PDA

View Full Version : Windows Explorer Wont Start...

scout1337
August 28th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I've been dealing with this for a VERY long time i think it was b4 i got my spyware but i got rid of that anywayz when i log on to my user i have to start windows manually by pressing cntrl+alt+delete then task manager then aplications new task ETC

but if theres is a way to get my windows explorer back to normal again PLZZZ tell me ive been doing the tas manager thing for ever i think almost all summer :|

so can someone tell me how to get it to start normally?

scout1337
August 28th, 2008, 04:35 PM
acaully it did happen AFTER i got my spyware :| anyone know how to get windows to start on its own?

p0lar_bear
August 29th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Aside from reinstalling Windows, I can't think of any solution. Do you know what malware got on your system? Perhaps you got a virus?

Download HijackThis (Google it) and post the log here so we can see what's going on.

PS: Please clean up your grammar a bit.

Gamerkd16
August 29th, 2008, 03:09 AM
My only idea would be to see if some setting in the MSCONFIG(1) is disabled. Maybe something under startup or services. If you check under the general tab, there is a radio button "Normal Setup - load all device drivers and services". Maybe that will work?

Or have you tried this (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&suggon=0&safe=off&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=explorer+doesn%27t+load+on+startup&btnG=Search)?

1. Go to run, type msconfig, hit enter.

scout1337
August 29th, 2008, 08:46 AM
in the MSconfig what am i looking for? and what do i do?

Phopojijo
August 31st, 2008, 01:23 AM
Problem with spyware is it often installs viruses or rootkits with the intent of keeping spyware/zombiebots/keyloggers installed on your PC.

It's possible you have a virus/rootkit which is conflicting with Window's internal workings and one symptom is Windows Explorer failing to boot.

Viruses are made to be stealthy these days... however stability of your system isn't even really an afterthought.

Pope
August 31st, 2008, 02:41 AM
I once had this problem but the problem was that I was running a shell program that just turned off explorer and took it's place. When I stopped using it explorer never turned on again.

I kinda didn't fix it because I already got a new computer and just ended up reformatting for selling purposes.

Longshot
August 31st, 2008, 03:08 AM
Wow, I'm currently dealing with this problem myself, perhaps a virus is going round? Anyway, I can't think of any other way to fix this, I've just booted explorer through ctrl + alt + del, I'll probably just format my hard drive and be done with it.

Good luck anyway!