PDA

View Full Version : Loading Problem

Delta4907
July 17th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Original Post:

Sorry if this has been answered already...

Anyways i have recently bought a copy of Halo 2 Vista. During Installation I had clicked on Install Only, do not run (or however it is). I also have the game activated. The Problem is that when I double-click on the shortcut a window pops up saying Start Game. I click that button but the game does not run, no error message comes up or anything. However I went to task manager and the process is running. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Computer Specs:

Manufacturer:Hewlett-Packard

Processor:AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory:3006MB RAM
Hard Drive:237 GB
Video Card:NVIDIA MCP67M
Monitor:Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card:Speakers (Conexant High Definition

Operating System:Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080425-1930)

P.S. I do have Paulus' Devtrainer installed if that helps.

EDIT: The game now runs when I click no to open the devtrainer. However it says my prodcut key is invalid when I did it over the phone.

Vicky
July 17th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I'm no laptop/notebook expert but i'd say that videocard may be your problem. At least make sure you have the latest drivers for it...

Delta4907
July 17th, 2008, 04:25 PM
My Video Card Drivers are fully up-to-date so i don't think that is the problem, thanks for the help though.

Vicky
July 17th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Give it 128mb (or maybe even more) designated memory in the BIOS if you can.

Delta4907
July 17th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Could you explain to me how I can do that?

Vicky
July 17th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Maybe someone you know, that has some BIOS experience, can help you out with that.

TheĀ»Lucian
July 17th, 2008, 11:18 PM
The first problem sounds like a graphics card. I had to get a 9600 GT OS and set it to -novsync just to get Halo 2 to run right on mine.

As for invalid product key that seems to be going around a lot. Happened to my dedicated server as well. I think someone might be using a key gen to pass around codes that already exist and thus they are becoming inoperational one by one. :eyesroll:

Of course bungie doesn't do anything about it since it just means more copies of H2V off the shelves for them. :p

Needless to say these kids are probably just as immature as those going around DDosing servers.

Patrickssj6
July 26th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Of course bungie doesn't do anything about it since it just means more copies of H2V off the shelves for them. :p

Sorry but that is wrong on so many levels. :)

I don't know what gfx card that is but like Vicky said, try to assign designated memory to it. With that, your computer takes memory from RAM for graphical calculations.