PDA

View Full Version : The Problem With Halo CE (Rant)

sdavis117
August 9th, 2008, 02:56 PM
There's one problem in Halo Custom Edition that really ruins it in some cases:

noobs.

And I don't just mean the type of noobs that suck, or the ones that can't take a loss, I mean all noobs. This goes into a ton of subcategories:

Hosting Noobs
Aimbotters
Noobs that call everyone else aimbotters no matter what
Political Debate in middle of game Noobs
10 Year Old Noobs
Role-Playing Noobs
Skydiving-Stunt Noobs

You all know the problem with aimbotters, but that's just one issue.

Hosting Noobs, Role-Players, and Stunt Noobs all can go in the same sub-rant, because I have one thing to say to them: If you have a low ping server, just host a normal game on it. I don't want to see a lowping server wasted on hosting Skydiving Lessons in Extinction. I mean come on. And specifically for Hosting Noobs: Host Good Maps. I'm tired of seeing Extinction, Coldsnap, Chronolopilis, and now RPG_Beta_5 being hosted on most of the servers. They aren't that great of maps. Host the good maps. And also I hate it where there are a ton of servers hosting BloodGulch. I mean come on, if you want to host Bloodgulch, load up the normal Halo, and stop cluttering my Halo CE.

Noobs that call everyone else aimbotters no matter what noobs get on my nerve because every game there is atleast one guy who calls me a bot. If you are so worried about botting, grab a sightjacker and check before you get someone banned because you suck at Halo. I have been banned more times then I can count (by host noobs probably) because some sore loser calls me a bot for headshotting him while hes standing still.

Political Debate in middle of game Noobs are just plain annoying because I'm here to play Halo, not get into the need to help the country. If you really need to have a political debate, I bet you that there are plenty of sites where you can go to, just don't spam my Halo.

And the 10 year old noobs are pretty self explanatory.

Sorry, just a rant I needed to get off my chest. You don't need to say anything, you don't even need to read it (perfect message to put at the end of the rant, isn't it). I just myself needed to type it.

AAA
August 9th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I agree and this post may seem like a ranting of how you feel about the game, but I know where you're coming from, man.

NullZero
August 9th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I read it.

QQ

Zeph
August 9th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Just as with anygame anywhere anytime, if you dont like the servers, host your own and police who is on it.

sdavis117
August 9th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Problem with that:

I can't host. I tested yesterday if I could host, I tried everything, yet I still can't host.

blind
August 9th, 2008, 03:44 PM
The only problem with Halo CE is that we're missing one very key server.
RIP HIVE

STLRamsFan
August 9th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Halo CE was much more fun back in the days. Sadly a lot of the cooler players left to other things (college, work, new games, ect). These days I usually use Halo as a chat room with any of the oldies I happen to come across.

DrunkenSamus
August 9th, 2008, 04:41 PM
All good things must come to an end.:(

Pooky
August 9th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Halo CE was much more fun back in the days. Sadly a lot of the cooler players left to other things (college, work, new games, ect). These days I usually use Halo as a chat room with any of the oldies I happen to come across.

^

Also, stunters aren't noobs, that's like calling Con a noob. Some people just like that sort of thing.

Besides, you forgot 2 important kinds of noobs, gulch tards and coldsnap faggots.

blind
August 9th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Stunts got old after the second time.
We've already done fucking everything there is to do in the game.
Also, don't forget the "buy your way into a clan" noobs :smith: