PDA

View Full Version : H2_Headlong re-make

kenney001
February 27th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Ive started a project of re-making h2_headlong in addition to my dual-weild scripts and am hoping to make a realistic h2 level.

Here are some screenies. First two are max renderings of my bridge and the next two are some sapien shots of my attempts at correcting the lighting. (please note the lack of shadows due to the fact that i stopped radiosity WAY early for time reasons.)

Just thought i maight share with the world. PLEASE respond if maybe i messed up the bridge or left details out, as i dont own h2 and am referencing off of memory and google images. (note: the textureing on the bridge is only for looks in max and will be changed to the h2 look shortly).

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlong1.jpghttp://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlong2.jpghttp://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlong3.jpghttp://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlong4.jpg

rossmum
February 27th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Needs better textures. I assume that's planned, but if it's not, it should be.

HDoan
February 27th, 2007, 10:32 PM
seems to.. yellowish in saipen

Kalub
February 27th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Where did you get the ripped mesh from?

CtrlAltDestroy
February 27th, 2007, 11:01 PM
... Halo 2? :/

rossmum
February 27th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Oh, ripped?

Ok, scrap what I said... it needs more talent. :|

Stealth
February 27th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Ive started a project of re-making h2_headlong in addition to my dual-weild scripts and am hoping to make a realistic h2 level.

Here are some screenies. First two are max renderings of my bridge and the next two are some sapien shots of my attempts at correcting the lighting. (please note the lack of shadows due to the fact that i stopped radiosity WAY early for time reasons.)

Just thought i maight share with the world. PLEASE respond if maybe i messed up the bridge or left details out, as i dont own h2 and am referencing off of memory and google images. (note: the textureing on the bridge is only for looks in max and will be changed to the h2 look shortly).
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlong1.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlong2.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlong3.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlong4.jpg

you know something, I've learned some new tags that every one should learn...
any ways nice work, can't wait to see more.

Neuro Guro
February 27th, 2007, 11:15 PM
That supposed version of "H2_Headlong" on halomaps.org is a leak btw. Was being worked on by the "se7en numbers" team and i was working on fixing the ripped mesh but when it was leaked after the team discontinued i just stopped completely on it and never messed with anything ripped after that. Of course thats not the only reason why i stopped doing it , it happened around when ripping was more of a debated issue and that contributed the most to me stopping work on it.

kenney001
February 27th, 2007, 11:38 PM
yes i ripped the h2_headlong, and plan to give them alot of credit. I just know that people love headlong and i see no attempts at finishing it. I want to finish what they started once-and-for-all.
The yellowish is because radiosity was quit at .9999 to save time, and the textures are being worked on. Im re-doing bump-maps and detail maps, and re-texturing alot of places completely due to horrible uvw's in the origional.

mech
February 27th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Just finish it, and release please =D

CE HAS NO GOOD HALO 2 MAPS. THIS IS MY FAVORITE HALO 2 MAP.

Kalub
February 28th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Just finish it, and release please =D

CE HAS NO GOOD HALO 2 MAPS. THIS IS MY FAVORITE HALO 2 MAP.

Theres a reason for that...

Neuro Guro
February 28th, 2007, 01:01 AM
So you're blatantly stating that zanzibar is not a good map in ce.

Theres a few thousand people that beg to differ.

Btd69
February 28th, 2007, 01:01 AM
How's advent?

Neuro Guro
February 28th, 2007, 01:03 AM
How's advent? Lmfao

U STFU U HEAR , THATS NOT MOI MAP ALRITE. [/thread_random_derail]

n00b1n8R
February 28th, 2007, 03:46 AM
i don't like zanzibar.

no flaming please, i just don't like it. i've never had a good game on it asides from stuffing with sword lunging.

looking good thought :D

Jayden
February 28th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Good job so far, and don't get down when everyone gets on your back for ripping. Use this to learn, to become experienced with texturing, shaders, lighting, and all that. Then, at some point, after you've learned what you can from this map, start making your own from what you've learned. I'd like to guess that 95% of the people here have touched on ripped content in some way. Anyway, if you decide to release it, I don't endorse that, neither do I condemn it, give credit where it's due.

Keep up the good work.

Terry
February 28th, 2007, 08:01 AM

Actually, its not that great. It lags on lower specs and the actual halo 2 mod isn't as fun nor as accurate as one would want. I could go more into detail but alot of people I know dislike the halo2 maps for ce.

PenGuin1362
February 28th, 2007, 10:02 AM
to be honest...don't give a shit about this...in fact...half the people here probably don't. congratulation you managed to rip a halo 2 map and put it into halo 1! welcome to 2 years ago. kthnx bye. now leave.

mech
February 28th, 2007, 10:35 AM

Yeah, you got a problem with it?

You can say the exact same thing about this http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=955

A few

Skyline
February 28th, 2007, 11:01 AM
^lol, so it has alot of downloads, doesn't mean it's played often. I only see 1 or 2 servers with either 0-3 people in it.

bfett9
February 28th, 2007, 03:15 PM
can you post a link to download the map you made??

Dole
February 28th, 2007, 03:42 PM
^lol, so it has alot of downloads, doesn't mean it's played often. I only see 1 or 2 servers with either 0-3 people in it.
That's usually more than any other custom map I see going (with the exception of CMT maps, but those have only been around for 2 months).

It's WIP. That has been deliberately made known.

1. Actually, its not that great. 2. It lags on lower specs and 3. the actual halo 2 mod isn't as fun 4. nor as accurate as one would want. 5. I could go more into detail but 6. alot of people I know 7. dislike the halo2 maps for ce.
1. Actually, you're wrong.
2. Small price to pay for such a perfect map.
3. This is a load of shit, k?
4. It was released before Halo 2 was. I'd say that's pretty damn good.
5. I honestly don't think you could.
6. Who do you know, like two people?
7. See answer to #3

Limited
February 28th, 2007, 04:09 PM

Lag is WAY more than a small price to play, CMT SP maps are pretty much unplayable for me..

I dont have that much if a shit card too. Sadly CMT cant do any thing about it halos laggy as it is.

DaneO'Roo
February 28th, 2007, 04:28 PM
lol^

Well, I don't seeem to have beef with ripping, by doing this, hes learning a great deal, as Jayden said. After htis, im quite sure he'll have a fair enough knowledge to start his own map. And besides, I wan't Headlong in CE :D

kenney001
February 28th, 2007, 04:30 PM
To clear things up this is not CE Zanzibar, this is Headlong. I really dont care how amny people like it because its my favorite map, and since i dont own halo2 i thought id fix the one i have.

I didnt rip this from halo 2 anyway. This is h2_headlong mod for haloce that leaked a while back, and that im finishing for them.

Dole
February 28th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Lag is WAY more than a small price to play, CMT SP maps are pretty much unplayable for me..

I dont have that much if a shit card too. Sadly CMT cant do any thing about it halos laggy as it is.
Oh, I was talking about Zanzibar.
But Zanzibar is still more enjoyable than anything out of CMT so far, lag or no lag. (for me, lag makes CMT MP maps nearly unplayable)

Hurrvish
February 28th, 2007, 05:05 PM
this looks awesome so far. just make sure the lighting isnt fucked up like other h2 ce maps (excluding the ones from h2ce team)

Boba
February 28th, 2007, 05:45 PM
How dare you.

