PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Living Dead

jcap
September 1st, 2008, 12:01 AM
Fuck

Bungie.

Terin
September 1st, 2008, 12:03 AM
CMON BUNGLE YOU GOTTA DEDICATE A 20 MAN TEAM TO PERFECT A FOR-FUN GAMETYPE GRR. D:<

Why so serious? I had fun.

Rentafence
September 1st, 2008, 12:05 AM
Basically what Jcap said.

The_Wraith
September 1st, 2008, 12:26 AM
Just played a few games. It was really shitty. The game didn't even end when there was one guy left...just ended in rounds. I didn't even understand how you could screw up a Zombie game type. Also, if you were even the least bit smart you would never turn into a zombie. Shotguns and pistols and they don't even have shields? I only ever got hit once when I was afk texting.

jcap
September 1st, 2008, 12:32 AM
and absolutely no special abilities for the zombies

So pretty much it's one-sided. If you're on the other side, then you're screwed.

Bastinka
September 1st, 2008, 12:34 AM
Idgi, what's this about?

The_Wraith
September 1st, 2008, 12:43 AM
and absolutely no special abilities for the zombies

So pretty much it's one-sided. If you're on the other side, then you're screwed.I though the Zombies would have like 500% shields. The only special abilities I can tell is you run faster and jump higher, which seem to only help you die faster.

Oh and Team Killing. Fuck. That. Shit.

15 Players (Shotguns, Pistols, Nades, Shield)

VS.

1 Zombie (Swords, No Shield)

I think the only thing the Zombies have going for them are that the Players constantly team kill each other so you can camp the spawn points. I mean for fuck's sake who thought this would be a good gametype?

Con
September 1st, 2008, 12:53 AM
I played a few games and they were generally good, except teamkilling was a problem on Blackout with the fusion cores and the shotguns and large parties of fucking idiots.

p0lar_bear
September 1st, 2008, 04:24 AM
I was just thinking of bumping the thread I made last time Living Dead was in 2EXP (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9503). :lol:

Reading that old thread and playing it, I'm happy to say that the addition of the "Braaaains" gametype is just what the doctor ordered; those one-sided standoffs between human and zombie are what make the game fun imho.

However, I've recently come to the conclusion that Infection is simply not for Matchmaking. Period. Too many morons waving their cocks around for it to be fun. Seriously, I was stuck in a fucking 10 minute long match because one cocksucker on the human side decided to teamkill everyone in sight, and then grenade himself upon spawn EVERY. FUCKING. TIME. when he was the last man standing.

Also, I like the whole survival aspect of gameplay in Infection, and I really think that dimension of gameplay needs to be emphasized more. Right now it's nothing like you're a ragtag group of people who need to hold together the best you can to make a last stand and survive the assault of the undead, it's just yet another fucking version of Slayer. Winners shouldn't be based on solely who can kill the most zombies, it should be also tied into who lived the longest. Try scoring the Human team based on time, with a 1-second bonus for every kill you make or something.

thehoodedsmack
September 1st, 2008, 06:21 AM
That's why I only play Infection in LANs, with a custom gametype:

Humans: 2 Frags, Shotgun, Assault Rifle, regular shields, health, and speed.
Zombies: Sword, no grenades, no shields, 200% health, 150% speed, 75% gravity, immune to headshots
Alpha Zombie: We discovered a good counter-measure to the first zombie never getting any kills; same stats as a regular zombie, but added "poor" camo.
Map: No infinite ammo, no nade regeneration, no weapons or grenades on map, no vehicles.

The gametype works especially well on Blackout, where the humans usually end up occupying the helipad. The lack of gravity makes it possible for the zombies to jump on from the lower walkways, and the setting can really scare the crap out of you.

Hotrod
September 1st, 2008, 09:31 AM
Infection is fun to play, if it is well played. I played a game of Creeping Death on Valhalla the other day, and it was great. Everybody played the way they were supposed to, and we all had a great time.

I even got myself a Killionaire :)

However, I also played a game of CreepingRockets (Basically Creeping Death, but Humans have Rockets and Lasers), and it was horrible. Some idiot and his guest would just Teamkill the whole game, it was horrible, especially since we couldn't boot him.

Party_Grunt
September 3rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
Braaaains on Haunted Mansion sucks. The zombies have no speed or jumping abilities, and the 2 turrets on top of the house are able to just anihilate hordes of zombies with a 5 second burst. I think Bungie blundered on the gametypes. Maps are not bad though.

Rosco
September 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM
It seems that I miss every freakin zombie weekend.

:saddowns:

But I do hope grifball is up soon. :)

Evil_Monkey
September 4th, 2008, 03:56 PM
But I do hope grifball is up soon.

So do I, grifball is awesome.

unknown v2
September 5th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Grifball is terrible.

p0lar_bear
September 5th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Grifball: another seemingly epic gametype that gets raped by elitist douchebags, glitchers (rare, though a fucking PAIN IN THE ASS when it happens), teamkillers, and network issues. :/

Rosco
September 6th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Grifball: another seemingly epic gametype that gets raped by elitist douchebags, glitchers (rare, though a fucking PAIN IN THE ASS when it happens), teamkillers, and network issues. :/

If theres a team killer on their team, if you even damage one of their players all the team kills count as your kills, which is good if your lucks against you when you need to fill up the multi kill table. :haw:

Lex1337
September 13th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Living dead is funner than 3 Ball.

Terin
September 13th, 2008, 05:06 PM
funner:gonk:

But yeah, Living Dead/Zombies is awesome in moderation.