PDA

View Full Version : [MOD] SomethingTeam

Pages : [1] 2

FRain
August 16th, 2008, 04:56 PM
So I've put enough work onto SomethingTeam, so I might as well show it. Read before you start posting comments like:

"THIS IS SHIT"

"ALL IT IS IS BLOODGULCH WITH A FEW ROCKS ADDED"

"GTFO NOOB"

"STOP TRYING TO BE A MODDER BECAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKSTICK" (what?)

"lol"

"LOCK IT BECAUES THIS SUCKS NAO"

I'm the ONLY person that has worked on this mod. All of my content came from old H3T, or other and has been edited to be 100% more better, or was created newly, or edited from Halo 1.

In short, I need help. I've been able to get this far but I really can't do EVERYTHING in this mod.
The tests were alot of fun, gameplay-wise, but graphically are pretty poor. I need a few people to help me with this so it can become better.

The video is here

YpTT8PJetPI

SomethingTeam's idea is to get a taste of h1, h2, h3, expanded universe, and custom in.

Give me feedback, criticism, and if you'd like to join just PM me because I really need help. like.

"really"

Positions open:

Unwrapper -

If this gets out of hand too quickly, I'll lololololockedk.

ICEE
August 16th, 2008, 05:06 PM
The animations seem much better.

Sel
August 16th, 2008, 05:06 PM
When you began putting clips near the end where you were locked onto the target, it looked like you were aimbotting.

Also, why bloodgulch, theres so many less bland maps out there that you could use as a testing map, would leave a better taste in the video watchers mouths.

Roostervier
August 16th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Work on your animations please. Most are inconsistent in time (it's a bit difficult to explain) and choppy. Spend some more time on your existing ones, and if you work on them right, they should turn out fine.

FRain
August 16th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I personally before we tested was going to do Infinity, but, we only ended up with 5 testers, so I decided on bloodgulch.

Rentafence
August 16th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Please use the H1 MC, all other bipeds look like crap. I'm begging you.

Sel
August 16th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I personally before we tested was going to do Infinity, but, we only ended up with 5 testers, so I decided on bloodgulch.

I meant something custom, like cliffhanger, or something.

Dr Pepper
August 16th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I really like this. Great job. You need som rep cookies!
I lik the assualt rife the most

Bastinka
August 16th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Eh, it's still bloodgulch I say. I'll try it when I get back home, so I can crit on the 'feel' of the map.

n00b1n8R
August 16th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Also, why bloodgulch, theres so many less bland maps out there that you could use as a testing map, would leave a better taste in the video watchers mouths.
Your kidding. Your picking on his choice of test map? :fail:

Sel
August 16th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Your kidding. Your picking on his choice of test map? :fail:

I played 5 rounds on bloodgulch today, I'm sick of it D:

Anton
August 16th, 2008, 06:28 PM
It's a test map.. what does that have to do with you playing it?

Also, I like what I see so far. Especially the AR and the biped is alright.

Bastinka
August 16th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Scale blood gulch down, it always needed to be IMO.

Sel
August 16th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I know its a test map, I'm just saying, that a better overall effect with the video could be achieved, if he used a map that hasn't been played by just about everyone here, 5000 times :|

Bastinka
August 16th, 2008, 07:23 PM
..or a map that hasn't ever been played, am I hinting at something?

I would change the sky, it looks too out of place.

Ki11a_FTW
August 16th, 2008, 09:31 PM
you really shouldent of posted this with using the defaut level blood gulch :-|

animations are getting better though

FRain
August 16th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Point stated that I will not be using bloodgulch for a release. I already have Huerosam working up a concept for a chiron-teleportery covenant map, and when he's done concepting it Disaster (just recruited today) will model it.

Masterz1337
August 17th, 2008, 12:01 AM
SomethingTeam's idea is to get a taste of h1, h2, h3, expanded universe, and custom in.

I lolled.

Heathen
August 17th, 2008, 12:11 AM
That sentence confuses me.

blind
August 17th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Doesn't look very innovative vOv

Masterz1337
August 17th, 2008, 12:30 AM
That sentence confuses me.
Because he is forming his teams focus on the same thing that CMT's is?

By all means, I don't have a problem with im "stealing" our "ideas", but couldn't he be a tad bit more creative than being another imitation mod?

Cortexian
August 17th, 2008, 01:28 AM
lol, well I've come to the conclusion that THIS IS SHIT and ALL IT IS IS BLOODGULCH WITH A FEW ROCKS ADDED. To be quite serious you should STOP TRYING TO BE A MODDER BECAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKSTICK, and you should LOCK IT BECAUES THIS SUCKS NAO.

Please GTFO NOOB.

Original Post:
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=290767&postcount=1

My Post:
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=290934&postcount=22

Learn to sarcasm you noobs.

Also,

Why are you trying to make a mod that's already been done by CMT? CMT did exactly what you're attempting to do, and they did it without having to use other peoples stuff.

FRain
August 17th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Because he is forming his teams focus on the same thing that CMT's is?

By all means, I don't have a problem with im "stealing" our "ideas", but couldn't he be a tad bit more creative than being another imitation mod?

What?

I had this idea of being completely custom mod back in H3T days, when I realized copying h3 isnt quite my style.

SnaFuBAR
August 17th, 2008, 01:29 AM
i agree. I'm sorry, but this is riding the coattails of CMT, and isn't doing it nearly as well.

E: so instead of copying H3, you're copying CMT?? lol

FRain
August 17th, 2008, 01:39 AM
I'm suprised at the stupidity of this forum.

Because I have a custom mod I'm fucking copying CMT?

Masterz1337
August 17th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Well you did a pretty good job paraphrasing what I've always said CMT was all about. What did you think people would say?

Also, what happened to that green bar of rep you earned?

FRain
August 17th, 2008, 01:50 AM
I earned it by doing EXACTLY and BETTER at what I'm doing now. People realize that this bandwagon "Let's find 1 flaw in FRain's idea so that we can beat on it so we look cooler that we're killing a respectable member of the community! YAY!" is stupid. The sheer stupidity of all of you together is hilarious. You were right masterz. This forum is made of idiots. I can not believe you guys are so simple-minded that you actually earn a good reputation around here. Isn't it great? Hey, let's find another flaw, so it can look like we're super smart, and hes stupid! YAY!

Oh look a detail that he's making a CUSTOM mod, maybe we can turn that into OMG YOU'RE COPYING CMT YOU DUMBASS.

:\

Gonna leave this thread open until a moderator sees fit to lock it.

ps: 1000th post.

Cortexian
August 17th, 2008, 01:58 AM
It's not that you're making a custom mod, it's that you're making a mod based on "a taste of h1, h2, h3, expanded universe, and custom" content.

That is EXACTLY what CMT is.

Rentafence
August 17th, 2008, 02:05 AM
What's the point in putting him down? Just let him do what he wants. Honestly, more content for this old game can never hurt, even if it's similar to other content.

Cortexian
August 17th, 2008, 02:07 AM
What's the point in putting him down? Just let him do what he wants. Honestly, more content for this old game can never hurt, even if it's similar to other content.
No it can't hurt.

No one will play it unless it's BETTER than CMT though.

