PDA

View Full Version : Problem with HaloMods...

Captain Pakundo
September 25th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Over the past 24 hours, www.halomods.com (http://www.halomods.com) was completley unreacheble.

Since the last few days, this problem occurd here and there, but this time it's still a problem.
I can't get on, and I'm surprised people didn't comment about it.

Can anyone here get on HaloMods?

JunkfoodMan
September 25th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Most people here don't really care about Halomods.
Also, this kind of thing has been happening for a few months, It'll be up later.

Captain Pakundo
September 25th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Well, I do, cause there's an important PM I got and I didn't get the chance to view it...

Rentafence
September 25th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Months? Halomods has been doing that for years.

ultama121
September 25th, 2008, 05:47 PM
l2 lurk remnantmods.

http://forums.remnantmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=923

Anton
September 25th, 2008, 05:57 PM
HaloMods has done that for a few months, not years.. Ever since Grenadiac switched to a cheaper server they have been having issues.

Edit: And Hurricane.

Rentafence
September 25th, 2008, 06:22 PM
No, it's always done this. I remember back in the day that the site would be down almost every other day.

Anton
September 26th, 2008, 01:12 AM
:\ I've been a member since 04' and never encountered anything like that until they combined the user's forum and the files forum. Even after that it wasn't but once every year (for maintenance) until he switched to the cheaper server.

MetKiller Joe
September 26th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I'm annoyed like everybody else with the sporadic nature of the site, but HaloMods is no longer as active as it once used to be; I don't think there is a justification using a more expensive server.

If that one PM's worth's marginal benefit to you is greater than the marginial cost of the difference between costs of servers then go ahead and donate so that HM would get hosted on another [better] server. I would be thrilled if you did.