PDA

View Full Version : Custom Maps Server.

Cortexian
July 25th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I'm more than likely going to be acquiring a 16 man dedicated server from gameservers.com in a few days/weeks. It's only going to be for a month at first, just to see how it turns out.

Anyway, I'm thinking of setting the server up with on a custom map only map cycle. The map cycle will be comprised of GOOD custom maps such as wartorncov3, snowtorn_cove, cliffhanger, grove_final, augurer, immure2, gallowspole, and the like... If you want to make suggestions for maps/game types go ahead, they will only be added if they are seconded by someone (quote the poster and write "I SECOND THIS NOTION", or something of the sort).

Hopefully I'll have a :conspiricy: on the server that records unique players, If I have enough to warrent another months payment, I'll buy it. Feel free to donate to the cause if you like the server when it goes up.

n00b1n8R
July 25th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Ugh, what's that floody map with a day and night version? I can't remember but I want to see the night version used :D

Also that map that's in a giant longsword hanger. That was awesome the few times I get to play a proper game on it.

StankBacon
July 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM
quagmire.

awesome map.

Inferno
July 25th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Portent (Ctf & Team Slayer)
Corrupted (slayer)
Immure (Ctf and Team Snipers + AND NO WASPS)
Needleosity (slayer)
Lookout (Snipers & Team Slayer)
Solitude (snipers)
Yoyorast (snipers)
Cmt-Icy Swamps (Ctf)
Cmt-Dissolution (Team Slayer)
LaunchBay (Idk what gametype)

Theirs a couple of others you should do but i can't think of at the moment.

edit--

Launch Bay was what you were thinking of Noobinater. And yes that map is awesome too.

Plz keep the Z-team and new CMT maps away from the server though. Theirs enough servers of snow grove and zsanc as it is we don't need more of those we need more servers with classic and really nice maps.

Cortexian
July 25th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Portent has no gameplay value, and Yoyorast already has enough dedicated servers >.>...

Inferno
July 25th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Ive only played portent a little and i was just staring at the sky the whole time pretty much and there's no yoyorast dedi's on the version of CE i play so i didnt know.

Corndogman
July 25th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Yeah, Portent looks sexy but doesnt play that well, and theres usually like 3-5 yoyorast servers at a time.

But this seems like it will be a fun server good luck with it.

Cortexian
July 25th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Ive only played portent a little and i was just staring at the sky the whole time pretty much and there's no yoyorast dedi's on the version of CE i play so i didnt know.
You must play a old/hacked version of the game then, cause there are always a bunch of Yoyorast 24/7 servers.

Ki11a_FTW
July 25th, 2008, 09:24 PM
oo oo do flood paradise

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2209

its not actually bright like that, Dennis did it to the pics :-<

Beckinsale
July 26th, 2008, 01:06 AM
quagmire.

awesome map.

As long as it has this, im all in. ( Don't forget No Remorse if you don't have it :)

Ki11a_FTW
July 26th, 2008, 01:16 AM
yes, no remorse is one of my favorites.

Rook
July 26th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Portent has no gameplay value, and Yoyorast already has enough dedicated servers >.>...
Portent is good to play on, imo..

get some x2_mudslide action in there, CTF. And when you are finished compiling your map list send it to me i'll spam it to everyone on xfire.

edit- I cant remember its been so long.. but is this map any good? gameplay wise. http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2195

Pooky
July 26th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Also that map that's in a giant longsword hanger. That was awesome the few times I get to play a proper game on it.

Pretty sure you're thinking of Launch Bay X (not to be confused with Launch Bay)

n00b1n8R
July 26th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Stop playing a hacked version then.

quagmire.

awesome map.
THIS

Pretty sure you're thinking of Launch Bay X (not to be confused with Launch Bay)
AND THIS

get some x2_mudslide action in there, CTF. And when you are finished compiling your map list send it to me i'll spam it to everyone on xfire.

edit- I cant remember its been so long.. but is this map any good? gameplay wise. http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2195
YES AND MEGA FUCK YES (but the custom version so I can re-live me whoring it like I did when it came out D: )

Inferno
July 26th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Stop playing a hacked version then.

I would if i could. I have my Halo CD some where in my house but its useless since i lost my box with the CD key on it and there fore when i try to play online with my "new" Cd key on regular halo i get a lot of CD KEY IS INVALID errors. So i play on a certain other version of halo so that i can actually play the game properly.

supersniper
July 26th, 2008, 11:04 AM
how about pipe dream... I thought that one was pretty decent. I liked the music gun :O

Inferno
July 26th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Wasn't pipe dream just a bunch of crappy untextured vehicles and a mech and then a weird ass bsp with goo flowing out of a pipe?