Rentafence
August 17th, 2008, 02:08 AM
So the only reason your putting him down is because CMT is "better" than him? I really wouldn't mind a bit more flavor to CE, even if it's of lesser quality.

Cortexian
August 17th, 2008, 02:32 AM
I'm not putting him down.

I'm letting him know that he's doing something that's already been done. Unless he does better than the previous creation (CMT) no one will play his work, and it will have practically been for nothing.

Bad Waffle
August 17th, 2008, 02:44 AM
meh, zmt have spent years recreating halo 2 in halo 1, so who the fuck cares if fr does something similar to CMT?

Cortexian
August 17th, 2008, 02:57 AM
All I'm saying is that it's already been done, I doubt anyone will play it. Therefore it's a waste of time and he should do something ELSE.

Bastinka
August 17th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Why are you telling an... him what to do with his time?

Cortexian
August 17th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Okay fine, Flaming Rain, go ahead with your mod, I hope you get members for your "team" and get your mod/maps finished.

I probably won't be downloading them.

Choking Victim
August 17th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I thought CMT stood for custom mapping team, not "Copy everything from halo 1, 2, and 3 Mapping Team". Masters, idk how many times you've told people "this is not a halo 3 mod" when a fan asks you to implement a feature halo 3 has. But now when Fgrain has something to show, your mod suddenly turns into exactly what he's doing just so you can insult him. Cool...

L0d3x
August 17th, 2008, 07:41 AM
I thought CMT stood for custom mapping team, not "Copy everything from halo 1, 2, and 3 Mapping Team". Masters, idk how many times you've told people "this is not a halo 3 mod" when a fan asks you to implement a feature halo 3 has. But now when Fgrain has something to show, your mod suddenly turns into exactly what he's doing just so you can insult him. Cool...

My objective view concludes this guy here makes alot of sense. ^

Kalub
August 17th, 2008, 07:42 AM
This^

Its getting kinda old. Why not work along side one another, why do we constantly have to be better that each other.

Masterz1337
August 17th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I've always said we're not a H3 mod, but I have said more times than I can count that we take everything from all 3 games and the expanded universe.

I don't have a problem with him wanting to do the exact same thing, but I would rather see him put his skills into something new and interesting. Wouldn't you think it was a bit strange if someone else decided to make their own extraction tools and re-assemble H2 in CE?

Edit: And when we change our name to custom, it was because back then, the majority of people were using ripped content, so it was a way to differnciate ourselves. What you guys call custom now is nothing like the community viewed it as back in 2006.

Choking Victim
August 17th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Wouldn't you think it was a bit strange if someone else decided to make their own extraction tools and re-assemble H2 in CE?
They can at least try. There's still people making halo 2 mods using existing extraction tools.

Ifafudafi
August 17th, 2008, 10:11 AM
BAH.
Why is it that all of FRains threads turn into a shitstorm? I bet you twenty bucks if this was made by somebody else, it wouldn't get half as much neg-repbombing.

Here's a suggestion for all you faggots: ACT LIKE CMT NEVER EXISTED. Look at this thing and judge it as such. I'll go ahead and start off.

---

The custom content that you have looks pretty good, although animations are a little strange; particularly melee ones. Also, new textures look like it's just a bunch of grunge slapped on top of the base metal, which I personally can't stand.

The catch there is that I'm seeing very little custom content, other than the AR, BR, SMG, and some rocks. The only other thing worth noting that I saw was the little lens flare effect you added upon spawning, which I liked.

If anything, just refrain (lolol pun) from releasing extremely early and buggy builds of the project like you did with H3T. I'm interested in seeing where this is going.

FRain
August 17th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Of course. That was one thing that I now realize was actually not good for the mod. I will be testing constantly, but however, will not be releasing until its at least playable and graphically well to look at to find any more bugs to fix then fix it, and then I'll release it final Of course this will be in a very very long time.

Inferno
August 17th, 2008, 10:50 AM
:words:

Exactly what i was thinking. Even though there is very little of it the custom content so far is really good.

ICEE
August 17th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I don't see why everyones making a big deal about him "copying CMT". If he wants to make primarily custom content, let him. Granted, his idea is fairly similar to CMT's but so what? Pepsi is similar to Coke and yet you don't see people shooting it down. Besides, in what way will it ever hurt you?

And for the people who insisted on calling it bad just because its in blood gulch: He's just testing gameplay there. Jesus.

FRain
August 17th, 2008, 03:11 PM
And, not only that I said it was just testing gameplay, I also said that we were ALREADY working on getting a new map modeled.

legionaire45
August 17th, 2008, 03:49 PM
It might just be my computer being retarded, but the video seemed like it was fast forwarded. Also, something about the SMG reload animations looks funny (the way his hand gropes the magazine into place).

Sel
August 17th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I don't see why everyones making a big deal about him "copying CMT". If he wants to make primarily custom content, let him. Granted, his idea is fairly similar to CMT's but so what? Pepsi is similar to Coke and yet you don't see people shooting it down. Besides, in what way will it ever hurt you?

And for the people who insisted on calling it bad just because its in blood gulch: He's just testing gameplay there. Jesus.

I'm not calling it bad, I'm just saying that it would give an overall better effect if he did something less seen D:

ICEE
August 17th, 2008, 05:10 PM
It might just be my computer being retarded, but the video seemed like it was fast forwarded. Also, something about the SMG reload animations looks funny (the way his hand gropes the magazine into place).
yes the smg animations were all around bad. The assault rifle looked pretty decent though, but the melee seemed uncomfortable.

PopeAK49
August 17th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Ya well i think there doing something great. I mean if these guys are copying cmt then what did cmt copy from? hmm i wonder. Could it be bungie? i mean come on every team has a source that they started from so give these guys a damn break, okay.

--edit--
LOL i just realized my post is just like iron clads.

FRain
August 17th, 2008, 05:42 PM
What can I improve on the SMG anis in general? I was planning on tuning up animations today.

Ifafudafi
August 17th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I actually like most of 'em, particularly the melee (which is sexier than all the rest) but as stated previously, the hand/finger placement when MC replaces the magazine is different and strange. Just toy around with that a bit.

Also more kickback.

FRain
August 17th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Alright! No problem. Will fix.

ICEE
August 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Well it looks to me like it is the exact same anims set that doan claims to have made for h3mt (the smg), and that in its self makes me question the quality. The melee looks like it has basically no force. Look at the elite smg melee in halo 2 and 3. thats how a one handed melee should be done with the smg. The hand and finger positioning on the reload was just terrible.

FRain
August 17th, 2008, 07:15 PM
No. Goddamn why does everyone say that the AR and SMG animations are the ones doan made for h3mt? They aren't. The melee is like the one with the elite in halo 2 and halo 3 and yes, I am working on the reload.

ICEE
August 17th, 2008, 08:50 PM
If it were "like the elite one from halo 2 and halo 3" I wouldn't have told you to look at those and compare. Yours looks really shallow and weak.

Edit: after a somewhat closer comparison, yes your anims are slightly different than h3mt's.

JunkfoodMan
August 17th, 2008, 08:56 PM
The SMG anims look a bit too snappy. Try making them smoother, but not so smooth that he looks somewhat robotic.

Hotrod
August 17th, 2008, 09:18 PM
This seems pretty interesting, and when I first saw your goal for the mod, I didn't think "CMT", I thought "this seems quite interesting, can't wait to see what will come out of this". This looks quite nice at the moment, though it could use a bit of work in most aspects, probably because it's early enough in development.

TVTyrant
August 18th, 2008, 01:09 AM
This seems pretty interesting, and when I first saw your goal for the mod, I didn't think "CMT", I thought "this seems quite interesting, can't wait to see what will come out of this". This looks quite nice at the moment, though it could use a bit of work in most aspects, probably because it's early enough in development.

Post-stealer >:|

rossmum
August 18th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Why is it that all of FRains threads turn into a shitstorm?
Could well be something to do with the fact that every single time even a hint of negativity appears, he will explode into some sort of self-destructive emo tantrum and basically flame the living shit out of everyone and everything and go on some indignant soapbox rant about how shit everyone treats him and how horrible they are and etc., etc. whereas any other person would just ignore it and move the fuck on; therefore if I wasn't stone broke, I'd cover that bet.

Had to be said, and he was actually doing pretty well while he kept it under control. Obviously it was too much to hope he'd keep it that way.

Huero
August 18th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Rossmum's right, but he only explodes when he's flamebaited into it
in this case, masterz was being a jackass

FRain
August 18th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Could well be something to do with the fact that every single time even a hint of negativity appears, he will explode into some sort of self-destructive emo tantrum and basically flame the living shit out of everyone and everything and go on some indignant soapbox rant about how shit everyone treats him and how horrible they are and etc., etc. whereas any other person would just ignore it and move the fuck on; therefore if I wasn't stone broke, I'd cover that bet.

Had to be said, and he was actually doing pretty well while he kept it under control. Obviously it was too much to hope he'd keep it that way.

Very well.

Does anyone know what the shader name for the transparent indoor lighting shader is in a10?

You know, the shader you place on a plane that lights up your map instead of having a sky in it.

SnaFuBAR
August 18th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Rossmum's right, but he only explodes when he's flamebaited into it
in this case, masterz was being a jackass
are you kidding? he started his rant in the opening post.:eyesroll:

FRain
August 18th, 2008, 01:51 PM

No, I just knew that if I gave it no forewarning it was going to happen no matter what.

LinkandKvel
August 18th, 2008, 02:03 PM
OH MY GOD don't respond just get off their topic and talk about YOU AND YOUR PROJECT....if it looks/sounds like CMT who the fuck cares? Drop it. If they don't like tell them don't play it simple as that. conflicts only start because of your responses 2 one another. Ignore them and soon they will stop and if not let them waste their time by doing something your ignoring. They keep posting smart remarks because they KNOW your gonna say something back and that is why this doesnt happen to other members....dont respond and they will stop.

Personally the mod looks pretty fun to me...I rather play this instead of CMT's shit because I get crappy ass FPS in all their newest stuff and hopefully this will be more flexible. (No disrespect CMT)

SnaFuBAR
August 18th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Dude, why don't you relax? If you open your topic with something ridiculous like that, do you expect not to get any flack for it at all? Try to be friendly and more professional instead of OMG U GUYZ R JERKZ SO IF U B MEEN I R LAWK IT :mad:

Seriously, you'll be more well received. I myself took it as another one of the hissy-fits that you're infamous for.

Huero
August 18th, 2008, 02:28 PM
It came off as more of a warning not to personally attack him to me

Either way, Link, it was actually very fun :D
the splazer makes for some annoying but hilarious situations!

FRain
August 18th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Damn you CAD and your splazer whoreyness.

Although that is quite the best bug ever.
A bug caused me to place the Spartan Laser at the blue base (the base CAD and CV were at) by accident, instead of replacing the rawket, so they basically whored the sniper, splaser, and the rocket the whole game.

Amit
August 18th, 2008, 03:30 PM
It matters not that his modding goals are extremely similar to CMT. It's not like he's gonna have the entire Custom Mapping Team helping him. It will be quite different than CMT. What's wrong with him being able to do something the way he wants to do it?

CMT has amazing people and content but sometimes people would think something like, "Hey I love CMT but I wish that this was different." or "I like the idea of this but I'd like to see it like look like this."

I'm just dumbfounded that you people will turn him away from just trying to do things the way he feels that they should be done. You people act like his models, skins, etc. would be the same as CMT's. With enough time put in from him and people who help him, the mod could have the same amount of content and ideas but play completely differently. How? Because not everybody's brain has the same thoughts as the members of CMT.

If I wanted to model a Halo 3 Assault Rifle would you want me to do it? Probably not since there are so many variants already. Could you try to stop me? Yeah. Do you have the right to try to stop me and potentially insult my work? Hell No.

*If I spent enough time polishing it it would look pretty much the same as anyone else's MA5C but the point isn't that it's useless to the community, it's that everyone should be able to at least try to do something without being shot down because somebody with the same ideas has started their project years before the other person has.*

I'm quite surprised at most of the people that posted in this thread. I don't like the way he started the thread either but that's no reason to ridicule him. The amount of posts just trying to stop him from doing something he wants to do is ridiculous. If so many people started jumping into a thread and giving the poster such a hard time I'm sure they'd be pissed too. To stop all production of my current work because I could do something more useful with my time or because I want to do something similar? It all comes back to the mod being different. That's all there is to it. It's different. It's always gonna be a different experience.

Also, what happened to that green bar of rep you earned?

What the fuck is this?

Also, everything Choking Victim said.

Heathen
August 18th, 2008, 08:39 PM
WOOOO, who gives a fuck? If you were trying to talk and they kept saying "Hurr, what did you mean by that?!?!?!?!" You would get pretty pissed. Fuck who or what it looks like. When you are both taking influence from the same series, shit is bound to seem alike...who cares?

Bullshit stops here?

Cool.

Incidentally, looks great to me.

Sel
August 18th, 2008, 08:42 PM
This topic is turning into tl;dr

Amit
August 18th, 2008, 09:14 PM
As Heathen said, it should stop here. Flaming Rain has already stopped replying to new posts and is trying to keep his thread of track. If anyone interrupts his thread again I should think they should receive an infraction.

FRain
August 18th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Sorry, I've been trying to get a testmap ingame that me and a few other people are gonna use for a new weapon that we're not gonna talk about >_>.

rossmum
August 19th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Rain, I actually think the warning kind of provokes it, because it shows people they'll get a rise. Just post your work, a description, and leave it at that. See how it goes.

OT - nice to see I'm not the only one who misses the reciprocating AR bolt anims from the beta.

Amit
August 19th, 2008, 08:33 PM
One thing that kinda bothers me is the sound of the AR. Why does it sound so...enclosed and dull?

FRain
August 19th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Update!

Alpha concept of new HUD. Made by Huerosam, our concept artist.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/7061/hudconceptue0.png

Amit
August 19th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Looks decent but it definitely needs some work. Of course it's only in Alpha phase so here's where the fun and arguments begin.

Pretty much everything needs to be a lot clearer. It's more noticeable with the outside edges of the center of the visor. Shield bar needs shaping up, it looks sorta fat. The bottom part of the visor could use a bit more translucency if those colours are supposed to represent what they should roughly look like ingame. Of course, it's too early to tell how translucent/transparent they'll be ingame.

