PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Bungie's Edge for the Interactive Innovation Award Vid...

teh lag
August 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Saw this on HBO :

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/251427.html

E: E : High-res of this (and their G-Phoria award) posted on B.net

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=15149

A new Bungie product - with a full map editor (and bots)?
Very cool - looks like someone uploaded the acceptance speech vid Bungie sent to Edge for the Interactive Innovation Award announced yesterday. It clearly shows a lot of very, very interesting additions to Forge - might we be seeing these innovations in a release from Bungie sometime? (This could explain why some of the voice actors were recording new dialogue not too long ago...) Looks like MasterChief2829 was first in our forum with the news (and the forum has exploded with excitement over it). (Louis Wu 13:32:49 UTC) (permalink)

Watch the video until the end... that looks like something that would seriously be cool. Not only the very end scene, but also the implications of them having all those bipeds around.

E : At the end... the background *almost* looks like the one from the Superintendent countdown...

E2 : Yeah. Bottom-right, it's clearly the Superintendent's head. Makes you think about what's going on at Bungie.

Rentafence
August 12th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Or maybe they edited the maps just for the video, and made an unfinished map for lulz. >_>

Choking Victim
August 12th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Alot of people are claiming they'll allow you to place bots in multiplayer. Frankly, with the way maps are set up, I don't see how this will be possible. Multiplayer maps don't have any of the singleplayer bipeds stored in the map file, and the external storage map files just seem to have rawdata in them, not actual biped tags and such. Unless their capable of loading tags directly from the sp map files. :confused2:

Edward Elrich
August 12th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Did we not learn what happens when you put bots in multiplayer maps from Halo CE? If this is the case, hopefully the epic lag will be fixed...

For all we know, it's the survival mode people were clamoring for when Halo 3 was still in production.

BobtheGreatII
August 12th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Did we not learn what happens when you put bots in multiplayer maps from Halo CE? If this is the case, hopefully the epic lag will be fixed...

Yeah, but that was Halo CE's net code... it's been vastly updated since then, being we're on the 3rd game and all.

Con
August 12th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Whatever they're cooking up, I like it.

Masterz1337
August 12th, 2008, 01:54 PM
It's not upgraded, its' an entirely new system. H!'s daisy chain netcode was scrapped with the development of H2.

Anton
August 12th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I thought there were AI in H3 MP already :\ ... Maybe I'm just confused.

Hotrod
August 12th, 2008, 02:25 PM
The AI will work online, just look at online Co-op. That problem has been fixed since Halo 2, I believe, since some mods have AI, and they work online.

EDIT : If it is a map maker, how much do you want to bet that we're gonna get a remake of every single Halo 1 and Halo 2 map?

Sever
August 12th, 2008, 02:42 PM
From what I could tell, it wasn't a full-scale editor, but instead something very similar to Time Splitters 2's level creator, where you have a multitude of different building blocks that can be arranged in various ways. Still, we'll be seeing all of the classics from the Halo series, as well as other games, constructed almost immediately, I can assure you.

Agnaiel
August 12th, 2008, 02:51 PM
From what I could tell, it wasn't a full-scale editor, but instead something very similar to Time Splitters 2's level creator, where you have a multitude of different building blocks that can be arranged in various ways.

Sorta like Forge on Foundry.:raise:

I don't know what to think of this. I mean, it looks incredible, but they could just be playing a trick on us...

Still, if they aren't, it'll be :awesome:

Kornman00
August 12th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I find it funny how your all jumping to the conclusion that this has anything to do with a new forge or forge related product when nothing about editing maps was even mentioned in the video.

DEElekgolo
August 12th, 2008, 02:59 PM
"A Halo multiplayer only title. Focusing even harder on community aspects with level editor and scripted events for things like theater mode.
Available for both download to hdd and retail. Available for 3500 microsoft points."

ODX
August 12th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Oh look, now it's a perfect game to make Machinima :| Just because you could put down your pistol/plasma pistol in Halo 1, and make it look like your talking, Halo has pretty much become the best game to make Machinima. Now look how far it's gone.

Choking Victim
August 12th, 2008, 03:12 PM
"A Halo multiplayer only title. Focusing even harder on community aspects with level editor and scripted events for things like theater mode.
Available for both download to hdd and retail. Available for 3500 microsoft points."
Sauce Source would be nice.

