PDA

View Full Version : Goldeneye 007 Xbox Live Arcade

Heathen
September 25th, 2008, 10:42 PM
UNZkXnHMyIc&fmt=18

Rare's Goldeneye 007, one of the best First Person Shooters of all-time, has currently been canned for release via the Xbox LIVE Arcade on the Xbox 360 due to a disagreement between Microsoft and Nintendo on the proceeds.

Fortunately, it seems that a public outcry is all that is needed to still have this classic title see release. We, the fans, must prove to both Microsoft and Nintendo just how badly we want to see one of gaming's greatest titles re-emerge and enlighten the hearts of many of us Goldeneye/Rare fans once again.

If you truly do want to see Goldeneye re-released on the Xbox LIVE Arcade, then sign this petition. You will be playing your part in the game's future.

Sign now and let your voice be heard!
http://www.petitiononline.com/rare007/petition.html

Honestly, how much would you be willing to pay for this? Realistically speaking. I would pay the MSP equal of 30 bucks.

ultama121
September 25th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Korn posted it a while back man. :'(

I'm soo sad that it won't be realeased.

There was an article released recently calling Goldeneye XBLA a legal minefield.

Heathen
September 25th, 2008, 10:56 PM
:( So its old. Crapsidasies. I will leave open for petition sakes.

Pooky
September 25th, 2008, 10:57 PM
US licensing system sucks ass testicles. It's why we can't have awesome games like jump ultimate stars over here D: (but you can always import like I did I guess)

Con
September 25th, 2008, 11:02 PM
that guy at 1:20 has no head O_O

Heathen
September 25th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Jump Ultimate Stars?

But think, a company as market savvy as Ms, and as customer bent as Nintendo, why the hell has this been held back? A quarrel between MS and Nintendo is no reason to cancel this...

E: Saw that cons.

Pooky
September 25th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Jump Ultimate Stars?

Incredibly awesome fighting game featuring pretty much every manga/anime character to ever appear in Jump.

I don't even like Japanimation and I think this game is great, so that should tell you something.

ultama121
September 25th, 2008, 11:06 PM
I wish it was here too. ;_;

VERY MUCH SO.

Heathen
September 25th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Ah, my friend was telling me that. It was like SSB with Anime.

Pooky
September 25th, 2008, 11:08 PM
I wish it was here too. ;_;

VERY MUCH SO.
idk if you knew about it already, but if you do import the game and have a means of patching it, theres a working english patch for the game (though all it does is translate the mission objectives for single player and some random other things with horrible grammar)

Heathen
September 25th, 2008, 11:16 PM
wait...its only for DS? Bunk.

ultama121
September 25th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Video Games are one of the many reasons that I'm going to learn Japanese for.
/back on topic now

armoman92
September 25th, 2008, 11:34 PM
ak was always cheap. i would buy it if it was multiplayer, $20 maybe

ultama121
September 25th, 2008, 11:36 PM
If you're looking at what the actual price would be... try 8$. :lol:

Bodzilla
September 25th, 2008, 11:36 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/222-XBLA-Double-Bill

that is all.

LlamaMaster
September 26th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Video Games are one of the many reasons that I'm going to learn Japanese for.
/back on topic now
Your entering weeaboo country boy, watch it.

...i started to learn it like 4 years ago, but shortly after I lost interest.

ultama121
September 26th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Your entering weeaboo country boy, watch it.

Er what exactly do you mean by that?

Llama Juice
September 26th, 2008, 08:13 AM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/222-XBLA-Double-Bill

that is all.

^This.

The only redeeming factor Goldeneye has is Nostalgia, the game itself is utter trash and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to STFU and realize that they're wrong.

I think Game Informer said it best when they said "The only people who are still raving about Goldeneye are the people who haven't played it in the last ten years.

Seriously, the controls for the game are horrid, the graphics are laughable, the actual gameplay is trash, and the only reason why the game was fun back in the day was because it was the first console FPS that was successful. The fact is, however that times have changed. We've moved on.

Sure, some games can be "timeless classics" but Goldeneye ISN'T one of them. Super Mario Bros, is timeless because the gameplay is still fun today, the graphics don't look atrocious, and the controls are just as good today as they were back then.

That being said, if by some work of god this game is released... I can't wait to see all the fanboys cry when it gets a 3/10 in the ratings, and unless if they fix the core gameplay issues then I wouldn't throw $5 at it.

FRain
September 26th, 2008, 08:24 AM
It still is kinda fun to play, even if it is that bad. It's a classic for god sake.

Pooky
September 26th, 2008, 09:26 AM
^This.

The only redeeming factor Goldeneye has is Nostalgia, the game itself is utter trash and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to STFU and realize that they're wrong.

WHAT?

Don't be a damned idiotic Yahtzee fanboy.

Goldeneye might have laughable graphical and sound design, but it had those when it was new, and nobody thought less of it then. Just because a game is old, doesn't automatically make it unfun.

e: And as for your new comments on SMB, that's hilarious. By your own Yahtzee fanboy logic, SMB should be inferior because games release since then (Super Mario 3, Super Mario World) are newer and therefore better. Besides, you can't really call SMB's inability to go more than 3 feet left and horribly pixellated graphics up to current standards, can you?

thehoodedsmack
September 26th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I never liked Goldeneye. Maybe if I could download it and play it again, I'd enjoy it more. It'd probably be nice with new controls.

