PDA

View Full Version : Halo CE Problem

PlasbianX
August 1st, 2008, 08:02 PM
So I decided to get back into Halo CE, but my game is having issues. When I click on the exe to start the game, the splash screen (the one that appears right when you click the exe) comes up then I get the "Halo has encountered a problem and needs to close" pop up and the game quits loading before the main menu even comes up.

The only thing I can think of that corrupted it, was I believe I tried installing some yello .dll file a while ago and it stopped working sense then. Anybody know of a fix of some kind? :X

Heathen
August 1st, 2008, 08:13 PM
Same happened when I tried to get into it. It was some file that started with a d :/ Sure it was something with yelo. Just go to last modified. It will be either close to first or last.

PlasbianX
August 1st, 2008, 08:17 PM
Same happened when I tried to get into it. It was some file that started with a d :/ Sure it was something with yelo. Just go to last modified. It will be either close to first or last.

There was a D3D9.dll file or something, but removing it wont help cause I dont have the original.

Heathen
August 1st, 2008, 08:21 PM
Is there an original? I just deleted it :/

PlasbianX
August 1st, 2008, 08:22 PM
Im not sure lol. Been months since I played halo. I deleted that file and same problem.

Heathen
August 1st, 2008, 08:27 PM
:/

I can snap a pic of all my files and you can see if your missing anything...
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm61/HeathenHero/Plas.png

PlasbianX
August 1st, 2008, 08:35 PM
I have all the same files :/

EDIT: Ill just redownload CE. Is there a repair option?

Heathen
August 1st, 2008, 09:01 PM
I dont think so :/

PlasbianX
August 1st, 2008, 10:01 PM
Seems normal Halo is giving me the same problem. Help? :X

Heathen
August 1st, 2008, 10:07 PM
maybe you need to like run as administrator or something like that. Something with permissions.

PlasbianX
August 1st, 2008, 10:09 PM
I am the administrator of my PC.

Heathen
August 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM
Well I am useless then :/

Blam!
August 1st, 2008, 10:40 PM
HPC has a repair option; idk about HCE.

Jelly
August 2nd, 2008, 03:50 AM
If you're using Vista, you might need the Vista Compatability Fix (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1884) to stop it checking for DirectX. Back up your strings.dll and haloce.exe files first, though.

PlasbianX
August 2nd, 2008, 07:51 AM
Nah im on XP still. I did a fresh install of both PC and CE and still doesnt work :/

Jelly
August 2nd, 2008, 08:38 AM
Are you running Xfire or DXTweaker when you run Halo?

PlasbianX
August 2nd, 2008, 08:55 AM
Are you running Xfire or DXTweaker when you run Halo?

Nope. Only programs I have open are Trillian and mIRC

Jelly
August 3rd, 2008, 10:31 AM
Try uninstalling Halo CE, then removing the "Program Files/Microsoft Games/Halo Custom Edition" directory if it still remains. Remove the "/My Documents/My Games/Halo CE" directory as well and run a registry cleaner like the one in CCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/) to remove any remaining traces. Reinstall it after you've got rid of those traces and see if it gives you the same problem.

PlasbianX
August 8th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Found out what my problem was lol. When I turn trillian off, halo works just fine. For some reason halo just hates trillian lol.

StankBacon
August 8th, 2008, 03:06 PM
lol thats odd, i have trillian running with halo all the time.

PlasbianX
August 8th, 2008, 06:29 PM
lol thats odd, i have trillian running with halo all the time.

Well I started exploring trillian to find the problem, and located what in trillian was causing the problem. I had a xfire plugin that basically worked exactly as xfire but as part of trillian. Disabling that plugin allowed me to play halo with trillian on still.

So its all good, i can play again :)