Ifafudafi
August 19th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Outer visor needs to be more transparent, ammo counters confuse me (labels plx) and shield/health meters could be more subtle, although that's more a matter of taste.

Looks good otherwise, disregarding the more obvious problems.

FRain
August 19th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Outer visor needs to be more transparent, ammo counters confuse me (labels plx) and shield/health meters could be more subtle, although that's more a matter of taste.

Looks good otherwise, disregarding the more obvious problems.

The filled ammo counter is a bar that will deplete slowly as you fire more rounds, and the one directly to the right is a number of how many rounds you have left in your current magazine. The one on the top is # of rounds in reserve.

E: The filled one is also how many rounds you have left in mag except a much easier glance.

Huero
August 20th, 2008, 12:10 AM
The outer visor is definitely going to be more transparent, if it was that opaque in game it would be incredibly annoying. I plan to move the visor lines more toward the center, if not just the upper one. The gaps will also be repositioned.
Not sure what you guys mean on the health and shield bars; subtle? What? <_<
I'll work on thinning out the bar, but do you mean horizontally or vertically?
Oh, and I'm going to completely redo the Ammo Counters. Thanks for the crit guys : D

ICEE
August 20th, 2008, 12:34 AM
the visor's shape is sort of unappealing to me. Also I don't much care for ammo meter concept. I like the grenade icon section though, im assuming that the bottom one would be a secondary fire "grenade"

LinkandKvel
August 20th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Okay ima say it now before someone else does.....It's starting to look TOO much like CMT now, especially the ammo counter.

Huero
August 20th, 2008, 12:36 AM
not really
that's basically saying any hud that looks kind of like H3's looks too much like CMTs

I havent seen the CMT HUD in uh
months
I honestly have no idea what it looks like

EDIT: And Ironclad, you're right

Con
August 20th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I am not liking the meters being so boxy compared to the visor's curves.

Pooky
August 20th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Okay ima say it now before someone else does.....It's starting to look TOO much like CMT now, especially the ammo counter.

I didn't think so.

I have to agree with basically everything that's been said about the HUD, and I'd also like to add that I think the visor outline is completely unnecessary. For that matter, the shape doesn't look anything like the chief's actual visor. Seems like it would make more sense to have shallow curves near the top and bottom, with some faint lines going through the middle if you're doing H2/3 style. Unless the visor is ridiculously narrow, you're not going to be able to see that much of the outline.

Huero
August 20th, 2008, 10:17 AM
You know pooky, you have a point. I'll discuss with rain whether or not the visor is necessary.

Masterz1337
August 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
If you're really going to use that HUD, make sure the right panel stays within the visor shape. I do like the visor shape as well.

But as otehr have said, the HUD does look way to much like the CMT one.

EDit: The lines are to thick as well.

ICEE
August 20th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I don't really like the concept of a numberless meter for the ammo, especially if there is a number right next to it that serves the same purpose. Now, if your doing it for the shape of artistic appeal you could make the shape of the meter the same shape as the gun's magazine (given that i have no idea if that will work or not).

jngrow
August 20th, 2008, 03:19 PM
The visor shape reminds me of a fat person, or Pom-Pom (http://www.hrwiki.org/images/thumb/2/23/pompom.PNG/220px-pompom.PNG). Matter of taste though. But yeah, the lines are too thick, and the meters are too boxy compared to the visor outline.

Masterz1337
August 20th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I th eonly one who thinks an ammo meter around a reticle would be an interesting concept?

Disaster
August 20th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I th eonly one who thinks an ammo meter around a reticle would be an interesting concept?
Heh, That would be pretty cool.

SnaFuBAR
August 20th, 2008, 03:47 PM
we did that with evo :spin:

Amit
August 20th, 2008, 06:09 PM

I've played a few games with that style of counter and to be honest, it was hard to see how many little ticks representing the rounds I've fired in the heat of battle. One game that I know that is disadvantaged by this is Star Wars Battlefront 2. Half the time I couldn't see shit of what was inside the reticule because the rounds I were firing off were in the middle of the crosshair.

FRain
August 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I don't really like the concept of a numberless meter for the ammo, especially if there is a number right next to it that serves the same purpose. Now, if your doing it for the shape of artistic appeal you could make the shape of the meter the same shape as the gun's magazine (given that i have no idea if that will work or not).

I don't see why it wouldnt work.
Most likely, though we are going to scrap the visor outline.

DarkHalo003
August 20th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Ha, this looks awesome. I can't wait till it's released. BTW, those AR anims are awesome.

Heh, That would be pretty cool.
I think Crackdown uses that feature, correct me if I'm wrong.

Huero
August 20th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Visor is MORE THAN LIKELY gone; if not it looks almost exactly like the H3 one with a small change. The shape of the shield + health bar stays. The ammo meter wasn't numberless; the little box next to it wasn't just for show. I've played games with ammo meters in the middle, and it felt a bit too cluttered, not to mention that sometimes the meter was covering up your target. I also noticed that the lines are too thick.

Pooky
August 21st, 2008, 12:17 AM
we did that with evo :spin:

valve did that for HL2 :rightround:

FRain
August 21st, 2008, 09:43 AM
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4937/hudconcept2yp4.png

oshi new concept hud by huero :iwannabecooltoo:

1 - The visor, was made just for fun, unless you can get it REALLY transparent, we're not gonna add it in.

2 - I've already talked to Huero about scaling up the grenades and making the ammo counter less "thick"

Sel
August 21st, 2008, 10:00 AM
The visor is still horrible, but I would be lying if I said I did not like the ammo indicators, health etc etc.

Tbh if it were my decision, I would drop the visor all together, but if you don't want to, try to come up with a more pleasing shape, and don't make the bottom so damn huge. Lower the bottom.

Masterz1337
August 21st, 2008, 10:07 AM
If the lower half of the visor was dropped down lower it would look alot better. Now it looks alot like a H3 hud ripoff, than a cmt one at least.

Edit: the grenade panel is ugly as hell.

Con
August 21st, 2008, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't have boxes around the grenades. Instead, have a grenade icon and a number next to them (faded when zero).

Huero
August 21st, 2008, 10:57 AM
fuck rain you werent supposed to post that
Grenade counter is the result of my being zoomed in too much and not being about to scale the diagonal lines with the rest; it'll look more like the one the first concept but with thinner lines
visor isnt going to be in, it was already discussed

Bastinka
August 21st, 2008, 10:59 AM
You can get it transparent, make it a plane in the FP model.

Masterz1337
August 21st, 2008, 11:36 AM
It's possible to do the visor right pretty easily. If you guys have a vision fo rhte HUD, go for it. Don't let everyone crit opinions change what you want to do.

Huero
August 21st, 2008, 12:10 PM
http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hudconcept3gi9.png

Uh yeah; I tried out what Con suggested, but I don't really like it. Wondering on your opinions. I don't like the ammo bar either... We may just go to the normal bullet display.

Bastinka
August 21st, 2008, 01:03 PM
Why not take a screenshot from Halo 3 and trace the HUD in a new layer(s).

supersniper
August 21st, 2008, 01:06 PM
Well technically that's not ripping...

