PDA

View Full Version : Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

FRain
September 24th, 2008, 10:06 AM
We're gonna get nuked by North Korea. (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601080&sid=aFEJKKcsVVCI&refer=asia)

Discuss.

Corgy
September 24th, 2008, 10:12 AM
shit-stirring nations :bow:

Patrickssj6
September 24th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Strange how they only hate you...must be because you have around 5500 nukes yourself

Bold: rossmum fix...edit: teekie fix

rossmum
September 24th, 2008, 12:00 PM
100?

Israel has 200, and the US is both larger and more into nukes. I can't remember the exact number but I seem to recall the figure being in the thousands, possibly tens of.

e/ and for fuck's sake if I want overhype and fearmongering I'll watch Fox on Youtube, I don't want to see it on these forums

Patrickssj6
September 24th, 2008, 12:14 PM
e/ and for fuck's sake if I want overhype and fearmongering I'll watch Fox on Youtube, I don't want to see it on these forums
Fixed and I agree.

I might say, you are only in a position to complain if you do that exact thing better than the one you complain about. In this case...you are not really in that position.

Think for yourselves...don't associate North Korea immediately with something terrible. If Ireland would have build an atomic bomb you wouldn't have cared.

Zeph
September 24th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I dont blame them with the way we treat and lie to them.

CN3089
September 24th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Strange how they only hate you...must be because you have around 1000 nukes yourself

Bold: rossmum fix

Think for yourselves...don't associate North Korea immediately with something terrible. If Ireland would have build an atomic bomb you wouldn't have cared.

Are you seriously that ignorant?

TeeKup
September 24th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Strange how they only hate you...must be because you have around 1000 nukes yourself

Bold: rossmum fix

Pretty sure we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,500 nuclear arms.

Patrickssj6
September 24th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Are you seriously that ignorant? http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-psyduck.gif
Sorry but I see a much bigger contradiction...which is applying to you.

Has North Korea ever used nukes in war? No.
Has Russia...? No.
Weapons of Mass Destruction...in Iraq? No.

See...I don't know if you are to ignorant or incapable in putting yourself into the position of either of those countries...but maybe you didn't get my point.

What does America give the rights to own atomic weapons and what gives them the rights to force other countries to dismantle theirs?

TeeKup
September 24th, 2008, 02:14 PM
What does America give the rights to own atomic weapons and what gives them the rights to force other countries to dismantle theirs?

Because we're America............:awesome:

Tweek
September 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM

something about this just made me angry inside about some certain stupidity.

DOMINATOR
September 24th, 2008, 02:49 PM
why? it's a valid question. who died and made America God?

Needles
September 24th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I don't see much wrong as long as they don't use them in wars and fights.

Sel
September 24th, 2008, 03:11 PM
lol nukes

ultama121
September 24th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Nuclear weapons? :o

Meh, it'll all be fine if we duck and cover. :downs:

DaneO'Roo
September 24th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Fact is America is our big brother now. He's our project manager and without him, our world would be pretty much rampant.

We all kind of need boundaries, and I guess America really is the world police.

The only reason they have 5500 nukes is because "it's a bigger number than theirs" to keep everyone in line. Korea won't do shit. If they did, they're entire country would be completely removed from the face of the earth.

Plus, I feel a bit more comfortable if when Alienzzzz strike, we've at least got something to fight them with.

Someone has to take some responsibility sometimes.

Sel
September 24th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Those desks are made of radioactivity and nuke proof titanium!

TeeKup
September 24th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Fact is America is our big brother now. He's our project manager and without him, our world would be pretty much rampant.

We all kind of need boundaries, and I guess America really is the world police.

The only reason they have 5500 nukes is because "it's a bigger number than theirs" to keep everyone in line. Korea won't do shit. If they did, they're entire country would be completely removed from the face of the earth.

Plus, I feel a bit more comfortable if when Alienzzzz strike, we've at least got something to fight them with.

Someone has to take some responsibility sometimes.

So were the :awesome: big brother but we're also the buffer for when things take a turn down shits creek?

AMERICA FUCK YEAH.

Heathen
September 24th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Pssh. If Harrison Ford can hide in an icebox and survive, what are we afraid of?

n00b1n8R
September 24th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Because we're America, FUCK YEAH............:awesome:
ftfy

FRain
September 24th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Eh, I also figured it was a political stunt pulled by Korea to get our attention as well. We have over 2,000 nukes ready to go atm, and over 10-20,000 in stockpiles.

dg
September 24th, 2008, 09:45 PM
...and it's still Korea. Who the fuck cares?