Pooky
February 28th, 2007, 06:32 PM

You weren't around when it was new, clearly. <_<

SnaFuBAR
February 28th, 2007, 08:33 PM
I didnt rip this from halo 2 anyway. This is h2_headlong mod for haloce that leaked a while back, and that im finishing for them.

ok well guess what? we know you didn't rip it, but we know that it is for a fact, ripped, so don't call it custom, because it's not.

kenney001
February 28th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Ok. Well i didnt know that. But I thought it was awfully-good modeling for a custom map..........
Thanks for the heads-up. now can we stop this arguing please? I really dont care, i plan to give due credit for it, and i oly wanted to fix its many flaws.

n00b1n8R
March 1st, 2007, 04:42 AM
calm down snaff, he didn't know that.

any updates? :)

SnaFuBAR
March 1st, 2007, 04:54 AM
you're kidding, right? he should've known straight away that it's ripped, because we told him right off the bat. seemed as though he kept trying to pass it off as custom, when we all know it's not. so i decided to be a little more VOCAL about it.

Spartan000
March 1st, 2007, 05:18 AM
After reading this little spat I need to say something. If the new guy didn't know what ripping and stuff was right off the bat, it means he isn't as much of a PC guy as the rest of you. (*tries not to be racist and say dorks* lol)

from what I see he wants to finish the map, and if he actually causes it to look slightly less ripped, it would be all the better. But unless he moves a few (thousand) verts, that will not exactly happen. I don't like ripping, but I will say this, if a good map is actually finished, I mean placements and decent gameplay as well as looks, I would play it. It would only be how the map itself came to be that I wouldn't like.

Chief117
March 2nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
Well it's a really good remake at least. The current h2_headlong is a load of crap. Come to think of it, all the h2 maps in CE really suck. Cept for zanzi. That's still fun to play.

Cortexian
March 2nd, 2007, 10:24 AM
If CE had less minimalist mappers all the Halo 2 maps would have been out already...

Master Chief
March 2nd, 2007, 10:53 AM
^lol agreed. i'm not much of a map maker, but i sure as hell know some stuff about modding!

«TUI» HenTz
March 2nd, 2007, 12:22 PM
YEY i always loved Headlong , but no any servers of it most of the time and its WAY too dark.. nice to hear ur fixing the lighting and things , but pleees keep the h2 Ghost of this map , i love it sooo much ^^

Pooky
March 2nd, 2007, 03:27 PM
There were a couple of cool things in the existing h2_headlong, and those are the portable turrets and use-able Ghost guns. That's it, the entire rest of the map sucked, and honestly I can't see this one being any better. I'm more than willing to be proved wrong, though. Always nice to see someone rise above expectations

kenney001
March 2nd, 2007, 05:21 PM
thats all good and all, and i thought when i said "re-making h2_headlong" that you guys would know that im not creating it, just fixing it. i just wanted a better version of headlong. And since im no n00b at mapping, modding, or modeling at all, i thought id finish what they started because i like the level headlong for its layout and theme.

And for the record, im not a "new kid" at this at all.

Terry
March 2nd, 2007, 06:55 PM
That's usually more than any other custom map I see going (with the exception of CMT maps, but those have only been around for 2 months).

It's WIP. That has been deliberately made known.

1. Actually, you're wrong.
3. This is a load of shit, k?
4. It was released before Halo 2 was. I'd say that's pretty damn good.
5. I honestly don't think you could.
6. Who do you know, like two people?
7. See answer to #3
Ok. Fine, thats your opinion and I respect that, but I'll have you know that (this may shock you!) some people may have different opinions to you :O . Quite a few regular PC players have tried the halo 2 maps for ce and don't like them. Also, I have friends who I referred to halo ce and they disliked the halo 2 maps a great deal.
And no, fps is actually quite a big price to pay. Especially when the said game is over 3 years old. Also, I find your post to be somewhat attacking me for stating what's true. Sure, it was cool that they recreated a halo 2 map before it was released but in all honesty, I don't think its a good halo 2 map. Oh and I can go into detail, but I don't really feel like it. Besides inaccurate models, textures, the mod not being so accurate, lag, and imbalances here and there and other things, the halo 2 maps are just mediocre really. Infact, I much prefer their classic versions much more. I understand it was a custom made map (and I respect that, I really do) but as Mech said, it isn't that great of a halo 2 map.

I don't really like Headlong all that much myself, but if its done right and the mod is accurate (or there is a classic version available) I might find myself enjoying it much more on CE than xbox as I can never get a controller down :P.

mech
March 2nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
I can name 100 people that don't like h2_zanzibar.

hurrururur

AiRgUItaR901
March 2nd, 2007, 09:08 PM
Yay! It looks like it's going to be pretty nice! The other headlong was too dark :(

kenney001
March 2nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Im almost done fixing open edges, and ill release a beta for testing in the next coupke of days. Ill probably put the real h2 weapons where they belong, but not any dual-weilds yet until i finish my script.

p0lar_bear
March 2nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Headlong is a good map, one of the few I actually 100% enjoy playing on in Halo 2.

A proper CE port would be nice, just also make a "classic" version with stock content, and also polish everything you can. Make sure that this won't lag, the scripts won't screw up, and that there aren't any ugly spots.

Let me ask you this, since a lot of people either disregard or don't know about it: do you know how to create area portals? (Not teleporters.)

kenney001
March 3rd, 2007, 01:57 AM
yes i do know how to protal\exact portal a map. I soon plan on releasing a beta for everyone to try and tell my what to fix (since i dont own halo2 and cant see it when i need to.) Right now im working on fixing\boosting the textures (and getting rid of the HOrrible texturing in that one building.)

Pooky
March 3rd, 2007, 08:44 PM
I can name 100 people that don't like h2_zanzibar.

hurrururur

You could start with me. h2_beaver_creek ftw

«TUI» HenTz
March 4th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Kenney , do u put this beta on halomaps.org too , or when somwhere else then tell here please. Keep it up =)

Epherum
March 4th, 2007, 12:59 PM
It looks pretty good but how'd you get it, it seems like you ripped it form Halo 2. Anyway i just want to know what exactly your doing with it? But Keep up the good work.

stalker 4589
March 4th, 2007, 01:03 PM
its a old ce map (im not sure if its ripped)

basically he is just touching it up and making it nice and bright

Epherum
March 4th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Ah. ok.

«TUI» HenTz
March 4th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Hey kenney , i found a helpful vid of Headlong too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAOAL92mJlE&mode=related&search=
take a look at it , it may help you.

SnaFuBAR
March 4th, 2007, 01:31 PM
epherum and stalker, you're idiots. either that or you're lazy. had you read, you would know that this is ripped...

Epherum
March 4th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Huh, I'm sorry SnaFBar. but i read it and i was asking kenney not you, dumbass. He said it wasn't ripped but i think i know where it came from. Im asking this question to generate a discussion not argument.

SnaFuBAR
March 4th, 2007, 01:45 PM
no, you did not read.

ok well guess what? we know you didn't rip it, but we know that it is for a fact, ripped, so don't call it custom, because it's not.

Ok. Well i didnt know that. But I thought it was awfully-good modeling for a custom map..........
Thanks for the heads-up. now can we stop this arguing please? I really dont care, i plan to give due credit for it, and i oly wanted to fix its many flaws.

DUMB ASS

mech
March 4th, 2007, 01:53 PM
DUMBASS :mad:

i want to fit in 2

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
March 4th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Ok, dumb asses, enough please. ;)

paladin
March 4th, 2007, 05:33 PM
You say you are "remaking" the map. But the one before used a ripped mesh and so did you. I don't get the remaking part.

kenney001
March 4th, 2007, 06:27 PM
re-making the map means im fixing almost all of the textures, adding the bridge and other modeling flaws, and re-lighting it to make it look similar to the real deal. I Said no-where that I made this map. I figured people here would know when i put h2_headlong that i meant H2_headlon.map. Im sorry for the inconvinience but no-where did i say that I Made it. When i said "re-making" it was in the context of "re-doing" as in fixing the flaws and performing major surgory on it.