OmegaDragon
August 12th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Looks epic :o
I wonder if it's like those place a pre-made object and start stacking them up to make a map map editor or a full map editor where you can make your own terrain. Or maybe like some kind of expansion like HCE(lol H3:CE)

Or maybe its the starting idea for H3 PC O.o

Rentafence
August 12th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Or maybe it's just a fucking edited map they made for the fucking video. :haw:

DEElekgolo
August 12th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Quoteing ScottyGEE

PlasbianX
August 12th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Quoteing ScottyGEE

From where? Where did he post it?

Anton
August 12th, 2008, 04:14 PM
ScottyGEE is a normal from HaloMods. He's very legit, but I think he was kidding when posting that.. -____- Dee hunter.... never explain things.. :rolleyes:

Rob Oplawar
August 12th, 2008, 06:05 PM
*cautious optimism and excitement*

Zeph
August 12th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I've said it on GBX and I'll reiterate it here. Halo 1's encounter system is relatively complex. It's only grown since then.

Creating new levels in Forge wont happen. The best you're going to get is another Foundry like level. An entire farm of 360s and computers takes hours upon hours to run lightmaps for a level. Your single little 360 would take forever.

That video was recorded thanks to Sapien. They dropped blank actors into the level and used debug commands to possess them and control them. They even have a non-halo 3 BSP in there.

DaneO'Roo
August 12th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Halo with bots?

It's about fucking time :awesome:

PenGuin1362
August 12th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I've said it on GBX and I'll reiterate it here. Halo 1's encounter system is relatively complex. It's only grown since then.

Creating new levels in Forge wont happen. The best you're going to get is another Foundry like level. An entire farm of 360s and computers takes hours upon hours to run lightmaps for a level. Your single little 360 would take forever.

That video was recorded thanks to Sapien. They dropped blank actors into the level and used debug commands to possess them and control them. They even have a non-halo 3 BSP in there.

If anything it looks like they might just have a block editing tool similar to the source engine...except on a much simpler level.

Hotrod
August 12th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Or maybe it's just a fucking edited map they made for the fucking video. :haw:
Way to ruin our hopes :saddowns:

If it was something so simple, why would they make a video announcement-type thing for it, and why make it so it looks like such a big deal? I have a feeling that it's more than just a video showing off that they can do stuff that we can't.

Rentafence
August 12th, 2008, 10:32 PM
If it was something so simple, why would they make a video announcement-type thing for it

Because telling Sarge and Miranda that they're supposed to be dead, portraying their big black security guard as a hunter, and telling the Brutes to go bitch at Microsoft is funny. :mad:

Sorta.

Not really

Zeph
August 12th, 2008, 10:35 PM
If it was something so simple, why would they make a video announcement-type thing for it, and why make it so it looks like such a big deal? I have a feeling that it's more than just a video showing off that they can do stuff that we can't.

O_o

Wasn't this their acceptance video for some sort of an award? Bungie's always made videos like this since machinima kicked off and became popular. This in no way looks like a "video announcement-type" thing.

Hotrod
August 12th, 2008, 10:46 PM
O_o

Wasn't this their acceptance video for some sort of an award? Bungie's always made videos like this since machinima kicked off and became popular. This in no way looks like a "video announcement-type" thing.
Well, the end part looks like a "video announcement-type" thing when he says "there's no way we're showing this now", meaning that there's something to be shown. Though, it could also be that Bungie is trying to bring our hopes up for no reason, though I don't see why they'd do that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what this is, if it is anything.

Zeph
August 12th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Let me give you a brief history on Bungie and announcements

g7-Qg7-IvGI

ex8K2fEhTyI

BIUHd-kejAs

1xlTtnnGuA4

CUIt4Wbmmmo

-NZodGQ0G90

I'm sorry, but your video acceptance speech doesn't fit in with the pattern of what's supposed to be an announcement.

Hotrod
August 12th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Ok, maybe announcement wasn't the correct term to use. What I meant to say is that they were hinting towards something being released, probably for Halo 3, and by the looks of it, it could be a map editor.

p0lar_bear
August 12th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Uh, no?

Bungie just decided to whip out Sapien and have fun to make an acceptance speech. The guy simply said that they can't come because they have something awesome in the works, followed by "Microsoft holds the Halo IP."

If it was a H3EK, that would be a Microsoft (or third-party) announcement.

Terin
August 13th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Well, he emphasized on community-driven content, had bots in the video for no apparent reason (besides the one we're debating), they're planning to have some big changes in September, they said that the ride for Halo 3 is far from over, and he said "don't tell the internet." Plus, that grid map looked like something along the lines of an editor.

