PDA

View Full Version : WALL-E!!

Llama Juice
June 9th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I'm actually excited for this movie.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/08/watch-a-scene-from-pixars-wall-e/

Those crazy Pixar kids amaze me. They can take a robot... something that we can't really identify with and make it not only entertaining, but cute as hell.

nooBBooze
June 9th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I smell typical Disney-schemes :/
I might watch it though. It could be intresting up to the point they pick up one of those ridicoulous love subplots and the undodgable final boss fight.

Llama Juice
June 9th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Are you suggesting that the typical Disney schemes don't work?

I mean... honestly has Pixar made a bad film yet?

Rob Oplawar
June 9th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I'm excited to see it. I pretty much don't give a shit about the story- this one's all about the animation for me. Because the animation looks exquisite. It's right up my alley... ;D
Plus I watch every Pixar movie just out of principle, to support/learn about one of my potential career paths.

klange
June 9th, 2008, 05:29 PM
*reviews list of Pixar movies*
No... Even their sequels are good!

LlamaMaster
June 9th, 2008, 05:31 PM
The movie looks awesome. The rendering and texturing are top notch. That in itself makes me want to see it.

ultama121
June 9th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Yeah, it looks pretty awesome.

Con
June 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I saw the preview at the theatre and thought it looked awesome.

Syuusuke
June 9th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Same here (and I was going to watch Harold and Kumar 2)

Cute.

jngrow
June 10th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Yeah, looked pretty good, saw the preview before Kung Fu Panda (pleasantly surprisingly better than i though it would be.)

nooBBooze
June 10th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Are you suggesting that the typical Disney schemes don't work?

I was in no way implying that. They DO work.
Over.

and.

over.

again.

Rob Oplawar
June 10th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I was in no way implying that. They DO work.
Over.

and.

over.

again.

^ XD
also, this.

I looked more closely at the trailer and watched that preview scene, and it looks a little overcutesified for my taste, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised in the least. But the animation and rendering looks like it'll be worth the row of first graders who will be sitting behind me, throwing their Skittles at me, kicking my seat, laughing way too hard at the funny parts and screaming their heads off before and after the movie.

paladin
June 10th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Ive wanted to see this since the first 30 second clip from like 8 months ago.

Llama Juice
June 10th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Yea, the first time I saw something of it was at a presentation that a guy from Pixar did at my school... (he graduated from my school... so he's like family or something)

that was back in... November I think...

At the time, he couldn't show much from Wall-e.. but it was rather epic all the same.

TeeKup
June 10th, 2008, 08:34 PM
HE LOOKS LIKE ROB!! :D

I love Pixar all their movies are great. One thing that makes them great is the way they work their comedy in, it isn't profane and its still hilarious.

Hotrod
June 10th, 2008, 09:15 PM
After seeing that clip, I really want to see it now. Like you guys have said, Pixar has never made a bad movie, and I guess that will be the case here as well, it will be good.

Pooky
June 10th, 2008, 10:58 PM

Yes. I don't even know where to start.

Almost all their recent films have felt to me like nothing more than rushed money grabs with some nice visuals :\

The only thing I've liked from them in a long time was Cars, and even that felt rushed.