PDA

View Full Version : So... Disaster Movie....

Chainsy
August 24th, 2008, 08:00 PM
What the fuck. Seriously its pissing me off how all these crappy parody movies are coming out. They saw the awesome amount of popularity scary movie got, and have now decided to beat the idea into a bloody unrecognizable pulp. All these movies have gotten less and less funny, and are now just plain stupid. Epic movie, meet the spartans, farce of the penguins, and now disaster movie? It doesn't even look funny, let alone seem to be worth paying 6 dollars for. Am I the only one who thinks this, like apparently there's something funny about being so shit random the plot doesn't even make sense anymore? I'm seriously interested to see how far these jerk offs are going to milk this after this movie, like how many more can you truly think of before you run out? Give your two cents on the whole subject of parody movies like this, because honestly I want to know what everyone else thinks of these.

Disaster
August 24th, 2008, 08:04 PM
There's a movie about me?

TeeKup
August 24th, 2008, 08:04 PM
The moment I saw the first commercial it instantly hit me as Fail. Only an idiot would see such a pathetic excuse for a comedy.

Xetsuei
August 24th, 2008, 08:06 PM
They're all horrible. Early scary movies were pretty funny if you're eight years old. And then they just kept getting more and more retarded. Then they make these movies and use the fact they were made by scary movie creators to get people to watch them. I have no idea why they are making more, probably idiots still go to see them. Imo, the funniest movie this year has been Tropic Thunder.

Chainsy
August 24th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Still want to see that, pineapple express was pretty good too.
FUCK, THE POLICE!

cheezdue
August 24th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I think those parody movies are ment for the young dumb people. I really dont see any reason on watching this.

DrunkenSamus
August 24th, 2008, 09:02 PM
I would be very surprised if it was good. I mean, directors are seriously that stupid to name their movie Disaster movie? I mean, come on....get the fuck off of the film industry

Hotrod
August 24th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I wasn't ever really interested in seeing this, and after reading this, there's no way I'll even think about seeing it.

Heathen
August 24th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder were great. This movie made me laugh, but its shit. Complete shit.

Clone Wars, on the other hand, was more badass than you would imagine. ALOT MORE

ultama121
August 24th, 2008, 09:33 PM
WHY DO THEY MAKE THESE. The movies became unfunny after Scary Movie 3.

Also, Clone Wars didn't get very good reviews. :( http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/clone_wars/

Snowy
August 24th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Isn't, Meet the Spartans, Epic Movie, Without a Paddle, and now Disaster Movie all made by the same people? Oh, and they all suck. Imagine that.

Corndogman
August 24th, 2008, 09:51 PM
wow wow wow now, Without a Paddle is a great movie. Besides that, yes all those movies suck. I'm getting sick of all these spoof movies, The early scary movies were "OK" but honestly how are they able to keep milking this. It pisses me off when I hear idiots at school talking about these movies and actually saying it was good.

JunkfoodMan
August 24th, 2008, 10:00 PM
omg lol it mite b funier then epic movie!!!!!!!!!

Heathen
August 24th, 2008, 10:07 PM
WOAH WOAH! What the fuckle?

Without a paddle was Awesome.

LlamaMaster
August 24th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Couldn't agree more. Every parody movie since scary movie 2 (didn't see 3 or 4, but I doubt they were good) has been complete shit. On top of all that, the shit shits more shitlets, which turn into these progressively unfunny and stupid movies. Anybody who wants to see this crap needs to kill themselves.

Heathen
August 24th, 2008, 10:27 PM
They are the old memes of the movie world.

Chainsy
August 24th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Hmmmm..... official list of the awesomest movies?

CN3089
August 24th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I'm waiting for Parody Movie, it'll be meta as FUCK :v:

Heathen
August 24th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Shiiit, paradoxy.

Con
August 25th, 2008, 12:17 AM
You can't name a movie "Disaster Movie" and expect it to do well.

Kornman00
August 25th, 2008, 12:46 AM
You forgot about "Superhero Movie", I applaud you :(

Meet the Spartans was funny. Of course I was drunk when I watched it, but even then I realized it was retarded-funny and not funny-funny.