But isn't the HUD in Halo 3 curved a little giving it a somewhat 3D effect, but in Halo CE everything is 2D?

jngrow
August 21st, 2008, 01:15 PM
I like the grenade icons.

ICEE
August 21st, 2008, 01:27 PM
visor looks much better. I think it would look a lot better if the lower half was brought down a bit, or maybe even cut out of the picture altogether since i doubt that you would really see it looking through the actual helmet. much better nonetheless

Masterz1337
August 21st, 2008, 01:27 PM
That conept is way to heavy on the right hand side.

Ki11a_FTW
August 21st, 2008, 01:33 PM
i cant stand visors in the hud, they distract me so much

Invader Veex
August 21st, 2008, 01:36 PM
http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hudconcept3gi9.png

Uh yeah; I tried out what Con suggested, but I don't really like it. Wondering on your opinions. I don't like the ammo bar either... We may just go to the normal bullet display.

how about a nade hud like Conscars suggested, but like this?

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/9571/hudconcept3gi9uh7.png

Huero
August 21st, 2008, 01:36 PM
visor looks much better.
>:C

That conept is way to heavy on the right hand side.
alright

Why not take a screenshot from Halo 3 and trace the HUD in a new layer(s).
because I don't want halo 3's HUD

EDIT: oh cool veex, that looks nice :D
oh wait it looks really close to what cmt has
nope

supersniper
August 21st, 2008, 02:29 PM
... how about putting the nades area in a triangle formation and when you use one it moves to the top. Then when you switch it rotates...

FRain
August 21st, 2008, 02:36 PM
... how about putting the nades area in a triangle formation and when you use one it moves to the top. Then when you switch it rotates...

AFAIK not possible.

supersniper
August 21st, 2008, 02:40 PM
Oh ok then nevermind.

HDoan
August 21st, 2008, 08:53 PM
I demand credit for that ar skin! And I demand a beta on Saturday at 11:00PM Moutain time

Bastinka
August 21st, 2008, 08:57 PM
Everything's possible tbqh.

Why another beta? |:

HDoan
August 21st, 2008, 08:58 PM
Because I didnt get to test D=

supersniper
August 21st, 2008, 09:14 PM
You can't always get what you want...

FRain
August 21st, 2008, 10:56 PM
We'll test when you get back, doany.

bleach
August 28th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Before you say something about this bump (old bump is old), I've got news from the Something Team.
This is Something Team's forums. http://somethingt.freeforums.org/ It's going to be where the source of all updates/discussions regarding the Something Team is to be posted. If you have any questions/feedback/suggestions, please post there and give us your opinions. Thanks and I hope to see you guys there!

FRain
August 28th, 2008, 11:18 PM
I also will post major updates here, but most of the small updates like a new weapon animation set or something will be posted there. I just like being a little more organized than throwing everything in a single topic.

E:

Before I forget, we are also looking for a UVW unwrapper and another modeler.

FRain
August 31st, 2008, 08:55 PM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9820/forerunnermetalcc6.jpg

Looks much nicer with less uber shiny bumpage. Created in about an hour by me.

Also, I used sapien to take this pic (print screen ftw) and it may be a bit squashed.

Crit.

Inferno
August 31st, 2008, 09:11 PM
I'd hit that.

HDoan
August 31st, 2008, 09:14 PM
I'd hit that.
Theres no hole to fit it in D=

Inferno
August 31st, 2008, 09:51 PM
Hey go ruin someone else's fantasy will ya! :mad:

Bastinka
August 31st, 2008, 09:53 PM
There's no AA, that's disgusting.

Disaster
August 31st, 2008, 09:56 PM
There's no AA, that's disgusting.
I blame halo's crappy engine :mad:

Bastinka
August 31st, 2008, 09:59 PM
That's a render if I'm right, not in halo..

Heathen
August 31st, 2008, 10:14 PM
Um...that looks....FANTASTIC.

Inferno
August 31st, 2008, 11:07 PM

I answer with another quote.

Also, I used sapien to take this pic (print screen ftw) and it may be a bit squashed.

FRain
September 1st, 2008, 12:12 AM
MAJOR FAILURE UPDATE

My computer is currently infected with approximately 40 viruses. 1 trojan, 7 malware, 17 spyware. The computer is being spammed with popups (about 25 an hour) and is counting, or so said by Spybot, Search and Destroy! I may have to reformat again and may be out of contact or updates for a while.

ATM I'm using my shitty little laptop.

legionaire45
September 1st, 2008, 04:34 AM
OSHI EXTERNAL INVASION.

Texture looks nice, post some ingame (eg. Not Sapien) shots of it when you get a chance. Either that or up the res on it, because it looks really low res and ew.

FRain
September 1st, 2008, 10:02 PM
It's 1024, but it's in a smaller sapien screen, so I'll get ingame pics later.

Patrickssj6
September 2nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
I like the anims. Can't rep you right now sry.

Apoc4lypse
September 2nd, 2008, 06:31 PM
"SomethingTeam's idea is to get a taste of h1, h2, h3, expanded universe, and custom in."

hey look another CMT...

nice try though...

All in all the video made everything look pretty good, you said your the only person who worked on it? Including models skins and all? If thats the case then well done.

FRain
September 2nd, 2008, 07:46 PM
"SomethingTeam's idea is to get a taste of h1, h2, h3, expanded universe, and custom in."

hey look another CMT...

nice try though...

All in all the video made everything look pretty good, you said your the only person who worked on it? Including models skins and all? If thats the case then well done.

"Hey look, another CMT" was already dealed with in this thread. Do not bring it up again.

I tagged, animated and modeled everything that is custom. You're probably going to realize CAD's AR model, Doan's skin (made for somethingteam though) but the rest is by me or people made it FOR me.

JunkfoodMan
September 2nd, 2008, 08:10 PM
The texture looks nice, but you should work on a Spec/Multipurpose map, right now the specular shows no detail/is too clean.

FRain
September 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
This is a shader_environment and has no multipurpose map. No specular, I don't know how to apply it, but if someone can help me with it, it'd be great!

n00b1n8R
September 3rd, 2008, 01:54 AM
If it's a render of a skin going into halo (which doesn't have AA), what's the point of having AA in the render? >_>

FRain
September 3rd, 2008, 08:11 AM
^ This.

teh lag
September 3rd, 2008, 01:34 PM
This is a shader_environment and has no multipurpose map. No specular, I don't know how to apply it, but if someone can help me with it, it'd be great!

Alpha channel.

FRain
September 3rd, 2008, 05:48 PM
Oh, okay I'll add taht in as soon as I'm done reformatting.

Corndogman
September 3rd, 2008, 09:07 PM
Less porn viruses more modz.

HDoan
September 3rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
Wait you cant have both? My god then they said the internet was serious buisness, that really meant it.

FRain
September 4th, 2008, 09:28 AM
DAMMIT

While setting up the start reformat this morning I cleared the wrong partition by accident (I don't know how both of those partitions switched spots from last reformat)
So, I'm pretty sure everything I've had that should've been backed up has been lost, and I'm royally screwed now. I'm probably going to have to remake the tagset over again, so I'm screwed now.

Comments.

E: 1,111th post.