I do not think we would get a fully-fledged editor complete with displacement and plane creating, but maybe something a little more powerful than Forge, with AI and scripted events, and a system where you could put together terrain parts (like that copper thing).

EDIT:

VideosI'd say, if anything, that this video is more along the lines of the ARGs. Obviously, they aren't games, but they're little hints to the community through various sources. The Gphoria video could be linked to this video, as we saw a simple, but never before seen map, with a bunch of other elites/AI in the background, which were scripted to die. It's not a straight out annoucement by any means, but it builds a little hype and speculation about it.

Con
August 13th, 2008, 12:45 AM
So, it looks like some sort of level-building thing..

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3640/capturerg5.png

Hotrod
August 13th, 2008, 01:02 AM
That's what I've been trying to say all along...Thanks for posting the pic.

Kornman00
August 13th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Its bungie's version of the holodeck...thats an arch right there, durrrr :downs:

Longshot
August 13th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Uh, no?

Bungie just decided to whip out Sapien and have fun to make an acceptance speech. The guy simply said that they can't come because they have something awesome in the works, followed by "Microsoft holds the Halo IP."

If it was a H3EK, that would be a Microsoft (or third-party) announcement.
Create the BSP on PC and transfer it to Xbox? That would be awesome, but I don't think it's possible.

A mission editor for multiplayer would be kind of cool too.

Hotrod
August 13th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Its bungie's version of the holodeck...thats an arch right there, durrrr :downs:
How did I not see it before? You just say "Computer, run program <enter name here>", then you can play in a map that's an area from any book, movie or from real life. Why create a map when you can have a holodeck?;)

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 13th, 2008, 10:12 AM
hmm, Maybe it will have snippets of other maps cut out and able to be placed?

flibitijibibo
August 13th, 2008, 11:34 AM
I hope to god this makes its way to the PC. Making maps/AI with a controller = :gonk:

teh lag
August 13th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I hope to god this makes its way to the PC. Making maps/AI with a controller = :gonk:

At the most, I would think whatever the "map editor" (if it's even that) would just be a blank slate with a ton of forge pieces; seeing how well people have handled forge I would think there would be no need for a different interface.

And thinking about the bipeds, more and more I'm thinking they'd just be placeable for machinima purposes if at all. Zeph's point about the complexity of encounter systems (and, for the above matter, lightmaps) is a very good one... it made me realize what would go into making bots.

Also, am I the only one who notices a red-ish... outline on the structure in Con's pic? Just noticed it.

Rentafence
August 13th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Alright alright. Here's my take: The last scene with the structure there on the blue grid is supposed to be a piece from a new map they're making.

Terin
August 13th, 2008, 02:38 PM
A very very very wide open blue grid with a single, strange structure in the middle? Um, probably not.

Rentafence
August 13th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Why the hell not? You gotta remember that the average kid that plays Halo 3 doesn't understand how making a new map works. It would be rather confusing to him to see a piece of a new map floating in the sky, so they threw in a blue grid on the ground.

blind
August 13th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I only have one question.
How did Halo 3 win the award?

Ki11a_FTW
August 13th, 2008, 03:20 PM
i really have to get my xbox fixed :fail:

Con
August 13th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Also, am I the only one who notices a red-ish... outline on the structure in Con's pic? Just noticed it.
I don't see it :\

Huero
August 13th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Why the hell not? You gotta remember that the average kid that plays Halo 3 doesn't understand how making a new map works. It would be rather confusing to him to see a piece of a new map floating in the sky, so they threw in a blue grid on the ground.

because it would be stupid to just show us an arch. Generally they would show us a few screenshots, or some concept art.

DEElekgolo
August 13th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Maybe an xbox version of sapien.

Rentafence
August 13th, 2008, 06:28 PM
because it would be stupid to just show us an arch. Generally they would show us a few screenshots, or some concept art.

Along with the quote "It's waaaaay to early to show this!"? :raise:

teh lag
August 13th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Along with the quote "It's waaaaay to early to show this!"? :raise:

Actually, it was "there is NO way we're showing this yet!"

Also, forget the outline thing I said; it's just the reflection color on the metal.

E : High-res of this (and their G-Phoria award) posted on B.net

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=15149

E2 : Nobody in the G4 vid has shadows... Interesting.

