PDA

View Full Version : GBXModel importer help

silas
June 27th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Well, i'm new to modding Halo CE, and I'm having trouble with the GBXModel Importer v2, the trouble being that i have no idea how to start using it. I've looked at the sites that have it for download, and none of them describe how to get it working in the first place. Any help would be appreciated

kid908
June 27th, 2008, 07:27 AM
you put it into your 3dsm scripts folder or scripts/startup. here's an example of the directory

C:/program files/autodesk/3ds max 8/scripts
or
C:/gmax/scripts
(i think that's the default for 3dsm and gmax)

you start up the modeling program and go to max scripts. and click run. if u put it in scripts/startup the file should startup when u open the program.

after u got it running in max or gmax, u click the load gbx model button and navigate to your halo ce tags directory. now import the weapon which most resemble your custom weapon in properties and such(vehicles, biped whatever im just using weapons as example)

silas
June 27th, 2008, 08:43 AM
that'll be very helpful, as soon as i can figure out how to get the script first. i clicked the link to the script, and i can see it, but i'm not sure what to do with it. how do you get it into the script folder?

Roostervier
June 27th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Erm, right click the link and save as. You should end up with a .ms file. Copy and paste that into your Autodesk\3dsmax8\Scripts folder.

silas
June 28th, 2008, 05:04 AM
thanks y'all for the help. i got it working fine :)