PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Women Left for Dead in a Public Waiting Room.

Chainsy
July 1st, 2008, 12:35 PM
In a waiting room in a Brooklyn hospital, a woman sitting there just kills over and falls to the ground twitching, while everyone in the room ignores her and keeps talking. How stupid and sick are these people, who fucking ignore her? Shes lying, not even moving on the ground and finally 45 minutes later a cop comes and checks her pulse then gets an emergency crew to cart her off.
Its astounding to see how stupid some people are.
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/video-shows-patient-dying-on-floor/20080701115509990001?icid=100214839x1205012690x120 0231158

Roostervier
July 1st, 2008, 12:46 PM
"NEW YORK (July 1) - Video from a surveillance camera at a Brooklyn, N.Y., hospital shows a woman dying on the floor of a psychiatric emergency-room while people nearby ignore her."

The fact that I didn't see a white person in the room makes me question the video's credibility.

edit: Shit, misread "while" as white. Guess it is real.

killer9856
July 1st, 2008, 12:50 PM
Thats unbelievable

They are people right there!

Chainsy
July 1st, 2008, 12:52 PM
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Not trying to be offensive, but there are alot of ghettos there that have mostly black communities, this is probably in one of the poorer sections of the city. God I feel horrible for saying that, but its probably true. :gonk:

Syuusuke
July 1st, 2008, 02:58 PM
Wrong dude.

Can't judge Brooklyn as a whole because there are a lot more ethnic groups residing in that borough, and the largest group is Asian or Jewish or Hispanics one of them... (and then there's Irish, German, etc.) You can talk about how sections in Brooklyn are poor, but not as a whole, it's way too spread out in NYC to point out which is a poor section.

Anyway you're confusing Bronx with Brooklyn.

And as bad as this is, if it was 12 in the afternoon and not that early, (5:30 AM) I think things would have been different.

Yes that bad.

ultama121
July 1st, 2008, 03:05 PM
Woah, pretty awful.

Hotrod
July 1st, 2008, 03:06 PM
Wow, this is horrible. I mean, don't any of the people there have enough sense to help a person in need? I don't mean to be offensive, but man, what selfish people. If I saw a person fall like that, I would be helping right away.

AAA
July 1st, 2008, 03:19 PM
Either way, this just goes to show how heartless people can be and I'm surprised they haven't shut that hospital down.

The government better get back to the drawing board.

Syuusuke
July 1st, 2008, 04:15 PM
They won't shut the hospital down, the people that live near it would not like that.

I don't think there is a Good Samaritan law there, but it should have been in the best interest for the people around them to help that old lady out.

I also noticed that it was in a "psychiatric ward"...

itszutak
July 1st, 2008, 05:10 PM
It was a mental hospital, according to one of the responses on that link. The other people sitting that room were most likely not all the way there, and probably wouldn't have noticed the seizure.

Corndogman
July 1st, 2008, 05:17 PM
Your thread title is wrong, Chains. only one woman was left for dead, not women.

Snowy
July 1st, 2008, 07:34 PM
The people that left her there should be tried for murder.

As I was watching the video I was just thinking "Are you KIDDING ME?!" It's like nobody even noticed.

Con
July 1st, 2008, 07:38 PM
It was a mental hospital, according to one of the responses on that link. The other people sitting that room were most likely not all the way there, and probably wouldn't have noticed the seizure.
oh, that would explain it.

Mr Buckshot
July 1st, 2008, 07:50 PM
It happens all the time in every country.

Many of those people were literally retarded...

itszutak
July 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM
Forgot to mention the people who walked in on the seizure: According to a former mental hospital nurse I know, it actually happens all the time. You get numb to it after a while, and usually they recover in a few minutes.

Chainsy
July 1st, 2008, 09:02 PM
Thats horrible! Its like seeing a guy get his leg broken in 3 places with cuts across a main artery and his achilles heel slit, and telling him to walk it off. :mad:

Syuusuke
July 1st, 2008, 09:09 PM
Well you don't break your leg periodically...unlike seizures, most of them happen periodically, so you're bound to get used to it =/

Flyboy
July 2nd, 2008, 11:07 PM
Only in America...

Botolf
July 3rd, 2008, 12:38 AM
Wow, this is horrible. I mean, don't any of the people there have enough sense to help a person in need? I don't mean to be offensive, but man, what selfish people. If I saw a person fall like that, I would be helping right away.
There's been some research into cases like this, unsurprisingly most people don't help because they reason "someone else will do it". They're not selfish or evil by any means, they just let their heads get in the way. Weirdest social phenomenon evar?

Chainsy
July 3rd, 2008, 12:50 AM
So your saying that if the whole community ganged up on the person who posts under me, who is completely innocent and flames him/her (unlikely) and basically makes the person have a nervous breakdown online, that the mods and admins will say: "Eh, another one of the mods will take care of it." ?

Botolf
July 3rd, 2008, 12:56 AM
So your saying that if the whole community ganged up on the person who posts under me, who is completely innocent and flames him/her (unlikely) and basically makes the person have a nervous breakdown online, that the mods and admins will say: "Eh, another one of the mods will take care of it." ?
Uh, not really. The internet offers a degree of anonymity among other things. I'll give a more relevant real-world example:

Tough kid starts beating up on a weaker kid on the playground. Dozens of other kids watch but do nothing, out of some kind of irrational fear (ie thinking logically, all these kids could kick the bully's ass with ease) or just waiting for someone else to resolve the situation (ie other kids or some kind of authority figure like an adult).

You probably know the feeling, the whole "I'll just shrink back out of the spotlight here and let things work themselves out, someone will do something, right?" deal.

Chainsy
July 3rd, 2008, 12:59 AM
whole community ganged up on the person who posts under me
Im sorry but you walked into that one. :lol:

itszutak
July 3rd, 2008, 12:59 AM

Uh. That's completely different.

Fact 1: Mental hospital. Most of the patients sitting there (notice the robes) were most likely not all the way there.

Fact 2: Seizures happen relatively often in those environments. It is common for a person with a head injury to be admitted, and head injuries are known to lead to strokes and seizures. Mental illness, congenital or otherwise, is also known to cause seizures.

Fact 3: Most of those patients who do have seizures recover without help quickly, besides possible bruising and possibly a fracture if they fell on something.

Fact 4: Nurses and guards are numb to this kind of behavior, it happens so often.

Sure, it isn't good at all. And someone definitely should have done something. But they were conditioned not to react, because of the conditions they worked under.

edit: damnit botolf.

Botolf
July 3rd, 2008, 01:07 AM
Im sorry but you walked into that one. :lol:
Read the example, nub! ;)

Chainsy
July 3rd, 2008, 01:18 AM
eh, gave me a thread idea. :o