Again, sorry for the inconvinience. And for the record i am taking no credit for the basic textures and models (although i have re-done tehm all to look better and added my custom bump-maps)

megaxp
March 4th, 2007, 07:28 PM
good!!

kenney001
March 5th, 2007, 09:03 PM
wow.....bump-maps kill performance. Its sad, i was testing the headlong level, and i gave EVERy texture its own bump-map. I was playing around, and on my AMD 3500+ and ATI Radeon xt1950gt i was getting about 20- fps in some areas.....thats pittiful..........

On a better note i need some people who can help me with portaling, and i need a new sky. I want a sky similar in looks to the real h2 headlong level, doesnt have to be perect, jsut not teh Clear afternoon sky i have now. I dont care if you change the textures or w/e. I also need one with the sun in the right place, for the radiosity and shading to look right. Ive got the sun radiosity coloring\properties well enough already.

rossmum
March 5th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Bump mapping doesn't kill performance as much as you make out. I should know, I have an FX5200. :|

Limited
March 6th, 2007, 04:58 AM
Depends how much bump mapping there is and in how much of an area. For instance, a MASSIVE big map outdoors with bumpmaps, you dont see every wall in detail asi ts far away, however in a small room full of bumpmaps, you see more, it has to render more etc it lags more.

They dont lag like crazy, but then again I only get 30 - 40 fps in BG any way, with most gfx set low..

kenney001
March 6th, 2007, 07:22 AM
lol im getting an average of 250+ fps in h2_coagulation without vsync. When i turn the flashlight on ro fire it drops to about 210-220 fps. This is with maximum settings on 1024x768.

I_Am_Error117
March 6th, 2007, 09:57 AM
do you plan on putting the suspended bridge segment and beam in?

kenney001
March 6th, 2007, 04:45 PM
yes. I am planning to borrow my friends xbox this weekend to help with the placement and textures on the cranes and the suspended segments. Right now im working with textures and radiosity.

Pooky
March 6th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Portaling the level ought to increase the performance by a lot... but then again there's no need to bumpmap EVERYTHING. I mean, if you look at the sidewalk in your street odds are it doesn't have a shiny fake looking bumpmap like the best Halo can do on it

kenney001
March 6th, 2007, 10:16 PM
well its not shiny, jsut "bumpy" and looks pretty good. i plan to get rid of them on all the concrete buldings, and non-major textures. It was jsut for fun. I have moved the sun and am running a "quick" radiosity test to see if i got the shadows right this time, but ive got the lightmap pretty much figured out. This process takes 15-20 minutes do run radiosity and stop it early.

Hurrvish
March 6th, 2007, 10:21 PM
just make sure the light map is correct. i dont care about the bsp crap as long as i can see where im going without a fleshlight everytime

keep the good work up :)

kenney001
March 6th, 2007, 10:33 PM
anyone knwo how to move the point of radiosity? I moved the #sun in max and compiled, but the shadows are still commming form the origional location. And no-where in the gbx model tag do i see anything thats related.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
March 6th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Sky... Tag... :|

kenney001
March 6th, 2007, 10:41 PM
yes ive looked in there too. cant find anything.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
March 6th, 2007, 10:44 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8161/zkdjfghsdli8taekg89iz8.jpg

:)

p0lar_bear
March 7th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Portaling the level ought to increase the performance by a lot... but then again there's no need to bumpmap EVERYTHING. I mean, if you look at the sidewalk in your street odds are it doesn't have a shiny fake looking bumpmap like the best Halo can do on it
The shiny/plasticy looking bumpmap you see is actually caused by the cubic reflection maps. You could probably get away with defining a bumpmap and not a cubemap.

Doesn't matter much to me, I can't run the game too well with specular on, so I don't see a bumpmap unless I shine a dynamic light on it.

IMHO, you should always create and define a bumpmap in a shader.

kenney001
March 7th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Ive looked there too, it has a lense flare but no marker name in the origional, and when i attatched it to the marker it moves the sun, but radioisty still runs from the origional location.

[MT]Slayer
March 8th, 2007, 08:17 PM
WTF, theres nothing ripped, the Wraith and Scorpion look too, Halo 1-ish...including everything, the map needs to be more halo 2 fied.

Pred1ator
March 8th, 2007, 08:20 PM
the hogs where ripped I belive,

I was working on a mac extracting bitmaps and models and i find the skin looks exacaly like the one form Halo 2

The scorpion was not ripped...IDK mabye a major skin edit

kenney001
March 8th, 2007, 08:28 PM
yeah i just have to remove the multi-purpose maps from the weapons\vehicels and they look better.

p0lar_bear
March 9th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Slayer;34713']WTF, theres nothing ripped

If I'm not mistaken, the whole BSP was a rip from Halo 2.

It doesn't really matter much anyway, as kenney isn't claiming credit for making it as most other idiots do. Ripping's no show of talent, I'll agree with that, but there's nothing ethically wrong with it if you cite your sources correctly and make zero profit off of it.

kenney001
March 12th, 2007, 08:03 PM
ok i have the lightmap pretty much fixed. Now i need help with the sky itself. if someone could help with modeling a new one, or jsut changing the bitmaps on an existing one it'd help out alot.

Here's what i have: (note all reflections\bump\detail maps have been removed temporarily for radiosity)

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlong.jpg

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
March 12th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Awesome. Though you need to give it a slight(er) ambient radioisty power. Shadowed places are too dark.

Hotrod
March 12th, 2007, 10:09 PM
I agree with that. The shadows need to be slightly less dark. Is there the covenant boxes that explode in there? And what about the orange cones near the vehicles near the water? I know these are little details, but they add a lot to the map if you want it to be almost the same as the one in Halo 2.

EDIT: If you don't know witch ones I'm talking about, look in the building beside where the banshee spawns.

n00b1n8R
March 13th, 2007, 04:53 AM
they look forerunner or human. covenan't stuff is purple.
and purple is the official colour of gay pride. coincidence? you decide.

isn't there a tool in sapian that lets your brighten stuff up without radiosety?

looking wina :D

kenney001
March 13th, 2007, 07:14 AM
yes but it only works in sapien, it wont save to the light map..so its only temporary.

Pooky
March 13th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Awesome. Though you need to give it a slight(er) ambient radioisty power. Shadowed places are too dark.

Which was the exact same problem the old headlong had. Don't make noob mistakes =x

kenney001
March 13th, 2007, 04:29 PM
no the old headlong was too dark overall. It used shades of grey to light it, im using browns, aoranges, and pinks

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Where are you going to use the pink lighting? I can see where you are going to use the oranges and the browns, but not the pink.

Stealth
March 13th, 2007, 04:34 PM
well, if he adds a sun set, then there is you'r pink, unless there is something else that can happen when the sun is up that will cause some pink lighting.

Hotrod
March 13th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Oh, ok. Thank you for the help. But the original Headlong doesn't have a sunset, does it?

kenney001
March 13th, 2007, 06:58 PM
yes. Shades of pink though, a very light pink. look at pictures of headlong, there is a little pink mixed in.

n00b1n8R
March 14th, 2007, 12:26 AM
"it's a really light red"

TeeKup
March 14th, 2007, 04:17 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlong.jpg

You just won. The lighting is perfect. :)

kenney001
March 14th, 2007, 05:00 PM
yes just need to fix the textures on the buildings now.....then populate. i sill need to beautify the shaders too....

megaxp
March 14th, 2007, 07:00 PM
awww??
I download the map?

Dole
March 14th, 2007, 07:43 PM
You have a promising future, Kenney.

Think you can get the crane to shake when a car drives over it?

kenney001
March 15th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Idk. Someone did it on midship with a script, but i dont know how nor do i think the engine could handle any more scripting than what im already throwing at it with the dual-weilds

Hurrvish
March 15th, 2007, 05:53 PM
the midship script would be randoms :)
cant wait to play headlong

TeeKup
March 15th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Yes. this is probably the first CE map I've been anxious about for a while. headlong is on of my favorites.