If anything were to happen to anyone else, they'd be completely fucked. The end.

TeeKup
September 24th, 2008, 10:01 PM
North Korea is a virtually bankrupt nation. They have no exports or imports except for those with China, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. When the Soviet Union was dissolved they basically lost their life line. I highly doubt North Korea would dare start a war despite the amount of soldiers they have. Even in America's "hindered" state I do believe we could crush them underfoot.

rossmum
September 24th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Don't underestimate them. There are a lot of them, they're tough as nails, and although their leadership is not great and their equipment is outdated, it's still Russian gear meaning two things: one, it does not break, and two, it does exactly the same as your stuff but with less fancy modern shite. The US military is already stretched far too thin, a war with NK would be the final straw.

TeeKup
September 24th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Don't underestimate them. There are a lot of them, they're tough as nails, and although their leadership is not great and their equipment is outdated, it's still Russian gear meaning two things: one, it does not break, and two, it does exactly the same as your stuff but with less fancy modern shite. The US military is already stretched far too thin, a war with NK would be the final straw.

Very true, I was about to edit my post saying that we shouldn't. >_>

Apoc4lypse
September 24th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I dont blame them with the way we treat and lie to them.

not to mention were freakin hypocrites for possessing the worlds largest nuclear arsenal...

"You can't make nukes.... only we can.... cuz were the US..."

My gov really makes me wonder what the hell is going on inside there heads.

I understand its all based on fear, but seriously, the world needs to come to a mutual agreement to just completely disarm ourselves when it comes to nuclear weapons. Otherwise the odds of this planet being destroyed by freakin nukes before anything else is like 99.999999 %.

Its not a matter of IF, its really just a matter of When it will happen.

Tbh tho... theres higher odds that something will happen due to oil shortages and a nuclear exchange between the US and China is much more likely than North Korea doing much of anything.

Why? Because if they do launch anything they know that they'd probably be the first ones blown off the map, not to mention our arsenal would be way bigger than theres, so its like... why bother, unless of course your a mad man and want to end the world with the push of a button.

Which leads to why we have such a huge stock pile, but such reasoning is completely cynical, we stockpile these weapons because we think it will happen one day and we don't wanna be left out having none for our selves.

Its sort of like kids playing with fireworks locked in a small closet... each kid wants to be able to set off there own, even if it means they'll probably get blown up.

Its retarded...

Con
September 25th, 2008, 12:14 AM
this planet being destroyed by freakin nukes
no

Random
September 25th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Its sort of like kids playing with fireworks locked in a small closet... each kid wants to be able to set off there own, even if it means they'll probably get blown up.

Its retarded...

I'm sorry but that is an awful analogy. Any country that is well established and content in its power has no reason nor need to set off a nuke. It is to their advantage that the world remains the same.

Apoc4lypse
September 25th, 2008, 12:36 AM
:tinfoil:

CN3089
September 25th, 2008, 01:39 AM

why? it's a valid question. who died and made America God?

not to mention were freakin hypocrites for possessing the worlds largest nuclear arsenal...

"You can't make nukes.... only we can.... cuz were the US..."

Its retarded...

Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/gf-cripes.gif
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_Non-Proliferation_Treaty)

The_Wraith
September 25th, 2008, 02:24 AM
N. Korea will never do shit. Just some stupid political elbowing by a stupid leader that thinks that shit still works incredibly good like in the good old days of the Cold war. Probably vying for Russia's attention.

legionaire45
September 25th, 2008, 02:47 AM
The problem with North Korea having nukes is the fact that they are North Korea. North Korea still isn't particularly happy with South Korea. South Korea is our friend. While North Korea isn't exactly buddy buddy with China, they still have relations. The last thing the world needs right now is instability in the Pacific - look at what instability has done to the price of oil in the middle east. The US still gets most of it's cheap shitty products from China and we owe them lots of money. Since we basically buy all of the cheap crap produced around the world, most of the world is dependent upon us being there to buy stuff. I'm sure that a small nuclear war wouldn't exactly be very helpful for the US right now given our economy and our current military strain. Sure, we could nuke North Korea back to the stone age easily, but Korea is awfully close to China...

Please also take into account the fact that China has a bigger military then us. Realize that if China drafted all their available citizens into their military they would outnumber us something like 6 to 1 (assuming we did the same thing). They also have something like 200 nukes (not positive about that, but I'm pretty sure it is about the number they have), more then enough to hit all of our main population and economic centers.