Heathen
September 28th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Yes, dual stick support instead of that weird bullshit.

And think of the multiplayer awesomeness.

Pooky...
IAWYP

Llama Juice
September 28th, 2008, 09:33 AM
WHAT?

Don't be a damned idiotic Yahtzee fanboy.

Just because I agree with one of Yahtzee's points doesn't make me a Yahtzee fanboy. Jump to whatever conclusions you want, but it made me say "lolwtf" when you said that because I've seen like three of his videos. I'm sure if you watch one you'll agree with SOMETHING that he says... which then automatically makes you an instant Yahtzee fanboy, rather than a person who's capeable of his own thought process.

By your logic, Heathen is a Pooky fanboy.

Goldeneye might have laughable graphical and sound design, but it had those when it was new, and nobody thought less of it then. Just because a game is old, doesn't automatically make it unfun.

I said that the game wasn't fun anymore because the controls were trash, then I repeated that in different wording twards the end to push that again so that people wouldn't get confused.

Sure, some games can be "timeless classics" but Goldeneye ISN'T one of them. Super Mario Bros, is timeless because the gameplay is still fun today, the graphics don't look atrocious, and the controls are just as good today as they were back then.

When the game is a struggle to maneuver because of the shitty controls it makes the game lose it's appeal.

e: And as for your new comments on SMB, that's hilarious. By your own Yahtzee fanboy logic, SMB should be inferior because games release since then (Super Mario 3, Super Mario World) are newer and therefore better.

Wrong, the gameplay and controlls are basically the same. The older games don't lose their ability to be played because of some drastic gameplay alteration.

Besides, you can't really call SMB's inability to go more than 3 feet left

No, but things change over time. The fact that they made it possible to go left in the newer ones still barely changes the gameplay, but it changed it for a good reason. In the newer games the level design made it so going left is neccesssary, you don't ever need to go left in SMB1... so unless if you're somehow lost (hint... go right) there's no need or desire to go left...

and horribly pixellated graphics up to current standards, can you?

The main difference, is that they knew the limits on the NES, they knew what would be acceptable with what they had.

There's a reason why the Mario games always look pretty, it's because they don't try to make the system they're on do more than it can handle. Goldeneye tried to make realistic looking environments which end up making a lot of things look like a texturesmudge rather than a separate object.

Phopojijo
September 28th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Goldeneye controls aren't trash... they're not as good as dual analog sticks because you need to stop to have the dual-analog-stick aiming feel (press the R-button which turns movement into aim).

But by that logic the dual-analog-stick sucks because the Mouse and Keyboard is plainly much better.

Hence why cross-platform games need to give the gamepad players auto aim, and also cripple the mouse with mouse acceleration.

So yea... if the N64 controller sucks because the dual-thumbsticks are better... than the dual-thumbsticks suck because the mouse and keyboard are abundantly better.

Heathen
September 28th, 2008, 12:49 PM
By your logic, Heathen is a Pooky fanboy.

I am.

Pooky
September 28th, 2008, 03:13 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/203/retaliationrepph3.png

Erm, I HAVE been playing Goldeneye off an on the last couple days, mainly as a result of reading the modding thread. I still don't think it's 'trash'.

Llama Juice
September 29th, 2008, 07:04 AM
http://www.llamajuice.com/h2v/pookyRep

Oh, wait... silly me. Instead of arguing points that were already brought up, let's bring more crap into the mix.

I get it fanboy Pooky. You don't understand how nostalgia changes how you look at a game.

Did you even read my rep btw? I said to look at the game through non nostalgic eyes. I know, it's hard. I had many good hours with this game as a youngin, my sister used to scream to my dad because I kept killing her because she was an easy target, it still makes me laugh today because of it. Lots of fond memories of stacking mines on people's faces.. but.. to accept the game for anything more than nostalgia fuel.. is just being ignorant.

Either that or your taste in games just fails misserably. If you think Goldeneye is a great game go play Yaris and give me your opinion on it.

Timo
September 29th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Guys, keep your rep in your pants. I don't want to see it http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-colbert.gif

Pooky
September 29th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I said to look at the game through non nostalgic eyes.

Erm, I HAVE been playing Goldeneye off an on the last couple days, mainly as a result of reading the modding thread. I still don't think it's 'trash'.

:eyesroll:

Llama Juice
September 29th, 2008, 08:12 AM

I said to look at the game through non nostalgic eyes.

Try again.

Then again... maybe "trash" was a little harsh. Let me rephrase that.

The game isn't worth being remade, or the attention that it is being given.

Pooky
September 29th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Try again.

I'm not sure what you're asking me to do. Nostalgia completely aside, I still think the game is fun on its own merits. I think it would be even more fun with improved graphics and dual analog control.

Heathen
October 2nd, 2008, 04:00 PM
I think that the game isn't fun but that its only fail was the graphics and the controls. Both are because of the console it was on.

ultama121
October 2nd, 2008, 04:57 PM
You mean it is fun? :-3