PDA

View Full Version : please help i am new!!!!!!!!!!1

Ash3008
May 29th, 2008, 08:40 PM
hello could some one please help me i am very new to editing halo and stuff like that and don't no wat i'm doing

itszutak
May 29th, 2008, 08:41 PM
First off, get rid of the font, stop using exclamation points, and put effort and punctuation into your posts.

Also, try www.halomods.com to learn how to start editing halo.

Bastinka
May 29th, 2008, 08:42 PM
halomaps.org
look at tutorials if you want to learn how to map.

Corndogman
May 29th, 2008, 08:47 PM
yes halomaps.org is the better place for you, we are more friendly to the new people and theres lots of tutorials there.

Ash3008
May 29th, 2008, 08:48 PM
First off, get rid of the font, stop using exclamation points, and put effort and punctuation into your posts.

Also, try www.halomods.com (http://www.halomods.com) to learn how to start editing halo.
ok thanks

Ash3008
May 29th, 2008, 08:53 PM
i went into halomods.com but i didn't know what i was doing

Bastinka
May 29th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Don't double post, also post in regular font, none of us that I know are reading impaired. Do you have any common sense at all?

Lunatic
May 29th, 2008, 09:55 PM

Also, try www.halomods.com (http://www.halomods.com) to learn how to start editing halo.

There is font for a reason. He can use it how he likes.

kid908
May 29th, 2008, 10:01 PM

no it's for making things such as key points and important stuff noticable. not to make a ridiculous post...and it would help to look in tutorial section

Zeph
May 29th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Ash, please use proper grammar if you want to continue posting on this forum. Halo modding is vast and very few people do everything possible. For us to help you best, we need to know what you are wanting to do first. Do you want to make new maps? Make new weapons or change them around?

Arteen
May 29th, 2008, 10:04 PM
He can use whatever font he likes, but that doesn't mean that other posters will find it pleasant to read.

Lunatic
May 29th, 2008, 10:10 PM
He can use whatever font he likes, but that doesn't mean that other posters will find it pleasant to read.

Arteen, I getcha point. Srry guys, just I have seen this outbreak on other forums. Font.

Heathen
May 29th, 2008, 10:23 PM
why'd he get a warning? I personally was going to do the same thing......without the common sense crack :/

Bastinka
May 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM
No it wasn't really mean but if he went to the site and said he doesn't know what hes doing I thought 'well ok apparently he cant see whats right in front of him, or he doesnt know how to browse through a website' I didn't mean to intend a pun, sorry if I did but hey lots of other things worse go unaccounted for so I guess it's only fair that I get slapped for it.

t3h m00kz
May 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM
If you're looking to change around how weapons work open up Guerilla and look at the weapon tags and do what you want with them... mapping's all on you 'cause I don't know crap about it

Heathen
May 29th, 2008, 11:53 PM
No it wasn't really mean but if he went to the site and said he doesn't know what hes doing I thought 'well ok apparently he cant see whats right in front of him, or he doesnt know how to browse through a website' I didn't mean to intend a pun, sorry if I did but hey lots of other things worse go unaccounted for so I guess it's only fair that I get slapped for it.

wut Mr. Marley?

Ash3008
May 30th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Ash, please use proper grammar if you want to continue posting on this forum. Halo modding is vast and very few people do everything possible. For us to help you best, we need to know what you are wanting to do first. Do you want to make new maps? Make new weapons or change them around?

I would like to know how to get the program that allows me to type stuff while in the game to reset or shoot through walls or complete invicability somthing like that

ICEE
May 30th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Whoah triple post. You should use the edit feature next time.

Here you go: http://hce.halomaps.org/
That site has just about everything you need. Just use the search bar. Also this program is the one that allows you to use cheats.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1099

when you run this while playing halo ce, press the ~ key in the upper left corner of your keyboard and the word HALO. should appear in pink in the lower left corner of the screen. This means your in console mode, when your in console you can type the following commands to turn on or off cheats:

Cheat_deathless_player 1 (this one makes you invincible)
Cheat_deathless_player 0 (this one takes away invincibility)
cheat_all_weapons (spawns weapons)
cheat_all_vehicles (spawns vehicles)
cheat_bump_possession 1 (turns possession mode on. You can control any character you touch while this is on)
cheat_bump_possession 0 (turns possession off)
cheat_bottomless_clip 1 (never need to reload)
cheat_super_jump 1 (increases jump height, make sure to use the jetpack cheat too!)
cheat_jetpack 1 (you wont be hurt by falls)

there, thats a pretty good list. There are many many more commands though, but these are the most useful as cheats.

For a complete list of cheats, open the console, type cheat and press tab instead of enter. this brings up a list.

Ash3008
May 30th, 2008, 08:03 PM
wow thankx i'll try it now

Gamerkd16
May 30th, 2008, 08:05 PM
shoot through walls
I don't recall a console command for that.

Ash3008
May 30th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Whoah triple post. You should use the edit feature next time.