You don't mess with the Zohan wasn't that great of a film either while we're on the topic of films. I was expecting more

The_Wraith
August 25th, 2008, 01:03 AM
The last good films I saw in theaters were: There Will Be Blood, Pineapple Express, and No Country for Old Men. Never saw Wall*E or The Dark Knight... :(

NuggetWarmer
August 25th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Step Brothers is hilarious.

The_Wraith
August 25th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Step Brothers is hilarious.No. Just No.

Will Ferrell is terrible. His best roles are only when he's supporting funnier actors like in Wedding Crashers and Zoolander.

flibitijibibo
August 25th, 2008, 05:27 AM
To all who went and saw this movie: for shame. You should know by now. I know everyone has that feeling in their head that "oh, nonono, they couldn't make another shit movie... maybe they've reverted to their original days of Scary Movie...", hell, even I felt it for a second or two. However, there is medication (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=af08) for this.

So please. Stop giving them fucking money. Please.

Kornman00
August 25th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Step Brothers is hilarious.
There were only a handful of truly funny parts in that movie. It was quite disappointing IMHO. Is there another writer's strike going on that I'm not aware of :confused:?

Heathen
August 25th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I absolutely HATE Will Ferrell. His movies are terrible.

thehoodedsmack
August 25th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I think Anchorman was Will Ferrell's last good film. Anyways, this movie looks terrible. It appears to be one of those movies designed for the kids born somewhere around 1995. Those little pricks who sit around watching shit like Family Guy, laughing at that retarded nonsense because "hurr hurr, it's so random!" despite the fact that "random" can't even apply to television or film since it's all premeditated, but too bad the little frickers won't admit that they're just watching pure crap. And now they're about 13, and they can finally get into the big kid movies, so look whats on their doorstep. That is gonna be one sad generation. BLARG!

/rant

Heathen
August 25th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Yes.

Xetsuei
August 25th, 2008, 04:12 PM
No, Family Guy is funny. If you don't agree, get a real sense of humor kthx.

Heathen
August 25th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I agree.

blind
August 25th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Its really not. Its retarded.

ima_from_America
August 25th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I would say something, but I wouldn't want to get a backseat moderation infraction.

Anyways. this movie looks like crap.

Xetsuei
August 25th, 2008, 05:17 PM

Xetsueiâ„¢;294497']get a real sense of humor kthx.

Hotrod
August 25th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Actually, I find Family Guy quite funny, but, like it is for everything, some people will like it, some won't.

blind
August 25th, 2008, 05:46 PM
DXHaCEhOiWU
Hilarious, Zet.

Xetsuei
August 25th, 2008, 06:06 PM
DXHaCEhOiWU
Hilarious, Zet.

Congrats, you found something that isn't funny in Family Guy!

You can do this with any show/movie that is funny, thanks.

Heathen
August 25th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Actually, I was laughing my fucking ass off the whole time XD

What isn't funny is Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job. That show is shit.

CN3089
August 25th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Family Guy is horrible and if you like it you are a horrible person, hth http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/cool.gif

blind
August 25th, 2008, 06:25 PM
That was the first thing that popped up Zet. I'm sorry but your vendetta against me (???) is getting rather tiresome :/

supersniper
August 25th, 2008, 06:36 PM
What's next a parody of the parody movies...
I can see it now... Parody movie :/

Xetsuei
August 25th, 2008, 06:47 PM
That was the first thing that popped up Zet. I'm sorry but your vendetta against me (???) is getting rather tiresome :/

No idea what you're talking about.

LlamaMaster
August 25th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I laughed my ass off at that family guy clip. Anyway, the last funny Will Ferrell movie was blades of glory. At least, I think it was funny.

Hotrod
August 25th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I found that clip funny, though I've seen some much better ones before in the show. Though, I agree that some parts aren't that good.

DirtyDave
August 25th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I never wanted to see Disaster Movie .I quit watching those movies after scary movie three was made.
Now yes I have to agree with Heathen, Pineapple Express was really funny and i don't know about Clone Wars I just can't see Star Wars CGI.

