PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Children

Xegrot
May 27th, 2008, 07:00 PM
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2729/displacemeon9.jpg

http://www.invisiblechildren.com/home.php

Invisible Children Inc. is an organization founded by filmmakers Jason Russell, Bobby Bailey, and Laren Poole from San Diego, California, USA. Their goal is to create awareness regarding the plight of the people of Northern Uganda, caught in the midst of a civil war between the government and Joseph Kony's Lord's Resistance Army, a rebel group that makes extensive use of kidnapping children and making child soldiers. Invisible Children Inc. was started after the founders had created a documentary film on the subject, also called Invisible Children: Rough Cut. The organization was started in an attempt to give people a way to easily help with the situation in Northern Uganda, after viewing the film.

I'm not sure many of you know about this, but a few months ago, Invisible Children Inc. came to my school in SoCal and showed us this film. I found it appauling and unacceptable. And this is happening right now. There are many people who do not know about this (partially overshadowed by 9/11; the kidnappings started in 2002) and there's IS something that can be done.

There have been fundraisers, trips, and even full scale events to create a better Uganda, not just for the people, but for the children. I have been wanting to go to one of the events featured on the front page, called Displace Me, where people from all over the world go out and sleep in the streets, parks, etc. of their cities to experience what the children of Uganda do every night: travel nearly 20 miles to the bigger cities where they may sleep and not fear being kidnapped.

Please note that I won't tollorate any racial jokes, AIDS jokes, steryotyping, etc. This subject is serious and should be treated with respect. If you wish, go ahead and visit the website. There's a load of stuff you can learn there. Thanks.

-Xegrot

Xegrot
May 27th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Bump.

Bodzilla
May 28th, 2008, 03:05 AM
you only waited like 3 hours :|

This is terrible, however they wont ever get help on the scale they need to fix this.
simply because theres not enough profit in it for any other country to bother helping them.

Tweek
May 28th, 2008, 09:15 AM
i don't really care about this stuff.

it's bad yup, but i don't give a doo-doo

Sel
May 28th, 2008, 05:51 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Con
May 28th, 2008, 06:03 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth.
good, now there's room for my co-

anyway, I'm with tweek

Heathen
May 29th, 2008, 01:47 AM
I gotta agree. While you may feel bad, its not your fault.

I like thinking of it as such: "Why fix what you didn't break?"

Besides, they could just raise those invisible children into invisible supersouldiers. What of a war then, eh? http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/happy/happy0009.gif (http://www.generalfinancecentre.com)

nooBBooze
May 30th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Plenty of them are soldiers already.

Heathen
May 30th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Make Spartan Warriors?

Sel
May 30th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I knew it, africa is planning to invade :o

Cortexian
May 31st, 2008, 04:20 AM

Agree.

My personal opinion is that it's their Country, if they want to rip it apart and plunge it into Chaos, let them. It will eventually die and be reborn better.

Tweek
May 31st, 2008, 09:33 AM
hey, i'm all for killing all of afrika entirely, so we can start using that land properly, and nog have sum silly bumfukin going DIS BE MAH SAND.

not like they're using it.

Mass
May 31st, 2008, 09:53 AM
hey, i'm all for killing all of afrika entirely, so we can start using that land properly, and nog have sum silly bumfukin going DIS BE MAH SAND.

not like they're using it.
How about us North Americans just colonize Europe and destroy your infrastructure, draw a bunch of obscenely irrational borders, give competing aid packages so that you're armed to the teeth, make you fight for a century to make us leave, and by then we'll have dumped so much hate and armament into you a disease epidemic can hardly hurt, right?

Damn, I wish we had some sort of previous event to know how that would turn out.

Tweek
May 31st, 2008, 02:34 PM
or we can just spread sum disease :P

nooBBooze
June 1st, 2008, 01:59 AM
How about us North Americans just colonize Europe and destroy your infrastructure, draw a bunch of obscenely irrational borders, give competing aid packages so that you're armed to the teeth, make you fight for a century to make us leave, and by then we'll have dumped so much hate and armament into you a disease epidemic can hardly hurt, right?

Also, dictators :eng101:

jngrow
June 1st, 2008, 09:52 PM

Damn, I wish we had some sort of previous event to know how that would turn out.

This.
I'm not sure if everyone here knows WHY Africa is so fucked up.

Heathen
June 2nd, 2008, 12:46 AM
Dont say anything about it being because their black :/

Terin
June 2nd, 2008, 12:50 AM
I think he means

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7452/imperialismss1.png

mb?

Tweek
June 2nd, 2008, 02:43 AM
This.
I'm not sure if everyone here knows WHY Africa is so fucked up.

because it's full of stupid niggers :3

nooBBooze
June 2nd, 2008, 10:25 AM
Oh I'm sure if they had an equivalent to our Fertile Crescent, they would have exploited our European asses and the Americans would speack Suaheli now.

Heathen
June 2nd, 2008, 04:10 PM
Damn.....I got tweek Banned

ultama121
June 2nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
Did you use some h4x or sumthin? :-3

Heathen
June 3rd, 2008, 06:58 PM
lol, I made him be racist.