Terin
August 13th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Probably because there are so many bipeds on screen at once. It's one of their performance optimizers.

Anyways, both videos have the super-intendent on it in the end. Perhaps this whole thing is a big expansion of some kind, that was going to be announced at E3? Could be much more than a level creator. Maybe.

Pics in here,
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/2062/gphorianx6.png
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4977/edge1ky0.png
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/1924/edge2hj7.png
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/504/keepitcleanzv7.pngI'm looking forward to September...

DEElekgolo
August 13th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I also noticed that the map in the first picture is weird. But if there are some new textures then this must be a new map. Also its easy to mod a map so there are a bunch of spartans or Elites in it.

Hotrod
August 13th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Does anybody have a link to the video that the first picture is from?

Saggy
August 13th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I know this may be a long shot, and is kind of unlikely, but maybe they're adding more campaign levels, kind of like what GTA IV is doing. I know that sounds stupid but it's a theory.

E: Actually, scratch that. Maybe they have updated the engine to allow hundreds of entities on screen at one time, like Gears of War 2. This could, I guess, allow for more campaign levels with much wider scale battles. But then again, all of what I said could be shit and all it is is just a level editor of some sort. Guess I'll have to wait.

JunkfoodMan
August 13th, 2008, 10:22 PM
The style of that map so far looks like Sandtrap.

Terin
August 13th, 2008, 11:31 PM
I also noticed that the map in the first picture is weird. But if there are some new textures then this must be a new map. Also its easy to mod a map so there are a bunch of spartans or Elites in it.It's a custom made map. And, the "editor" might be able to place a bunch of entities on it's own, and do scripted events with them, like the killing of those few in the front.

Does anybody have a link to the video that the first picture is from?http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid15149

I know this may be a long shot, and is kind of unlikely, but maybe they're adding more campaign levels, kind of like what GTA IV is doing. I know that sounds stupid but it's a theory.

E: Actually, scratch that. Maybe they have updated the engine to allow hundreds of entities on screen at one time, like Gears of War 2. This could, I guess, allow for more campaign levels with much wider scale levels. But then again, all of what I said could be shit and all it is is just a level editor of some sort. Guess I'll have to wait.Maybe not adding their own levels, but letting users create their own. Or, at least, create multiplayer maps with AI in them (then again, co-op campaign is multiplayer, so something along that line.

The style of that map so far looks like Sandtrap.If there's a new editor that allows users to create their own maps, then I'd bet it would use some stock textures, like Sandtrap's or Valhalla's or such.

Kornman00
August 14th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Hmmmm...check out the reflections in his visor when hes in that tron area...

ultama121
August 14th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Wait... what? I see something there... not exactly sure what that is though. That is, if your referring to this picture here:

t3h m00kz
August 14th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Come onnnnn customs browser *crosses fingers*

teh lag
August 14th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Wait... what? I see something there... not exactly sure what that is though. That is, if your referring to this picture here:

0_o look in the bottom left... the grid overlaps the structure...

Suddenly, my hopes that the last sequence was genuine footage of something real are greatly reduced.

Hotrod
August 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM
0_o look in the bottom left... the grid overlaps the structure...

Suddenly, my hopes that the last sequence was genuine footage of something real are greatly reduced.
It could be that you don't see the grid while you're in the "map editor", or just that the object is behind it, not on top. Or, it could just be a glitch. I'm sure that it's something real...I hope...

Choking Victim
August 14th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Instance Geometry sometimes intersects the main BSP, it's possible that the structure he's standing on is instance geometry and the grid is the main BSP with a transparent shader applied...

Con
August 14th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Maybe the whole point of the level-maker is to build a level from instance geometry or something.

DEElekgolo
August 14th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Hmm. Machinima...

Kornman00
August 14th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Maybe the whole point of the level-maker is to build a level from instance geometry or something.
instance geometry can't be spawned\moved like regular objects can, sryz connor

maybe the whole point is to build a bridge and get over it because there will never be a new forge\map editor mwahahahahaha!

Rentafence
August 14th, 2008, 01:35 PM
A bridge too far

Terin
August 14th, 2008, 04:22 PM
instance geometry can't be spawned\moved like regular objects can, sryz connor

maybe the whole point is to build a bridge and get over it because there will never be a new forge\map editor mwahahahahaha!Then why would bungie post two hi-def videos about community interaction if they were just fooling around in Sapien? >_>

Rentafence
August 14th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Because it was an acceptance speech for an award?