Heathen
August 25th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Same. I stopped watching them right after SM4. The Scary Movies were slightly funny, then it started getting rediculous. I mean....stupid rediculous.

Limited
August 25th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Pineapple Express, Step Brothers, Harold and Kumar 2. These films arent even out yet over here.

Family Guy is funny, first time I saw that frog clip I laughed my ass off throughout. Things being funny isnt just the content of what it is, its also the way they tell the jokes which also make it funny, which is what FG has right on the nail.

blind
August 25th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I laughed my ass off at that family guy clip. Anyway, the last funny Will Ferrell movie was blades of glory. At least, I think it was funny.
You serious?
Its the same old shit over and over again. :S

Limited
August 25th, 2008, 09:15 PM
You serious?
Its the same old shit over and over again. :S
You've obviously never seen this clip.

Cz2-ukrd2VQ

jngrow
August 25th, 2008, 09:56 PM
words + maddox link
Amazing. This guy is a fucking genius.

Mass
August 25th, 2008, 10:00 PM
This is one of those movies that manages to trump all odds through shear force of ignorance and hurl itself into the realm of movies beyond cannabis-based enhancement.

I mean seriously, it's like receiving a cinematic lobotomy in which the only surgical tools are the over-marketed excrement of already manufactured American popular "culture" half-heartedly sharpened on the dull grinding wheel of profit-schemes maintained by catatonic, corporate drones who toil tiring hours with no interest in product quality, and have remained in the grip of an unconquerable hangover for a minimum of 4-5 years now. You'd be better advised to wrap a ten spot around your six-inch and set it ablaze for similarly priced entertainment options than to view this toxic chemical laden train wreck of civilized thought lightly sauteed in bile and attempted gay-jokes.

This movie is so fucking retarded that even an advertisement for it revised the laws of physics and brought me dangerously close to shitting my brain out my nose.

Warsaw
August 25th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Nicely said, Yahtzee...

LlamaMaster
August 25th, 2008, 11:48 PM
That was......so beautiful.

itszutak
August 25th, 2008, 11:52 PM
This is one of those movies that manages to trump all odds through shear force of ignorance and hurl itself into the realm of movies beyond cannabis-based enhancement.

I mean seriously, it's like receiving a cinematic lobotomy in which the only surgical tools are the over-marketed excrement of already manufactured American popular "culture" half-heartedly sharpened on the dull grinding wheel of profit-schemes maintained by catatonic, corporate drones who toil tiring hours with no interest in product quality, and have remained in the grip of an unconquerable hangover for a minimum of 4-5 years now. You'd be better advised to wrap a ten spot around your six-inch and set it ablaze for similarly priced entertainment options than to view this toxic chemical laden train wreck of civilized thought lightly sauteed in bile and attempted gay-jokes.

This movie is so fucking retarded that even an advertisement for it revised the laws of physics and brought me dangerously close to shitting my brain out my nose.Read this with a British accent for added hilarity.

Also, I agree completely. I think someone could convince me to KILL with the phrase "psst. Meet the Spartans netted $18 million in one week. Go get them" and them pointing at anybody.

Bodzilla
August 26th, 2008, 12:52 AM
QFT, anyone can make a fucking family guy episode, it's just fuckign stupid to retardation, there is no wit, no fucking puns nothing, it's just fucking stupid.

doesnt mean i dont laugh occasionally but theres plenty of better shows out.

Mass
August 26th, 2008, 01:09 AM
The thing I have against family guy is that it feels like a show for partially retarded thirteen year-olds. This is fine, I suppose, because that seems to be the base audience anyway, but it totally kills an experience when nothing is left to the imagination, particularly when the implication the show feels compelled to overtly flesh out makes little to no sense to start with. It has to deviate from the plot to explain every reference, instead of occasionally allowing itself to actually respect the fact you the viewer may, in fact, have a brain.

blind
August 26th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Its just random jokes thrown together with a weak plot.

