PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Volumes

halopro77
August 5th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Hey,im modding A30 so u can play it on multiplayer and made it snowy(no AI and all that shit).How do i add a trigger volume to switch BSPs from A30_a to A30_b?I looked at p0lar_beArs tut but i dont wanna do that with AI.My x fire user name is halopro77.

:D

Ifafudafi
August 5th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Multiplayer maps cannot have multiple BSPs, for obvious reasons.

I'd also recommend you work on your spelling/grammar. I had to read over your post 3 times to fully comprehend what you were asking.

Kalub
August 6th, 2008, 01:03 AM

I'd also recommend you work on your spelling/grammar. I had to read over your post 3 times to fully comprehend what you were asking.

Fail.

Sure they can, you just have to know how to do it ;)

halopro77
August 6th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Fail.

Sure they can, you just have to know how to do it ;)

How 0.o?

My x fire user name is halopro77,please add me.

Delta4907
August 6th, 2008, 11:44 AM
The only way ive found out how to switch bsps in mp is to add a two trigger volumes for going back and forth, name the one thats going from the first bsp to the secon bsp 0,1 and the other one thats going from the second bsp to the first bsp to bsp 1,0 this automaticly switches the bsp when anyone enters the trigger volume, and is the same method bungie used in campaign.

Con
August 6th, 2008, 11:46 AM

Snowgrove and Hugeass use multiple BSPs for day and night

Kalub
August 6th, 2008, 12:12 PM
One of Jahrains script tests had 4 bsp's for sunrise, midday, sunset, and night.
One of Tweeks test maps had a few.

The list goes on.....

Con
August 6th, 2008, 01:11 PM
did jahrain's BSP scripts sync for everyone.. so you could join the game and have the same time of day as everyone else?

Ifafudafi
August 6th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I stand corrected.

(gtfos topic)

halopro77
August 7th, 2008, 12:54 PM
did jahrain's BSP scripts sync for everyone.. so you could join the game and have the same time of day as everyone else?

How can I switch Bsps on multiplayer maps like on campaign?(I dont want to change it to day or night)Can i just add a teleporter to a30_a that links to a teleporter in a30_b?:cool:

Hazard1337
August 7th, 2008, 02:33 PM
How can I switch Bsps on multiplayer maps like on campaign?(I dont want to change it to day or night)Can i just add a teleporter to a30_a that links to a teleporter in a30_b?:cool:No, once you go from one BSP to the other in sapien, the stuff on the other BSP dissapears. I think it goes like Delta49 said it does, i've never tried it myself but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

Delta4907
August 7th, 2008, 06:06 PM
How can I switch Bsps on multiplayer maps like on campaign?(I dont want to change it to day or night)Can i just add a teleporter to a30_a that links to a teleporter in a30_b?:cool:

Read what i said. I explained how to go back and forth between bsps without scripting.

Polamee
May 15th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Nevermind. I didn't realize how old this was.