PDA

View Full Version : Little Big Planet

odseraphim
September 29th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I'm surprised that noone has made a thread for this game yet. I got into the beta and am having a blast mostly playing other people's levels. Users have made Super Mario Bros levels, a level based on Uncharted, a level (very awesome) based on Shadow of the Colossus (you even lose aggro :( ), and even a rollercoaster level where you hold on for dear life as you jettison through the track.

It's a great co-op platforming game by itself, but when you combine it's easy to pick up level design with the customization aspects of stickers and your character, it becomes something else entirely. The full game comes out October 21st.

flibitijibibo
September 29th, 2008, 03:09 PM
If I had the money for a PS3, I probably would consider getting one for this game. Some of the stuff I've seen is pretty amazing. After being deprived of platformers for so long (fuck you, Mario), it's been pretty nice to see one that's looking really good.

odseraphim
September 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I find it funny how people all over these forums were jizzing in their pants like fountains when Viva Pinata was on it's way, but Little Big Planet, a kid-esque platforming title with colorful graphics doesn't even get a response or mention.

Guess we don't have many ps3 owners then, you all sleep at night with a wireless 360 controller in your boxers and a cardboard cutout of bill gates to cuddle with?

I own all 3 of the systems, so I really don't have any bias, but what's with the PS3 hate?

Jelly
September 30th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I find it funny how people all over these forums were jizzing in their pants like fountains when Viva Pinata was on it's way, but Little Big Planet, a kid-esque platforming title with colorful graphics doesn't even get a response or mention.

Guess we don't have many ps3 owners then, you all sleep at night with a wireless 360 controller in your boxers and a cardboard cutout of bill gates to cuddle with?

I own all 3 of the systems, so I really don't have any bias, but what's with the PS3 hate?
Ahahahahaha. Ha.

One reply from a guy who says he can't afford a PS3 and we're all haters? Knee-jerk response much?

I would get LBP if it was on the 360, since buying a new console for one game is dumbbbb.

odseraphim
September 30th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Ahahahahaha. Ha.

One reply from a guy who says he can't afford a PS3 and we're all haters? Knee-jerk response much?

I would get LBP if it was on the 360, since buying a new console for one game is dumbbbb.
So you admit it? You guys are all gay for the 360 then, amirite?
:mysterysolved:

I'm loving how you completely ignored my mention of the scenario regarding Viva Pinata. That was cool.

NuggetWarmer
September 30th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Once again, buying a system just for one game is stupid.

odseraphim
September 30th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Once again, buying a system just for one game is stupid.
I agree with that, and I didn't. I've played multiple other games. My original intention for the system was a cheap Blu-ray player, but since I found games I liked, I usually pick the ps3 over the 360 when it comes to ports. I'm not a big online game player since I work and go to school full time, so it fits for me.

At times, I wish the ps3 had a better community, but I think Home will somewhat make up for that.

Jelly
September 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM
So you admit it? You guys are all gay for the 360 then, amirite?
:mysterysolved:

I'm loving how you completely ignored my mention of the scenario regarding Viva Pinata. That was cool.
I love how you completely ignored the point of my post: I know the majority of people here have 360s, but that doesn't mean we all hate PS3s. However, that does mean less interest in PS3 games.

Logic :eng101:

Bad Waffle
September 30th, 2008, 09:14 PM
shut the hell up, both of you: seraphim, we all know that you're a nintendo fanboy at heart who doesnt want to admit it; and jelly, just admit it. we all hate ps3's. SAY IT.

Anyway--i think the big problem with Little Big Planet is that NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IT IS. Viva pinata was obvious...it was even in the friggin title. I mean, to this day dont know what Little Big Planet is exactly.

enlighten us, seraphim.

thehoodedsmack
September 30th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Looks like voodoo dolls meets a 2.5D Garry's Mod.

odseraphim
September 30th, 2008, 09:51 PM
shut the hell up, both of you: seraphim, we all know that you're a nintendo fanboy at heart who doesnt want to admit it; and jelly, just admit it. we all hate ps3's. SAY IT.

