
Nice bumpage ftw!

I think it got cancelled though.

Haloking365
June 21st, 2007, 06:26 PM
Nice bumpage ftw!

I think it got cancelled though.
Actually, Masterz said he was going to use a darker ghost as a replacement, and never really said what was going on with it. Because teh lag redid the tags and freed up like 3/4 of the tagspace, it could actually work....

AAA
June 21st, 2007, 06:42 PM
Actually, Masterz said he was going to use a darker ghost as a replacement, and never really said what was going on with it. Because teh lag redid the tags and freed up like 3/4 of the tagspace, it could actually work....

I have been wanting to see that bad boy in game.....Those blades were KICK. ASS.

Hotrod
June 21st, 2007, 07:43 PM
It did look very cool, but how would it work in-game? Is it possible to make the blades actually damage vehicles?

Dole
June 21st, 2007, 08:01 PM
Needs to be cross-referenced with the Chopper before any work actually goes into modeling this, if this ever gets farther than a concept.

Warsaw
June 22nd, 2007, 12:24 PM
Looks like a Brute version of the Ghost (if that hasn't been stated already).

AAA
June 22nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
Looks like a Brute version of the Ghost (if that hasn't been stated already).

(It has)

So.....why is it taking any of the CMT members to reply to this? do they have to discuss whether or not they should or shouldn't? and ity's taking so long to do that considering Masterz has to build a new comp?

Masterz1337
June 22nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
It's been cut long ago.

Warsaw
June 22nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
Thank the Lord, I found that thing to be ugly (no offense, just my opinion).

Edward Elrich
June 27th, 2007, 08:45 PM
So are Brutes. I think that was the point.

Warsaw
June 28th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Yes, they are as well, but the vehicle looked ugly even for a Brute vehicle to me.

SgtBotley
June 29th, 2007, 07:29 AM
any updates on this beast?

looks pretty delish to me :D

Sunray
June 29th, 2007, 08:06 AM
any updates on this beast?

looks pretty delish to me :D

It's been cut long ago..