Hurrvish
March 15th, 2007, 06:10 PM
this is definitely on of the best converted maps, until l33t releases his mod :)

[MT]Slayer
March 15th, 2007, 06:19 PM
well, since new shots are out, i guess i change my mind on the h2headlong remake. Its good, cool. I hope the map isn't too big, my CE folder is huge.

stalker 4589
March 15th, 2007, 07:07 PM
looks really cool mate. one of the ones im looking forward too.

btw is there nay links to check progress on leets halo 2 mod?

Hurrvish
March 15th, 2007, 07:11 PM
hes not updating it anymore... :(

Dole
March 15th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Check Halomods forums under the "Pictures" section.

Hurrvish
March 15th, 2007, 07:19 PM
but its not updated, and neither is l33ts forum

stalker 4589
March 16th, 2007, 12:04 AM
i cantr find nothing a link would be nice please

Dole
March 16th, 2007, 11:43 AM
What does leet's mod have to do with Kenney's map? Anything you have to ask can be done with a PM.

kenney001
March 19th, 2007, 09:54 PM
ok. anyone here a halo shader guru that could help me get these shaders looking more H2-like? Right now it is looking to dull and concrete-ish.
im willing to send a beta map for testing to those who could help.

megaxp
March 20th, 2007, 08:29 PM
oh yeah u send map?
for pm?

n00b1n8R
March 21st, 2007, 04:14 AM
^past work?

kenney001
March 24th, 2007, 01:43 PM
ok i've done alot. All i need to do know is
add a couple detail maps
finish the device for the swinging I-Beam to make it sway
add the hanging road section
add the billboards
add the lights
change the .sky bitmaps
add the custom ui\dialogue
run full radiosity

and hopefully soon i can get my H2 dual script completed for a second release of this map for all those CE players who love h2

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlongv22.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlongv23.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlongv2.jpg

Con
March 24th, 2007, 01:47 PM
radiosity looks good :)

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
March 24th, 2007, 01:58 PM
The darker part where the light posts are, are way to blue and a little to bright.

Hotrod
March 24th, 2007, 02:19 PM
It looks really good, but the sky looks a little too blue... Make it a little lighter and it will look a lot better.

kenney001
March 24th, 2007, 02:33 PM
no, its not the headlong sky. It needs top be a dusky cloudy kindof sky.

the1
March 27th, 2007, 08:32 AM

please let me know how that turns out and what you did to get that to sync plz. cause as far as im awear you can't get just 1 spicific player's actions. only all at once. unless the scripts were intended for sp in which case you still have 1 problem. continuously swapping weapons the player holds and still making it look good. but great if its possible. if it sounds like im being sarcastic im trying not to seem like it. im just letting you know what i know from experience and knowledge of the script language and its capibalitys. (which btw are really low but not so full of limits it isn't worth messing with) hell if you can figure that out can you help me?

other than that. is it yellow looking because of the lighting? other than that looks pritty damned good :P

Hurrvish
March 27th, 2007, 08:37 AM
sexy. although the lighting could do with a little bit of toning down

kenney001
March 27th, 2007, 07:12 PM
The lighting is done on a radiosity of .999999, meaning its got no shadow map yet. I used it for testing.

As for the script, the only part i havent synced yet is deleteing the weapons when yu pick up the dual-weild. i've got it worked out for up to 16 players to sync.

Hunter
March 28th, 2007, 08:26 AM
i think it is awsome but just one quistion. wat is the point in doing all of this when H2 Vista comes out this year. wouldnt it be better to wait for that then convert and use stuff from there to make it into a CE map

rossmum
March 28th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Because not everyone is getting H2V? And because it's quicker and easier to do it now for CE, then port it across afterwards? And because he wants to make it now, not when H2V comes out?

Sunray
March 28th, 2007, 09:02 AM
^TBH. Quite a lot of people will not being getting H2V straight away. What of those people? Also, chances are this will be coming out before H2V and will display the dual wielding scripts that may be used in loads of HCE maps.

rossmum
March 28th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Exactly. Also, how many people still play CS 1.6, even though Source has been out for ages? What's to say Halo PC/CE and H2V will be any different?

mech
March 28th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Sure halo pc will still have a fluctuation of scrubs running around pubbing, but klanwars is going to go to halo 2 vista, along with many of the gamers. Klanwars is the life of halo pc, you guys ever wondered why random servers of halo pc clans pop up in halo custom edition with halo 2 maps? well it's because they're practicing for halo 2 vista with the current halo 2 maps out in halo ce.

Pooky
March 28th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Well, clans and their clanwars fail, I'll be more than happy to see them go. =)

mech
March 28th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Yea, right...

n00b1n8R
March 28th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Well, clans and their clanwars fail, I'll be more than happy to see them go. =)
metroid wins.

p0lar_bear
March 28th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I'm with him on this one, ever since winning-obsessed players and their aimbotting counterparts showed up on CE, it's been increasingly less fun to play.

God forbid you don't kill people in three shots, right?

rossmum
March 28th, 2007, 07:10 PM
metroid wins.
Seconded.

«TUI» HenTz
March 30th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Looking great , keep it up =)

kenney001
March 30th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I actually took a literal screenshot with a camera on my tv of my friends xbox, and did some photoshop magic, and made some authentic h2 textures. Heres a few of my new indoor shaders. (please ignore the HUD, its on my list of to-do's and i have to modify every weapon tag to make to make it work.)

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/haloscreencopy3.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/haloscreencopy.jpg

AAA
March 30th, 2007, 09:49 PM
This is Gold O.O sooo shiny, I love it. Love, love it, and love it =O

*cough*.............uuuhhh, very nice work. Impressed :Thumbs up:

EDIT: both pics have different colors to 'em around the arms, purple and pink. did you change colors or is that really how shiny the armor is going to be? o.o

rossmum
March 30th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Use better H2 FP arms, those ones are icky.

kenney001
March 30th, 2007, 11:54 PM
its from teh smg fire...its purple.

kenney001
April 9th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Heres another Update: i made the cranes and scenery, and the sgin, and fixewd the lightmap again. I still need to make more scenery (the lights on the building to the left, and the random boxes) and populate.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlongscree7.jpg

*EDIT* CRAP sorry guys for the self-bump. I didnt realize i was the last one to post here. my Bad, please don't flame me for that.

SoulD3stroyer
April 9th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I say the map is perfect, headlong its always been my personal favorite map:D, now this is something i would wait for.

Dole
April 9th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Don't worry, you posted relevant content.

Knight
April 9th, 2007, 12:26 PM
At least it looks better than the current h2_headlong its too dark.... At least yours is nice and bright :D

Hotrod
April 9th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Somebody could easily mistake that for the real Halo 2 Headlong. Keep up the good work!

Chief117
April 9th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Somebody could easily mistake that for the real Halo 2 Headlong. Keep up the good work!
I swear he just took a pic of headlong and put it there. I guess I'm the sucker to fall for it =(. Anyway Great job! +REP!!

Eco_Êâĝłê™
April 9th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I like it. I think that will go big in ratings of levels\maps. Right now i would give it a 10. GREAT JOB!

kenney001
April 9th, 2007, 04:40 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlongscree6.jpg

Hurrvish
April 9th, 2007, 04:40 PM
exxxcelent

kenney001
April 10th, 2007, 12:41 AM
heres a little before and after for those who are curious as to what im doing:

Before (photoshopped brightness a little on these pics:)

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/orighead2.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/orighead.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlongorig3.jpg

And Now It looks Like this:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/head2.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlongscree6.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlongscree7.jpg

See a difference? Its REALLY hard to notice. If you look closely you MIGHT be able to tell a little. Lol.