Terin
August 14th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Then why would they post it on Bungie.net? And why would there be the "Keep it clean" and co. content on the end of it? And why would they both have scripted AI events and unique geometry on them? And why would luke want them "to not tell the internet"? And such.

Rentafence
August 14th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Then why would they post it on Bungie.net?

They post all their videos on their website.

And why would there be the "Keep it clean" and co. content on the end of it?

Viral.

And why would they both have scripted AI events and unique geometry on them?

To make it funny

And why would luke want them "to not tell the internet"? And such.

Because they're working on something they don't want to tell about yet. None of that means they're working on a new version of forge. =p

Terin
August 14th, 2008, 04:39 PM
*sigh* Ok, let me expand the "and such."

Why would he say "Just because in Halo 3 you finished the fight, it doesn't necessarily mean that the ride is over. Wait a second, there's no way we're announcing this yet!" And this was in the whole "community interaction" theme. And explain the blue grid and instance geometry.

And the geometry and AI. Yes. Very hilarious. They showcased them just for the lulz.

Rentafence
August 14th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Why would he say "Just because in Halo 3 you finished the fight, it doesn't necessarily mean that the ride is over. Wait a second, there's no way we're announcing this yet!"

Because they're working on something new? How does that support the idea of a new forge at all?

And this was in the whole "community interaction" theme. And explain the blue grid and instance geometry.

They were explaining how community was a big part of their projects, and were extending a sort of thank you to the community.

And explain the blue grid and instance geometry.

First of all, who said it's even instanced? Second, it must be a piece of a new map in the works. The blue grid is simply there to give an idea of where the ground is. Showcasing a map (or a small piece of it) floating in air won't make sense to the average kid playing the game, because he doesn't understand how shit gets done. That's my idea of why it's there. Of course I could be totally wrong on that count.

And the geometry and AI. Yes. Very hilarious. They showcased them just for the lulz.

Yup. As for the G4 video, they had a biped in there to represent everyone at Bungie. They do machinima shit, simple as that. They're just taking advantage of things we don't have.

Kornman00
August 15th, 2008, 01:10 AM
It was "showing" not "announcing".

And like they said...they're all hard at work on something new. Microsoft controls the Halo IP now, you need to take it up with them. Have your people call MS's people. Not Bungie's.

Look at it this way, the way the video was put together, it was almost like a going away video. Saying good bye to the flood, no more brutes, toodles to MC and Cort still trying to work it out, RIP to the SGM and the Commander who they killed off (time to find new work!). You may have finished the fight in Halo 3, but that doesn't mean there won't be more goodness for the game from Bungie (ie, the Sept matchmaking content).

And in all honesty, that doesn't look to be a single structure. What hes standing on looks like two platforms put together (look at the little stumps at the end, and how by his feet its like two ends are meeting). While whats behind him looks like a L shaped piece. Maybe its a Pipe Dream Foundry map? What ever it is, it's not going to be a new forge.

AAA
August 15th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Maybe it is!! :v:

Zeph
August 15th, 2008, 05:28 AM
oiy, I had to quit the internet for a few days after this thread. at least I think it's been a few days.

Alright alright. Here's my take: The last scene with the structure there on the blue grid is supposed to be a piece from a new map they're making.

Or it's a tron reference they use for simple testing.

E2 : Nobody in the G4 vid has shadows... Interesting.

Probably because it's a quick build of the scenario with the most basic of lightmap given so you can see things.

Hmmmm...check out the reflections in his visor when hes in that tron area...

At least I'm not the only one to get the tron reference.

edit: Probably a cubemap from another map. Remember how they went away with real time reflections on the visor?

Then why would bungie post two hi-def videos about community interaction if they were just fooling around in Sapien? >_>

Because Bungie is popular, people want to see anything they do, and they're nice enough to put stuff up for its fans?

Then why would they post it on Bungie.net? And why would there be the "Keep it clean" and co. content on the end of it? And why would they both have scripted AI events and unique geometry on them? And why would luke want them "to not tell the internet"? And such.

Wow, you've got a phd in sarcasm dont you?

*sigh* Ok, let me expand the "and such."

Why would he say "Just because in Halo 3 you finished the fight, it doesn't necessarily mean that the ride is over. Wait a second, there's no way we're announcing this yet!" And this was in the whole "community interaction" theme. And explain the blue grid and instance geometry.

You're not making the connection between map packs and "doesn't mean the ride is over" are you?