SnaFuBAR
September 4th, 2008, 02:16 PM
That's why you don't rely on a partition to use as backup, you use more hdd's or burnable media :awesome:

gg

also, spell "damnit" right

Amit
September 4th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Wait...so it's mostly all gone? That is epic fail. How many freakin partitions do you have that you screw up the lettering?

FRain
September 4th, 2008, 05:55 PM

Anyways I'll ask doan for a beta later because I don't think I protected it anyways.

Apoc4lypse
September 7th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Anyways I'll ask doan for a beta later because I don't think I protected it anyways.

Don't use partitions cuz apparently you don't know how to...

Also, partitions are the worst way you could ever back up something, like snaf said...

Use a seperate HDD XD.

Inferno
September 7th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Try this next time.

http://www.zazz.com.au/images/productsarchive/USB_floppy_and_backup_drive_image151.jpg
And for only 25 bucks.

Amit
September 7th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Try this next time.

http://www.zazz.com.au/images/productsarchive/USB_floppy_and_backup_drive_image151.jpg
And for only 25 bucks.

Is that a joke?

Evil_Monkey
September 8th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Is that a joke?
Even though it should be, I don't think it is.

DarkHalo003
September 9th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Haha, I remember those. We had to use them for a Windows 2000 (1998) computer. I still remember the white framed monitor and boxy design. The good old days....or you could just get a 4gb flashdrive and save the stuff onto that.

SnaFuBAR
September 10th, 2008, 03:19 AM
or you could back it up to a secondary internal, then an external hdd, then put it on a server, then on a flash drive and then on a laptop.

i will NEVER lose my info again.

EVER.

Apoc4lypse
September 10th, 2008, 04:16 PM
or you could back it up to a secondary internal, then an external hdd, then put it on a server, then on a flash drive and then on a laptop.

i will NEVER lose my info again.

EVER.

lulz I think snaf learned his lesson early on in life, or hes a little paranoid now...

I just have an external hard drive... I'm probably going to get another one tho, just incase...

DarkHalo003
September 12th, 2008, 04:41 PM
lulz I think snaf learned his lesson early on in life, or hes a little paranoid now...

I just have an external hard drive... I'm probably going to get another one tho, just incase...
Yeah, that's what I use for the most part. I think I copied my entire original HCE tagset onto it for reference purposes if my new tags need to be the older versions. It's always good to have a backup.

FRain
September 19th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Well, I lost a few tags that I for some reason could not extract from the map, but I got most of the tags out of it. I had to redo the ground bitmap and everything is well. I lost all of my MAX files, but I'll recover fine. I was banned for about a week (was interesting...... yet stupid) and I got some stuff done, and it feels good to not lurk around the forums with that fucking white Modacity theme shit all over the place.

I'll probably resume normal work in about a week, but I've got some real life things to do in the next week or so, so I won't be able to put in as much time as I used to but realize that this project isn't dead.

I'll get some pics of the new floor tile when I get home from school, because I need to get ready for school, I'm leaving in 15 minutes.

FRain
September 21st, 2008, 11:16 AM
o sup update gayz ( yes you are gay mirite k bai )

http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=haloce2008092109075327nv5.jpg

click for full res

E: is it just me or are shot tags borked right now?

teh lag
September 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM
E: is it just me or are shot tags borked right now?

No. You just put tags around the wrong link.

Also, I'm failing to see what's so special in that picture. Woohoo, one changed texture and a ripped biped?

ICEE
September 21st, 2008, 12:53 PM
You should show a pic with better lighting.

FRain
September 23rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah, now that you think about it I should. I'll show you some more pics later after I reanimate a few weapons that just need to be reanimated, fast.

FRain
September 27th, 2008, 12:35 PM
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/118/ftrelf2qz8.gifhttp://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ftrelf2qz8.gif

ICEE
September 27th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Its interesting but the force is really disproportionate. The most evident example is when he flicks the cover closed. There is waaay to much power in flicking a tiny little piece of metal. it must weigh about as much as 3 or 4 quarters, so why would moving it make the heavy flamethrower react so much? Also, the weapon comes down to quickly. I would recommend having him visibly grab the handle as it comes down a bit slower, and then make the weapon sink below the origin a little bit and come back up. This is 90% effective (if done right) at making the weapon look heavier. I'm not positive, but it looks like hes screwing/twisting the tank into place after he gets it into position? I like that little touch, but you could take steps to make it more evident. The entire thing moves strangely when he pulls out the old tank. I haven't really got a suggestion on how it should move, but i would recommend messing with it a bit until it looks more natural. You might consider making him press the button with a different finger. The index finger "poke" looks a bit clumsy. I would probably make him use the thumb. Overall, I do like the animation's timing and flow though. Keep working on it. + rep.

SnaFuBAR
September 27th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Too snappy. Your animations never look human.

FRain
September 27th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Its interesting but the force is really disproportionate. The most evident example is when he flicks the cover closed. There is waaay to much power in flicking a tiny little piece of metal. it must weigh about as much as 3 or 4 quarters, so why would moving it make the heavy flamethrower react so much? Also, the weapon comes down to quickly. I would recommend having him visibly grab the handle as it comes down a bit slower, and then make the weapon sink below the origin a little bit and come back up. This is 90% effective (if done right) at making the weapon look heavier. I'm not positive, but it looks like hes screwing/twisting the tank into place after he gets it into position? I like that little touch, but you could take steps to make it more evident. The entire thing moves strangely when he pulls out the old tank. I haven't really got a suggestion on how it should move, but i would recommend messing with it a bit until it looks more natural. You might consider making him press the button with a different finger. The index finger "poke" looks a bit clumsy. I would probably make him use the thumb. Overall, I do like the animation's timing and flow though. Keep working on it. + rep.

Wow, that was probably the best piece of criticism I've ever received before. Thank you very much. I'll +rep when I get power.

Ki11a_FTW
September 27th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Too snappy. Your animations never look human.
^

SnaFuBAR
September 27th, 2008, 06:10 PM
What i'm saying is that every joint looks spring loaded. Nobody moves like that.

mech
September 27th, 2008, 09:53 PM
What i'm saying is that every joint looks spring loaded. Nobody moves like that.

He does http://blog.makezine.com/Jesse%20demonstrating%20bionic%20arms%201.jpg

Also, great powerflick.

SnaFuBAR
September 27th, 2008, 10:01 PM
you bastard

Heathen
September 28th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Also, whats making it fly open up? the swing forward?

ICEE
September 28th, 2008, 12:43 AM
The same thing that makes halo 3's AR and BR bolts fly backwards. Duh

Heathen
September 28th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Ah, magic. Gotcha.

E: Spartan Magic?

EE: Spartan Force Powers?

ICEE
September 28th, 2008, 01:57 AM
pixies

jngrow
September 28th, 2008, 02:00 PM
He does http://blog.makezine.com/Jesse%20demonstrating%20bionic%20arms%201.jpg

Also, great powerflick.
I lol'd. Fucked up.

Pretty mcuh what everyone else is saying. The animation is all there, just everything needs tweaking.

Masterz1337
September 29th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I'm amazed how people are acting more retarded than Frain here. never thought I would end up finding his posts the most intelligent and well thought out in a thread.