STLRamsFan
July 26th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Delta Ruins and Wartorn Cove 3 would be awesome. I would also suggest C3LL but that usually is much more fun during game nights.

Inferno
July 26th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I remember a really cool old map called blood islands. I'm not sure how it plays but it was cool.

ODX
July 26th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I remember a really cool old map called blood islands. I'm not sure how it plays but it was cool.
First map on Halomaps...reason Dennis made the site. I second this, add first map naow.

Inferno
July 26th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Also needs Grove http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2015
And Olympus Mons http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2613

Heathen
July 26th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Blood Islands was nice.

Pipe dream? :lol: I think not. Power rangers music in the mech is a nice touch though.

Cortexian
July 26th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Here's a temporary map cycle list:

WartornCov3 - CTF
Launch_Bay_X - Team (Sniper?) Slayer
No_Remorse - CTF
quagmire - (Team?) Slayer
x2_mudslide - CTF
augurer - Team Slayer
grove_final - CTF (Assault?)
helix_canyon - (Team?) Slayer
cliffhanger - CTF
immure2 - Team Slayer

So there are 10 above average - good maps. I personally like a little variety in a map cycle so I staggered CTF/Slayer, and tried to add some variants of the two... Lemme know if they should have different game types...

Pooky
July 26th, 2008, 04:27 PM

I managed to play a couple of games on it. It's got pretty standard gameplay but the whole island theme makes it feel fresh somehow.

Inferno
July 26th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Looks good to me :) i might have to go buy a new serial to play this if its ends up being popular.

Cortexian
July 26th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I'll be creating a map pack for the server... All the maps will be rolled into one zip file so that you guys don't need to go hunting for maps. For instance, go on halomaps and search "quag", I expected quagmire, not some other RANDOM crap.

Still waiting on the go-ahead from some people (this is one of those "stfu parents" moments) on the server purchase.

Arteen
July 26th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Are we forgetting the greatest CE map ever, Fissure Fall?

also NMC

Cortexian
July 26th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Are we forgetting the greatest CE map ever, Fissure Fall?

also NMC
To much falling and not enough playing.

Beckinsale
July 27th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Yea, NMC would be much fun. Also going to agree with Olympus Mons. It was a little underplayed. :( Also Aftermath (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1065).

Pope
July 27th, 2008, 04:32 AM
To much falling and not enough playing.

Are you serious? Fissure Falls was probably in the top10 greatest CE maps ever made. The gameplay was balanced nearly perfectly in not the best possible.

x2_mudslide is really 1 sided. We learned this during the league but I guess it's not competitive, so it's okay.

As for my picks:
Outpost Rio Classic (It's big I know)
nightcamp_ce (Can't get enough of this map)
New Mombassa Classic (This made Custom Edition what it is)
Siege (I like it :D)
Camtrack Arena (Amazing map, give a BG vibe)
Mystic (Giving Jahrain some love here)

That's about it for my picks, but I'll enjoy your list too. Coming back to CE again and I'll love to play some customs again.

Rook
July 27th, 2008, 04:32 AM
I don't want to be an ass but that aftermath looks to me as if it has no game play value whatsoever, but hey if you think im wrong hit me up and show me otherwise.

STLRamsFan
July 27th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I totally forgot about NMC and Fissure Falls. Those were really fun back in the day.

StankBacon
July 27th, 2008, 09:05 AM
fissure falls team koth is prolly the most fun ive ever had back in the day.

map is made of 100% win.

Inferno
July 27th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Rio classic would probably be a good map for some big team CTF. I like that map .

Higuy
July 27th, 2008, 12:12 PM
What about SniperCanyonRedux. That map is auesome.

Inferno
July 27th, 2008, 12:24 PM
What about SniperCanyonRedux. That map is auesome.
I agree.

Beckinsale
July 27th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Lost cove (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=393) Had it's days. Could be pretty fun.

Monopoly
July 27th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Camtrack arena.

n00b1n8R
July 27th, 2008, 08:34 PM
What's that map with the asteroids? Although the game play isn't great, it's really cool (with the moving skybox, it looks like the asteroids are moving all over the place and gives you a good case of motion sickness).

Beckinsale
July 27th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Heh, the map was called Asteroids ;\

Disaster
July 27th, 2008, 09:00 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3119
Archive is pretty fun map. Maybe add it?