Evil_Monkey
August 15th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Wow 6 posts after each other, couldnt you have pressed the edit button.

Rosco
August 15th, 2008, 07:53 AM

Each post refurred to something different, no need to edit. :)

Choking Victim
August 15th, 2008, 07:56 AM
At least I'm not the only one to get the tron reference.

edit: Probably a cubemap from another map. Remember how they went away with real time reflections on the visor?
They use regional cubemaps, which is just as good imo. I think they use rtr in some cinematic sequences though.

Pooky
August 15th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I only have one question.
How did Halo 3 win the award?

Seriously. I was thinking it would be Portal :\

Con
August 15th, 2008, 01:30 PM
maybe the whole point is to build a bridge and get over it because there will never be a new forge\map editor mwahahahahaha!
You're the kind of person who crushes dreams and kicks puppies :mad::mad:

jngrow
August 15th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I don't think it will be a new forge of any sort, but it will definitely be something more than just "some more new maps". The maps are going to have some sort of crazy features, or something.

Oh, and this:
The reasons why we couldn't be on-hand are certainly alluded to these flicks. from the Bungie site also hints that it will probably be something more than regular-ol new maps.

Kornman00
August 23rd, 2008, 07:02 AM
this is why (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=15268) you shouldn't read too far into things.

told you so

thehoodedsmack
August 23rd, 2008, 07:23 AM
Nice update. Clears some stuff up, and that TRAXUS shirt is sick.

Zeph
August 23rd, 2008, 10:00 AM

Not everyone posts in linear mode. You should try threaded or even hybrid mode sometimes.

Kornman00
August 23rd, 2008, 11:05 AM
you should try being less of a narc sometimes...narc

Terin
August 23rd, 2008, 12:39 PM
this is why (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=15268) you shouldn't read too far into things.

told you soi r teh nubcaek lawlawlawlawl :saddowns:

Con
August 24th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Sand Tarp, lulz

Sever
August 24th, 2008, 01:16 AM
I'm all for removing shield doors, except for the fact that I've been owning people with the unexpected and underrated anti-shield-door weapon lately on both of those maps: the Plasma Rifle. Seriously, that thing is dangerous, and highly underestimated. A half-a second of fire and a melee takes anyone out. I just played a game on Snowbound using basically nothing but the PR and came out with a 2:1 kill-death ratio. I even took out a guy who just picked up an Overshield.

And yes, Sand Tarp, lulz

p0lar_bear
August 24th, 2008, 03:22 AM
I hope the game update will do something about shitty matchmaking match ups. I'm sick to death of getting paired up against teams of fucking generals that talk constant shit and must end the game with nothing less than 90% accuracy and the same number of headshots as their kills. :|

LinkandKvel
August 24th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Squad Battle is gonna be the shit. That's gonna be my favorite, I already know it.

Limited
August 24th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Team Doubles will require all DLC? Gay.

Terin
August 24th, 2008, 10:12 PM
It's a console. Go play TF2 if you want all of your content free. :awesome:

All of the playlist updates look awesome to me, and make sense from Bungie's standpoint.

PenGuin1362
August 25th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I hope the game update will do something about shitty matchmaking match ups. I'm sick to death of getting paired up against teams of fucking generals that talk constant shit and must end the game with nothing less than 90% accuracy and the same number of headshots as their kills. :|

I like games like those cause they remind me of much better my life is compared to theirs because I don't have rely on virtual friends and girls whose names end in .jpg to enjoy myself :p

JDMFSeanP
August 25th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I like games like those cause they remind me of much better my life is compared to theirs because I don't have rely on virtual friends and girls whose names end in .jpg to enjoy myself :p

How can someone being better at you at a videogame correlate to virtual friends and pictures of girls?

Your really ignorant.

PenGuin1362
August 25th, 2008, 03:51 PM
You're* :eng101:

And I think arrogant would have been a better word choice for that.

And that was a reference to people who obsess over their stats. And they correlate perfectly; those who are so obsessed over something so meaningless tend to have a horrid grasp on their priories in life.

Kornman00
August 26th, 2008, 01:00 AM
:words:
I still need to get my 35 :|

Cortexian
August 26th, 2008, 02:19 AM

Go watch the Halo 3 Legendary ending? I refuse to believe that they put that ending in there for shits and giggles. There's going to be more story with the Chief and Cortana, maybe not from their perspective, but it will be there.