PDA

View Full Version : New halo novel?

343guiltymc
June 17th, 2008, 02:06 PM
http://halo2.filefront.com/news/Halo_The_Cole_Protocol_New_Novel;38803
Is this true?

dg
June 17th, 2008, 02:12 PM
If it's on Bungie (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=14284), I would think it would be true.

Hotrod
June 17th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Well, I'm kind of dissapointed that it's not a sequel to Ghosts of Onyx, but I'm glad to know that we will finally know what happens to Grey Team, where they are, and if they're still alive.

Kornman00
June 17th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Well, I'm kind of dissapointed that it's not a sequel to Ghosts of Onyx
Nowhere did it state that it wouldn't be a sequel...

Martini-562
June 17th, 2008, 02:51 PM
well it says its about grey team which disappeared far before onyx.

Kornman00
June 17th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Time is a strange thing in the Halo universe, you people should know that by now ;p

teh lag
June 17th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Why do I feel that there will be some shameless incorporation of things like armor permutations, equipment, and other elements added in H3 in an attempt to retcon the convoluted tech storyline? (Contact harvest, I'm looking at you.)

klange
June 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I never finished the last one >_>.

343guiltymc
June 17th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Why do I feel that there will be some shameless incorporation of things like armor permutations, equipment, and other elements added in H3 in an attempt to retcon the convoluted tech storyline? (Contact harvest, I'm looking at you.)
I've never read contact harvest, what is this "convoluted tech storyline" you speak of?

Hotrod
June 17th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Nowhere did it state that it wouldn't be a sequel...
Well, just with the name, you can tell that it's before the end of Ghosts of Onyx. The Cole Protocol was put in action at the beginning of the war. Also, the book isn't written by Eric Nylund, and he's the only one that wrote about Fred, Kelly, etc...

I've never read contact harvest, what is this "convoluted tech storyline" you speak of?
They have Hornets, and prototype Battle Rifles (even though they were also prototypes in First Strike...). Though, it would make sense that they had Hornets for a while.

Also, there were armor permutations in Ghosts of Onyx (EVA).

Arteen
June 17th, 2008, 08:12 PM
In addition to what Hotrod said, Contact Harvest also had a stupid backstory to the Chopper (wtf?).

Hotrod
June 17th, 2008, 09:40 PM
And I forgot to mention that Brutes already have their power armor that they get shortly prior to Halo 3.

Zeph
June 17th, 2008, 09:45 PM
And I forgot to mention that Brutes already have their power armor that they get shortly prior to Halo 3.
Yeah, because we all know artistic evolution really impacts storylines. The brutes in halo 2 came late in the pipeline and weren't fully developed. There's no story element to explain it.

343guiltymc
June 18th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Well, just with the name, you can tell that it's before the end of Ghosts of Onyx. The Cole Protocol was put in action at the beginning of the war. Also, the book isn't written by Eric Nylund, and he's the only one that wrote about Fred, Kelly, etc...

They have Hornets, and prototype Battle Rifles (even though they were also prototypes in First Strike...). Though, it would make sense that they had Hornets for a while.

Also, there were armor permutations in Ghosts of Onyx (EVA).
There was armor permutations in Ghost of Onyx? :eek: I never seen any mention of them while reading the book, maybe better go read it again.........

Hotrod
June 18th, 2008, 03:41 PM
There was armor permutations in Ghost of Onyx? :eek: I never seen any mention of them while reading the book, maybe better go read it again.........
Just the one part, chapter 4, page 57. It says "...Spartan-051's Variant-V MJOLNIR suit...", which, in case you didn't know, is the EVA varient. And, chapter 3, page 49 "...in the vacuum-enhanced variant of MJOLNIR armor...". Those are the only two times any armor permutations are mentioned, but they are there.

itszutak
June 18th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Just the one part, chapter 4, page 57. It says "...Spartan-051's Variant-V MJOLNIR suit...", which, in case you didn't know, is the EVA varient. And, chapter 3, page 49 "...in the vacuum-enhanced variant of MJOLNIR armor...". Those are the only two times any armor permutations are mentioned, but they are there.That's actually better than some attempts to shove in game content into the story. Most of the stuff related to the H2 weapons mentioned in First Strike seemed more tacked-on to me.

Heathen
June 18th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I've only read the first one :/

Hotrod
June 18th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I've only read the first one :/
I suggest reading them all, I really enjoyed them. Though, other people disagree with me. You should consider reading them though, they help you understand the story line better, and give more backstory.

TheGhost
June 19th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I never finished the last one >_>.

Yeah, same. I found myself short on time but I've been meaning to read it.