Cortexian
July 27th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Updated:

WartornCov3 - CTF
No_Remorse - CTF
x2_mudslide - CTF
augurer - Team Slayer
grove_final - CTF (Assault?)
helix_canyon - (Team?) Slayer
cliffhanger - CTF
immure2 - Team Slayer
New_Mombasa_Classic - CTF
Fissure Fall - (Crazy, Y/N?) Team KotH

Inferno
July 28th, 2008, 11:32 AM
If your gonna do team slayer or regular slayer on helix canyon make it snipers.
Just a suggestion.

Heathen
July 28th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Put the download links on the first page for those of us that dont feel like searching for each one.

Pooky
July 28th, 2008, 05:37 PM
What's the name of this or is it even up yet? I looked for it yesterday but didn't see anything :(

Cortexian
July 29th, 2008, 11:45 PM
It's not up yet. Waiting to stockpile some referral money on gameservers.com (http://www.gameservers.com/?ref=1620893)...

Guzzie
July 31st, 2008, 08:16 PM
Oblivion:neckbeard:

n00b1n8R
July 31st, 2008, 10:18 PM
CTF on helix canyon. Slayer is silly on such a base v base map. You could probably swap it with mudslide (run it on TS instead).

Apoc4lypse
August 3rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
CTF on helix canyon. Slayer is silly on such a base v base map. You could probably swap it with mudslide (run it on TS instead).

I agree, I made the original bsp to helix_canyon, ctf is best XD, I'm just surprised to see it being considered haha, I haven't played that map in so long.

So when do you think you'll get the server up btw? I love this idea though, good custom maps only, I'll definitely play on it. :cool:

Cortexian
August 3rd, 2008, 05:39 PM
Depends on if I get some referral credit on my gameservers account, I really don't want to pay for the whole thing the first month, especially if it's going to wither and die. If you want to help donate to the server, you need to click here:

http://www.gameservers.com/?ref=1620893

Then order a server. Once you buy the server I get 100% of your first payment (Ex. If you pay for a $10 server, they double it and send $10 to me as well), I get the actual credit 30 days after you sign up.

(Thank you to those that donated/are going to donate)!

Latest map cycle variation:

Updated:

WartornCov3 - CTF
No_Remorse - CTF
x2_mudslide - CTF
augurer - Team Slayer
helix_canyon - CTF
grove_final - Team Slayer
cliffhanger - CTF
immure2 - Team Slayer
New_Mombasa_Classic - CTF
Fissure Fall - (Crazy, Y/N?) Team KotH

Cortexian
October 15th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Alright, I finally got one referral so it's only costing me $16 CAD out of my pocket to pay for this... It's going up for a month, and it's going up soon!

The above post details the map cycle, post any last changes now please! I'm still accepting donations for server payment, PayPal only please!

Cortexian
October 23rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Server was just ordered and is installing now...

Cortexian
October 24th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Quadruple Update.

The server is now up and running with the previously mentioned mapcycle! I hope to see you all in game soon!

https://my.gameservers.com/images/gametracker.php?ip_address=208.167.250.250&game_port=2302&banner=banner_560x95.png (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/208.167.250.250:2302/)

Noobone
October 24th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Lancer go! :P thats really something for you, making your own server again and another clan.

n00b1n8R
October 24th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I'll deffenetly be on this weekend.

Name and IP pl0x

E: nvm, I am blind.

Cortexian
October 24th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I'll deffenetly be on this weekend.

Name and IP pl0x

E: nvm, I am blind.
Fuck you and your edit. My super duper 50000 pixel wide version of that banner can't be reasonably posted now...

Or can it...

E: I guess not, cause the file types that actually save at that resolution don't display here.
http://members.shaw.ca/kevin_555/gametracker.tif

sevlag
October 24th, 2008, 07:59 AM
well it is nice to see someone start up a custom server, but if you wanna know the top servers in CE, here:

POQ coldsnap server

Ban free SnowGrove server (because noobs can't get enough of the teleporter camping)

TG server (despite the family friendly look these guys will sell you short if you piss them off [speaking from experience, not my fault that person jumped in front of my rocket >.>] and you'll just get banned)

ban free blood gulch server (seriously, BG is great, but ban free, reeks of botter made server)

there ARE other servers (ARK clan server) that don't get attention because of negative attention feedback from people who have been banned due to infractions they obtained in the server...

there are those servers that are locked and never see any use (bobble head server)
can't wait, and mind adding "insomnia" to the cycle? alot of people like it (including me >.<)