Here you go: http://hce.halomaps.org/
That site has just about everything you need. Just use the search bar. Also this program is the one that allows you to use cheats.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1099

when you run this while playing halo ce, press the ~ key in the upper left corner of your keyboard and the word HALO. should appear in pink in the lower left corner of the screen. This means your in console mode, when your in console you can type the following commands to turn on or off cheats:

Cheat_deathless_player 1 (this one makes you invincible)
Cheat_deathless_player 0 (this one takes away invincibility)
cheat_all_weapons (spawns weapons)
cheat_all_vehicles (spawns vehicles)
cheat_bump_possession 1 (turns possession mode on. You can control any character you touch while this is on)
cheat_bump_possession 0 (turns possession off)
cheat_bottomless_clip 1 (never need to reload)
cheat_super_jump 1 (increases jump height, make sure to use the jetpack cheat too!)
cheat_jetpack 1 (you wont be hurt by falls)

there, thats a pretty good list. There are many many more commands though, but these are the most useful as cheats.

For a complete list of cheats, open the console, type cheat and press tab instead of enter. this brings up a list.

well the deathless player isn't working and when i do super jump i go up but when i'm coming down it gets all glitchy and jumpy

Gamerkd16
May 30th, 2008, 08:22 PM
well the deathless player isn't working and when i do super jump i go up but when i'm coming down it gets all glitchy and jumpy
If you don't want glitchy, host your own server. Because you CANNOT do an actual super jump in someone else's server unless they have it turned on themselves. It may look like your jumping, but it's really just lagging the client side to catch up with the server.

For deathless, I don't know, make sure you are typing in:
cheat_deathless_player 1

A space before the "1". I think typing "true" works too. Since they are both boolean values.

ICEE
May 30th, 2008, 08:31 PM
If you don't want glitchy, host your own server. Because you CANNOT do an actual super jump in someone else's server unless they have it turned on themselves. It may look like your jumping, but it's really just lagging the client side to catch up with the server.

For deathless, I don't know, make sure you are typing in:
cheat_deathless_player 1

A space before the "1". I think typing "true" works too. Since they are both boolean values.

Correct

@ ash

None of the cheats I gave you work properly in other people's servers. Use them in your own servers or in SP maps.

p0lar_bear
May 31st, 2008, 03:05 AM

Halo's network coding is entirely server-authorative; that means the server controls all aspects of the game. The only way cheats will work is if the host has them enabled, and even then they affect all players.

Keep in mind that this is about the only exception we make to our no cheating rule here, due to how you can't cheat in online play in Halo; if you had asked for a trainer like this for any other game, you would have gotten an infraction for it.

On another note, if you would like to actually start creating content for Halo Custom Edition, we have a list of tutorials and resources at http://www.h2ek.com/resources/hce-tutorials/

Pooky
May 31st, 2008, 03:53 AM
you can't cheat in online play in Halo

Uh... :eyesroll:

t3h m00kz
May 31st, 2008, 05:40 AM
wireframe... aimbots. etc.

NOT THAT I BOT

THOUGH A LOT OF PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO THINK SO, GOSH DARN

The1[Aaron]
May 31st, 2008, 07:44 AM
Don't double post, also post in regular font, none of us that I know are reading impaired. Do you have any common sense at all?

i think those kinda fonts are worse for those with reading imparements... you'd need a larger font... :S and... this might be a good time to have some sticky threads to usefull links, tutorials and what not to helping the community grow instead of putting it down... that being said there should be less threads like this... and maybe put it in the... *cough agreement cough* and have it in caps in the sticky to grab people's attention... just an idea...

p0lar_bear
May 31st, 2008, 11:03 AM
Uh... :eyesroll:

Those are hacks, not cheats. Big difference; hacks are external, cheats are internal.

Chainsy
May 31st, 2008, 11:53 AM
Unlimited flashlight works online I think....

ICEE
May 31st, 2008, 12:41 PM
Unlimited flashlight works online I think....

Because everyone loves that cheat! :rolleyes:

Gamerkd16
May 31st, 2008, 01:58 PM
;261559']a good time to have some sticky threads to usefull links, tutorials and what not to helping the community grow instead of putting it down...
I doubt any newcomers would read the stickies. Look around, they don't read the rules. They just come in here desperate for help, with obnoxious titles, and without searching around first. Stickies seem like they would be ineffective.

Yeah, I hardly think people use the flashlight as much in multiplayer as opposed to single player.

The1[Aaron]
May 31st, 2008, 06:15 PM
well in that case why not...
re do the forums so the thread is instead of being created. it is sent to a mod or admin. they decide whether it gets posted or not for anyone who has joined within the last... month...
after that point threads get posted auto.

that way the admin or mod gets a chance to tell off new users by posting a pm to there account when they havn't followed the rules. lol if that idea was put into use so many people would get hell cut with me. but... might work.

Heathen
May 31st, 2008, 11:02 PM
Besides.... Its not cheating....Its not ranked so it really doesent matter.

Chainsy
May 31st, 2008, 11:17 PM
Wasnt saying it was used often, just saying it can be done, so cheating is possible, no matter how small...And in the darker maps flashlights can be a valuable asset.