PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'Reilly Defends Obama - PART DEUX

ExAm
September 23rd, 2008, 03:46 AM
I think this is the second time this week my head has asploded (http://www.billoreilly.com/newslettercolumn?pid=24183).

Like him or not, you have to give Barack Obama credit for waging a smart, focused campaign. Destroying the Clinton machine was a major achievement and so was putting together a successful convention in Denver. Obama is now firmly a part of U.S. history, no matter what happens in the presidential election.

The problem some Americans continue to have with the Senator is that he is long on charisma but short on detail. This frightens some voters. Who the heck is this guy, anyway? So when Obama finally agreed to speak to me this week, specifics were on my mind.

First, the man. The Barack Obama I witnessed is self-confident, determined and driven. He was acutely aware of his surroundings from the moment he entered the room. He looks you in the eye and touches your shoulder. He understands how to connect one-on-one.

As far as philosophy goes, Senator Obama is convinced that the federal government should be in control of income distribution and, to some extent, should regulate the free marketplace. That is a classic liberal position, and Obama promotes it well.
The Senator also believes that poor Americans have a basic right to free health care and monetary supplements from the government with no strings attached. The American substance abuser, for example, would derive the same benefit as a hard working, laid off worker would. Again, classic liberalism. No judgments made regarding entitlements.

So, if Barack Obama does become president, there will definitely be change. His left-wing base will demand it, and he will come through. You can decide if that's change we should believe in, but keep in mind that the unintended consequences of government interference in the marketplace are impossible to predict. Free markets have a way of chafing under government imposition.

On the foreign policy front, Obama has convinced me that he is tough but cautious. He rose up quickly because he vehemently opposed the Iraq war. But now I see a man who understands the victory that has taken place in Iraq. I don't believe he wants to screw that up. I could be wrong.

After going mano-a-mano with Obama on television, I am also persuaded that he is a sincere guy-that he wants the best for all Americans. He's an ideologue, but not a blind one. He understands that his story is incredible, and, I have come to believe, he is grateful to the American system for allowing it happen.

It is true that we don't know whether Senator Obama has the ability to solve complex problems, but you can say that about all presidential contenders.

Like most politicians, Obama has used guile and good luck to accumulate his power. He can be ruthless, kind, unfair, and generous. In short, he's a real person trying to achieve an unreal position-that of the most powerful person in the world.

God help him.

WAT.

I have to say, despite Bill-O being an idiotic bastard, he's managed to gain my grudging respect, at least in part, with this sudden realized display of the objectivity that Fox so often fraudulently claims.

SnaFuBAR
September 23rd, 2008, 03:58 AM
oh my.

Bodzilla
September 23rd, 2008, 04:12 AM
So wheres the specifics he was sposed to be touching on?

he didnt do, say or confirm anything in the interview at all, it's all about how you feel obama's presence when he enters the room, and how he touches you on the shoulder and looks deep into your eyes before bending forwards too softly caress......

i'm an obama supporter but to listen to Bill O'Reily for political imput and opinions is about as good to you as nailing a board into your head, but instead of nails, you have screws.

Nothing specific was said at all.

ExAm
September 23rd, 2008, 04:32 AM
As true as that is, it's still pretty fucking amazing.

Bodzilla
September 23rd, 2008, 05:01 AM
it's not, it's a ploy, theres no merit or substance in this touchy feely fucking dribble.

When politics is concerned the right conclusion, reached by the wrong reason is Still the wrong conclusion.

SnaFuBAR
September 23rd, 2008, 05:29 AM
You're not getting it, zilla. O'Reilly is an extreme right wing conservative who usually bashes the crap out of any libertarian/left-of-center that he can. For him to have kind words about Obama is extremely out of character for him and for him to do it is pretty much unheard of.

We're not talking about Obama's political platform, we're talking about O'reilly's choice to speak well about him, please try to understand that.

n00b1n8R
September 23rd, 2008, 05:52 AM
And what zilla is saying is that he never really said anything of substance.

It seems to be "I think Liberal is a pretty cool guy. He says good wurds and not afraid of anything".

Bodzilla
September 23rd, 2008, 06:27 AM
And what zilla is saying is that he never really said anything of substance.

It seems to be "I think Liberal is a pretty cool guy. He says good wurds and not afraid of anything".
^

Sel
September 23rd, 2008, 06:45 AM
After going mano-a-mano

wat

Mass
September 23rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
If you look at what parties Murdoch has News Corp support in foreign countries you'll realize the only thing more primary in the Fox Agenda than promoting Rupert's wacky fasco-libertarianism is making friends with the winner.

All this is not because O'Reilly has respect for the intelligent policies or strong personal values of the Democratic candidate, but because Fox is slowly building "evidence" that they've always been much closer to the center than they are now, for future use. It seems that they have already acknowledged a leftwards shift in American politics and are graduating to these positions to continue to meet their end goal, viewers and profit.

This statement is meaningless, lacking substance, and still along the same lines of thought that stupify foreigners and ruin American politics. It's all about Obama's personal qualities, and when it's not, it's more unqualified babble about the great free-market and its unquestionable power, no acknowledgement about its actual status or how Neoconservatism really treats it.

And for the record, ExAm, no one gets to a position like that who's an idiot.
A bastard, I'll grant you that.

Dwood
September 23rd, 2008, 08:44 PM
If you look at what parties Murdoch has News Corp support in foreign countries you'll realize the only thing more primary in the Fox Agenda than promoting Rupert's wacky fasco-libertarianism is making friends with the winner.

All this is not because O'Reilly has respect for the intelligent policies or strong personal values of the Democratic candidate, but because Fox is slowly building "evidence" that they've always been much closer to the center than they are now, for future use. It seems that they have already acknowledged a leftwards shift in American politics and are graduating to these positions to continue to meet their end goal, viewers and profit.

This statement is meaningless, lacking substance, and still along the same lines of thought that stupify foreigners and ruin American politics. It's all about Obama's personal qualities, and when it's not, it's more unqualified babble about the great free-market and its unquestionable power, no acknowledgement about its actual status or how Neoconservatism really treats it.

A bastard, I'll grant you that.
'

Where's the quotes?

ExAm
September 24th, 2008, 12:25 AM
A bastard, I'll grant you that.GWB.

I rest my case.

Kornman00
September 25th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Bill's Web site hacked (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26870105/)

In a Fox News clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCSaF4KC3eE&eurl=http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1950) circulating on YouTube, O’Reilly spoke out against the leak.

"I'm not going to mention the Web site that posted this, but it's one of those despicable, slimy, scummy Web sites," he said. "Everybody knows where this stuff is, OK, and they know the people who run the Web site, so why can't they go there tonight to the guy's house who runs it, put him in cuffs and take him down and book him?"

In an announcement reporting the O’Reilly leak, Wikileaks stated on its site (http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Conservative_commentator_Bill_O%27Reilly%27s_websi te_hacked), “It's evident from the remark that no one bothered to tell O'Reilly that Wikileaks is a multi-national, bulletproof organization that has successfully withstood serious take-down efforts before.”

:lol:, why can't we do the EXACT same thing to you? Jesus that was such an stupid comment, and this guy thinks hes a reporter? Oh right, a fox reporter, thats a difference race in their own.

:hist101:

Bodzilla
September 25th, 2008, 06:30 AM
i wouldnt say race KM, more of a different kind of species.