Pooky
October 24th, 2008, 10:00 AM
well it is nice to see someone start up a custom server, but if you wanna know the top servers in CE, here:

POQ coldsnap server

Ban free SnowGrove server (because noobs can't get enough of the teleporter camping)

TG server (despite the family friendly look these guys will sell you short if you piss them off [speaking from experience, not my fault that person jumped in front of my rocket >.>] and you'll just get banned)

ban free blood gulch server (seriously, BG is great, but ban free, reeks of botter made server)

there ARE other servers (ARK clan server) that don't get attention because of negative attention feedback from people who have been banned due to infractions they obtained in the server...

there are those servers that are locked and never see any use (bobble head server)
can't wait, and mind adding "insomnia" to the cycle? alot of people like it (including me >.<)

Ban free servers are not ban free, I'm banned from both of them :downs:

Cortexian
October 24th, 2008, 10:10 AM

POQ coldsnap server

I don't really see the point in you adding that post to this thread, I've been active on the "main" Halo CE boards since the game was launched back in 2003 or 2004 and I know what's what. The POQ server is one of the more active ones for a reason, it's full of idiots that think Coldsnap is a good map, same goes for Snowgrove (though it's a slightly better map imo). I got myself banned from that TG server crap, anyone who makes a "G Rated" server on an "M Rated" game deserves to be cussed.

Ban Free BG is fun, because I can go in and beat the shit out of noobie botters, but other than that, no.

This server is for the people that actually appriciate the real custom maps that were created for this game, the mapcycle was discussed in previous posts and most maps were only added after I had requests from 2 or more people.

NuggetWarmer
October 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM
If you could maybe, just maybe, add http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1042 Sniper Canyon, I'll love you and your server forever. :)

Kaishounashi
October 24th, 2008, 03:38 PM
cool, I hope this goes well for you!

I've been trying to get a feel for what maps people play and trying to incorporate it into my own server too. While i'm not expecting to ever have a 16 player game (full ctf 'siege' would be awesome though), maybe at least it'll introduce people new to the game to maps that actually have some sort of gameplay value.

Anyhow, might I suggest the following:

djw-deltastation - http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=221

or

fission_point - http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=710

These are small maps and are probably suited for maybe a 4 vs 4 ctf game (or 3 vs 3 for fission point).

Also, anyone ever played a game on this map?

Solitude (by mothergoat)
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1562

Looks interesting (minus the flying vehicles because people would just overuse them).

n00b1n8R
October 24th, 2008, 07:23 PM
join join join join join join

ultama121
October 24th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Ok.

Edit: That was awesome. Even if n00b and I were the only Modacity-ers there. ;)

n00b1n8R
October 24th, 2008, 09:06 PM
and even if we weren't even in the lancer's server. :3

ultama121
October 24th, 2008, 09:07 PM
:ssh:

Cortexian
October 24th, 2008, 10:26 PM
and even if we weren't even in the lancer's server. :3

:ssh:
Lmao.

I'm not seeing much activity in the server, so it will probably just die after this month. Unless I get donations of course.

n00b1n8R
October 24th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I don't have the maps it's running D:

link to the post with the rotation please.

Cortexian
October 24th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I don't have the maps it's running D:

link to the post with the rotation please.
http://lancersedge.exofire.net/

Read the news article about the new server, I have a map pack that's available for download there as well.

NuggetWarmer
October 25th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I like the server. You should promote it on more places.

FluffyDuckyâ„¢
October 25th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Server is good, just I haven't been on when everyone else is. :) The HCEL server on the other hand has been getting good amounts of traffic. :D

supersniper
October 25th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Is my server for this clan just invisible on that page Freelancer...

Siliconmaster
October 25th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I was just running around in the server a few minutes ago. Nobody home. D: Can't wait to run into someone else from here though. =D

Edit: After downloading the other maps I didn't have, I explored a little. Apparently I've never even seen some of these. I love the use of the skybox in Mudslide, and I had a great moment of discovery when I found "insignificantly less famous." If you know what I'm talking about, you'll understand why I lol'd: I had totally forgotten my name made it in there. xD

Cortexian
October 25th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I like the server. You should promote it on more places.
Like where? I'm not really signed up on any other Halo CE community sites atm.

Is my server for this clan just invisible on that page Freelancer...
What page?

Cortexian
November 27th, 2008, 02:46 AM

I got a referral for $29.95 from someone, server will be up for another month. :)