PDA

View Full Version : [strike]Crysis[/strike] Crisis

Skyline
June 4th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Today, I went out and bought Crysis.

I don't know what happened but about 30 mins into playing it, I heard a loud noice coming from my computer, at first I thought it was nothing but it became louder so I checked everything and even replaced some parts but then I came to my gfx card. I have a 8600 GTS 256MB, I noticed there was a little crack but when I took it out. The fan was cracked completely in half and the only thing keeping it togather was the sticker on the fan. So I guess you can say Crysis caused my gfx card to explode D:. The sad part is I think I only had a year warranty on it which would have made it end last week.

Patrickssj6
June 4th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I overclocked my 8600GT...~30fps on Medium.

Sucks for you I guess. I wouldn't blame it on Crysis though...every game that would make your gfx card at 100% could have done this. ^^

Zeph
June 4th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Your GPU fan lost structural integrity? For something like that you can probably still get an RMA if it's really close to your warranty expiring. You could even get away with it by saying you bought it 10 or 11 months ago as you haven't registered it.

Amit
June 4th, 2008, 11:20 PM
My goodness, faulty manufacturing. What brand was it?

Mr Buckshot
June 5th, 2008, 01:54 AM
I didn't know they made such poor quality GPU fans that are capable of being fractured by high speed/heat.

Use the warranty, if not, buy another fan separately.

FireDragon04
June 5th, 2008, 06:15 AM
I overclocked my 8600GT...~30fps on Medium.

Sucks for you I guess. I wouldn't blame it on Crysis though...every game that would make your gfx card at 100% could have done this. ^^
While been slightly off-topic...
You have a 8600GT and you only get 30fps on medium? I get a stable 60 on medium with my 8600GT, And i only have 2GB RAM and a 2.6GHZ Dual Core.

On topic more...
This sucks, Crysis was dubbed the 'system killer' in case of specs...but this is....REAL :XD:

Patrickssj6
June 5th, 2008, 09:34 AM
While been slightly off-topic...
You have a 8600GT and you only get 30fps on medium? I get a stable 60 on medium with my 8600GT, And i only have 2GB RAM and a 2.6GHZ Dual Core.

Aeh I guessed 30 fps...it really depends what level...could be higher. Also, my friend runs a 7950GT and he gets way higher fps than I do. I have 2GB and 2.0 (clocked to 2.5GHz) Dual Core as well but the memory clock and l1,2,3,4-caches are important.

Skyline
June 5th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Your GPU fan lost structural integrity? For something like that you can probably still get an RMA if it's really close to your warranty expiring. You could even get away with it by saying you bought it 10 or 11 months ago as you haven't registered it.
They ask for your receipt, which has the date on it.

Pictures.
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/34/img3616bx0.jpghttp://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3063/craked2yu3.jpg

Limited
June 5th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Ouuuuuuuuuch. All my gfx cards, the GPU fans have broken, definitely not snapped/cracked like yours, but the fans are what bring it down too =\

Sucks that it is just out of warranty, just try to plea with them. If it really looks like your not going to get one, just say that you are totally disgraced with the way they treat loyal customers and say that you are going to stop buying their products as they are faulty/unreliable. You never know, could get you a replacement. Has done for my in the past.

Skyline
June 5th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Well right now I am waiting to see if they are going to accept it or not.