PDA

View Full Version : XPS M1530 mic help

Caboos001
July 4th, 2008, 08:12 AM
So recently I received my new Dell XPS M1530 Laptop. So far my experience has been somewhat decent; although if it gets a tad to hot the thing will shut down, which can get annoying. The only real problem I have with the thing is that I can't seem to get my headset to work. When I plug the thing in my speakers work fin and the computer says everything including the mic is plugged in and working. But when I try to talk Nothing is transmitted through my headsets mic, instead it is all received through the laptops built in mic. I have tried setting my Headset as my default mic and disabling the built in one but I'm still having the same problem. I have also tried messing around with reinstalling some drivers. All that landed me was a system restoration proses which took a good half hour and put me right back where I started.

Google, Yahoo, and Dell forums/Tech support have been less than helpful and so now I throw myself to you guys. If any of you have the slightest clue as to what is going on please feel free to drop me a hint.

Anton
July 4th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Vista right?

Did you turn on the mic in the levels tab under your line-in area?

I believe that's how you do it, I may be wrong.

Caboos001
July 4th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Yeah It's running Vista. And yes I have gone through all the level adjusting and fun under my recording devices settings.

Anton
July 4th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Really strange, does your driver's for your current headset work under vista?

If you can, try another headset, not the receiver built into the laptop.

Caboos001
July 4th, 2008, 08:47 AM
I have tried another headset of mine only t run into the same problem. And by drivers for my current headset you mean? It's just a simple $20.00 Logitech headset bought off the shelf at the local Radio Shack. Not to knowledgeable when it comes to the tech world, so forgive me if I sound bit clueless at times.

Anton
July 4th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Hm, I tried. but I can't really help you. Maybe one of the more tech "able" people will come along later and help you. Sorry my friend.:(

flibitijibibo
July 4th, 2008, 10:54 PM
You're using the Sigmatel inputs at the front of the lappy? I have a 1530 as well, so it'll probably be easier for me to halp.

If you are, then it only takes the right line for mic. Then the Sigmatel software goes "lol what is this you've inserted into my hole, get it lolololol", and you can tell it mic or whatever. If it's not giving you that annoying question, then either the software/drivers aren't installed right or the input itself is dead. If yours overheats to the point of shutting down, that may be a cause for the dead mic line. Kinda like how the 360 GPU gets warped at the RRoD.