Heathen
September 29th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Ouch masterz

All work and no play I guess.

This IS a crit thread however.

DarkHalo003
September 29th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Never mind my previous post. It's no longer valid. I agree with ICEE though about the last part involving the handle/meter/button area. Something about it seems wrong, like it may need a bit more time. Keep in mind, even though you're a spartan super soldier, you're reloading a pretty huge weapon and holding it with one hand.

EDIT!!!!!!: Don't use your finger to close the little lid part of the button area, use your thumb! That's what looks unnatural to me.

Amit
October 2nd, 2008, 08:00 PM
never thought I would end up finding his posts the most intelligent and well thought out in a thread.

rarely do we ever see such a thing happen

Heathen
October 2nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
Only when Masterz posts of course.

FRain
October 14th, 2008, 11:17 PM
http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=haloce2008101420341353st3.jpghttp://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6589/haloce2008101420341353st3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/haloce2008101420341353st3.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img253/haloce2008101420341353st3.jpg/1/)

New AR skin by Invader Veex, our new skinner. Thank you a bunch Veex. Any criticism on what needs to be fixed? Also, since this picture the skin has been made less brighter, and higher contrast, which apparently looks good.

Opinion, crit, comments, all welcome. No shitposting like ^

Hotrod
October 15th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I find it a little too bright for my taste, and if the picture has made it darker, as you say, then it could really use a bit of darkening.

FRain
October 15th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Nonono, the skin has been darkened since I took that picture.

ICEE
October 15th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Why not post the new one?

Hotrod
October 15th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Oh, I misunderstood what you wrote. I thought you said that the picture made it seem darker. My bad. A picture of the current version would be nice though.

Invader Veex
October 15th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I only have a render of what should should be newer, I don't know FRain's new settings, but this is mine.

new (I blurred the back a little so it didn't seem as grainy)
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6505/cadarjl2.jpg

old (in that pic)
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7315/cadarmb8.jpg

Pooky
October 16th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I like the old one better. Don't see why people always seem to need things excessively dark.

Evil_Monkey
October 16th, 2008, 04:27 PM
The new one looks lower res around the back area.

Cortexian
October 16th, 2008, 06:50 PM
http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=haloce2008101420341353st3.jpghttp://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6589/haloce2008101420341353st3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/haloce2008101420341353st3.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img253/haloce2008101420341353st3.jpg/1/)

I actually think this version is decent. The upper half (lighter areas) are pretty much correct. Just make the darker parts a little darker, areas like the fore grip and lower receiver.

Con
October 16th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I agree with Freelancer, darken those areas but keep the upper part the same. It looks good sorta metallic like that.

FRain
November 8th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Alright guys, so I haven't been working on this mod for almost a month, but I do want to get it started up again, and I will be holding a public beta test later on this week (probably Tuesday, because I have no school) because I've completely forgot what needs fixing, what needs redoing, etc. This beta is open to respectable members of the community, who I know do not leak and have tested before. This is a very early build of the mod, but I want to work on it, but since I haven't worked on it, I don't know where to start up again. If you want to do a quick test to remind me what to fix, then just say so. This is not a release test like I did my H3T builds.

By public test, I mean that you say your name and I give YOU a build, and we play a game of it, I get crit, feedback, so I can fix that.

n00b1n8R
November 8th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I'll have a play. I beta'd some H3MT maps around a year ago.

FluffyDuckyâ„¢
November 8th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Yeah I'm up for that too. :)

DarkHalo003
November 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I'll help if you want me to. I've been handed beta maps from a several sources and haven't leaked one map at all. I take beta testing as serious business. Not the kind of person to leak anyways....

ODX
November 8th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I'll have a play. I beta'd some H3MT maps around a year ago.
Has it really been a year? I can't remember, you might be talking about H3T maps, dunno. All I remember is we tested the first textured Narrows on the 4th of July. But if 3/4 months ago was that teaser/better textured Narrows, and the month before we July, I think I'm going to have to say last 4th of July was the first actual test. That untextured one doesn't count.
So, I'm here if you need me for a test.

FRain
November 8th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Yeah, H3T.

E: Yeah, it's been about 4 months over a year since we started H3T.

Damn, it's been a long time.

ICEE
November 8th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Alright guys, so I haven't been working on this mod for almost a month, but I do want to get it started up again, and I will be holding a public beta test later on this week (probably Tuesday, because I have no school) because I've completely forgot what needs fixing, what needs redoing, etc. This beta is open to respectable members of the community, who I know do not leak and have tested before. This is a very early build of the mod, but I want to work on it, but since I haven't worked on it, I don't know where to start up again. If you want to do a quick test to remind me what to fix, then just say so. This is not a release test like I did my H3T builds.

By public test, I mean that you say your name and I give YOU a build, and we play a game of it, I get crit, feedback, so I can fix that.

I'll help you out if you like

DarkHalo003
November 8th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, H3T.

Whatever happened to Jackle Frain?

ODX
November 8th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah, H3T.

Holy crap, yes it has. I remember when I first joined Halo CE and soon after found H3T-Blood gulch. I thought it was the best map and everyone should get it.
Oh, speaking of that, will this test be on Blood Gulch?

Inferno
November 8th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I'm up for testing.

Gwunty
November 9th, 2008, 10:00 AM
I gave you spiker let me test.

LinkandKvel
November 9th, 2008, 10:23 AM
me. Since I have a low end PC I can also tell you how much it sucks lags for us.

ODX
November 9th, 2008, 12:09 PM
me. Since I have a low end PC I can also tell you how much it sucks lags for us.
Wow, your computer might just be worse than mine, amazingly.

FRain
November 9th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I gave you spiker let me test.

Get on AIM.

LinkandKvel
November 9th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Wow, your computer might just be worse than mine, amazingly.

Look at ma stock RAM

FRain
November 10th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Tuesday, at 4 PM Pacific. Map: SomethingTeam Battle Creek.

LinkandKvel
November 10th, 2008, 08:06 PM
How are you giving files? Xfire, PM? I wanna know because I dont get on xfire that often.

ODX
November 10th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Look at ma stock RAMWow, I have 1024 MB of RAM, and I thought that was bad, you win.

How are you giving files? Xfire, PM? I wanna know because I dont get on xfire that often.Funny, I'm on xfire all the time but I don't got AIM. I suggest filefronte it and password it so we(if I'm included) don't have to download it from someone else and waste their internet.

Tuesday, at 4 PM Pacific. Map: SomethingTeam Battle Creek.What? I was hoping for Hang 'em High because it seems like there's 8 or so good people, and 4v4 Hang 'em High is teh best :(

FRain
November 10th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Well, that's not saying I can't do Hang 'em, also I will PM the link to the testers.

FRain
November 11th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Correction:

SomethingTeam Hang Em High and Battle Creek

Pooky
November 11th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Well, that's not saying I can't do Hang 'em, also I will PM the link to the testers.

oh you mean like me? :awesome:

FRain
November 11th, 2008, 11:34 AM
OH SHIT.

FRain
November 11th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Test is in roughly 3 hours, fifteen minutes. I have most of the work done, I just need to tune some stuff up.

