PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Empire: Legions

Cortexian
June 25th, 2008, 05:13 PM
So if any of you liked the Tribes series games, pay attention. Instant Action (http://www.instantaction.com) has recently released an Open Beta of a game called Fallen Empire: Legions. All you guys have to do is sign up on InstantAction.com (http://www.modacity.net/forums/www.instantaction.com) to play it, it's a free web browser based game that requires no actual installation of game files... It's really quite a mind boggling system that they have going, a lot of their other games are pretty nifty as well!

If I understand it correctly, the old developers (some of them at least) of Tribes have teamed up with the guys at Instant Action and built this game from a lot of the Tribes material.

I don't really know A LOT about Tribes, but I know that this game provided me and a buddy (as well as all the other players online) literal HOURS of fun.

PlasbianX
June 26th, 2008, 10:40 AM
If its anything like Tribes, then its gonna be amazing. That game was the first FPS I ever played online, and I still play it today.

EDIT: Omg this is amazing. And yea, it feels almost exactly like playing tribes. The controls are almost exactly the same. And when I look at the char design, they look exactly like the starsiege:tribes characters with new jetpacks. And the new packs they have in this game are so much easier to fly and ski with than starsiege. This game is really damn sweet.

EDIT2: Doesnt show anything under join game. I want people to play :/

Cortexian
June 26th, 2008, 02:34 PM
If its anything like Tribes, then its gonna be amazing. That game was the first FPS I ever played online, and I still play it today.

EDIT: Omg this is amazing. And yea, it feels almost exactly like playing tribes. The controls are almost exactly the same. And when I look at the char design, they look exactly like the starsiege:tribes characters with new jetpacks. And the new packs they have in this game are so much easier to fly and ski with than starsiege. This game is really damn sweet.

EDIT2: Doesnt show anything under join game. I want people to play :/
Odd, I usually see like 80-90 open parties to join when I want to play, lol.

Con
June 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
wow, they can do that in a browser?

PlasbianX
June 26th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I played the ball game thats on there too (where you gotta grab the ball and throw it into the 3 goals) and that was rather sweet too.

Cortexian
June 26th, 2008, 09:02 PM
wow, they can do that in a browser?
Yea... I still don't get it.

If I understand how they're doing it correctly, they actually download the "game files" to your PC (in the "AppData\LocalLow\GarageGames\IAPlayer\products" folder iirc). From there the browser just syncs your game with everyone else while displaying the game in the web page.

I played the ball game thats on there too (where you gotta grab the ball and throw it into the 3 goals) and that was rather sweet too.
Rocket Ball is fun :), I haven't played it online much though.