Along those lines, North Korea is run by an unstable, childish and otherwise batshit insane dictator. He's left his country in ruin since the early 1990's, focusing more on his military then on keeping his own people fed. He has a fairly large army under his control and his government has been eager to "unify" the Korean peninsula since the end of the Korean War.

Besides, we are pretty much obligated to try and keep other nations from getting nukes - that's why we signed the NNPT in the 1960's.

The world doesn't need any more nukes. We already have enough to destroy our civilization many times over and it is not in the best interest of our species to have any more, especially in countries that are so unstable. It's bad enough that Iran might be working towards them, given the instability of the region and the fact that they generally hate our guts. But if Korea develops a nuclear arsenal and the technology to send those missiles to South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, anywhere in that region, then all of humanity is put at risk.

And btw, to all of those making comments about the US being the only country to use nukes on another nation; remember that at the time we were the only country in the world with nukes. Yes, dropping those bombs was a terrible thing to do but even more lives would have been lost on both sides if the invasion of mainland Japan had gone through. Basically, think close to a million dead combatants and countless millions of civilians versus a few hundred thousand dead with the bombs. Millions versus thousands. Seems like a decent trade off to me.

SnaFuBAR
September 25th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Guess some people don't know that Japan was ready and able to drop biological weapons on the US prior to us nuking them.

rossmum
September 25th, 2008, 03:56 AM
I suppose they also think American scientists were the ones to discover the value of anthrax as a biological weapon :downs:

Both Japan and Germany were mere weeks away from being able to bomb the mainland US, and not with conventional explosives, either.

FRain
September 25th, 2008, 08:21 AM
shortages and a nuclear exchange between the US and China

Yes, and no.

China has already agreed that it will not start a nuclear war. Unless, you of course mean we nuke them first, then they nuke back. In which case, yeah.

E: Usage mistake, and also:

If we get into an all-out nuclear war, then the Earth won't be destroyed, it just will be:

A. Uninhabitable

B. Every human being/city will pretty much be vaporized, a total of maybe 2,000 people may live.

Sigh, thank god I live in a country that has ABMs

Patrickssj6
September 25th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Well what do I care...America is going down the river anyway. Signing the 700-Billion-Save-Our-Banks-Plan is just one more step into that direction...

Guess some people don't know that Japan was ready and able to drop biological weapons on the US prior to us nuking them.

If Genghis Khan wouldn't have fallen from his horse we all would not exist. :downs:

Apoc4lypse
September 25th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/gf-cripes.gif

Thats one of those tl;dr things.... XD

My comments were all based on what I know, I didn't research anything.

I also understand what snaf means about us nuking Japan, but that was so many years ago... so I dont see how its relevant other than the fact that it makes us the only country to ever use a Nuclear Weapon deliberately on another Country... and hopefully it will never happen again.

The fact is no one really should be alloud to own make or use Nuclear Weapons, Nuclear Technology on the other hand is an exception (Nuclear Power plants).

Why? Because Nuclear Weapons can cause so much damage that you can almost call them a Biological Weapon. They are capable of wiping out entire cities full of civilians and then some with Nuclear Contamination. They are dangerous weapons that just don't belong in the world, along with Biological Weapons.

If you don't agree with me, I dont give a damn. :eek:

E:

If Genghis Khan wouldn't have fallen from his horse we all would not exist. :downs:

And if Adam and Eve didn't.... o wait... n/m.

FRain
September 25th, 2008, 06:04 PM

NPT says that you can't trade nuclear components (plutonium, uranium, etc) to other countries without permission.

E: If you signed it, of course.

CN3089
September 25th, 2008, 07:34 PM
NPT says that you can't trade nuclear components (plutonium, uranium, etc) to other countries without permission.

E: If you signed it, of course.

That's not what it says at all (otherwise Australia, Kazakhstan and us would be in big trouble, considering we export hundreds of thousands of tonnes of uranium annually)
side note I live like right next to a uranium refinery, cool deal

The relevant part to what I was quoting is that it allows five specific nations (the permanent members of the UNSC) to possess nuclear weapons, explaining how the US aren't being hypocrites http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-ms.gif

Patrickssj6
September 27th, 2008, 08:03 AM
That's not what it says at all (otherwise Australia, Kazakhstan and us would be in big trouble, considering we export hundreds of thousands of tonnes of uranium annually) http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-psyduck.gif
side note I live like right next to a uranium refinery, cool deal

The relevant part to what I was quoting is that it allows five specific nations (the permanent members of the UNSC) to possess nuclear weapons, explaining how the US aren't being hypocrites-MYSTERYNOTSOLVED-
You are the only one who doesn't get the point.http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-psyduck.gif

Who decided that those five speicifc nations are the ones allowed to posses nuclear weapons? God, are you pretending to be so retarded or what's blinding you?