ODX
November 11th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Correction:

SomethingTeam Hang Em High and Battle Creek
Good choice, I feel it has enough room for sniping and Battle Rifles and so on, but many good spots to run in with any choice of close range weapon and slaughter 'em, hahaha...ha...ha...ok it wasn't funny. But in all honestly, it's a good choice, especially since I have never seen anyone use it as a test map.

bleach
November 11th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I just hope that it won't lag with 9 people in Hang em' High.

FRain
November 11th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Betas have been sent out. Server is up in 5 minutes.

Rentafence
November 11th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Need a tenth to even it out? :awesome:

Heathen
November 11th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Shoulda asked to beta but I have no idea what this team is about.

Gwunty
November 11th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Where mah map filez.

LinkandKvel
November 11th, 2008, 06:49 PM
^This

ODX
November 11th, 2008, 08:13 PM
So, ICEE got fatal error :(
Well, that was fun. Down to the criticism or whatever:

I really like the AR, it's perfect for CE, even when my ping was >200, I could still hit almost every shot. The SMG is also a worthy opponent to the AR, as the AR will win at longer ranges, and the SMG will win at closer ranges. The pistol, as we all already complained, is overpowered. I think it's fine that you use CAD's animations, but it just doesn't fit well with the fast paced gameplay that the weapons offer. Maybe speed it up a bit or do something to fit it in. Also, the BR, um...other than that the reload need work, and when it's almost empty, a second HUD that shows bullets left is HUGE, it seems like a somewhat good gun. However, the only thing I think you've nailed so far is how the AR is the best all-around weapon, but I think the ammo max should be lowered, and your best animated gun, is the SMG. Thanks for letting me beta FRain.[/endofsuperlongparagraphaboutfourweapons]

LinkandKvel
November 11th, 2008, 08:45 PM
The AR was definitely the best out of the weapons. BR seems perfect damage wise, but the HUD for it needs fixing. I thought the pistol was pretty decent. Also ran VERY well on my shitty PC 256 RAM with everything maximize and got minimum FPS lag, but when I turned down some settings, it ran almost perfectly smooth.

this gets an A from me.

ICEE
November 11th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I thought the AR and SMG and BR were well balanced. To be honest though, wtf where you thinking with the pistol? it fires so ridiculously fast :S. the animations are getting better, but you still need to improve you frame gun movements. Also i hope you animated the BR with a different rig or something, because people dont generally float the gun 3 inches above there hands. Getting better, and it was definitely fun to play. RIIIGHT up until my crash, but dont worry that happens no matter what I play. I'll beta for you again anytime

E: According to recent statistics, you are now my property.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z295/iron_clad_photo/iceedestroyed.jpg
/fuel rod whore

Inferno
November 11th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Wat! Iz jst finished plehing teh CoD4 and I gotz beta but youz guyz plehed wit out ma!
*sad face*

Heathen
November 11th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Owned
E: Not @ Clad

FRain
November 11th, 2008, 10:03 PM
wtf where you thinking with the pistol? it fires so ridiculously fast :S. it seems by itself it does almost no damage, but it rapes when you play it multiplayer.
Also i hope you animated the BR with a different rig or something, because people dont generally float the gun 3 inches above there hands. yeah, different rig. Getting better, and it was definitely fun to play. RIIIGHT up until my crash, but dont worry that happens no matter what I play. I'll beta for you again anytime

I'll have a video of our gameplay soon, by this weekend.

LinkandKvel
November 11th, 2008, 10:13 PM
@ ICEE of course that was when I first got in there :p

ICEE
November 11th, 2008, 10:23 PM
And before ODX showed up and demolished us all :/

n00b1n8R
November 11th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I just got home from school. :woop:

FluffyDuckyâ„¢
November 12th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Same. :(

ODX
November 12th, 2008, 07:20 AM
And before ODX showed up and demolished us all :/:D Doan gave you all a respite from my awesome power with the AR. I used the SMG to win later on in BCreek though, and as ICEE said and I did, but I want to say again, the weapons are perfectly balanced (The 3 that you have animated, at least :|)
FRain, install xfire already D:

Inferno
November 12th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Since I missed the beta I'll play this with some friends next time we LAN. I'll record if you want.

LinkandKvel
November 12th, 2008, 03:41 PM
'nother test tonight mb???

ODX
November 12th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Since I missed the beta I'll play this with some friends next time we LAN. I'll record if you want.
FRain already has a 500MB, 2 1/5 Minute long video.
Edit: I'm just saying, he'll probably be too lazy to edit in your clips.

Inferno
November 12th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I'll still play it with friends though. It looks like fun.

ODX
November 12th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I'll still play it with friends though. It looks like fun.Nothing stopping you from doing that, heck I want to join in...if you let me. You heard what ICEE said.

Inferno
November 14th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Would bit when I host games on my router it blocks all incoming connections cause my router is horribly anti-social. I mean seriously, I turned on fucking DMZ and it still blocks people from joining my server.

Fuck Linksys.

edit-

Also I'm a 1.00 crack whore.

Apoc4lypse
November 17th, 2008, 03:32 PM
btw... make it so when your carrying the flag/ball you run slower.

Never realized how serious of a flaw that was in the first halo lmao. I played on danger canyon and I was running the whole time behind this dude just far enough away that I couldn't do anything to stop him from scoring.

Not that much slower jus enough so theres a difference...

E: o yea.. fuck linksys, worst fuken router for gaming ever. I can't host games, and I can't even play some of my games...

Inferno
November 17th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Yeah linksys blows. I swear I port forwarded every fucking program on my computer but it still blocks them. It's like it doesn't fucking work.

ODX
November 17th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I think I had one, and I could host easily, but now I have some Netgear adapter and I can't host. I don't think it's the reason though, it's my brother's PC sappin' my dispenser internet.

FRain
December 10th, 2008, 05:38 PM
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1973/haloce2008121006372215cb4.jpg
(http://imageshack.us)
Starting HUD work. Colors are going to be redone. Thanks to ilvdrftng/Bubbles.

FYI: I know the grenade number is on the wrong side for plazzy, I'm fixing that right now.
(http://imageshack.us)

Masterz1337
December 10th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Set the HUD scale to .75. It will look alot better.

KiLLa
December 10th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I dunno if it's your vid card or not..but the huds icons seem a bit pixalated, and choppy...
and the gradient on the shield meter isn't so smooth, you can see where certain pixels are further back than others...
I know I'm just nit pickin, but if your gonna do it, do it right...right?

FRain
December 10th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Set the HUD scale to .75. It will look alot better.

Make it smaller?

Masterz1337
December 10th, 2008, 09:47 PM
No, change the scale in guerilla. It will righten it up and make it more crisp and sharp.

FRain
December 11th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Oh, here's a vid I made while I was bant. Nothing interesting, new pistol anims and HUD since then.

PvAvZHZsWJw&rel=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D18

Yes, I just embedded in HQ, what now Youtube?

LinkandKvel
December 11th, 2008, 06:41 PM
wtf? betray at 15 secs :(

KiLLa
December 11th, 2008, 08:44 PM
The pistol seems off-center...how can he be shooting at the rectile, if he's in sucha ackward position relative to the rectile?
and I see a normal H1 hud...hows it new?

Huero
December 11th, 2008, 10:32 PM
what the fuck bro where's my HUD :C