PDA

View Full Version : Am I forgetting something?

Rob Oplawar
June 10th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Ok, I've got a serious problem with remembering to do shit.
At 12:30 I was thinking "I have to go to this training meeting in 30 minutes." At 1:00 I was thinking "gosh I'm bored, I wish I had something better to be doing right now." At 1:30 I was thinking "Jeez I'm bored, but there's really nothing for me to be doing right now."
I don't know what it was that finally reminded me, but I didn't remember on my own. But seriously, this is the second time I've missed this training meeting, I always forget to remind dad of anything at all when we're driving home (get subwoofer fixed, pick up groceries, fill tank with gas, etc). I know I forgot something this weekend, but I can't remember what it was.

And then there's the exams... the THREE exams I spaced. THREE. I failed one class and barely scraped by with a D in the other two because I FORGOT TO GO TO THE FUCKING MIDTERMS. What the hell is wrong with my brain?! I think I have a verifiable legitimate memory disorder. I cannot for the life of me remember to do things at specific times.

Got into the shower this morning thinking "gotta shave, gotta shave..." but I only just now remembered that I forgot to shave.

I know everybody's forgetful and nobody can remember everything, but Jesus, I forget everything that's got a date and time associated with it.

AAARRRGG THAT'S FRUSTRATING!

Seriously, if I ever get engaged, I'm gonna be one of those guys who wakes up an hour after the wedding with this nagging feeling that they're forgetting something, but shrugs it off and goes on with the day like normal.
But that's assuming I even remember to go on any dates with the girl first.

Sel
June 10th, 2008, 03:07 PM
If you forget about your wife/girlfriend it wont matter, because all women dont matter :downs:

Rob Oplawar
June 10th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Maybe that's why I feel like I've been single so long- it's not because I haven't been going out with any girls, it's because I can't remember going out with any of them.

... Or I just haven't been going out with any girls. :P

Sever
June 10th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Write it down. Use a wall calendar and place it in a location that you pass frequently, and make it a habit to update and check it regularly. If you are going out and have things on it that need to be done while you are out, transcribe those items and keep the new list with you. It works, trust me.

Stormwing
June 10th, 2008, 03:12 PM
write out everything you have to do on post-its and stick em all over your computer and desk and walls.

I constantly forget until the last second but I think the post its could help.

Rob Oplawar
June 10th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I tried the post its. I have a pad of post its next to my computer, and I've only ever used a couple out of the whole pad. I can never remember to remind myself. And I tried forming better habits, but in order to form a habit you have to remember to be habitual. I can't remember to do something frequently enough to form a habit, at least, not deliberately. It's a vicious cycle.
But one thing I do do habitually is make internet rounds. What I need to do is find and sign up for a good calendar/to-do list service and work it into my daily rounds. Part of my rounds habit is inspecting my bookmarks, so if I bookmark it in the right place, it should fall right into my existing habits...

But I tried that, with google's calendar stuff. It's too inconvenient- I'm never online when I get something that I need to remember to do.
So I need something that's good like that and that integrates smoothly and easily with a cell phone or PDA.
Now if only I could remember to actually write down reminders...

Kornman00
June 10th, 2008, 04:00 PM
You forget that much :o?

I'm sorry to hear :(. Have you ever had a concussion? Uh, on second thought, ask your parents that question, I get the feeling you won't, heh, remember ;x.

DaneO'Roo
June 10th, 2008, 04:09 PM
http://www.deviantyouth.com/images/demotivation/demo-dishes.jpg

That.

Rob Oplawar
June 10th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Actually, I've suffered numerous concussions in the past (most of them from snowboarding late-season, when the snow melts and then refreezes into ice). Come to think of it, the first concussion (that I remember) was just before the first midterm that I forgot...

btw, protip: wear a helmet, kids. I have no doubt that I'd be either dead or a vegetable without mine.

ima_from_America
June 10th, 2008, 04:13 PM
This.
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/rro/lowres/rron319l.jpg
Anyway, you might want to make a list of everything you want to do, and stick it in your pocket.

Rob Oplawar
June 10th, 2008, 04:17 PM
And then the next time I did my laundry, I'd empty my pockets and go "ohhh yeah, that's where I put that list."

Bodzilla
June 10th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I just forgot to wake up and go to work.

>_<

back later. working :|
my head hurts.

Zeph
June 10th, 2008, 05:20 PM
http://www.brownbatterystudios.com/sixthings/images/tutorial06/final.jpg

LlamaMaster
June 10th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Put the note somewhere extremely obvious, like...your shirt or something. That way everytime you go to the bathroom/look in a mirror you will remind yourself. If that doesn't work, write on your hand? Whatever you do, just make a reminder the moment theres something to remember. THE MOMENT!

itszutak
June 10th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Go to a doctor.

Memory loss that bad is worrying. Tell the doctor everything, and see what they can do about it, or at least find out what it is.

Has your memory always been this bad?

Limited
June 10th, 2008, 05:51 PM
You need structure, a routine.

Heathen
June 10th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Write on your hand or on your stomach above your crotch. I pee often so I write on those two and I see it when I pee.

I have a horrible memory also.

Rob Oplawar
June 10th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I'm going to have to get tattoos, so I can keep from forgetting the important facts:

Fact 1: Yes, Halo 3 already came out, and yes, it was good.
Fact 2: No, you never did finish BCE.
Fact 3: Peanuts are tasty, but they make you barf, cause you're allergic, numbnuts.
Fact 4: You like the internet.

etc.

Corndogman
June 10th, 2008, 11:42 PM
damn, i was going to make a joke about BCE but you beat me to it :mad:

Atty
June 10th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I meant to post something that would help you but I forgot.

Bodzilla
June 11th, 2008, 02:01 AM
I'm going to have to get tattoos, so I can keep from forgetting the important facts:

Fact 1: Yes, Halo 3 already came out, and yes, it was good.
Fact 2: No, you never did finish BCE.
Fact 3: Peanuts are tasty, but they make you barf, cause you're allergic, numbnuts.
Fact 4: You like the internet.

etc.
Fact 5: He's using your memory loss to make you suck his dick.
/derrick humor

But seriously rob i need your sonic boom alarm clock. i just checked my alarm clock, and it was set to the right time and it had gone off at least 3 times.

Sever
June 11th, 2008, 05:46 AM
I believe that Rob has already completed BCE, but has forgotten the whole experience, and stashed all of the files in the directory folders of a recently-uninstalled program. Nice going, Rob, way to sabatoge your own work.

Llama Juice
June 11th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Hang a whiteboard on the back of your bedroom or front door.

write what you need... and you'll atleast be reminded when you're leaving...

I kept forgetting my school ID so I put a postit note on my steering wheel with a very crude drawing of my school ID+lanyard. That way when I get in my car I always check to see if I have it.

Now, it's weird because even if I'm not going to school I'll still habitually check and then laugh about it.

Rob Oplawar
June 11th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I'll have to get a polaroid camera and take pictures of where I live and who I meet so I don't forget them.

http://www.modacity.net/forums/images/customavatars/avatar57_12.gif
Zeph - he's quiet and takes pictures, or something
http://www.modacity.net/forums/images/customavatars/avatar79_2.gif
Ltd. - watch out, he tries to pull "surprise sex"
http://www.modacity.net/forums/images/customavatars/avatar466_7.gif
Bod - Don't listen to his lies. He's the one. Kill him.

e: owait, I already made a Memento joke. I forgot.