[:)]If you like the progress, i could use a little Rep *wink*Wink*[:)]

Please ignore the obvious faults in the new versions. im not done yet.

mech
April 10th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Cool you even got that swingy thingy, and yes please new fp arms -_-

DaneO'Roo
April 10th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Just give it the halo 1 1st person arms, make it a classic map. I find the halo 2 stuff turns me off the maps with it in it, just because its kinda crappy :X

Classic would be much better, trust me.

Dole
April 10th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Well, the guy's not half bad at modeling, skinning, or shaders... I'll chance it to say that any FP arms he made wouldn't come out worse than what he's using now, or the Halo 1 FP arms.

mech
April 10th, 2007, 12:56 PM
I think i know the ce community better and we prefer halo 2 weapons.

Sunray
April 10th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Would it be possible to release both? I would prefer to play a classic, but I agree with mech that the majority of people would prefur H2.

EDIT: :o

Dole
April 10th, 2007, 01:43 PM
You spelled "prefer" wrong even though it was spelled right in the post above yours.
Unless you did in fact mean "before fur?"

AAA
April 10th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I think i know the ce community better and we prefer halo 2 weapons.

:withstupid:

and Kenney......I have something to say to you, something I've always wanted to say to you:mad:...

I Love You.

I'm loving the Headlong Re-Make and I'm looking forward to the H2 Dual Wield Script:)

By the way, the before and after pictures are amazing:worship: :v

EDIT: One Question. Is that Crosshair the final crsshair for the Battle Rifle? That crosshair has always looked crappy to me >_>

Bad Waffle
April 10th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Althought i usually dont like it when people use ripped meshes like this, i condone this effort. You've put a crapload of effort into these tags to make it look even better than halo 2. Keep on truckin, mate!

kenney001
April 10th, 2007, 04:33 PM
neither do i, but if i want it to be out before h2v i would have to have. i ripped meshes for the basis, but then polished them myself.

HELP WANTED:
And for those who know animatiing and max well, i need people who can merge animations for every weapon set. i would provide the origional models, the FP arms, the list of what i need, and need people to help. I personally could not do it all and expect to have this out before may 8th due to school and the finishing of the level itself. Xfire me at Kenney001 if you are intersted, or jsut post so here along with your xfire name and previous work.

mech
April 10th, 2007, 07:02 PM
:withstupid:

and Kenney......I have something to say to you, something I've always wanted to say to you:mad:...

I Love You.

I'm loving the Headlong Re-Make and I'm looking forward to the H2 Dual Wield Script:)

By the way, the before and after pictures are amazing:worship: :v

EDIT: One Question. Is that Crosshair the final crsshair for the Battle Rifle? That crosshair has always looked crappy to me >_>

... You obviously know nothing. The influx of CE players over the past few months?? I have absolutely nothing to do with it at all... and i have no clue why they're playing ce...

Pooky
April 10th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I would like a classic map if it kept the dual wield script, but that would take far too long, and by that time we could be playing the real headlong =\

kenney001
April 10th, 2007, 09:33 PM
yes. i am in a timecrunch here too to get this out before h2v.

p0lar_bear
April 10th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Just somehting I wanted to point out:

Remove the atmospheric fog please. :)

kenney001
April 11th, 2007, 07:27 AM
hell no. the real headlong has it, this one is gonna. it also looks funny when you don't. Besides, you can't even see any by looking at these pics.

Rosco
April 11th, 2007, 09:29 AM
... You obviously know nothing. The influx of CE players over the past few months?? I have absolutely nothing to do with it at all... and i have no clue why they're playing ce...

Getting ready for Halo 2 Vista KWing by playing Halo 2 re-created maps?

mech
April 11th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Getting ready for Halo 2 Vista KWing by playing Halo 2 re-created maps?

bitch

ur 1 of those guys that likes other guys

AAA
April 11th, 2007, 02:03 PM
bitch

Off topic idiot. You're being a real ass and you need to stop.

*waits for update*

mech
April 11th, 2007, 02:21 PM
u need a penis

Rosco
April 11th, 2007, 05:25 PM
bitch

Who are you to say that when you're telling me about chemistry and how big this guy's stiffy was in a video.:smith:

Awesome work man, keep it up :)

kenney001
April 13th, 2007, 11:19 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlognscreenie.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/headlognscreenie3.jpg

AAA
April 13th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Sexcellent.:)

EDIT: Do those things attached to the cranes move when you're on it??? Just wonderin' because you said you'd be doing that,

Pooky
April 13th, 2007, 11:21 PM
lolpics.

This map almost looks ready to go :)

kenney001
April 13th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Heres the running list of whats left:

-make a new box scenery from h2 for the room.
-fix the water shader
-fix a few single-faced UVW errors
-fix the magnum sounds (im borrowing an xbox tomarrow for this.)

What I might do if i feel like it after those are done:
-finish h2_weilding script
-finish dual weapon combo models\animations
-make headlong have dual-weildable weapons

p0lar_bear
April 14th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Kenny, wtf. Stop posting pics of halo 2 and saying that you did it.

:saddowns: That was sarcasm, btw. Dolt.

Sunray
April 14th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Do all the things you might feel like please! Even if it takes longer, please do them.

Btd69
April 14th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Kenny, wtf. Stop posting pics of halo 2 and saying that you did it.

:saddowns: That was sarcasm, btw. Dolt.

p0lar_bear, stop insulting Halo 2 :(

Hurrvish
April 14th, 2007, 01:18 PM
n00b suggestion: how about a hidden switch that opens the huge doors, and put a golden warthog inside?

Pred1ator
April 14th, 2007, 01:25 PM
^i agree, needs a secret to spice the map up :D

Dole
April 14th, 2007, 01:35 PM
But then no one would acually play on the map, it would just be a bunch of noobs crowding the blast doors to ride a warthog.

ImSpartacus
April 14th, 2007, 06:00 PM
i agree, just keep it an emulated halo 2 map.

btw-why dont a group of modders just take an afternoon and rip all the halo 2 maps and release them crediting only bungie?

i really like how this map is coming out, but there are a lot more halo 2 maps that could be just as cool. u dont have to do what kenney is doing, just set up the ce community with a set of maps in celebration of h2v.

kenney001
April 14th, 2007, 11:19 PM
because it is illegal to rip from the xbox. When h2v comes out we will, and ill bet a whole bunch will. just wait until then...and play this one while you wait. :)

rossmum
April 15th, 2007, 04:42 AM
i agree, just keep it an emulated halo 2 map.

btw-why dont a group of modders just take an afternoon and rip all the halo 2 maps and release them crediting only bungie?

i really like how this map is coming out, but there are a lot more halo 2 maps that could be just as cool. u dont have to do what kenney is doing, just set up the ce community with a set of maps in celebration of h2v.
Why don't a group of people take an afternoon and a hundred bucks and buy an Xbox and H2? Seriously? Or get Vista and H2V? Nobody's come close to bringing H2 across to CE properly, it's just too hard. Even if you rip and convert, loads of stuff gets lost or changed in translation.

SoulD3stroyer
April 15th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Why don't a group of people take an afternoon and a hundred bucks and buy an Xbox and H2? Seriously? Or get Vista and H2V? Nobody's come close to bringing H2 across to CE properly, it's just too hard. Even if you rip and convert, loads of stuff gets lost or changed in translation.

that should had been done years ago when knave first started to rip Halo 2 weapons, they all could of made a group and make all Halo 2 maps for halo ce. I always ask my self this question, why did they took years on making horrible Halo 2 map betas, when they could of just rip them to Halo CE, and like ImSpartacus says give all credit to bungie

Dole
April 15th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Tsk, tsk... people have ripped, converted, and played all the Halo 2 maps already, they just don't release them.
And Rossmum never said anything about crediting Bungie.