Why don't we go back in time and build up a monarchy type of voting system where every decision made by 8 fucking countries in the world while excluding over 200 is law which applies to everyone.

CN3089
September 27th, 2008, 08:09 AM
You are the only one who doesn't get the point.http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-psyduck.gif

Who decided that those five speicifc nations are the ones allowed to posses nuclear weapons? God, are you pretending to be so retarded or what's blinding you?
THE UNITED NATIONS YOU GIBBERING RETARD

p.s. nice emote you got there brosef

Why don't we go back in time and build up a monarchy type of voting system where every decision made by 8 fucking countries in the world while excluding over 200 is law which applies to everyone.

hmmm yes it's not as if 189 countries approved the NNPT - oh wait http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/gf-cripesduck.gif

Patrickssj6
September 27th, 2008, 09:58 AM
And you really think North Korea agreed to the NNPT? :rolleyes:

CN3089
September 27th, 2008, 10:29 AM

so what you're saying is that countries shouldn't be allowed to unilaterally make the rules UNLESS it's north korea then it's a-ok http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/374927153_4aae9e7e97_o.gif

p.s. they did agree to it before 2003, keep digging http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-laugh.gif

Patrickssj6
September 27th, 2008, 10:44 AM
And that's exactly your ignorance.

Maybe think for a few minutes and try to comprehend at least what I post so you don't make stupid posts like the one prior to this.

The UN prohibited the United States to infiltrate Iraq. Oh that's a hint by the way..should I clarify that by posting a few smileys for you? :neckbeard::awesome::maddowns::jibbly:

CN3089
September 27th, 2008, 11:38 AM
The UN prohibited the United States to infiltrate Iraq.
nope, it didn't (couldn't, actually, since the USA has a veto), nice try though, keep digging http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/07-19-06-munch.gif

Also, you should really F5 this page (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=306160&postcount=40), brosef

Patrickssj6
September 27th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Cool I guess. Anything else you might want to add?

Finally I can leave this place for good. :awesome:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/de.uncyclopedia/images/thumb/3/31/Amiflag.jpg/500px-Amiflag.jpg

CN3089
September 27th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Cool I guess. Anything else you might want to add?

That you don't know anything about world politics and should probably leave this thread with what remains of your reputation? hth? http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/awesomegrin.gif

Patrickssj6
September 27th, 2008, 11:51 AM
That you don't know anything about world politics and should probably leave this thread with what remains of your reputation? hth? http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/awesomegrin.gif
hth? You need more F5

FRain
September 27th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Hey, play nice guys, Patrick asked me to lock this thread but can we stay off pro/anti-politics-bashing around here. I like discussing politics but when it turns into an argument I can't be arsed to keep it going.

Phopojijo
September 27th, 2008, 11:53 AM
We're gonna get nuked by North Korea. (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601080&sid=aFEJKKcsVVCI&refer=asia)

Discuss.Right before an election... right on schedule : D

Phopojijo
September 27th, 2008, 11:56 AM
N. Korea will never do shit. Just some stupid political elbowing by a stupid leader that thinks that shit still works incredibly good like in the good old days of the Cold war. Probably vying for Russia's attention.Because the US never actually did stupid shit based on the assumption that shit still works incredibly good like in the good old days of the Cold war...

rossmum
September 27th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Hey, play nice guys, Patrick asked me to lock this thread but can we stay off pro/anti-politics-bashing around here. I like discussing politics but when it turns into an argument I can't be arsed to keep it going.
Too bad he's not a moderator so really he has no right to try and tell others what to do with their threads :raise:

hth? You need more F5
You should really learn what something means before you try and use it to look witty, hope this helps

I dunno about you but I really don't see the merit in making sure international treaties cater to the wishes of a childish despot first and everyone else second

Corgy
September 27th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Great to see my boy CN3089 beastin up in this thread

The_Wraith
September 28th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Because the US never actually did stupid shit based on the assumption that shit still works incredibly good like in the good old days of the Cold war...Where was the US in any of my post? :confused2: