PDA

View Full Version : Okay, what is it with the brutal attacks on public transporation passengers lately?

ExAm
September 10th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Man flies into rage, bludgeons random passenger with hammer for five minutes. (http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20080909_Psycho_hammers_subway_passenger.html) Crowd of 10 plus does nothing. Man attempts to force passenger onto tracks, then leaves with small boy in tow. Passenger staggers back onto train, severely wounded. No one tries to help.

Psycho hammers subway passenger

By DAVID GAMBACORTA
Philadelphia Daily News
gambacd@phillynews.com 215-854-5994
As the SEPTA subway train rocked forward, a thirty-something guy leaned over near the doorway and gently planted a kiss on the little boy at his side. When the train neared the Fairmount Avenue stop shortly after midnight on Thursday, the man reached out like an adoring parent and directed the 3- or 4-year-old tyke to an open seat.
Then he flew into a monstrous rage.
Without uttering a word, police said, the unidentified man whipped out a double-claw hammer and began bludgeoning a 20-year-old man who was dozing off in his seat.
For five long minutes, SEPTA surveillance cameras captured the deranged attacker - who was still on the loose late last night- digging his hammer into the man's head and neck.
Through it all, disgusted investigators said, at least 10 passengers stood by and did nothing as the random attack moved from the train to the platform, when the hammer-wielding maniac tried to push his victim down onto the train tracks.
When the beating was finished and the suspect fled with the little boy, the victim staggered back onto the train, bloodied, confused and alone, said Detective Kenneth Roach, of Central Detectives.
And even then, no one tried to help him.
"Somebody should have helped this guy," Roach said. "I understand the [other] guy had a hammer, but they outnumbered him at least 10 to one."
Miraculously, the victim took the subway up to Temple University Hospital, received several staples and sutures and was discharged, Roach said.
The motive remains a mystery.
"I'm baffled," Roach said. "He had no reason to do that. It was unprovoked. The victim was just going home from work, minding his own business, listening to his iPod."
Roach said that the victim, whose name was not released, boarded the subway at City Hall.
The attacker - a bearded, stocky, 5-foot-9-inch black man who wore a yellow shirt and black pants - also got on at City Hall, with a youngster who may or may not be his child.
The victim and the hammer-toting psychopath never exchanged a word or a glance, Roach said.
"According to the victim, there was no contact or verbal discussion," he said. "They didn't even notice each other."
The hammer was hidden in a black-and-yellow book bag that the attacker clutched throughout the short subway ride.
The little boy dashed off the train with the other passengers during the brutal beat-down, but was later seen running back on to recover the book bag. The boy and the suspect are seen on camera leaving together.
Roach described the attacker as "very dangerous" and asked anyone who knows him to contact police at 215-686-3093 or -3094. *What the fuck?

n00b1n8R
September 10th, 2008, 06:34 AM
I love you america.
Truly a beacon of hope to the world.

I feel sick to be a human right now.

Bodzilla
September 10th, 2008, 06:49 AM
then be a space marine instead.

ANGER.

ima_from_America
September 10th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Everyone should exercise their second amendment and busta cap in dis mofo.

StankBacon
September 10th, 2008, 07:08 AM
fucking cowards to do nothing.

hurf ill just sit and pretend nothing is happening..... fucking pussies.

Roostervier
September 10th, 2008, 07:27 AM
fucking cowards to do nothing.

hurf ill just sit and pretend nothing is happening..... fucking pussies.
This. Also, don't forget it was Canada last time, n00b. >: |

Pooky
September 10th, 2008, 07:56 AM
It's the evil oil companies paying these people to make public transportation appear unsafe so they'll buy more gas :tinfoil:

Time to get Captain Planet! :haw:

teh lag
September 10th, 2008, 01:53 PM
What the FUCK.

It's a TRAIN with 10 OTHER PEOPLE and a guy with a HAMMER. Not a gun, not a knife. A fucking hammer. Not a sledgehammer even, just a normal hammer. The guy didn't even die from being hit for 5 minutes by it.

HOW did nobody try to take him down?

Peterljr888
September 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I'm assuming that since he took the subway up to Temple by himself, no one took the courage to call 911 about it either. WOW.

Also I live right outside of Philly so it doesn't surprise me that there was a violent attack after midnight. Plus, Philly's known for its high homicide rates on black people. There's probably at least one homicide every other day on the news anyway.

Hotrod
September 10th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Ok, what the fuck? He's hitting a guy with a hammer, and the other people just sit there and watch him do it? I mean, a knife is one thing, but a hammer is completely different, slow, and now easy to use as a finesse weapon. They could have easily just grabbed him, and stop him. It sickens me, ever more so that they didn't even try to help him, and see if he would be alright once the attacker left.

*sigh*humanity...fucking selfish race we are (not all of us though)

Corndogman
September 10th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Wow, that is creepy as hell to me. Picture a man walking in with a little boy, he gently kisses the boy, then gets up and beats the shit out of a guy with a hammer as people sit and watch. Then he gets up and walks out, holding the little boys hand, as the little boy just stares. Sounds like something out of a movie.

Also, didn't we already go through the reason why nobody helped in the other thread? some fancy medical term for it? cba to look it up right now.

Bodzilla
September 10th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Ok, what the fuck? He's hitting a guy with a hammer, and the other people just sit there and watch him do it? I mean, a knife is one thing, but a hammer is completely different, slow, and now easy to use as a finesse weapon. They could have easily just grabbed him, and stop him. It sickens me, ever more so that they didn't even try to help him, and see if he would be alright once the attacker left.

i agree. i dont blame the passengers in canada, but this is completely different. a hammer is a joke of a weapon.

Tweek
September 10th, 2008, 04:20 PM
lol

NuggetWarmer
September 10th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Seriously, what the fuck.

DrunkenSamus
September 10th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Way to fail, society :/

Pooky
September 10th, 2008, 07:05 PM

Yeah... at least these guys aren't :downs:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/299/ultramarinesiy8.jpg

n00b1n8R
September 10th, 2008, 07:39 PM
then be a space marine instead.

ANGER.
But their still human. :downs:

The last guy had a knife. This guy just had a fucking hammer.
Also their both on the continent of north america. :colbert:

Sargent_Hawk
September 10th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Why must there be so many retarded people out there? I mean you see someone attacking someone with a hammer, wadda' you do? You should try and stop the guy, but instead they just watch like it's nothing...
Theyr moms must be pretty proud, that they have mental problems.

Zeph
September 10th, 2008, 07:46 PM
If this were coordinated, it'd be terrorism.

Huero
September 10th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Does "planned" count as "coordinated"?
I mean, he walked on a train with a fucking hammer.
He was obviously planning on doing it, whether sane or not.

Corndogman
September 10th, 2008, 09:26 PM
What do you mean? I carry a hammer with me every where I go...

Chainsy
September 10th, 2008, 09:59 PM
I find it odd because:
1. Both of them used public transportatio.n
2. In both attacks, the victims never exchanged a word with their attacker.
3. Both of the victims were young men.
4. Both had dozed off and were listening to their ipod.
5. Both attacks were in full public view, with no help coming from the public.
6. Both attackers seemed to have been in normal condition until right when they were near the victims.
7. In both cases, the victim and attacker boarded the transportation near the same time.
8. In both cases, the attacker was in contact with someone nearby (i.e. the boy for the man with hammer, the girl at the rest stop with the guy with the knife)

Odd that so many variables are the same, no?

Kalub
September 10th, 2008, 10:03 PM
The government is brainwashing people, like they did in the old days.

:tinfoil:

The_Wraith
September 10th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Probably just a repeat. You'd be surprised at the amount of crimes that happen just imitating another crime to gain notoriety.

Kalub
September 10th, 2008, 10:09 PM

mech
September 10th, 2008, 10:25 PM
http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/829/20115913.JPG or http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2395/1578329554_a92301c81c_o.png

DrunkenSamus
September 10th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Dude...this is just what Espera said in Generation Kill "I'm gonna write a book and call it "Nobody Gives a Fuck". You see a guy stealing a car in Downtown Los Angeles and nobody does anything about it because No one gives a fuck.

Kalub
September 10th, 2008, 10:59 PM

TeeKup
September 10th, 2008, 11:03 PM
We get it. :v:

Corgy
September 11th, 2008, 12:58 PM
~*AlL yOu PuPpEtZ wOuLd HaVe DoNe ThE sAmE... iT iZ mY WiLl*~

ExAm
September 11th, 2008, 03:13 PM
~*WhAt ThE fUcK iZ wRoNg WiTh CoRgY!?*~

SnaFuBAR
September 11th, 2008, 03:20 PM
~*hE jUSt bEEn tUGGInG tOO MAnY StrInGS If YOU GEt WhAt I'M SAYInG*~

Sel
September 11th, 2008, 04:58 PM

Also don't forget that the Canadian one was atleast competent in the murdering, and the people on the bus actually responded, due to not being brain dead.

It's only natural that the American counterpart murder would be done badly :downs:

Terry
September 11th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Why must there be so many retarded people out there? I mean you see someone attacking someone with a hammer, wadda' you do? You should try and stop the guy, but instead they just watch like it's nothing...
Theyr moms must be pretty proud, that they have mental problems.

Maybe it was a case of bystander apathy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect).

It's really easy to say you would do something in a situation when you're sitting in your computer room reading an article. But when you're out there, its not anything like that. Unless you were trained against this way of thinking (for example being in the military) you would have probably sat like the people on the subway and do nothing.

No, I'm not assuming you are a coward, I'm assuming that you're common.
Sorry, but it's ludicrous to think that a subway full of people didn't have a single person who wanted to do something and could have.

n00b1n8R
September 11th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Also don't forget that the Canadian one was atleast competent in the murdering, and the people on the bus actually responded, due to not being brain dead.

It's only natural that the American counterpart murder would be done badly :downs:
:supaburn:

Roostervier
September 11th, 2008, 08:49 PM

Oh, so running away from the bus counts as doing something, I see. The only other thing that happened that you could have been possibly hinting to was the bus driver's re-entry onto the bus to see what was happening. As I recall, the passengers didn't do shit but cower in fear.

Also, you're proud that a Canadian stabbed someone 50+ times and then cut his head off? That's fucking suck, no matter how you look at it.

Aside from all that, you and n00b both missed the point. My post was simply an attempt at keeping that "only in America" shit out of the thread.

Kalub
September 11th, 2008, 08:58 PM

We dont get it. :v:

ftfy

The_Wraith
September 11th, 2008, 09:04 PM

ftfyThe government is brainwashing people, like they did in the old days. :tinfoil:

Am I doin it rite?

Bodzilla
September 11th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Maybe it was a case of bystander apathy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect).

It's really easy to say you would do something in a situation when you're sitting in your computer room reading an article. But when you're out there, its not anything like that. Unless you were trained against this way of thinking (for example being in the military) you would have probably sat like the people on the subway and do nothing.

No, I'm not assuming you are a coward, I'm assuming that you're common.
Sorry, but it's ludicrous to think that a subway full of people didn't have a single person who wanted to do something and could have.
not me, i can understand the canadian knife attack scenario, cause that is just rediculously fucked up, and it's a fuckign knife.

a hammer is a completely different scenario and i would have stepped in and helped old bud who was getting the shit beaten out of him.

bystander effect or not i would have done something.
it's just what makes me, me.