PDA

View Full Version : Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...

TeeKup
October 6th, 2008, 07:14 PM
bb4VA1p5KQk

This just may be EA's redemption for me.

I'm buying this game on release date.

Rentafence
October 6th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Whats with the massively gay cliche of using nursery rhymes for crap that tries to be scary? That shit pisses me off.

SnaFuBAR
October 6th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I've read about it a long time ago, and, for me at least, it seems really uninteresting.

MetKiller Joe
October 6th, 2008, 07:57 PM
G4 just reviewed it. It is (now obviously) third person perspective and there are seemingly no shotguns [mining equipment with physics bending properties]. I need shotguns to kill zombies dammit.

TeeKup
October 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Isaac is a miner/engineer. I doubt he thought he needed a shotgun for a mission which he though was just to fix a few technical problems on a mining ship.

MetKiller Joe
October 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Isaac is a miner/engineer. I doubt he thought he needed a shotgun for a mission which he though was just to fix a few technical problems on a mining ship.

I find it hard to believe that there is no security detail, even on a mining ship; though, I wasn't being too serious about the shotgun idea.

flibitijibibo
October 6th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Well, good game or not, I'm-a waiting for some DRM problems to make it all worse again. Good ol' EA...

TeeKup
October 6th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I find it hard to believe that there is no security detail, even on a mining ship.

They could have somehow incorporated the regular arsenal; I just find physics mining tools to be somewhat far fetched.

Well according to what we've gotten, its a Planet Cracker mining ship, meaning it probably scans, then blows the planet up. Meaning no need to go planet side, which means no security is needed to protect against hostile life forms. There may have been a small one to keep authorized areas protected or something like that but not enough to protect the ship against a hostile alien attack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Space_(video_game)

Amit
October 7th, 2008, 12:49 AM
That trailer is at least a month old.

The_Wraith
October 7th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Seems kinda cool. Tbh that trailer didn't really show of anything. Just flashes of stuff.

Bodzilla
October 7th, 2008, 01:54 AM
EA has never truthfully portrayed their games... ever.

so why would they start now, 99% of that will be cinematics and the other 1% is so short and effect ridden that to see it in game will be well... horrible :/

Sel
October 7th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Im not buying any more EA shit until they solemnly swear to stop installing computer fucking up DRM on peoples stuff.

This doesn't mean Im putting it past them to develop a good game, they've done that a lot of times, crysis, spore, need for speed 3, etc. All of which were fine games, but they finally decided to ruin spore and the new crysis, by putting DRM on it, so fuck it.

Pooky
October 7th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Whats with the massively gay cliche of using nursery rhymes for crap that tries to be scary? That shit pisses me off.

I think the point was supposed to be that space is no longer something we sing about in innocent nursery rhymes, it's now a very grimdark reality. Kind of like the "I hope we get to meet them, don't you?" part of that Halo 3 trailer.

p0lar_bear
October 7th, 2008, 01:51 PM
G4 just reviewed it. It is (now obviously) third person perspective and there are seemingly no shotguns [mining equipment with physics bending properties]. I need shotguns to kill zombies dammit.

That's the point of Dead Space.

RE busted onto the scene with zombies that were hard to kill typically, but once you got a shotgun, things got a bit easier. Now, the shotgun is like your teddy bear in any survival-horror game. They're going to scare the shit out of you by first, making your typical zombie not typical anymore, and then taking away your teddy bear.

Huero
October 7th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I made a topic for this game about a year ago and you guys mocked me for it >:C
As to what Bod says, any footage involving that guy getting torn apart was gameplay.
You play as the guy.

TeeKup
October 7th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I can understand a lot of the criticism, but the trailer was actually filled with gameplay and SOME cinematics. Which is why I said this MAY be EA's redemption for me, it may not.

il Duce Primo
October 7th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Looks really fun for about an hour, but I can't see this not being repetive. I might buy it if it gets good remarks. The developer blog videos are awsome but those are videos that are meant to make you want to buy it. Who knows this seems like it could go either way.