PDA

View Full Version : I has iphone too

Atty
July 29th, 2008, 11:16 AM
typing on this thing is eAsier then I thought it would be.

Disaster
July 29th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I wish I had an iPhone. :sad: Oh well have fun with it.

Heathen
July 29th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Seems like its pretty eAsy... lol

Still gotta wait till my bday.

flibitijibibo
July 29th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Still gotta wait until I have the money. :sad:

Corndogman
July 29th, 2008, 12:02 PM
My friend was gonna give me his old one once he bought the 3g, but now he's selling to someone else for $100.

Amit
July 29th, 2008, 03:32 PM
My friend was gonna give me his old one once he bought the 3g, but now he's selling to someone else for $100.

Why don't you buy it from him for $115 then? How can he refuse?

typing on this thing is eAsier then I thought it would be.

Not you too :smith:.

HDoan
July 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Getting it unlocked is :awesome: Mine is full of games and translators.

Corndogman
July 29th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Why don't you buy it from him for $115 then? How can he refuse?

I already have a perfectly good phone that's nearly brand new, but I would have taken the iphone if it was free. Its got a huge crack in the screen too.

Amit
July 29th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I already have a perfectly good phone that's nearly brand new, but I would have taken the iphone if it was free. Its got a huge crack in the screen too.

Oh, in that case...let em BURN!

Syuusuke
July 29th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Tell your friend I'll buy it for $ 110 =D

And whenever the 3G iphone gets unlocked, it'll be in my hands. I'm not a great fan of AT&T, and I'm sure they don't like me either.

n00b1n8R
July 30th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I am not planning on ever buying an iPhone.

Atty
July 30th, 2008, 08:46 AM
tbqh its ipod touch free with macbook :downs:

Heathen
July 30th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I am not planning on ever buying an iPhone.
Neither am I. I get it as a gift :D

legionaire45
July 31st, 2008, 02:31 PM
My phone's contract thingy is up so I can upgrade it now. Convince me to get an iPhone please D: .

beele
July 31st, 2008, 02:54 PM
My phone's contract thingy is up so I can upgrade it now. Convince me to get an iPhone please D: .

I'll give you a few points.

Decent web browsing.
Games with accelerometer.
decent phone.
good (not the best) camera.
more memory then most phones.
A whole load of apps you can get (when hacked)
Just to be cool.

HDoan
July 31st, 2008, 03:00 PM
Tell your friend I'll buy it for $ 110 =D

And whenever the 3G iphone gets unlocked, it'll be in my hands. I'm not a great fan of AT&T, and I'm sure they don't like me either.
I believe you can unlock the 3G now, my dad unlocked his 3G and my brothers.

dg
August 1st, 2008, 04:33 PM
How many times do I need to say this:
Unlock ≠ Jailbreak

The 3G iPhone does not have a working and public unlock. It does, however, have a working and public jailbreak.

legionaire45
August 1st, 2008, 05:05 PM
John Carmack (http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/01/carmack-says-iphone-is-more-powerful-than-a-nintendo-ds-and-psp/) convinced me. I'll get one soon xD.

Mr Buckshot
August 1st, 2008, 10:49 PM
I was quite interested in the iPhone when it was first announced, but later I realized my windows mobile PDA is just as good (if not better) in all respects except the touch screen (mine is standard QVGA, due to the presence of a few large buttons on the front face). In fact, the 2-MP camera on my PDA has a flash mode and true optical zoom, while the 2-MP camera on the iPhone is quite basic. My PDA also has a front-mounted video calling lens (although European and Asian iPhones will likely get that feature, which is unavailable on North American iPhones).

The only things I really like about the iPhone are its unbeatable screen and its excellent web-browsing capability. Other than that, it's not really that great. You can find PDAs that are more than a match for the iPhone for at least $50 less.

Congratulations on acquiring this iPhone anyway, have fun with it. I have tried out an iTouch (which has most of the iPhone features minus the camera/phone/Bluetooth) and I have to say that if you want to get the most out of your iPhone, surf the web on the go at every opportunity.

Rosco
August 2nd, 2008, 07:55 AM
Not worth the contract you have with 3g. Not for me anyway, especially when my phone is only rang by faggots wanting their tvs installed and such. Seems to me like a fancy pda, except theres no shitty os on it. :p The only advantage I found of having a pda is you can put GPS software on it. I have a pda that does this, but it's so slow and useless at doing what I want. I'd rather just get a simple phone.

Isn't the ipod touch just the same but without the phone bit?

HDoan
August 4th, 2008, 01:45 AM
How many times do I need to say this:
Unlock ≠ Jailbreak

Really? Because my dad and my brother have unlocked 3G's.

Masterz1337
August 4th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I love my iPhones.

dg
August 4th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Really? Because my dad and my brother have unlocked 3G's.

Jailbroken means "the cool stuff" is on the phones, such as emulators and themes. Unlocked means the phone is no longer AT&T (or Vodaphone, Orange, o2, etc. in Europe) exclusive and is working on another carrier's network.

Unless they are using the SIM-on-SIM unlock, which is extremely risky and highly illegal in most countries, I do not believe you. What country are you in and what network are the 3G iPhones working on?

kenney001
August 6th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Now I have seen quite a few unlocked 2g iphones with firmware 2.0. Is it a problem with the 3g phone itself or the firmware?

dg
August 6th, 2008, 04:25 PM
It's the 3G network and it's baseband. That's the problem.