The_Wraith
August 26th, 2008, 01:41 AM
And random jokes aren't funny? :rolleyes:

I suppose you hate Scrubs as well.

n00b1n8R
August 26th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Wait, that's possible?

jngrow
August 26th, 2008, 02:07 AM
And random jokes aren't funny? :rolleyes:

Scrubs only occasionally has a huge random deviation from the plot, but also the jokes tend to match the characters much more than in family guy. The randomness is usually pretty quick, doesn't distract from the plot, and tends to add a bit of naturalness to the show IMO.

In Family Guy, any random person can say "Remember the time..", and it ALWAYS has a fucking clip.

The_Wraith
August 26th, 2008, 02:37 AM
That would be the show's gimmick. Since every show has one, please point out what's wrong with it. Every random moment delivers funny. Thus a good show for what it does.

n00b1n8R
August 26th, 2008, 02:42 AM
In Family Guy, any random person can say "Remember the time..", and it ALWAYS has a fucking clip.
that's the whole point of the show

The_Wraith
August 26th, 2008, 02:52 AM
South Park: Exaggeration and sarcasm.
Scrubs: JD's monologuing and imagination.
BSG: UR a Cylon! No U!
House: Hi I'm a sarcastic genius who can't solve the most rediculous cases until the end of the episode whilst also somehow retaining my doctorate despite my horrendous practice ethics.

Every show can be brought down to some stupid and trivial core. Doesn't make it a bad show. Now if you can honestly tell me that every single joke in Family isn't funny and has never made you laugh, then shit I guess you have a terrible humor organ.

jngrow
August 26th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Oh, I wasn't saying Family Guy is a horrible show that never made me laugh, however I do think it gets way too much credit.

Bodzilla
August 26th, 2008, 03:06 AM
South Park: Exaggeration and sarcasm.
Scrubs: JD's monologuing and imagination.
BSG: UR a Cylon! No U!
House: Hi I'm a sarcastic genius who can't solve the most rediculous cases until the end of the episode whilst also somehow retaining my doctorate despite my horrendous practice ethics.

Every show can be brought down to some stupid and trivial core. Doesn't make it a bad show. Now if you can honestly tell me that every single joke in Family isn't funny and has never made you laugh, then shit I guess you have a terrible humor organ.
Southpark actually has a hell of alot of wit and puns in it if your fucking smart enough to pick them up.

Xetsuei
August 26th, 2008, 03:10 AM
He never said it wasn't funny. It was just an example.

The_Wraith
August 26th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Southpark actually has a hell of alot of wit and puns in it if your fucking smart enough to pick them up.Indeed, though I don't think you need much smarts for it.

tommy92L
August 26th, 2008, 05:33 AM
I love southpark.

Limited
August 26th, 2008, 06:24 AM
But did you guys ever like FG? Maybe you've just got old of it. Apparently it came out in 1999 so its been out along time, maybe you've just grown up and become bored with it? Its still pretty new in the UK and thats why I still love it.

Like Wraith said, the cutaway gag jokes are the style of the show.

flibitijibibo
August 26th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah, it's funny, but only when it gets really deep. What smack was talking about is the shit that makes it funny for stupid people. You know, the people who laugh because Peter is drunk in a beer factory.

To me, Family Guy is Robot Chicken in 2D and sometimes with a plot.

Heathen
August 26th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Southpark sneaks in good fucking points. Its not just for lulz. It has multile Pulitzers too.

Also, Scrubs if fucking rad.

Limited
August 26th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Any one know when new season of Scrubs is back on? I thought the finale was a bit rubbish with the whole fantasy thing =\

I think there is a parody movie of a parody movie coming out sometime.

The_Wraith
August 26th, 2008, 04:50 PM
How do you parody a parody? I don't think that's even possible really...

n00b1n8R
August 26th, 2008, 05:07 PM
You take all the bullshit of the other parody movies and make it super srs.

Snowy
August 30th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Oh, wow. I didn't think it was possible, but Disaster Movie has actually achieved a Zero on Rotten Tomatoes. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/disaster_movie/

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.