SoulD3stroyer
April 15th, 2007, 11:10 AM
what is the point on making maps and never have them released?, is it that they want people to bow for there maps, i'll just go on and play on my xbox. what is the point???
it was ImSpartacus, my bad

p0lar_bear
April 15th, 2007, 11:28 AM
that should had been done years ago when knave first started to rip Halo 2 weapons, they all could of made a group and make all Halo 2 maps for halo ce. I always ask my self this question, why did they took years on making horrible Halo 2 map betas, when they could of just rip them to Halo CE, and like ImSpartacus says give all credit to bungie

They were called Se7en Numbers, and they did just that. However, they broke up when two things happened:

1. The release of the HEK+
2. Frankie said Halo 2 rips are a no-no.

There's probqably some internal drama I don't know about or care to go in detail about.

And a Halo 2 Vista to Halo CE stock content rips would still be a no-no, not that anyone would care.

Saggy
April 15th, 2007, 11:35 AM
They were called Se7en Numbers, and they did just that. However, they broke up when two things happened:

1. The release of the HEK+
2. Frankie said Halo 2 rips are a no-no.

There's probqably some internal drama I don't know about or care to go in detail about.

And a Halo 2 Vista to Halo CE stock content rips would still be a no-no, not that anyone would care.

So Veegie was once a ripper?

Anyways, like everyone has said, this vehicle has win written all over it. But I don't think Halo CE does it much justice as Halo 2 Vista will.

EDIT: Ah damn, I thought this was the Mongoose topic.

Anyways, this map looks just like Halo 2, I could of sworen that you just took a picture of it of your Xbox but your better than that. ;)

SoulD3stroyer
April 15th, 2007, 11:41 AM

Anyways, like everyone has said, this vehicle has win written all over it. But I don't think Halo CE does it much justice as Halo 2 Vista will.

I guess Halo CE will be even more of a ghost town when Halo 2 for the PC is released, only people who are not able to run Halo 2 with Vista on their PCs are the ones who would probably still play Halo CE who knows. If you actually think about it who would actually play Halo CE when Halo 2 for the PC comes out.

Dole
April 15th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

1. what is the point on making maps and 2. never have them released?, 3. is it that they want people to bow for there maps, 4. i'll just go on and play on my xbox. 5. what is the point???
1. They didn't make them; they ripped the BSPs, re-applied the skins, put it ingame, and then played with their buddies for an afternoon. That's it.
2. They ripped them so that they could play them. Not a bunch of obscure players going under the alias "New001."
3. Umm.... no. They don't care.
4. Go ahead. If you have Halo 2, and can play the quality maps with quality content at any time, why the hell would you play an inferior strain on CE?
5. You tell me.

And in case you're wondering, there is a team currecntly putting modified Halo 2 content into CE: http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=36012

AAA
April 15th, 2007, 03:22 PM
So that's where the the rocket launcher and sword came from in that video. It's for the H2 SP Mod =O

EDIT: And that's the team that made that train station map in that gif image of Masterz getting hit by a train!!

back on topic...I think remaking H2 Headlong was a great idea. Expecially if it's actually going to have successful dual wielding

kenney001
April 15th, 2007, 09:17 PM
ok anyone who has decent h2 plasma grenade explosion tags i would like them. I am in a time crunch and personally do not have time to make my own with everything else i need to do. SO im asking anyone who has the tags (specifically ones like in h2_zanzibar or CMT_coagulation_ce) I'd be very greateful. I would rip them but they are protected, and the ones i can rip are extremely ugly (such as h2_coagulation & h2_coagulation_me)

p0lar_bear
April 15th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Probably not directly. What I was saying was that Se7en Numbers worked with ripped content, trying to convert things from Halo 2 to Halo CE.

And ripping in itself isn't a bad thing; it's a good way to learn how something is set up. However, if you're ripping, and selling/taking credit for the content, you should be e-slapped.

ok anyone who has decent h2 plasma grenade explosion tags i would like them.
What's wrong with the default explosion effect? You don't need to customize every little thing. :)

kenney001
April 15th, 2007, 09:36 PM
yes. i dispise the halo1 gernades. And almost everything is h2 in the level already.

and does anyone here know how to add a background sound? Ive done it through sapien like i would with fog, with the palletes and clusters yada yada, and i open my bsp in gurilla and made sure that all of my clusters had the specified sound_looping applied to them ,but in-game still nothing. and the sound works, because i applied it to a sound_scenery, and it plays in-game, but the sound scenery isnt enough to cover the whole level.

bfett9
April 15th, 2007, 10:13 PM
In my opinion looks pretty good if your ready why dont you release a beta version of the map out now so that we can try it out and give you some feedback.

kenney001
April 15th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I still have to fix some stuff. The HUD is almost complete, i need to add the palm trees, make another animation for the magnum, fix the banshee sounds, and add some glass. AND F&&$%$ing get the freaking background sounds to do something!!!! lol.

Sunray
April 16th, 2007, 10:43 AM
So are you actually going to include the duel weilding script? You said before that you would do if you had time, but it was not mentioned above. Does this mean that it is done, or not being included?

LinkandKvel
April 16th, 2007, 03:43 PM
yes. i dispise the halo1 gernades. And almost everything is h2 in the level already.

and does anyone here know how to add a background sound? Ive done it through sapien like i would with fog, with the palletes and clusters yada yada, and i open my bsp in gurilla and made sure that all of my clusters had the specified sound_looping applied to them ,but in-game still nothing. and the sound works, because i applied it to a sound_scenery, and it plays in-game, but the sound scenery isnt enough to cover the whole level.

If you give me the proper tags I could fix it for you, but you might not trust me. Not saying i'm untrustworthy, just saying you really dont know me that well.

kenney001
April 16th, 2007, 04:38 PM
whats your xfire?

Hurrvish
April 16th, 2007, 04:43 PM
And in case you're wondering, there is a team currently putting modified Halo 2 content into CE: http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=36012

that teams like... dead

Dole
April 16th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Idk, in the past they've gone much longer than a month without any updates.

Snowy
April 16th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Idk, in the past they've gone much longer than a month without any updates.

That thread you linked is dated: Feb 18, 2006

CtrlAltDestroy
April 16th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Far from it. We have something special planned for today.

mech
April 16th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Aww you <3

kenney001
April 17th, 2007, 05:37 PM
update:

This is a small low quality fraps video of it so far.

Headlong_movie (http://dodownload.filefront.com/7268451//5162e857078ae6666d04e6af2272f814ebc58e8da652b2145d dd68f77fa80cf247ff82581228e103)

Known issues:
-the palm-tree boxes are red at angles (working on this one)
-theres a flame thrower (forgot)
-the magnum has no throw grenade animation
-I have a mac10 (another project not included in final build)
-the red texture in that one room is hideous (finxing it)
-the AI (weapon testing)
-some of the HUD is off

and for those of you who were bugging me about it:
Anothermovie (http://files.filefront.com/ladder2wmv/;7268530;;/fileinfo.html)

(+rep me) lol

megaxp
April 17th, 2007, 06:12 PM
awww post a map! :)

kenney001
April 17th, 2007, 06:14 PM
not till the dual-weilding is finished. SO hopefully by next sunday depending on outsidee scheduals. I will be posting a beta either tonight or tomarrow morning.

m13120
April 18th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Waiting for beta:protarget:

DaneO'Roo
April 18th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Far from it. We have something special planned for today.

WTF SPILL NOW ON AIM PL0x

AAA
April 19th, 2007, 12:01 AM
for real, you said it would come, don't say what you can't promise to the community, cause we expect it to be released (beta or not) at the date/day you say it will release. See what they're doing to us and the Delta Halo UI??

Killing us because we're so close to getting it, yet so freaking far >_<

Don't be like them. So, how's the Dual wield script doing?...

