PDA

View Full Version : Cyborg individual animations

Echo Ranger 449
September 6th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Has anyone extracted every 3rd person cyborg animation and saved them in their compilable formats? JMO, JMT, JMA, etc... There's like 254 I think.

teh lag
September 6th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Bluestreak can do that for you.

Echo Ranger 449
September 6th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Ok...done. I was just wondering if anyone spent all the time I did getting those animations. One reason I did this was to give the cyborg melee animations that actor variants could use. It worked...sort of: they can do the melee animation when they want to, but it doesn't do any damage (yes I added a melee damage effect to the cyborg biped).

Any suggestions on how to get the damage effect working with the melee?

teh lag
September 6th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Set a keyframe index. Halo doesn't magically know when in the anim the attack is supposed to damage you.

Keyframe indices are set in the bottom of the anim tag.

Echo Ranger 449
September 6th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks a lot! I thought that the melee timing was one of those hardcoded things, but since some melee times vary, I guessed it was place somewhere during the actual animation file.

However, is the range for the melee hardcoded, or can you adjust how far out it goes?

Inferno
September 6th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you have to have a marker attached to the bipeds left hand called #melee to show where the melee damage should be created.

Advancebo
September 6th, 2008, 10:05 AM
no there is no #melee, only in the elite gbx. i think its in the biped tags. or whenever a melee animation reaches its farthest length from the base

Inferno
September 6th, 2008, 10:14 AM
K, i just always thought that's how they did the melee damage.

teh lag
September 6th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Melee damage "range" can be set in the damage effect tag.

To have the melee actually move the unit (if that's what you meant) it must be a part of the animation itsself.

I'm not sure what the purpose of #melee is, but I'd definately have it present just in case.

Echo Ranger 449
September 6th, 2008, 12:04 PM
No need.

6jUleJwnjzo&fmt=18

Please note that the default "marines" have half the melee and berserk values for the elite commander and the "major marines" are between those two values. Do not be surprised by their homicidal tendencies

Inferno
September 6th, 2008, 12:06 PM
At around 1:30 Its like a bunch of gang members beating the fuck of out of some grunts :lol:
Lol the comedy.

Echo Ranger 449
September 6th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Is anyone interested in the extracted animations?

Corvette19
September 7th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Haha, like 8 Spartans gang up on one Jackal, and beat the shit out of him!
Too funny.

Apoc4lypse
September 7th, 2008, 03:23 PM
heh neat idea, make them melee. As for the animations I'm sure someone could find a use for them. It'd be easier than extracting them all again, I haven't animated anything in a long time tho...

DarkHalo003
September 7th, 2008, 03:42 PM
That last video was hysterical at the end. Good Job so far.