PDA

View Full Version : [Halo CE: Coop? A MUST READ!]

GuardianX
August 26th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I know this has been gone over dozens of times, even to the point of nbot returning to this site. But...I want to clarify some things.

Here are some facts:

-AI's don't sync online
-The Xbox plays coop beacuse it is on the system, not the LAN
-The average PC outweighs the Xbox hardware wise about 10 to 1. (Not entirely accurate, but close)
-The pc did not come with coop

Well.....it is obvious that Halo PC/CE did not include coop. Why? Probably because at the initial release of Halo the average PC was not capable of running two instances of the game with all of the background processes.

Well, nowadays, the average pc is much better than that. I mean, it's been how long now? 7 Years?

Surely the game still has the coop code built into it. Is it easily accessable? Probably not. But.....is it possible to access this code? Likely.

I know Kornman00's (Sean Cooper's) Project: Open Sauce would probably do this and more, but what would stop us from researching this a little more? I mean, I was looking in some of the Halo core files and saw that the code for using the analog stick on the Xbox controller to flip through menus WAS STILL THERE!

So.....is there anyone who can offer POSITIVE advice on this? Or....does anybody know how we would go about doing this?

ultama121
August 26th, 2008, 09:01 PM
From what I've heard, if someone took the time to do it, syncing AIs online would be very possible with Open Sauce. Although lets not forget the "take the time to do" part.

GuardianX
August 26th, 2008, 09:14 PM
From what I've heard, if someone took the time to do it, syncing AIs online would be very possible with Open Sauce. Although lets not forget the "take the time to do" part.

I'm fairly confident in Kornman00. So- I think that will happen.

But- I am talking in the here and now. Not 4 years from now when nobody plays this game anymore.

What would have to be done to accomplish such a feat?

Cortexian
August 26th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I'm fairly confident in Kornman00. So- I think that will happen.

But- I am talking in the here and now. Not 4 years from now when nobody plays this game anymore.

What would have to be done to accomplish such a feat?
Open Sauce needs to be released.

GuardianX
August 26th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I second that. XD

along with SPv2.

Please don't go off about those things though- thanks.

But...there's gotta be a way to do this. Even if nobody else is interested, I would still like to see it, seeing as I am Xbox/360~less.

Does anyone know someone that might be able to help me that knows about this kind of thing?

Heathen
August 26th, 2008, 09:54 PM
SimpleDont let the AI moveLiket that T&R map that came out.

Pooky
August 26th, 2008, 10:06 PM

He's not talking about online, he's talking about running the game in split-screen on one computer.

DaneO'Roo
August 26th, 2008, 10:58 PM
^ all pc games should come with that standard tbh.

So many times have I wanted to just plug in my controller and verse my brother at my house.

ultama121
August 26th, 2008, 11:26 PM
^This.

Seriously, I think much more people would PC game if in almost every game there was a split-screen feature.

Kornman00
August 27th, 2008, 01:19 AM
It would be more worth while researching H3 for future modding. It is far superior than the first iteration of the engine and already has the support built into the engine.

Hell, I would try working on H2 before I went as far as H1 in getting multibox co-op going since its already half way there anyway.

Also, I'm still interested in getting Stubbs (Xbox) working with MP. The code and support is still in the engine, just need the proper tags to be built with the UI to get the engine to the correct state.

Pooky
August 27th, 2008, 01:45 AM
^ all pc games should come with that standard tbh.

So many times have I wanted to just plug in my controller and verse my brother at my house.

Serious Sam did it, it was fun.