Anyway--i think the big problem with Little Big Planet is that NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IT IS. Viva pinata was obvious...it was even in the friggin title. I mean, to this day dont know what Little Big Planet is exactly.

enlighten us, seraphim.
It's a platforming game on crack. It is what you make it, I guess? You can make your own levels, textures, objects, creatures, traps, vehicles, games, rides, etc. The main character is a sack(person) and your goal is to reach the end of the level, defeat baddies, collect these gem-like things and get the highest score (you instantly see world ranking at the end of each level).

You unlock things as you play single player, and there will be online co-op play from the get-go and then a co-op build mode later on. The community is already massive, and you can "heart" creations and describe them briefly with pre-selected describing words related to little big planet or add your own comment as well.

From the time I'm spent with the game, it seems like the best level editing kit ever created. Sure the graphics are somewhat childish, but it's a genre-bridging game that breaks boundaries and allows anyone with an imagination an opportunity to build their world (levels) the way they see fit.

As for me being a Nintendo fanboy, I still like the original Mario, Metroid, Kirby, and Zelda games, but Nintendo can go to hell for all I care. I want to see a new Kid Icarus game, and then I'll probably sell my Wii. Their business strategy is crap.

Apoc4lypse
September 30th, 2008, 10:20 PM
blah... I wrote a big wall o text post.. but was greeted with "server error"

oh well...

long story short, hate platformers blah blah blah, mario was tolerable blah blah, viva la w/e looks like an acid trip for little kids, blah blah blah, lil planet what!? Some of this.... some of that.

Only own an xbox and n64... only care about halo atm... dont play many other games blah blah blah, thus i buy 360 and make love with billy gates and his giagantic gold plated cock. blah blah blah, I hope someday another company beats them to the good business decisions blah blah blah, there too damn lucky and ther lucks bound to run out oneday blah blah blah, itl'l be funny as hell when it does...

Also MMO's are where it'l be at in the future and if I'm not mistaken sony owns most of them, tell them to throw em onto the nextgen consoles along with some sort of sony network, get a flag ship titled mmo-fps game. Then viral market it, people will come. MMO's are freakin addicting...

Case and point, we know you hate ms, cuz they have a damn monopoly over this whole damn market, it pisses me off too... oh well.
:words: < ---- directed atm me btw... cuz I know I am.

legionaire45
October 1st, 2008, 01:05 AM
"Dicking Around in Little Big Planet".
8NICWRAayfE
No comment, except it's NSFW.

Anyyywaaay....

Anything this customizable on a console is a good thing in my opinion. I bet we will be seeing lots of cool stuff after it's released :D.

Pooky
October 1st, 2008, 07:50 AM
Their business strategy is crap.

Hey guys, I know what would make some money! Let's turn Metroid into a generic FPS, and while we're at it let's strip away any shreds of dignity the Samus character had left! :awesome:

odseraphim
October 1st, 2008, 12:52 PM
Hey guys, I know what would make some money! Let's turn Metroid into a generic FPS, and while we're at it let's strip away any shreds of dignity the Samus character had left! :awesome:
Then this douche named Seraphim will come and work on a recreation of it for 4 years in the Halo engine, and we won't see a dime! HUZZAH!

Bad Waffle
October 1st, 2008, 01:40 PM
were you expecting to see dimes from working on a mod for an unsupported game?

Just go crack open your change jar if you have one, same thing.

odseraphim
October 1st, 2008, 02:08 PM
were you expecting to see dimes from working on a mod for an unsupported game?

Just go crack open your change jar if you have one, same thing.
Metroid Online is finished (as in no longer), I could care less about it. I never expected to see a penny from it, it's a mod of an IP, I'm not stupid.

Pooky
October 1st, 2008, 05:21 PM
Then this douche named Seraphim will come and work on a recreation of it for 4 years in the Halo engine, and we won't see a dime! HUZZAH!

Tell you what, if Metroid Online ever actually sees the light of day I'll mail you all the dimes in my change jar (about 500)

odseraphim
October 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Just letting you know, if any of the Playstation 3 owning users on this board want into the beta, I have 3 unused beta keys. Post here if you want them. First come, first serve.