PDA

View Full Version : Internet Problems Again (Double you tee eff)

Chizzle110
September 28th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Ok, Im starting to get really angry with my internet. It has gotten slower as Usual. Its gotten worse and I can't download anything with downloading at 10 kbs. I used to download at 300kbs, what is going on. 0.o

Timo
September 29th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Does your broadband plan have a cap?

Sel
September 29th, 2008, 05:35 PM
How long have you had your modem?

After about 3 years they tend to deteriorate a bit, otherwise you may just be downloading from a slow server, or your internet service provider is undergoing higher than usual loads.

Kalub
September 29th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Working for an ISP its people like you that I hate the most.

Give it a fucking break, networks to have their problems and most of the time, [we] try to fix it before you can bitch. Just be patient, and maybe drop in a polite call to see if they are having problems with a certain area. Also, check in to see if they are limiting your bandwidth, or hell, did you pay the bill? You'd be surprised how many people call in owing money only to ask why their internet has been capped at 15kb/s......

`Abias
October 1st, 2008, 10:52 AM
Unplug your box for 10 minutes

Kalub
October 1st, 2008, 11:12 AM
And that will accomplish what? :|

Zeph
October 1st, 2008, 11:20 AM

Give it a fucking break, networks to have their problems and most of the time, [we] try to fix it before you can bitch. Just be patient, and maybe drop in a polite call to see if they are having problems with a certain area. Also, check in to see if they are limiting your bandwidth, or hell, did you pay the bill? You'd be surprised how many people call in owing money only to ask why their internet has been capped at 15kb/s......

why dont my internets work as advertised???!?!?!?!?!?

Jelly
October 1st, 2008, 12:30 PM
What ISP are you using, and what connection speed are you paying for?

As well as this, have you scanned for malware? Do a scan with Spybot Search and Destroy (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html) and see what it turns up. Remember to click "Fix Selected Problems" when the scan is finished, if it shows anything.

Chizzle110
October 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
well, I believe that my internet is capped. I still get low internet. I don't know what connection Im paying for. Kalub don't hate me :(

343guiltymc
October 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM

Well, download slowdowns are voted to be even more aggravating than noisy neighbors or being stuck in a line