PDA

View Full Version : physics is a piece of shit. help is needed.

kid908
July 21st, 2008, 09:38 AM
ok i don't get this at all. why is physics needed and when i make physics, the vehicle keep bouncing up and down when it impacts the ground or something similar. other times it just fall through the ground.

i'll list the problems:

1. it bounce up and down when it impacts the ground or anything such as scenery

2. sometimes the vehicle fall through the ground

3. the vehicle still spawn when i don't have physic tag(don't ask how) but then a diff vehicle with physic stop appearing.

4. some vehicles just fly through other vehicles

5. why is physics needed?

edit: i would also like to know if having environment shader on sceneries would actually harm anything. so far it seems fine to me. and does the map need a lightmap/radiosity to actually have bump/height map working properly? cuz my map don't have that and bump and stuff doesn't work.

Bastinka
July 21st, 2008, 09:58 AM
Physics is needed so the engine knows how to react when it crashes into an object, falls, gets hit. If there weren't physics hogs wouldn't be able to move, basically.

Also, open the physics in guerilla and I think there is a weight option or something. I've never touched physics before so I wouldn't know much.

Inferno
July 21st, 2008, 02:06 PM
Look at these pictures http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1669 this is how a physics model should look in max. Also use this tool it can be useful when trying to create a physics model if your not good at it.

Invader Veex
July 21st, 2008, 07:20 PM
If you didn't enlarge your physics radius in guerrilla,do so. That's as much as I can think of to help atm.