PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket Hacked

Heathen
June 19th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I was wondering why there were all these missing pictures around here.
I wondered over yonder to photobucket to see whatsamatter.
Photobucket done got et up by a hacker.
Idk if its thread worthy, but It answered one question for me :/

Syuusuke
June 19th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Not good, all my hosted images come from photohackit.

rossmum
June 19th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Was wondering why it was buggered earlier.

Arteen
June 19th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I guess it's fixed now, since Photobucket looks like normal to me.

Heathen
June 19th, 2008, 12:17 PM
IMPORTANT! Photobucket.com problem read here:
Last night Photobucket.com DNS at register.com was hacked by malicious people that are trying to compromise our business!
We are in no way affiliated with such bad deeds and cooperate with photobucket in capturing these individuals.
They have pointed the domain (http://www.atspace.com/dedicated-web-server-hosting-domain-articles-news/internet.html#) photobucket.com to an account hosted on our systems!
We have blocked that and photobucked techs have restored the domain (http://www.atspace.com/dedicated-web-server-hosting-domain-articles-news/internet.html#)to its original location!
ALL account information and pictures on photobucket.com are OK, please have patience!
Unfortunately the complete DNS replication usually takes 24-48 hours and during this time caches DNS (http://www.atspace.com/dedicated-web-server-hosting-domain-articles-news/internet.html#)might still point to us!
The normal operation of Photobucket is restored and as soon as the replication is complete there should be no further such issues!
We would like to emphasize that we are in now way responsible for what happens with photobucket and all users bumping across our systems!
We are a legitimate web hosting company operating since 2003 and in no way tolerate such hacking attempts!
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at abuse@zettahost.com!
Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Patrickssj6
June 19th, 2008, 04:44 PM
It depends on your ISP how long it needs to refresh the DNS cache.

Limited
June 19th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Any pictures of the hax'd version?

Corndogman
June 19th, 2008, 04:54 PM
My friend was telling me he was having a lot of trouble getting to photobucket the other day, but when I tried I got on perfectly fine, and nothing seemed wrong. Kind of weird...

Amit
June 19th, 2008, 11:17 PM
My friend was telling me he was having a lot of trouble getting to photobucket the other day, but when I tried I got on perfectly fine, and nothing seemed wrong. Kind of weird...

Same here...no fishy shit going on at that time for me either.

Corndogman
June 19th, 2008, 11:20 PM
who was the friend? might be the same person...

Amit
June 20th, 2008, 01:13 AM
I meant just logging on within that time period and finding nothing wrong.

Timo
June 20th, 2008, 03:37 AM
http://www.johnwesleybarker.co.uk/images/NetDevilz_Co.jpg

Haven't lost any images, still have 1003 :3

rossmum
June 20th, 2008, 03:55 AM
What the fuck is it with Turkish kids and hacking things, seriously.

Amit
June 20th, 2008, 11:48 AM

They feel the urge to do stupid things that even Ameri's kids haven't thought about yet.

jcap
June 20th, 2008, 12:28 PM
So they edited the register.com DNS records to point to different servers...

Wow, these guys are big badasses...

Nothing was hacked other than the little exploit they used to gain access to Photobucket's account. Same thing happened with Comcast only two weeks ago, except that was with Network Solutions.

TheGhost
June 20th, 2008, 01:15 PM
And nothing was damaged, they just had to switch the DNS record back to the old one.

Heathen
June 20th, 2008, 09:49 PM
These are the guys taht hacked Redtube a while back....

Syuusuke
June 21st, 2008, 01:09 PM
Redtube?

oh That tube.

Limited
June 21st, 2008, 01:34 PM
Theres fuck all to do in Turkey...