Pred1ator
April 19th, 2007, 12:21 AM
i hope the weapon animations are placeholders..they really need work if you are going for the exact halo 2 map

kenney001
April 19th, 2007, 12:44 AM
sorry I had some portalling trouble.

FINALLY HERE IT IS!!!! THE PUBLIC BETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
************Lower end computers beware. High GFX effects.****************

HEADLONG2_BETA.MAP (http://dodownload.filefront.com/7280671//5162e857078ae6666d04e6af2272f814ebc58e8da652b2145d dd68f77fa80cf247ff82581228e103)

here are some known issues
-the quality switch in the pause menu doesnt work (havent finished the other part yet, will work)
-some random UVW errors (oops, i will fix them)
-a small, short invisible wall in the middle of the ramp (wtf...ill fix it too)
-some of the light fixtures look like crap (will skin later)
-water has no fog (oops)
-the pistol sound is crap (this was a placeholder for when i can borrow an xbox.)

To come in Final Build
-fps enhancing Ui shader switch - You can see the switch for it set up in the pause menu,
-halo 2 style Dual-weilding (http://files.filefront.com/haloproj_0001wmv/;6868404;;/fileinfo.html) - he he he.

Please. Your C&C is welcome. +REP ME If you like this map!

I appologies for those who have epilepsy, and these bright colors make you sick. I am jsut hyped on caffine and am excited to have it finished and Its past midnight.

p0lar_bear
April 19th, 2007, 01:49 AM
for real, you said it would come, don't say what you can't promise to the community, cause we expect it to be released (beta or not) at the date/day you say it will release. See what they're doing to us and the Delta Halo UI??

Killing us because we're so close to getting it, yet so freaking far >_<

Don't be like them.

PROTIP: Take any release date set by a freelance modder or modding team with an unrefined rock of salt. We're not getting paid to make mods, we do these things with our free time, and sometimes time that's supposed to be taken up by school or work.

It's your loss if you got hyped up in the first place.

kenney001
April 19th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Yeah. I didnt expect to have to build a freaking kite for my Geometry Class. -took a while. But hey...At least I wasnt more than 24 hours late, I got it posted the same day.

EDIT* crap its past midnight, so maybe its the next day...w/e.

Snowy
April 19th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Some errors I noticed...
-When picking up the flag without a Battle Rifle, dropping the flag will result in switching to your BR and automatically firing 3 shots.
-BR has no scope zoom in/out sound
-Once zoomed in with the rocket launcher, you cannot zoom out...
-RL has an 8x zoom

I think that's all I noticed... good job with it so far! :)

Hurrvish
April 19th, 2007, 06:35 PM
2 words

bad fps
also, custom weapons would be nice >_>
otherwise, great job! i cant wait until the dual wield script is in

kenney001
April 19th, 2007, 08:13 PM
ok i know about the fps, thats why i wil be including the Fps enhancing switch that will switch your shaders with less intesne ones.

If you guys find any more, please comment

SMASH
April 19th, 2007, 10:16 PM
LOTS OF ERRORS:

Stretched vertex on shotgun's sights
Pickup icons are wrong for a couple weapons
<missing string> getting into wraith
Not bad FPS for me though

kenney001
April 19th, 2007, 10:26 PM
ok. your fps depends on your gfx card. I myself get no problems with fps @ 1280x1024 res and high everything, but im also running an XT1950gt, so yes i woulndt.

Hotrod
April 19th, 2007, 10:30 PM
The crashing sounds could be worked on as well. The vehicle sounds aren't the same as the ones in Halo 2 either. It's good though, keep it up.

SMASH
April 19th, 2007, 11:10 PM
ok. your fps depends on your gfx card. I myself get no problems with fps @ 1280x1024 res and high everything, but im also running an XT1950gt, so yes i woulndt.

That's exactly what I'm running on >.< (except the res).

Snaver
April 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM
116mb mp map file, impressive.

but yes FPS is your main problem, i was struggling to get 30fps average. Then there's the missing strings problem, but im sure you are aware of this.

kenney001
April 20th, 2007, 09:18 AM
lol. Thats before adding 15ish new weapons for the dal-weilding, and the second bsp, but with less-relfective\bumped\detailed shaders for lower end GFX cards.

DaneO'Roo
April 20th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Portals are your friend (Well mine moreso) use them wisely. Portal the fuck outta the map, for real y0

kenney001
April 20th, 2007, 10:45 AM
lol i did. Wanna see?

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/portal.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/portal2.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/portal3.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/portal4.jpg

TeeKup
April 20th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Sweet jesus. o_o;

Pred1ator
April 20th, 2007, 04:31 PM
O_O wow thats a lot of..lines

IPBJT!
April 20th, 2007, 05:17 PM
The problem isn't the portals its the dynamic lights. Too many of them in the map from what i've seen. Switch them from dynamic to radiosity or something like that.

Hotrod
April 20th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I'm getting pretty god FPS with this map, and I have everything set up on high with my resolution set to 1024x768, and I have a ATI Sapphire Radeon 9600 PRO.

-£§- §age
April 20th, 2007, 08:12 PM
NIIICE!!!
I get terrible FPS, but I'm sure you'll fix this.

Also, I dunno if you noticed, but when getting into the Wraith, you just slide right through it's geometry...

No dual wield in your beta =(
But no prob, take your time.

Good job so far!

demonmaster3k
April 20th, 2007, 08:15 PM
looks like it might be a high-poly project (high poly- good for scematics, bad for gameplay)

hi all

kenney001
April 20th, 2007, 10:18 PM
actually its very low-poly for the detail amount. Its just the my love for shader beautification that got it. I made it for higher-end GFX cards, and As i said there will be a switch for lower ones, or jsut turn texture res and qualities down.

And hot-rod: I have that chip in my old pc, and I too can run at 1024x768 fine on it. :)
And yes i used many dynamic lights, almost every one is. But that I have planned to fix on the next one. I used dynamic for light testing so i dont have to keep running radiosity, because my comp runs fine at 1280x1024 with them.

Also, I need to speak with the leader of ZTeam about the use of the magnum, because it not only looks awsome but is well animated. I would do them myself (as you can see in the beta my good but not accurate animations), but I still have to finish my script, the bugs in teh beta, and all of the weapon combos for the script before H2V or my goal of May 1st. I will not only protect all beta's and builds, but The real deal comes out in jsut a couple weeks, so by then they will be useless anyway. I Am still up for anyone who has decent frag and plasma nade tags.

kenney001
May 5th, 2007, 12:38 PM
this is a relevant bump and double-post. So sorry admins, but i didnt want to start another topic.

THE DUAL WEILD SCRIPT IS FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is how you use it:
If you have a dual-weildable weapon out, and you are standing next to another dual-weildable weapon, you can either press zoom to dual it or action to swap.
once you have the set, you can't switch weapons or enter vehicles until you drop the second dual by pressing action again.
If you have a combo, you can stand on another dual-weapon and swap the second for the new second you are standing by.
Major Problems include (these are unavoidable)
Once you have a dual, and you switch back to single, your ammo counts and grenade counts are reset to default (as if you jsut picked it up)
when you drop the second gun, it dissapears.
You can only pick up the second where they spawn
when you die, you do not drop any weapons if you had a dual combo.
Plasma pistol is un-dualable
(this is due to bungies use of BOTH triggers in one weapon, so when you fire it fires primary, but when you overcharge it automatically switches to secondary fire, thus not allowing a secondary gun.)the issues are unavoidable, but you dont really notice them when playing. It works better than you'd think. :)

This is individual per-player, so its multiplayer compatable. (this meant 16 different scripts)

I should have this out before the end of the weekend, and hopefully another beta before tonight.

