PDA

View Full Version : Can't delete a folder...

Cortexian
July 6th, 2008, 02:39 AM
OK so, I recently reinstalled my Halo and Halo CE installations due to some wonky behavior but can't delete a few game folders. The folders in question are:

C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\My Games\Halo CE\savegames\{HR}X樯
C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\My Games\Halo CE\savegames\{HRLS}X樯
C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\My Games\Halo CE\savegames\Freelancer

I believe the reason I can't delete them lies in the fact that I used the "name hack" program to create the user profiles. Each user profile has a ™ in it, and obviously, that is not a valid character for folder names...

So, help?

Zeph
July 6th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Change the names?

Dr Nick
July 6th, 2008, 02:59 AM
You could try Unlocker (http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/)

It might be in use by another program.

Cortexian
July 6th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Change the names?
Cannot.

You could try Unlocker (http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/)

It might be in use by another program.
It gives me that message when I do the above, but I've rebooted, rebooted into safe mode, and used a BartPE CD with a file browser to try and delete the files.

Nothing works.

Halp.

NullZero
July 6th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I've had that trouble like 10 times, however, I don't think there's any way of getting rid of those folders. Best bet is to format your drive if you're intent of getting rid of it :(

Syuusuke
July 6th, 2008, 09:40 AM
What does it say when you can't delete them?

jcap
July 6th, 2008, 09:52 AM
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/emcomob.html

Download

Install

Right click

Remove on next reboot

Limited
July 6th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Reboot into cmd prompt then delete folder :O

Love De Lux
July 6th, 2008, 10:03 AM
OK so, I recently reinstalled my Halo and Halo CE installations due to some wonky behavior but can't delete a few game folders. The folders in question are:

C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\My Games\Halo CE\savegames\{HR}X樯
C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\My Games\Halo CE\savegames\{HRLS}X樯
C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\My Games\Halo CE\savegames\Freelancer

I believe the reason I can't delete them lies in the fact that I used the "name hack" program to create the user profiles. Each user profile has a ™ in it, and obviously, that is not a valid character for folder names...

So, help?

Ahh, I think I can help, as I already got this problem :

Backup your others profiles folders in an other folder, your desktop for example. Then copy past cmd.exe ( Yeah, I'm lazy) in C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\My Games\Halo CE\. Open it, type "rmdir /s savegames". It'll ask you if you're sure about deleting those files, type Y for Yes.

Done.

Cortexian
July 6th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Ahh, I think I can help, as I already got this problem :

Backup your others profiles folders in an other folder, your desktop for example. Then copy past cmd.exe ( Yeah, I'm lazy) in C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\My Games\Halo CE\. Open it, type "rmdir /s savegames". It'll ask you if you're sure about deleting those files, type Y for Yes.

Done.
+rep thank you! I just used the cd command though, no need to copy paste :gonk:...

*writes a note on how to delete them in the future*