PDA

View Full Version : The Age of Cross-Game Instrument Incompatibility is Nearing its end

Saggy
July 17th, 2008, 12:47 AM
[Activision] explained that the Xbox 360 version of “Guitar Hero: World Tour” will indeed be compatible with the instruments for the first “Rock Band.” The “GH” developers have, for obvious reasons, not been able to test their new game with the upcoming “Rock Band 2.” Other third-party guitar and drum controllers are expected to work with “GH: World Tour” as well.
Full article: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/07/16/guitar-hero-world-compatible-with-rock-band/

Well, looks like I might be getting Guitar Hero World Tour PLUS Rock Band 2 after all. I'm glad that there won't be a huge need of having three drumsets set up in my living room. What's your guys opinion on this?

LinkandKvel
July 17th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Truthfully I gotta say the guitar hero's new guitar and drum kit are MUCH more win.

Saggy
July 17th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I agree, but I have no room for another drumset in my house although I really would like to get it. Also, for people wondering about how drums will work since GH:WT uses 6 notes (including bass pedal), Activision has made seperate charts that will only include 5 notes.

I may look into getting the guitar though.

Amit
July 17th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Very interesting and quite convenient. Even more so, a money saver.