****EDIT**************
read a few posts down.

CtrlAltDestroy
May 5th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Does it synchronize?

LinkandKvel
May 5th, 2007, 12:48 PM
this is a relevant bump and double-post. So sorry admins, but i didnt want to start another topic.

THE DUAL WEILD SCRIPT IS FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is how you use it:
If you have a dual-weildable weapon out, and you are standing next to another dual-weildable weapon, you can either press zoom to dual it or action to swap.
once you have the set, you can't switch weapons or enter vehicles until you drop the second dual by pressing action again.
If you have a combo, you can stand on another dual-weapon and swap the second for the new second you are standing by.
Major Problems include (these are unavoidable)
Once you have a dual, and you switch back to single, your ammo counts and grenade counts are reset to default (as if you jsut picked it up)
when you drop the second gun, it dissapears.
You can only pick up the second where they spawn
when you die, you do not drop any weapons if you had a dual combo.
Plasma pistol is un-dualable
(this is due to bungies use of BOTH triggers in one weapon, so when you fire it fires primary, but when you overcharge it automatically switches to secondary fire, thus not allowing a secondary gun.)the issues are unavoidable, but you dont really notice them when playing. It works better than you'd think. :)

This is individual per-player, so its multiplayer compatable. (this meant 16 different scripts)

I should have this out before the end of the weekend, and hopefully another beta before tonight.
NICE!
Remember all of you who said it wasn't possible? Kenney proved us wrong!

kenney001
May 5th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Im sorry to all...I have just run tests and i cannot get it to sync over network play, so i am releasing the script to everyone, and maybe someone could get it working (external app mb?) The problem lies with player_add_equipment not being recognized by the server, which is the basis of my script. It works wonders on single player and single-personed network play, maybe slap some ai in a level and use it?

download (http://dodownload.filefront.com/7437890//5162e857078ae6666d04e6af2272f814ebc58e8da652b2145d dd68f77fa80cf247ff82581228e103)

the zip comes with 2. Duals2.hsc being my attempt at multiplayer, and the other is for single-personed only.

again, i appologise, but maybe someone out there can make it work. I only have to wait 4 more days for the real thing anyway.

Sunray
May 5th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Great news! Thanks. Can I just verify something with you?

Non DW weapons:
Battle rifle
H2 Sniper Rifle
Beam Rifle
Plasma Pistol
Brute shot
Rocket Launcher

DW weapons:
Magnum
SMG
Plasma Rifle
Needler

Are the sword and Covie Carbine going in?

kenney001
May 5th, 2007, 02:31 PM
you think i dont know this? lol I know which ones are dual-weildable. THe others in the script are for switching out of duals.
the sword and covie are going to be included in the level.

There is a catch. Seeing the awsome maps by Zteam and CMT recently, I am offereing both of them the complete unprotected bsp and max files if they want to include their weapons and make it an Awsome map. I am burnt out on headlong making right now, and am willing to open source to either of them. I may not finish it myself if they accept.

Con
May 5th, 2007, 02:43 PM
There is a catch. Seeing the awsome maps by Zteam and CMT recently, I am offereing both of them the complete unprotected bsp and max files if they want to include their weapons and make it an Awsome map. I am burnt out on headlong making right now, and am willing to open source to either of them. I may not finish it myself if they accept.

Zteam might, but we wont use anything ripped.

kenney001
May 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM
are you CMT? Well, I know almost all ripped of their foundation bsps for their h2 maps are ripped. The bsp im offering is 80&#37; bungie and 20% me, and i know one of tehm could use it.

Sunray
May 5th, 2007, 03:33 PM
you think i dont know this? lol I know which ones are dual-weildable. THe others in the script are for switching out of duals.
the sword and covie are going to be included in the level.I was meaning are those definately the ones that are going to be included. I just wanted to check because I don't know what weapons (non DW and DW) will be included. Mostly sword and Covie carbine I wanted to know if they were included. Clearly you know what was in your map, I was just varifying if that was the final weapon list.

kenney001
May 5th, 2007, 03:43 PM
gotcha.

Syuusuke
May 5th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Ooh working script eh, I'd like to see it in action soon =P

And conscars isn't CMT, he's part of CMT =P and besides, he's too ugly to be CMT =P /ninja run

Dole
May 5th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Even if your script doesn't work over multiplayer, it would be perfect for Zteam's H2-modded Campaign.

Choking Victim
May 5th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Even if your script doesn't work over multiplayer, it would be perfect for Zteam's H2-modded Campaign.
If we had a h1 script decompiler we would be able to use the dual wield script and pull off vehicle boarding. but prometheus (the only known program to have one) isn't released.

Con
May 5th, 2007, 04:37 PM
are you CMT? Well, I know almost all ripped of their foundation bsps for their h2 maps are ripped. The bsp im offering is 80% bungie and 20% me, and i know one of tehm could use it.
what? I'm pretty sure CMT has only done one h2 map, h2 coagulation back in the days. After the team came back again to do the SP mod, Masterz decided no ripping anymore. I wasn't part of the team back when they released h2 coag, but I'm pretty sure that coag was the only h2 map they made.

megaxp
May 5th, 2007, 11:00 PM
http://files.filefront.com/h2_headlong_v2map/;7441275;/fileinfo.html/1/1

kenney001
May 6th, 2007, 08:26 AM
BTW that is not the final build. Someone asked for a map with the script in it so there you go.

n00b1n8R
May 6th, 2007, 05:54 PM
OMIGOD!!
REP AWAY!

EDIT: please put it up as a .rar, .map's are huge :gonk:

kenney001
June 25th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Ok this topic has been slowly burrying itself into the H2v forum, and I believe its time for an update. I have been working hard recently on this project, and I am fairly pleased at the results, but that is for you to decide.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/haloce2007-06-2513-13-47-68.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/haloce2007-06-2513-23-02-71.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/haloce2007-06-2513-21-02-46.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/haloce2007-06-2513-19-30-57.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/vote1sanches/haloce2007-06-2513-54-13-89.jpg
Besides the shader work, I have also Made dynamic objects such as movable crates, and even the hanging "beam" moves like a see-saw when you walk across it. HERE IS A VID OF THAT (http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/kenney001/?action=view&current=Headlongnotdevice.flv)

Also being featured in this (and the reason that it is taking so long) is I am remaking the Halo 2 weapons to actually look good (the other ones suck), making them more balanced and halo-2 ish, and all the animations are being redone. I will have pics on that later, but you can see an older video of my weapons HERE (http://files.filefront.com/halo2weapondemowmv/;7684372;;/fileinfo.html), note: they have been greatly changed since then.

It also includes anti-aimbot protection that renders aimbotting in this level almost useless, for those of you who like to actually play fair.

As you can see it is still missing some things such as scenery and bitmaps (the ramp's are placeholders), but it is drawing nearer and nearer to completion. I hope to have ths project out in the near future...

Pooky
June 25th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Last build I played this map needed some severe cleaning up, there were a lot of holes in the map, some invisible walls where they shouldn't be, low FPS, and you didn't die when you fell into the water. What of that's been fixed?

DaaxGhost
June 25th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Pretty much everything. I beta'd :D

kenney001
June 25th, 2007, 01:57 PM
^^as Daax said. This one runs smooth (i removed all the dynamic lights that were causing the low FPS), hardly any collision errors. The killed in water is something i was actually fixing right before i updated this.

AAA
June 25th, 2007, 01:59 PM
what about the Battle Rifle's Crosshair? Is it going to be changed/fixed?

kenney001
June 25th, 2007, 02:02 PM
i am changing anything i fin that isn't halo2, so yes the BR crosshare will be one of them.

DaaxGhost
June 25th, 2007, 02:03 PM
It has been updated the Battle rifle and grenades check on his sig. You'll see what he did with some movements on halo.;)